2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Yonkou VS The New Generation"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1002 Discussion and 1003 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1002 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1003

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Reactions: fireflieees

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Rated 3/5

Other than Zoro (He was amazing this chapter) and Big mom fight itself was not upto the standards Marineford held.

Oda needs to explain which attack hurts kaido ? At times i have to read twice if it was COA . Why did Gamma knife fail on kaido ?

Why are SN ignoring big mom ? Clearly her Aerial attacks are huge threat. Some of the fights need improvement especially oda need to hype kidd and law .

Its not mindblowing but not bad .I expect kaido to go Hybrid form to finish SN and Act 3 will end.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Chapter felt lil bit over dramatic like
Law arguing wit Zoro abt babysitting SHs or BM fanboy-ing Zoro.

Also it's getting ridiculous now that everyone can cut Kaido. Didn't he got that Impenetrable skin hype where blades can't penetrate him n stuff.
Also I don't understand what Oda was thinking when he wrote fire cant affect Luffy now. So is he now what Akainu lvl guy? Heck Zoro cutting Prometheus n Kaidos fire hit den makes no sense as his Captain can withstand those hits.

I will rate this chapter as 3/5.

Uchiha seeker

Legendary
Kin
2,218💸
Kumi
237💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So is killer out of the fight? Looks like it.
Zoro also took that hit straight on but we've seen him tank Enels lightning and hes quite durable.
Bit shocked at how they're ignoring big mom.
Also I thought luffy tanked Kaidos fire attack.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So is killer out of the fight? Looks like it.
Zoro also took that hit straight on but we've seen him tank Enels lightning and hes quite durable.
Bit shocked at how they're ignoring big mom.
Also I thought luffy tanked Kaidos fire attack.
This is what i call unbalanced matchup, oda doesnt know where to place big mom in this match up.

Would be better if Luffy vs big mom and rest handled kaido but oda does not want Big mom near the SNs . Most of the times he skips fighting arc because he is not really good with it .

Reactions: fireflieees

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is what i call unbalanced matchup, oda doesnt know where to place big mom in this match up.

Would be better if Luffy vs big mom and rest handled kaido but oda does not want Big mom near the SNs . Most of the times he skips fighting arc because he is not really good with it .
More than mismatch I m actually shock to see BM telling Kaido to dodge Zoro's attacks.
She's not saying the same when Luffy or other Supernovas attacking Kaido.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Nonsense, we're two chapters into the fight.

Luffy vs BM and the rest "handle" Kaido ? You're lecturing Oda here how he has to deal with the fights, meanwhile you're writing a fairy tale.

Kaido took some blows, the supernova's have shown they can hurt him. What is the current situation, that Kaidou is still fine. The counterattack will show the difference between a yonkou and a supernova.

Reactions: Huszeyn

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nonsense, we're two chapters into the fight.

Luffy vs BM and the rest "handle" Kaido ? You're lecturing Oda here how he has to deal with the fights, meanwhile you're writing a fairy tale.

Kaido took some blows, the supernova's have shown they can hurt him. What is the current situation, that Kaidou is still fine. The counterattack will show the difference between a yonkou and a supernova.
:rolleyes: sure man whatever.
Post automatically merged:

More than mismatch I m actually shock to see BM telling Kaido to dodge Zoro's attacks.
She's not saying the same when Luffy or other Supernovas attacking Kaido.
Yea the fight scenes have been average not bad or excellent . Oda fanboys will still defend this fighting panels . The reality is he has gone lazy with his writing pattern as of lately .

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea the fight scenes have been average not bad or excellent . Oda fanboys will still defend this fighting panels . The reality is he has gone lazy with his writing pattern as of lately .
You see the problem I find here is Oda skipping certain parts of the fight n showing stuff which nobody is interested in.

I mean Oda completely skipped Scabbards Vs Kaido with just one panel in which that girl-boy lost his arm. I mean come on that Sulong Dukes should have atleast injured Kaido a lil bit (considering the fact that Dog n Cat sailed wit legendary pirates n almost went toe-to-toe against Jack).
Rather he was sitting there with zero to no injury.

On the other hand he made what 2chapters were Apoo was running wit the antidote 🤦

Even the whole impenetrable skin hype is tossed right out of the window now as it seems Killer can also penetrate Kaidos skin.
What's this Killer also have blades which has Oden's chakra lol.

Also I don't like the part where Luffy is now immune to fire.
Heck that means Luffy is now stronger than Sabo.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Chapter felt lil bit over dramatic like
Law arguing wit Zoro abt babysitting SHs or BM fanboy-ing Zoro.

