chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If Mihawk can miss Luffy from close range then why can't Zoro miss Kaido lol.

It still makes no sense.

I feel like this whole Luffy becoming immune to fire is sloppy writing from Oda.
If he had shown that he dodge the Kaido's attack with Observation Haki/Future sight it might have made more sense than "I got Guts to face your attacks now".
How does it make no sense? He pushed through the pain. He's not immune to fire it still hurt him just not enough to make him stop.
Post automatically merged:

That's more shameful as Pre TS Luffy dodged WSS best attack from close to no range lol.
You must be registered to see images

No doubt Kaido doesn't consider Mihawk that Great 🤭

There's is this panel in which Kaido himself said that even Fire isnt affecting Luffy.

I mean I can understand lightning part but fire not affecting him is straight BS.

This Advance form of Haki itself is confusing & now there are layers in Haki.
Its even strange that new gen supernovas are like master of this new Haki but ppl who were sailing in NW for years or Yonko commanders themselves haven't shown this form makes no sense.
Do you really not understand what happened in that panel or are you trolling?

Also Luffy at MF was a glimpse/foreshadow at his future sight coo ability. That was the first time he used it.

See Hyo knew abt this Advance Haki. I m also guessing Oden knew abt it too.
2 of the guys already knew abt something which was enough to take down Kaido 20yrs back yet they lost.
Hyo was thrown in Udon prison n Oden sacrificed himself. Now I know Kaido himself said that if Oden had form an alliance with Yakuza then there numbers would pose a threat to Kaido but he defeated them.
Back to my point that ppl are sailing in NW for God knows how long yet we didn't saw this form of Haki before. I mean if this Haki can give immunity against fire then Jozu should have used it against Aokiji. Or WB should have used it against Akainu.
It's seriously confusing.
Ryou had only been shown as an offensive application as of yet it hasnt shown to do anything extra for defense yet.

Also we cant see something before its fleshed out thats why we didnt see it yet, that doesn't mean people havent had it the whole time. Rayleigh showed it at sabaody when he took the collars off.

Anyone who thinks shichibukai, yonko and their top 3 dont have arm. Haki, if not ryou as well, just want to ignore reason.

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
That's more shameful as Pre TS Luffy dodged WSS best attack from close to no range lol.

No doubt Kaido doesn't consider Mihawk that Great 🤭

There's is this panel in which Kaido himself said that even Fire isnt affecting Luffy.

I mean I can understand lightning part but fire not affecting him is straight BS.

This Advance form of Haki itself is confusing & now there are layers in Haki.
Its even strange that new gen supernovas are like master of this new Haki but ppl who were sailing in NW for years or Yonko commanders themselves haven't shown this form makes no sense.
Someone dodging your attack is way less shameful than you just straight up missing.

And yeah, if you wanna stay hung up on Kaido asking if Luffy is immune while Luffy himself immediately says he’s not immune, he just decided to be brave(while showing the damage from being hit), then that’s a you problem.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How does it make no sense? He pushed through the pain. He's not immune to fire it still hurt him just not enough to make him stop.

Also Luffy at MF was a glimpse/foreshadow at his future sight coo ability. That was the first time he used it.
How am I trolling? When Kaido himself said that Fire isnt affecting him.

So if u burn someone then he gets immune to fire? Or Guts is new feature which Oda is gonna add in Advance Haki lol.

Future Sight very interesting topic. So far only 2guys shown it - Katakuri n Luffy.
Other heavy weights who sailed in NW have no idea abt this.
And ppl use to go Gaga over Conqueror. pfff.

See Oda need to explain properly this Advance Haki. I remember someone said that Vergo had Advance Armament or next lvl of Armament as his color is different. So what is Advance Armament? Is it the Color? Or some sort of immunity?

Ryou had only been shown as an offensive application as of yet it hasnt shown to do anything extra for defense yet.

Also we cant see something before its fleshed out thats why we didnt see it yet, that doesn't mean people havent had it the whole time. Rayleigh showed it at sabaody when he took the collars off.

Anyone who thinks shichibukai, yonko and their top 3 dont have arm. Haki, if not ryou as well, just want to ignore reason.
When did I said Yonko commanders don't have Armament? Stop posting BS. If Ryou was not a afterthought concept them Ppl like Jozu n Cracker would have shown it way back.

