2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Warrior of Liberation"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1044 Discussion and 1045 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1044 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1045

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Don't really know how I feel yet about Luffy now being the typical Shonen child of prophecy.

We kinda saw this curveball coming ever since Joyboy was introduced, the giant hat etc.

But that bis DF is actually Zoan and something the WG have been hunting for 800 years, don't really do it for me. If you really wanted that fruit you would've send your best agents to assasinate Luffy next to a box of apples as soon as he became a problem in Alabasta.

I also would've liked if his zoan powers would work different from his usual fighting style, other than just going to Gear five. It also just looks like a souped up version of Gear fourth. I also think we didn't see the limiations of gear fourth yet and now we're in fifth already.

We also didn't explore awakening yet, unless Luffy flipping up the ground to block the blast breath is him using awakening on the ground to turn it into a rubbery substance.

So much for the negativity. I am excited for void era stuff. I love Kaidou get yoinked back to the battlefield.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Chapter was great, luffy being the chosen one was predicted way before.....
There is only so much I can swallow of that stuff.

Sure if you come from a legendary bloodline with family like Garp and Dragon you probably have a leg up in life and in the world. But if your brother is the son of the pirate king, you wear the hat of the pirate king which is also supposed to be some kind of special thing. And now you've eaten some kind of legendary fruit.

That's too much.

Luffy's charm was that he was kid looking for adventure, and he ate a terrible DF but still made the most out of it.

Well that's kinda all gone now.

It's almost Naruto all over again. In part one he was the guy lecturing people that hard work beats talent. Even a loser like Naruto could make it to hokage.

Then he received gift upon gift, making him the poster boy for talented ninja. Kinda defeating the entire purpose of the story, only to keep up with the shounen power creep.

Relostar Devil

Regular
Kin
326💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Sure if you come from a legendary bloodline with family like Garp and Dragon you probably have a leg up in life and in the world. But if your brother is the son of the pirate king, you wear the hat of the pirate king which is also supposed to be some kind of special thing. And now you've eaten some kind of legendary fruit.

That's too much.

Luffy's charm was that he was kid looking for adventure, and he ate a terrible DF but still made the most out of it.

It's almost Naruto all over again. In part one he was the guy lecturing people that hard work beats talent. Even a loser like Naruto could make it to hokage.

Then he received gift upon gift, making him the poster boy for talented ninja. Kinda defeating the entire purpose of the story, only to keep up with the shounen power creep.
I agree to your point, paramecia fruit was completely perfect but oda made it zoan which becomes completely dubitable, but I guess it was needed in mangas where author makes a plot so deep that they need such fallacious thing to their main character just to make sense of all the story they have made.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Don't really know how I feel yet about Luffy now being the typical Shonen child of prophecy.

We kinda saw this curveball coming ever since Joyboy was introduced, the giant hat etc.

But that bis DF is actually Zoan and something the WG have been hunting for 800 years, don't really do it for me. If you really wanted that fruit you would've send your best agents to assasinate Luffy next to a box of apples as soon as he became a problem in Alabasta.

I also would've liked if his zoan powers would work different from his usual fighting style, other than just going to Gear five. It also just looks like a souped up version of Gear fourth. I also think we didn't see the limiations of gear fourth yet and now we're in fifth already.

We also didn't explore awakening yet, unless Luffy flipping up the ground to block the blast breath is him using awakening on the ground to turn it into a rubbery substance.

So much for the negativity. I am excited for void era stuff. I love Kaidou get yoinked back to the battlefield.
Competely agree. I did enjoy what we saw from it but not completely happy about the how/why. I know it's a mythical god fruit but the rubber aspect is super random to a sun god.

Like you said before Luffy was a successor of a spirit/way of life but now it seems as if he's inheriting the literal spirit of JoyBoy and not only that his fruit apparently chose him?

Luffy has toon force power now.

