Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
awesome chapter!
regarding jinbei and shirahoshi, i think..
jinbei: he cant stay with the fishmen, so his options are to start a new pirate crew wit the surviving fishmen from the fight and carry on tiger's will or join the strawhats
shirahoshi: though she would add humor to the strawhats..she really doesn't have much more too add, as she is not the battling type. she'l probabli carry on her mothers will wit the protection of her brothers

Dino

Regular
Kin
118💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
awesome chapter!
regarding jinbei and shirahoshi, i think..
jinbei: he cant stay with the fishmen, so his options are to start a new pirate crew wit the surviving fishmen from the fight and carry on tiger's will or join the strawhats
shirahoshi: though she would add humor to the strawhats..she really doesn't have much more too add, as she is not the battling type. she'l probabli carry on her mothers will wit the protection of her brothers
if Shirahoshi somehow manages to get the hang of her power, she would be a huge asset to the Strawhats but even if she does, i doubt that she would join...i mean, she's not only the princess but her size...

omkara

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
if Shirahoshi somehow manages to get the hang of her power, she would be a huge asset to the Strawhats but even if she does, i doubt that she would join...i mean, she's not only the princess but her size...
I believe Oda has a way out here. I consider Blackbeard as the main antagonist in one piece. If we look into his crew, I believe oda might build up luffy's crew in such a way that the final showdown will be a one on one with Teach's crew.

If this has to happen then when we look back into marinefold arc, Teach has a gaint in his crew. I am not sure as to how oda fit the giant in teach's ship but the same might be done with shirahoshi.

omkara

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dont mean her to fight with san juan.*All I see is oda might make her a part of luffy's crew. and size may not matter to be a part of the crew.

j2d2

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dont mean her to fight with san juan.*All I see is oda might make her a part of luffy's crew. and size may not matter to be a part of the crew.
While i agree that size would be managed somehow with the SH crew, i don't think Shirahoshi is gonna join. She's got responsibilities as princess, and i think she'll be helping lead the original fishmen citizens above land with her 3 brothers (once noir successfully transports all of them) into a new age in harmony with humans.

I totally still believe Jimbei will join the SH's, just not at this very time - perhaps when the arc is nearing its end.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I believe Oda has a way out here. I consider Blackbeard as the main antagonist in one piece. If we look into his crew, I believe oda might build up luffy's crew in such a way that the final showdown will be a one on one with Teach's crew.

If this has to happen then when we look back into marinefold arc, Teach has a gaint in his crew. I am not sure as to how oda fit the giant in teach's ship but the same might be done with shirahoshi.
Teach doesnt fit him into the boat, if i remember correctly he is pushing it or something like that. I dont really know if we will get any new crewmembers as i have stated before, doesnt seem to quite fit with the rest of the arc, background was on Shirahoshi's mother and tiger, not on shirahoshi herself...

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Falcon Kick was SOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME! I started shaking when I was reading that page xd

You must be registered for see images

And no I don't think Jinbei will join them. First and for all he's supposed to have his own crew, also he's a former Shichibukai and is way older than all of them. On top of that he didn't even joined WB crew even though he had a large amount of respect and gratitude towards him, so I doubt he then is going to join Luffy's crew.

The problem with Shirahoshi is her size, she's too big. However in the flash back they showed that VDD said something about a tool that could shrink her and is in the possession of the royal family. What's the point of mentioning that if you're not going to use it + Shirahoshi has been locked up in Koukaku tower for years. So going on adventures would make some sense. But the problem with her is...she's weak o_O The entire SH crew trained for two years, she however can't fight. It would be weird to make so much emphasis that the crew wasn't strong enough yet for the New World and then let someone after that join the crew who's weak.
Yes I know she can summon sea kings, however she can't control that and on the see that would be quite the OP ability. It just doesn't fit.

Maybe Hody Jones joins -if someone joins in the first place at all- :rolleyes: they show some horrible flashback from his past for which he hates humans, then is beaten by Luffy and gets a change of heart, but because he killed the Queen he can't stay and goes off with the SH crew xd in terms of strength it wouldn't be a problem :p

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

And no I don't think Jinbei will join them. First and for all he's supposed to have his own crew, also he's a former Shichibukai and is way older than all of them. On top of that he didn't even joined WB crew even though he had a large amount of respect and gratitude towards him, so I doubt he then is going to join Luffy's crew.