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
2 of the guys already knew abt something which was enough to take down Kaido 20yrs back yet they lost.
Hyo was thrown in Udon prison n Oden sacrificed himself. Now I know Kaido himself said that if Oden had form an alliance with Yakuza then there numbers would pose a threat to Kaido but he defeated them.
Back to my point that ppl are sailing in NW for God knows how long yet we didn't saw this form of Haki before. I mean if this Haki can give immunity against fire then Jozu should have used it against Aokiji. Or WB should have used it against Akainu.
When Luffy learns about Advanced Haki, we literally see flashbacks of Luffy encountering Advanced Haki before. Sentomaru and Rayleigh used it on Sabaody. The three Admirals used it at Marineford. Rayleigh used it when he demonstrated Haki to Luffy at the start of their training right before the timskip.

So did we not see the form of Haki before, or were you just not paying attention?

Also, who said that Advanced Haki alone was enough to beat Kaido? You can bypass his immense durability by using Haki to cause internal damage, but Kaido still has endurance. He can still just fight through pain, like Luffy is doing with the damage he just took from Boro Breath.

You’re acting confused that Luffy was able to withstand the power of something that blew off a mountain, but Zoro and Sanji have done mountain level damage before in Dressrosa and Fishman Island. Luffy himself has done mountain level damage with King Kong Gun. Why is it so hard to accept that Luffy, stronger now than any of them were during these instances, has durability and endurance to withstand a mountain level attack? We know top tiers are beyond mountain level attacks from Garp’s statement that he destroyed 8 mountains just training for Chinjao. Again, is it the series or are you @Shanks just not really paying attention?

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
When Luffy learns about Advanced Haki, we literally see flashbacks of Luffy encountering Advanced Haki before. Sentomaru and Rayleigh used it on Sabaody. The three Admirals used it at Marineford. Rayleigh used it when he demonstrated Haki to Luffy at the start of their training right before the timskip.

So did we not see the form of Haki before, or were you just not paying attention?

Also, who said that Advanced Haki alone was enough to beat Kaido? You can bypass his immense durability by using Haki to cause internal damage, but Kaido still has endurance. He can still just fight through pain, like Luffy is doing with the damage he just took from Boro Breath.

You’re acting confused that Luffy was able to withstand the power of something that blew off a mountain, but Zoro and Sanji have done mountain level damage before in Dressrosa and Fishman Island. Luffy himself has done mountain level damage with King Kong Gun. Why is it so hard to accept that Luffy, stronger now than any of them were during these instances, has durability and endurance to withstand a mountain level attack? We know top tiers are beyond mountain level attacks from Garp’s statement that he destroyed 8 mountains just training for Chinjao. Again, is it the series or are you @Shanks just not really paying attention?
I explained that in earlier post . Advanced form of Ryou was used since Albasta btw.

What we really dont know is what kind of damage and extend to which it hurts kaido this is not reslly elborated.

If Advanced Ryou was only thing then why didnt Admirals or other used this against Kaido and there comes to tricky part what makes him different than attack Scabbards have ? These things definitely cannot just be ignored because we know Kaido is not immune to it.

So either Luffy 's CoA skills have surpassed oden's thats why he could make internal damages to kaido which Scabbard failed to do it with oden's ryou.

So many things are just blank thats why i call it asspull from storypoint it happens Luffy is MC so he hogs limelight . Its natural he will have to surpass former's ability to even hit guy like kaido.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Someone dodging your attack is way less shameful than you just straight up missing.

And yeah, if you wanna stay hung up on Kaido asking if Luffy is immune while Luffy himself immediately says he’s not immune, he just decided to be brave(while showing the damage from being hit), then that’s a you problem.
Ok u ask how it's shameful?
I mean we are talking abt base Luffy who was basically running like crazy n yet Luffy dodged his best attack even tho he was standing Infront of him.

But it's easy for Zoro to hit a Yonko lvl guy who's in Dragon form an flying. Not to forget another Yonko shouting Dodge Kaido lol.

Luffy was Thunder Bagua-ed few chapters back by Kaido himself. Even if he miraculously increased his endurance in 1 week training, how can one justify that he suddenly has formed immunity against mountain leveling attacks?
U yourself said that Zoro n Sanji had cut mountain so they should withstand those lvl of strikes. But Luffy himself was one shot by Kaido after those attacks. Unless Ryou has increased his endurance stats it makes no sense for Luffy to withstand another Thunder Bagua.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shanks

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It will be hard to answer my only guess is Manga is ending in 5 years so Oda needs to make Luffy top tier or at least close to Blackbeard.