Relostar Devil

Regular
Kin
326💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now BB will be after luffy's fruit once it gets announce all over the world, since he wants the zoan fruit to become the strongest of all.
Post automatically merged:

Competely agree. I did enjoy what we saw from it but not completely happy about the how/why. I know it's a mythical god fruit but the rubber aspect is super random to a sun god.

Like you said before Luffy was a successor of a spirit/way of life but now it seems as if he's inheriting the literal spirit of JoyBoy and not only that his fruit apparently chose him?

He always had toon force power, right from the start, enies lobby, night mare form were the proof

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Anybody saying that the WG should have went after Luffy earlier isn’t paying much attention.

For one thing, it’s implied that the Gorosei were keeping the true nature of the fruit secret to anyone lower than them in the pecking order. To send a force after Luffy specifically, especially in secret, would raise suspicions and questions as to why that was happening. The secretive-ass Gorosei wouldn’t have risked their lower brass, even Admirals, asking that kind of question. Even right now, in Wano, they didn’t trust their best agent with WHY Luffy needed to be taken out, and only issued the order because they knew Kaido would kill him.

The only two times that it would have made sense to do so were after Marineford and after Dressrosa. In the case of the former, Luffy disappeared for two years and they DID try. In the case of the latter, Luffy went from DR to WCI, Zou, and Wano. Three nations in a row that for one reason or another were inaccessible and isolated. Not to mention that since the timeskip started, they’ve been busy prepping for the Reverie and then conducting the Reverie itself.

The WG allowed their hubris(they never believed Luffy would even awaken the fruit after all) and their need to be underhanded and secretive to back them into a wall of shitty timing.

That's too much.

None of that charm is gone because none of that ever played a role in any of the decisions Luffy ever made.

Reactions: Relostar Devil

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

That's too much.

Honestly said, I find all of this complete nonsense. Do you know what changed after this chapter? Nothing. Luffy didn't suddenly become the Avatar that has to bring balance to the world or is a bundle of chakra that has a hate/love relationship with his own spiritual brother every 3rd generation or so. Luffy is still the person he has always been. He's not suddenly going to stop doing what he has been doing for over a 1000 chapters and go on a journey to fulfill his destiny of saving the world or whatever.

The only thing that changed, is the name of his fruit. That's it. That doesn't change the way how he trained and used it up to this point and it's still as weird of an ability as the day he ate the fruit. If anything it has even become more atypical.

All this stuff about a 'chosen one' or 'child of the prophecy' are glasses a lot of readers purposefully put on their nose to read the story and refuse to take them off. I mean seriously he's the main character. What is it that you exactly expected? That he will not find the One Piece?

Granted, it feels a bit weird to suddenly have the name change from Gomu Gomu no mi to Hito Hito no Mi: Model Nika and it's up for debate how believable it is that the WG wasn't able to get their hands on it for 8 centuries, but in the end it doesn't make that much of a difference. It's still a fruit as any other as far as we know. It's just that this one in particular has a history with the WG and that their ideologies clash, not that it suddenly has some kind of elite status in the natural world independent from whatever ruling system is in place.

I mean seriously how many chosen ones have you seen that have silhouettes with noodle limbs? Luffy is still that kid that wants to go on adventure and who ate a fruit with a very questionable ability.

Reactions: cryhwks

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Honestly said, I find all of this complete nonsense. Do you know what changed after this chapter? Nothing. Luffy didn't suddenly become the Avatar that has to bring balance to the world or is a bundle of chakra that has a hate/love relationship with his own spiritual brother every 3rd generation or so. Luffy is still the person he has always been. He's not suddenly going to stop doing what he has been doing for over a 1000 chapters and go on a journey to fulfill his destiny of saving the world or whatever.

The only thing that changed, is the name of his fruit. That's it. That doesn't change the way how he trained and used it up to this point and it's still as weird of an ability as the day he ate the fruit. If anything it has even become more atypical.