Also it's getting ridiculous now that everyone can cut Kaido. Didn't he got that Impenetrable skin hype where blades can't penetrate him n stuff.
Also I don't understand what Oda was thinking when he wrote fire cant affect Luffy now. So is he now what Akainu lvl guy? Heck Zoro cutting Prometheus n Kaidos fire hit den makes no sense as his Captain can withstand those hits.

I will rate this chapter as 3/5.
Luffy said it was guts that let him go through like it didnt hurt, not that fire didnt hurt him

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Rated 3/5

Other than Zoro (He was amazing this chapter)
How's he gonna fight Mihawk when his aim is so bad he misses a dragon the size of a building?

Oda needs to explain which attack hurts kaido ? At times i have to read twice if it was COA . Why did Gamma knife fail on kaido ?
Gamma Knife worked, his body is just insanely tough. We're probably supposed to this as either Law missed due to his dragon form, or his dragon form allowed him to just withstand the damage, or some combo of both.

Killer's attacks seemed to be some of kind sonic, soundwave attack. So it's probably just fucking up his insides.

Why are SN ignoring big mom ? Clearly her Aerial attacks are huge threat. Some of the fights need improvement especially oda need to hype kidd and law .
The main target is Kaido. That's who the grudge is focused on, Big Mom's beef is really only with Luffy. She's just fighting the others out of principle, she hasn't even brought up Kid sinking her ships cause it's small-time compared to what she's been through with Luffy. But that also means the other four don't have much of a reason to target Big Mom. Kid and Killer have personal beef with Kaido specifically; Law got involved with Kaido because of his beef with Doflamingo, so this is a loose end he needs to tie up while he never clashed with Big Mom;

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
How's he gonna fight Mihawk when his aim is so bad he misses a dragon the size of a building?

Gamma Knife worked, his body is just insanely tough. We're probably supposed to this as either Law missed due to his dragon form, or his dragon form allowed him to just withstand the damage, or some combo of both.

Killer's attacks seemed to be some of kind sonic, soundwave attack. So it's probably just fucking up his insides.

The main target is Kaido. That's who the grudge is focused on, Big Mom's beef is really only with Luffy. She's just fighting the others out of principle, she hasn't even brought up Kid sinking her ships cause it's small-time compared to what she's been through with Luffy. But that also means the other four don't have much of a reason to target Big Mom. Kid and Killer have personal beef with Kaido specifically; Law got involved with Kaido because of his beef with Doflamingo, so this is a loose end he needs to tie up while he never clashed with Big Mom;
I thought Law was nerfed but we will see unless kaido is so durable that it failed . I hope there is legit explanation behind some of the attack why law's attack did not work but kid and killer figured out to beat kaido's durable skin.

How are killer and kidd able to hurt kaido they dont have ryou if i am correct ?
Post automatically merged:

You see the problem I find here is Oda skipping certain parts of the fight n showing stuff which nobody is interested in.

I mean Oda completely skipped Scabbards Vs Kaido with just one panel in which that girl-boy lost his arm. I mean come on that Sulong Dukes should have atleast injured Kaido a lil bit (considering the fact that Dog n Cat sailed wit legendary pirates n almost went toe-to-toe against Jack).
Rather he was sitting there with zero to no injury.

On the other hand he made what 2chapters were Apoo was running wit the antidote 🤦

Even the whole impenetrable skin hype is tossed right out of the window now as it seems Killer can also penetrate Kaidos skin.
What's this Killer also have blades which has Oden's chakra lol.

Also I don't like the part where Luffy is now immune to fire.
Heck that means Luffy is now stronger than Sabo.
I thought it was it was Luffys Ryou that was able to counter boro breath but still he took heavy advantage in final panel.

Translation is worst and lot of Japanese kanji are not translated properly by the amateur scanlators we end up seeing lame dialogues.We'll have to wait for Viz release untill then.

Last edited:

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If Mihawk can miss Luffy from close range then why can't Zoro miss Kaido lol.

Luffy said it was guts that let him go through like it didnt hurt, not that fire didnt hurt him
It still makes no sense.

I thought it was it was Luffys Ryou that was able to counter boro breath but still he took heavy advantage in final panel.

Translation is worst and lot of Japanese kanji are not translated properly by the amateur scanlators we end up seeing lame dialogues.We'll have to wait for Viz release untill then.
I feel like this whole Luffy becoming immune to fire is sloppy writing from Oda.
If he had shown that he dodge the Kaido's attack with Observation Haki/Future sight it might have made more sense than "I got Guts to face your attacks now".

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

It still makes no sense.

I feel like this whole Luffy becoming immune to fire is sloppy writing from Oda.
If he had shown that he dodge the Kaido's attack with Observation Haki/Future sight it might have made more sense than "I got Guts to face your attacks now".
I know writing has been sloppy its on my first post . Like i said Oda needs to explain what kind of ryou actually counters kaido .