I just think introducing guy like Kaido (Master of durability) and Katakuri (Master of observation) are like luffy's hurdle or path to progress. Again other things are unexplaniable why didnt other use it is mostly plot reason and Oda did not want reveal to much info on Haki untill Rayleigh explained it to Luffy .

This manga is from Luffy's POV so there are so many things Oda has not revealed in Marineford battle might likely use in Wano war.

Zoro actually specialize in Ryou btw and those 2 years with Mihawk he learnt to harden his sword so we can safely put Zoro was always ahead of luffy in terms of mastering COA (considering Mihwk is Sword God) .

Last edited:

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How am I trolling? When Kaido himself said that Fire isnt affecting him.

Because youre purposefully excluding the part where luffy stated a fact that he just pushed through the attack it wasnt immunity and you harp on the part where kaido(incorrectly) thought luffy was invulnerable.

Placing more value on a side characters thought about a situation over the character directly involved's statement is troll behavior or retard behavior.

So if u burn someone then he gets immune to fire? Or Guts is new feature which Oda is gonna add in Advance Haki lol.
Thats not what happened idk why you keep saying it. Luffy wasn't immune to the fire of kaidos blast (and so help me God if you post that fucking page again...)

Guts isn't a new feature and not part of armament haki it's been in the series from the jump. Guts is what let Luffy push through the Lucci fight, the doffy fight, guts is what helped zoro take luffy's pain in thriller bark.

Future Sight very interesting topic. So far only 2guys shown it - Katakuri n Luffy.
Other heavy weights who sailed in NW have no idea abt this.
And ppl use to go Gaga over Conqueror. pfff.
Enel and his priests had this as well. Also as we've seen there are multuple forms of advanced obaervation haki, usopp and fujitora can see auras, coby can hear(unless he got voice of all things but i doubt that) and kata and luffy have future sight.

See Oda need to explain properly this Advance Haki. I remember someone said that Vergo had Advance Armament or next lvl of Armament as his color is different. So what is Advance Armament? Is it the Color? Or some sort of immunity?
We'll have to see, ryou could just simply be a different way to use arm. Haki or it could.be a stronger level or the colors may depict strength levels of arm haki.

When did I said Yonko commanders don't have Armament? Stop posting BS. If Ryou was not a afterthought concept them Ppl like Jozu n Cracker would have shown it way back.
You brought up why we didnt see it implying those people dont have it which is crazy to think. Of course they all have arm haki at the least if not ryou as well.

Like i said we saw rayleigh use ryou in sabaody when he took the collar off the slaves
We know now it was ryou because luffy needed to use it to free hyogoro and himself

Last edited:

Uchiha seeker

Legendary
Kin
2,218💸
Kumi
237💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Why is everyone surprised about Luffy tanking through something o.o
Kaido thought he was immune but he clearly isnt since he told big mum lightning doesnt work, he would have said the same sht to Kaido. You can also see that he's got injuries already.

Fight wise I think it's still good. I wasnt expecting some super melee battle where they exchange punches and abilities like Dragonball.

Kaido and Big Mom are clearly stronger than the supernova in a straight up battle which is why everyone is throwing put their best moves and trying to take out Kaido. I don't get why they're letting big mom chill at the top but theres probably a reason.
Damage wise they clearly readied attacks to damage Kaido after their defeat so I'm not surprised. It's not like they one hit Kaido, hes still flying around and talking.

I'm just happy we dont get that super friendship power boost like the other manga have been doing lately. Weve seen luffy pissed at how the little girl was hurt and then he got one shot. Naruto would have activated his new EMS and Natsu...

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because youre purposefully excluding the part where luffy stated a fact that he just pushed through the attack it wasnt immunity and you harp on the part where kaido(incorrectly) thought luffy was invulnerable.

Placing more value on a side characters thought about a situation over the character directly involved's statement is troll behavior or retard behavior.
@bold Ok so Kaido is now a side character.
Wow I thought he was the Main Villain of this arc. And u say I m trolling.

Thats not what happened idk why you keep saying it. Luffy wasn't immune to the fire of kaidos blast (and so help me God if you post that fucking page again...)

Guts isn't a new feature and not part of armament haki it's been in the series from the jump. Guts is what let Luffy push through the Lucci fight, the doffy fight, guts is what helped zoro take luffy's pain in thriller bark.
If you are pissed that itself means that u are not acknowledging what Oda just wrote in Ch1002.

Kaido clearly stating that fire not affecting him means it's not affecting him. There's nothing to explain here.