All this stuff about a 'chosen one' or 'child of the prophecy' are glasses a lot of readers purposefully put on their nose to read the story and refuse to take them off. I mean seriously he's the main character. What is it that you exactly expected? That he will not find the One Piece?

Granted, it feels a bit weird to suddenly have the name change from Gomu Gomu no mi to Hito Hito no Mi: Model Nika and it's up for debate how believable it is that the WG wasn't able to get their hands on it for 8 centuries, but in the end it doesn't make that much of a difference. It's still a fruit as any other as far as we know. It's just that this one in particular has a history with the WG and that their ideologies clash, not that it suddenly has some kind of elite status in the natural world independent from whatever ruling system is in place.

I mean seriously how many chosen ones have you seen that have silhouettes with noodle limbs? Luffy is still that kid that wants to go on adventure and who ate a fruit with a very questionable ability.
They just told us Zoan fruits have their own will/ a mind of their own and they haven't been able to get the GGnM as if it's running away then Luffy eats it. How exactly is that not the fruit choosing him?

If the WG knew this whole time the GGnM might awaken to that and that's why they've been chasing it, to prevent anyone from awakening it, then why didn't they make a real effort to kill/capture him when he was weak enough to do so? Not after EL or ID or punching a CD but now a few minutes before it awakens.

Luffy didn't need to be Joyboy to find One Piece as Roger has shown us.

"It's just that this one in particular has a history with the WG and that their ideologies clash, not that it suddenly has some kind of elite status in the natural world independent from whatever ruling system is in place"
It's described as the most ridiculous power limited only by imagination and Luffy says now he feels like anything is possible, so now Luffy can literally do anything he can think of. How is that not some elite status in the natural world? Nika was also referred to as God of Liberation which would make him independant of ruling systems in place.

So Luffy can't be a child of prophecy because he still looks silly? Also, he's not really the same anymore, now he was the boy chosen by Joyboy to try and retrieve the mystery of Laugh Tale. Luffy wanted to be a pirate because of Shanks but iirc the first time he mentions being pirate king is after eating his fruit, knowing what we know now he could want that because of the will of his fruit.

And lastly his fruit in general is just too left field of a switch up. First off why does a "sun god" get rubber properties? Marco's phoenix getting fire makes sense as they come out of the fire. Sengoku becoming a Buddha statue makes sense because of Buddha statues. But rubber to a sun god is basically "just because the author says so"
Secondly, this is the only DF, especially mytho zoan, I can think of off top of my head that isn't based on something real. Phoenix's are a real myth. Yamato's is based on a real myth. There is no myth of a god Nika, closest I've found is the goddess of victory Nike but Nike doesn't have rubber properties. The change just doesn't feel rooted in the information we were given but rather feels like it goes against what we were told so far.

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
They just told us Zoan fruits have their own will/ a mind of their own and they haven't been able to get the GGnM as if it's running away then Luffy eats it. How exactly is that not the fruit choosing him?

If the WG knew this whole time the GGnM might awaken to that and that's why they've been chasing it, to prevent anyone from awakening it, then why didn't they make a real effort to kill/capture him when he was weak enough to do so? Not after EL or ID or punching a CD but now a few minutes before it awakens.

"It's just that this one in particular has a history with the WG and that their ideologies clash, not that it suddenly has some kind of elite status in the natural world independent from whatever ruling system is in place"
It's described as the most ridiculous power limited only by imagination and Luffy says now he feels like anything is possible, so now Luffy can literally do anything he can think of. How is that not some elite status in the natural world? Nika was also referred to as God of Liberation which would make him independant of ruling systems in place.

So Luffy can't be a child of prophecy because he still looks silly? Also, he's not really the same anymore, now he was the boy chosen by Joyboy to try and retrieve the mystery of Laugh Tale. Luffy wanted to be a pirate because of Shanks but iirc the first time he mentions being pirate king is after eating his fruit, knowing what we know now he could want that because of the will of his fruit.