The problem with Shirahoshi is her size, she's too big. However in the flash back they showed that VDD said something about a tool that could shrink her and is in the possession of the royal family. What's the point of mentioning that if you're not going to use it + Shirahoshi has been locked up in Koukaku tower for years. So going on adventures would make some sense. But the problem with her is...she's weak o_O The entire SH crew trained for two years, she however can't fight. It would be weird to make so much emphasis that the crew wasn't strong enough yet for the New World and then let someone after that join the crew who's weak.
Yes I know she can summon sea kings, however she can't control that and on the see that would be quite the OP ability. It just doesn't fit.

Maybe Hody Jones joins -if someone joins in the first place at all- :rolleyes: they show some horrible flashback from his past for which he hates humans, then is beaten by Luffy and gets a change of heart, but because he killed the Queen he can't stay and goes off with the SH crew xd in terms of strength it wouldn't be a problem :p
Shirahoshi is a mermaid. From that alone we know she is the fastest on sea. FROM ALL SPECIES! That ability alone made me want Keimi to join back the Sabaody Arch, even though she's as weak as a straw (I'm so bad :lili:). And the ability to talk with fishes, and make them do whatever she wants, or even have them guide her, which would prove most valuable in the New World, give the rumor that it works differently from the Paradise section, where Log Poses don't work, and advanced navigation is a common thing and even considered required.
I don't know what other inherited abilities come with her species, all we know is that fishpeople come with a boost in strength. Merfolk may come with those too.

On top of that, she has this rare ability to summon Sea Kings, and the rumor she can control them too. It makes me think right away about Luffy's King Haki. This powerful ability he couldn't control very well. Why couldn't be the same with Shirahoshi as well? And she did know she had that ability for a while, maybe deep down she knew about it and will be able to master it faster than Luffy mastered Haki.

Also her mother had a very strong Observation Haki. Why can't Shirahoshi have it too? It does fit with her personality. All those abilities would make her a very good support character. And she has the motive to travel, so many boxes are checked with her. She might be more valuable that you think.

But maybe she does have a different role in the stories. Maybe her powers will serve to connect all species, fishes, sea kings, fishpeople/merfolk, humans, and guide her country to a new life, a better one. And she might have something to do with Surume. He fled from the Straw Hats out of fear from Hodi's crew, but maybe there is something else, and Shirahoshi might have something to help him. Again, I really want Surume to join, and I think he would fit in this whole New world.

And I didn't remember that shrinking apparatus O_O. I need to check it again. But that would really be awesome. If Shirahoshi shows some will to fight in this arch, then she would really be perfect for the Straw Hats. The crew needs more girls, lot's of testosterone there. Either way, maybe, like Vivi, she will be given the choice, this time Shirahoshi will be presented with the shrinking apparatus and the chance to go with the Straw Hats or the S
signatures and and the chance to go to the Reverie. I don't know how that turns out but I have two very good hypothesis:

She is filled with remorse to leave her people, and begins to choose to put them in front of her own needs and goes to accept the signatures when her brothers step in and say that it's now time for them to do some sacrifices and act on her mother's will (in reference to her knowing Hodi killed her mother and not holding a grudge), and they accept the signatures and give her the shrinking stuff.

Or

She really wants to accept the signatures but something inside her makes her remember her people, maybe looking at kids or remembering her mother, and she finally chooses the signatures, while Luffy grabs the apparatus and breaks it, so that Shirahoshi doesn't feel like she would have have that option, so it won't consume her.

All of this would be before or after she makes Surume join. :lili:

Last edited:

The Seven-Scaled boy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Those are some nice theories. But wasn't it a chest to make ppl old? Remeber Van der Decken was being a bit pedo, so he needed shirahoshi to be older, that's the treasure of the royal family. The chest of an ancient fisherman.

Shirahoshi would be a nice addition, yet, sanji would go beyond nuts.