Now why it's not affecting him is my question?
Is it bcus of his Haki?
Is it bcus of Ryou?
Is it bcus Luffy likes Kaido to be pissed?
What is it? Don't say Luffy is enjoying getting burn from Kaido.

Also Rubber n fire doesn't go well. It's Simple Science.

Enel and his priests had this as well. Also as we've seen there are multuple forms of advanced obaervation haki, usopp and fujitora can see auras, coby can hear(unless he got voice of all things but i doubt that) and kata and luffy have future sight.
Ussop and Fujitora doesn't see future. Neither does Sanji or Zoro.
Even the future sight itself kinda broken as Luffy didn't saw him getting Thunder Bagua by Kaido did he? And he got Thunder Bagua twice 🤣

We'll have to see, ryou could just simply be a different way to use arm. Haki or it could.be a stronger level or the colors may depict strength levels of arm haki.
See you, yourself can't properly explain Armament Haki.
This is what I m saying. If you are not sure how to explain colors of Armament or Ryou then how the concept is clear? Does Ryou also have levels?
Does advance Armament also have different layers?
- This arc should have explained it as this is where Luffy trained n got better.

You brought up why we didnt see it implying those people dont have it which is crazy to think. Of course they all have arm haki at the least if not ryou as well.

Like i said we saw rayleigh use ryou in sabaody when he took the collar off the slaves
We know now it was ryou because luffy needed to use it to free hyogoro and himself
Ok I will ask u a simple question did Cracker showed any Advance Haki? And this guy fought straight 12 hrs with Luffy.

Let's go to other heavyweight - How abt Dofflamingo (lots of ppl think he's a commander lvl guy) - Did he showed any Advance Haki?
How bout Crocodile, Moriah, Jinbei or Ace? - Did they showed any form of Advance Haki ?🤔

See these ppl have been in NW much before SHs were and none of them knew about Ryou.

Heck Ace toh even visited Wano n still don't knew about Ryou.
And if they knew about Ryou or Advance Armament then post some scans. Oda later putting small panels showing Rayleigh hinted abt a new gear during Timeskip doesn't help when last arc the Main character was struggling against the main Villain.

Reactions: Shanks

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@bold Ok so Kaido is now a side character.
Wow I thought he was the Main Villain of this arc. And u say I m trolling.

If you are pissed that itself means that u are not acknowledging what Oda just wrote in Ch1002.

Kaido clearly stating that fire not affecting him means it's not affecting him. There's nothing to explain here.

Now why it's not affecting him is my question?
Is it bcus of his Haki?
Is it bcus of Ryou?
Is it bcus Luffy likes Kaido to be pissed?
What is it? Don't say Luffy is enjoying getting burn from Kaido.

Also Rubber n fire doesn't go well. It's Simple Science.

Ussop and Fujitora doesn't see future. Neither does Sanji or Zoro.
Even the future sight itself kinda broken as Luffy didn't saw him getting Thunder Bagua by Kaido did he? And he got Thunder Bagua twice 🤣

See you, yourself can't properly explain Armament Haki.
This is what I m saying. If you are not sure how to explain colors of Armament or Ryou then how the concept is clear? Does Ryou also have levels?
Does advance Armament also have different layers?
- This arc should have explained it as this is where Luffy trained n got better.

Ok I will ask u a simple question did Cracker showed any Advance Haki? And this guy fought straight 12 hrs with Luffy.

Let's go to other heavyweight - How abt Dofflamingo (lots of ppl think he's a commander lvl guy) - Did he showed any Advance Haki?
How bout Crocodile, Moriah, Jinbei or Ace? - Did they showed any form of Advance Haki ?🤔

See these ppl have been in NW much before SHs were and none of them knew about Ryou.

Heck Ace toh even visited Wano n still don't knew about Ryou.
And if they knew about Ryou or Advance Armament then post some scans. Oda later putting small panels showing Rayleigh hinted abt a new gear during Timeskip doesn't help when last arc the Main character was struggling against the main Villain.
Troll or too stupid to comprehend, either way

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see medias

Attachments

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Why is everyone surprised about Luffy tanking through something o.o
Kaido thought he was immune but he clearly isnt since he told big mum lightning doesnt work, he would have said the same sht to Kaido. You can also see that he's got injuries already.

Fight wise I think it's still good. I wasnt expecting some super melee battle where they exchange punches and abilities like Dragonball.

Kaido and Big Mom are clearly stronger than the supernova in a straight up battle which is why everyone is throwing put their best moves and trying to take out Kaido. I don't get why they're letting big mom chill at the top but theres probably a reason.
Damage wise they clearly readied attacks to damage Kaido after their defeat so I'm not surprised. It's not like they one hit Kaido, hes still flying around and talking.