And lastly his fruit in general is just too left field of a switch up. First off why does a "sun god" get rubber properties? Marco's phoenix getting fire makes sense as they come out of the fire. Sengoku becoming a Buddha statue makes sense because of Buddha statues. But rubber to a sun god is basically "just because the author says so"
Secondly, this is the only DF, especially mytho zoan, I can think of off top of my head that isn't based on something real. Phoenix's are a real myth. Yamato's is based on a real myth. There is no myth of a god Nika, closest I've found is the goddess of victory Nike but Nike doesn't have rubber properties. The change just doesn't feel rooted in the information we were given but rather feels like it goes against what we were told so far.
Prime example of not paying attention. The Sun/Dawn has been equated to freedom since the Sun Pirates and reinforced in Wano. That’s why Nika, who embodies freedom, is the Sun God.

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't know how you got "prophecy" from what we've learned? Did we get to see Dragons flashback of Luffy being born, and someone being there saying "Your child will one day grow up to become Joy Boy and liberate the world."

Luffy eating the DF was completely by accident. This isn't like Naruto where Naruto and Sasuke we're literally reincarnation of the SO6P sons.
Luffy is still Luffy, I don't think Joy Boy is even a title, I think it is just a nickname for the guy who previously Awakened this DF, and his heart beat sounded like Drums, and he had the laughter, and his nickname became Joy Boy, because it's just a connection with the actual irl Joy Boy myth.

And because Zunesha has heard the heart beat Drums in the past, and he's hearing them again now, he thinks Luffy is Joy Boy, but it's just the heart beat is simular.

Also, let's be real here, every single battle Shonen MC is the chosen one, regardless of if they just come out and say it or not.

But with Luffy here, it isn't like someone touched Luffy and activated him. Everything he's accomplished with his power scaling has been due to him constantly fighting tougher and tougher people every step of the way.

With the DF evasion, I think it has more to do with the fact the DF is essentially the Freedom Freedom, regardless of it being called the Sun God Nika. And it's power of Freedom is so strong that it keeps itself free from the WG. It's like the One True Ring.

Whether it chose Luffy or not doesn't really matter. Because that just means that the DF saw something in Luffy that was already spiecal.

Last edited:

Jokey

Supreme
Kin
113💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Didn’t the world government think the Gomu Gomu no mi was in Shanks possession this entire time? I was certain Shanks recently (his last appearance, probably after WCI?) went to meet with some higher ups from the Gorosei or directly connected to them to tell them Luffy actually ate it years ago. So I think they’ve just started to connect the dots and investigate it thoroughly, no?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Prime example of not paying attention. The Sun/Dawn has been equated to freedom since the Sun Pirates and reinforced in Wano. That’s why Nika, who embodies freedom, is the Sun God.
I never asked why Nika was the sun god, what part of that post are you even replying to?

The sun being equated to freedom doesn't address why a sun/freedom god has rubber properties. It doesn't explain why this is the only DF so far with no real world correlation.

Didn’t the world government think the Gomu Gomu no mi was in Shanks possession this entire time? I was certain Shanks recently (his last appearance, probably after WCI?) went to meet with some higher ups from the Gorosei or directly connected to them to tell them Luffy actually ate it years ago. So I think they’ve just started to connect the dots and investigate it thoroughly, no?
You don't think they know the power of the man who rampaged in Enies Loby, invaded Impel Down and fought at Marine Ford before Shanks' meeting? Do the Marines not relay any information up to them?

I don't know how you got "prophecy" from what we've learned? Did we get to see Dragons flashback of Luffy being born, and someone being there saying "Your child will one day grow up to become Joy Boy and liberate the world."

Luffy eating the DF was completely by accident. This isn't like Naruto where Naruto and Sasuke we're literally reincarnation of the SO6P sons.
Luffy is still Luffy, I don't think Joy Boy is even a title, I think it is just a nickname for the guy who previously Awakened this DF, and his heart beat sounded like Drums, and he had the laughter, and his nickname became Joy Boy, because it's just a connection with the actual irl Joy Boy myth.