Luffy certainly has managed to learn Advanced forms we really dont know what stage he is using that needs more elobration .

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️

It still makes no sense.

Mihawk didn’t miss Luffy, Luffy dodged.

Also you’re reading too much into the Boro Breath thing. Luffy straight up says there’s no immunity involved. He took the damage, he just grit his teeth and no-sold it.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mihawk didn’t miss Luffy, Luffy dodged.
That's more shameful as Pre TS Luffy dodged WSS best attack from close to no range lol.
You must be registered to see images

No doubt Kaido doesn't consider Mihawk that Great 🤭

Also you’re reading too much into the Boro Breath thing. Luffy straight up says there’s no immunity involved. He took the damage, he just grit his teeth and no-sold it.
There's is this panel in which Kaido himself said that even Fire isnt affecting Luffy.

I mean I can understand lightning part but fire not affecting him is straight BS.

I know writing has been sloppy its on my first post . Like i said Oda needs to explain what kind of ryou actually counters kaido .

Luffy certainly has managed to learn Advanced forms we really dont know what stage he is using that needs more elobration .
This Advance form of Haki itself is confusing & now there are layers in Haki.
Its even strange that new gen supernovas are like master of this new Haki but ppl who were sailing in NW for years or Yonko commanders themselves haven't shown this form makes no sense.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's more shameful as Pre TS Luffy dodged WSS best attack from close to no range lol.

No doubt Kaido doesn't consider Mihawk that Great 🤭

There's is this panel in which Kaido himself said that even Fire isnt affecting Luffy.

I mean I can understand lightning part but fire not affecting him is straight BS.

This Advance form of Haki itself is confusing & now there are layers in Haki.
Its even strange that new gen supernovas are like master of this new Haki but ppl who were sailing in NW for years or Yonko commanders themselves haven't shown this form makes no sense.
My only understanding is it comes from swordsmen itself. Zoro used hardening to cut Mr.1 way back in Albasta arc this was explained way back vaguely by Koshiro .

Advanced Haki form might have different stages pretty sure kaido and Big mom knows CoA but did not bother to master it to certain ddgree because of their OP devil fruits both of 'em possessed.

We got decent explanation on first sight both Sanji and Kata possess it. Katakuri has complete mastery of observation Haki .

My only guess is Hyo probably made him decent fighter , luffy is not completely blowing his opponents so there might be certain levels to it. I will be damned if kaido has no idea about different form of Advance ryou's.

Yea this part is Annoying in general but Luffy always have MC protection tag.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My only understanding is it comes from swordsmen itself. Zoro used hardening to cut Mr.1 way back in Albasta arc this was explained way back vaguely by Koshiro .

Advanced Haki form might have different stages pretty sure kaido and Big mom knows CoA but did not bother to master it to certain ddgree because of their OP devil fruits both of 'em possessed.

We got decent explanation on first sight both Sanji and Kata possess it. Katakuri has complete mastery of observation Haki .

My only guess is Hyo probably made him decent fighter , luffy is not completely blowing his opponents so there might be certain levels to it. I will be damned if kaido has no idea about different form of Advance ryou's.

Yea this part is Annoying in general but Luffy always have MC protection tag.
See Hyo knew abt this Advance Haki. I m also guessing Oden knew abt it too.
2 of the guys already knew abt something which was enough to take down Kaido 20yrs back yet they lost.
Hyo was thrown in Udon prison n Oden sacrificed himself. Now I know Kaido himself said that if Oden had form an alliance with Yakuza then there numbers would pose a threat to Kaido but he defeated them.
Back to my point that ppl are sailing in NW for God knows how long yet we didn't saw this form of Haki before. I mean if this Haki can give immunity against fire then Jozu should have used it against Aokiji. Or WB should have used it against Akainu.
It's seriously confusing.

Reactions: Shanks

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
See Hyo knew abt this Advance Haki. I m also guessing Oden knew abt it too.
2 of the guys already knew abt something which was enough to take down Kaido 20yrs back yet they lost.
Hyo was thrown in Udon prison n Oden sacrificed himself. Now I know Kaido himself said that if Oden had form an alliance with Yakuza then there numbers would pose a threat to Kaido but he defeated them.
Back to my point that ppl are sailing in NW for God knows how long yet we didn't saw this form of Haki before. I mean if this Haki can give immunity against fire then Jozu should have used it against Aokiji. Or WB should have used it against Akainu.
It's seriously confusing.
Welcome to the world of Asspulls and plot kai. I remember this happened in bleach as well we have to accept some are beyond logics .

Status
Not open for further replies.