I'm just happy we dont get that super friendship power boost like the other manga have been doing lately. Weve seen luffy pissed at how the little girl was hurt and then he got one shot. Naruto would have activated his new EMS and Natsu...
I dont like whole CoA stuff being tossed without brainer. Kaido is one of the strongest yonko in the series so at least his attacks need explanation.

Hence this is legit question how far can you take your advanced Ryou and Luffy learnt it like in a week he shouldnt master it so fast considering it took zoro to learn Advanced Ryou (Hardening) for 2 years.

This is why i think oda has wrote this powerup in lazy fashion .

TNC Xlll

Legendary
Kin
12💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I dont like whole CoA stuff being tossed without brainer. Kaido is one of the strongest yonko in the series so at least his attacks need explanation.

Hence this is legit question how far can you take your advanced Ryou and Luffy learnt it like in a week he shouldnt master it so fast considering it took zoro to learn Advanced Ryou (Hardening) for 2 years.

This is why i think oda has wrote this powerup in lazy fashion .
The advanced CoA might be confusing indeed.
We got the regular one (low level) - hardening - invisible armor (High level) - and the "internal destruction" (just like gentle fist, Luffy and Rayleigh are the only user so far).

The invisible armor is already enough to damage Kaido, doing less damage than the "id" of course. The problem is that we can't really tell (visually) when those 2 are being used.

Oda was always like this with the powerup. (I get used to it)
I mean Luffy was able to do soru in less than 1 day (Not mentioning gear 2&3). He learned future sight against Katakuri.
I dont think he mastered the "id", but he's probably better with the invisible armor haki. And he will get better at it in this fight and the others will get better on their own....I guess. ("Haki blooms in battle")

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The advanced CoA might be confusing indeed.
We got the regular one (low level) - hardening - invisible armor (High level) - and the "internal destruction" (just like gentle fist, Luffy and Rayleigh are the only user so far).

The invisible armor is already enough to damage Kaido, doing less damage than the "id" of course. The problem is that we can't really tell (visually) when those 2 are being used.

Oda was always like this with the powerup. (I get used to it)
I mean Luffy was able to do soru in less than 1 day (Not mentioning gear 2&3). He learned future sight against Katakuri.
I dont think he mastered the "id", but he's probably better with the invisible armor haki. And he will get better at it in this fight and the others will get better on their own....I guess. ("Haki blooms in battle")
Yes he learned Gears from blueno during the fight.

Luffy 's learning ability is monsterous very similar to Ichigo when he learns bankai in few hours. I guess we have to consider Luffy is MC so those factor adds up.

Reactions: TNC Xlll

TNC Xlll

Legendary
Kin
12💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yes he learned Gears from blueno during the fight.

Luffy 's learning ability is monsterous very similar to Ichigo when he learns bankai in few hours. I guess we have to consider Luffy is MC so those factor adds up.
Yeah, but Luffy's not the only one. Zoro mentioned to Kaku that he was way stronger than before, and Sanji came out with DJ. So it's not surprising that Killer comes out with a new skill after his defeat against Kaido. (Of course Luffy is the MC, his progress is better than the others.) But the guy who is the most surprising is Koby.

Huszeyn

Kin
12💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

They are just shitty readers all through the series clues have been dropped at various stages but to them it's just happening... For example the seeing future as advanced observation Haki we saw that in sky island where they call it mantra.. or that effectiveness or strength of haki is also down to the individual using it. For example Pica covered himself in armament haki and was boasting to zoro, zoro clearly told that he could only go unscathed if his(pica) armament haki is stronger than his own (zoro).

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah, but Luffy's not the only one. Zoro mentioned to Kaku that he was way stronger than before, and Sanji came out with DJ. So it's not surprising that Killer comes out with a new skill after his defeat against Kaido. (Of course Luffy is the MC, his progress is better than the others.) But the guy who is the most surprising is Koby.
Ya i dont feel satisfaction in OP fights in general it compensates with good storyline .

I felt Naruto had decent face off like kakashi v obito , Naruto v Sasuke . It had depth and meaning behind it .

The only fight that was good in post ts is Luffy vs Katakuri , Katakuri was an amazing character one of the best post ts enemy we had. Of Course Joker comes like close No.2
Kaido and Big mom still lack the fierceness Yonko should be Oda is still holding them back i will reserve my judgement after wano.

Status
Not open for further replies.