And because Zunesha has heard the heart beat Drums in the past, and he's hearing them again now, he thinks Luffy is Joy Boy, but it's just the heart beat is simular.

Also, let's be real here, every single battle Shonen MC is the chosen one, regardless of if they just come out and say it or not.

But with Luffy here, it isn't like someone touched Luffy and activated him. Everything he's accomplished with his power scaling has been due to him constantly fighting tougher and tougher people every step of the way.

With the DF evasion, I think it has more to do with the fact the DF is essentially the Freedom Freedom, regardless of it being called the Sun God Nika. And it's power of Freedom is so strong that it keeps itself free from the WG. It's like the One True Ring.

Whether it chose Luffy or not doesn't really matter. Because that just means that the DF saw something in Luffy that was already spiecal.
Zunisha said Luffy IS Joyboy though so unless that's a mistranslation then it is like Naruto or Sasuke being a sage son.

Gon doesn't have a spirit in him like mostly every other and before now Luffy was in that list too.

No one's saying Luffy didn't still work hard but it the idea of working hard and coming out on top with a mediocre fruit is infinitely more rewarding then working hard to unlock a miracle fruit that can do anything the user can think of.

Last edited:

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Chapter was mediocre.

Was it required to change Luffys DF nature? Mix feelings about this one.

Kaido still in his drunk phase also doesn't make sense considering the fact that he became serious in last chapter when he announced he's gonna make everyone his slave again.

The whole Zoan Df has will of their own is meh writing. I don't think it was ever implied that Zoans choose their users.

I will rate this chapter as 2/5.

But why will Shanks do that after so many years lol.
And Gorosei would have figured that out after seeing Luffy in MF.

This whole thing that Gomu Gomu no mi has its own will with God's name and running away from WG doesn't makes sense considering the fact that they had that fruit in their possession for a brief time.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I never asked why Nika was the sun god, what part of that post are you even replying to?

The sun being equated to freedom doesn't address why a sun/freedom god has rubber properties. It doesn't explain why this is the only DF so far with no real world correlation.

You don't think they know the power of the man who rampaged in Enies Loby, invaded Impel Down and fought at Marine Ford before Shanks' meeting? Do the Marines not relay any information up to them?

Zunisha said Luffy IS Joyboy though so unless that's a mistranslation then it is like Naruto or Sasuke being a sage son.

Gon doesn't have a spirit in him like mostly every other and before now Luffy was in that list too.

No one's saying Luffy didn't still work hard but it the idea of working hard and coming out on top with a mediocre fruit is infinitely more rewarding then working hard to unlock a miracle fruit that can do anything the user can think of.
I’m saying that Nika is called the Sun God because the Sun represents freedom in this world, and Nika was seen as an embodiment of freedom due to liberating people while using a power that also embodies freedom.

That’s the connection. It’s one Oda made up for his world.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I’m saying that Nika is called the Sun God because the Sun represents freedom in this world, and Nika was seen as an embodiment of freedom due to liberating people while using a power that also embodies freedom.

That’s the connection. It’s one Oda made up for his world.
I never denied that though.

I just said I wasn't super thrilled that Oda decided the best idea for Luffy's big awakening was the only time he chose to completely make up the power, not basing it on anything in the real world and why he decided a sun god randomly has rubber properties.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I never denied that though.

I just said I wasn't super thrilled that Oda decided the best idea for Luffy's big awakening was the only time he chose to completely make up the power, not basing it on anything in the real world and why he decided a sun god randomly has rubber properties.
You’re mad this nigga made up a mythos for his fantasy story

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Did I say mad? Man you're bad at comprehension. But yes I am a little disappointed Oda chose to break his own precedent this late into the manga.
Talking about reading comprehension while taking colloquialisms literally. Okay, let’s try this again.

This nigga thinks making up a mythos for the fantasy he created is a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.