Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One Piece Manga 624 Discussion and 625 Predictions

Discuss One piece Manga 624 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 625. Don't forget to rate this week's chapter.

Layout © by Casualmisfit

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Love Cook

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Now it's almost certain Buggy became a Shichibukai xd
Why?

Btw, my heart fell to the ground when Queen Otohime lost her signatures.

Oh and oh no. A World Noble is aboard...Oh no. I have a very very bad feeling about this. Queen Otohime will be killed by a World Noble.

Ps: I think this chapter and the whole flashbacks are a little bit rushed. For some reason, they aren't touching me as they should. is Oda loosing qualities?
I just think he isn't using the characters as well as he could.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why?

Oh and oh no. A World Noble is aboard...Oh no. I have a very very bad feeling about this. Queen Otohime will be killed by a World Noble.

Ps: I think this chapter and the whole flashbacks are a little bit rushed. For some reason, they aren't touching me as they should. is Oda loosing qualities?
Because Buggy got the same type of bat messenger as Jinbe and that of Jinbe was an invitation for the Shichibukai. It doesn't mean necessarily that they only use that type of bat for Shichibukai invitations, but still considering the only two times they were used was once for Shichibukai and the other still unknown, though seeing the circumstances it has a large chance it's also for the Shichibukai as they were searching for new members when he got it.

Last edited:

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Because Buggy got the same type of bat messenger as Jinbe and that of Jinbe was an invitation for the Shichibukai. It doesn't mean necesarilly that they only use that type of bat for Shichibukai invitations, but still considering the only two times they were used was once for Shichibukai and the other still unknown, though seeing the circumstances it has a large chance it's also for the Shichibukai as they were searching for new members when he got it.
Ah! Nice attention to details!

Mugiwara

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Why?

I think its just this chapter. Quickly skipping through the stuff we already know/that aren't very important, and to the big part where Otohime dies.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like how Oda is giving a past to charachters that only would apear once or twice because they meet the strawhats. Just a simple shot of Hodi in the army or stuff like that is nice to see. I think Oda really likes to describe these past story as detailed as his main story but I think he knows he has to get back to Luffy and co in a few chapters.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I like how Oda is giving a past to charachters that only would apear once or twice because they meet the strawhats. Just a simple shot of Hodi in the army or stuff like that is nice to see. I think Oda really likes to describe these past story as detailed as his main story but I think he knows he has to get back to Luffy and co in a few chapters.
Why would you say that?

It was an OK chapter I am just ready for these flashbacks to end & get back to our crew.
Mediocre Chappy. Lets see Luffy now ? Please.
Cant wait some action lol
Meh was kinda boring, though it needed to be done...
I want to see some more advancement in the plot soon. The Fish Pirate flashbacks are cool, but I just want to see Luffy's new powers soon.

Ah...

xd

Btw, I don't agree. It is not just this chapter. I think all the flashback is like that. I'm not being able to attach to the characters. Up until now, Tai died and Otohime is about to, and I don't feel ready to mourn on their lost.
But then again, I didn't really mourn on ace's lost when it first happened, so yeah.

uzamaki2223

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
WoW im jus sooooo happy ta have da whole family back together again!!!!!!! we got lili-chwan, Mugiwara, Cali, and Lovecook!!!!! its like thanksgiving lol... seriously tho interesting chapter... im really gettin tired of tha flashback now that i kno how fisher died... i mean wasn't Van der decken attackin or sumthin like dat???? he must b n suspended animation or sumthin idk lol

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
WoW im jus sooooo happy ta have da whole family back together again!!!!!!! we got lili-chwan, Mugiwara, Cali, and Lovecook!!!!! its like thanksgiving lol... seriously tho interesting chapter... im really gettin tired of tha flashback now that i kno how fisher died... i mean wasn't Van der decken attackin or sumthin like dat???? he must b n suspended animation or sumthin idk lol
Really?

- How the deep Hatred for Humans began
- How Sun Pirates were created
- Who was Tiger
- How Tiger died
- How Jinbei became a Royal Pirate
- How Arlong went to East Blue
- Who was Queen Otohime
- How Queen Otohime died
- When did Hodi create the gang
- When did Decken fell in love with Shirohoshi
- When did Jinbei met Whitebeard
- When Whitebeard saved Fishmen Island

The answer to all of those questions is meant to be given in the flashback. How can you be satisfied with only 7 out of 12 of those questions answered?

And: Ooooh, so sweet :eek:

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the hard part of writing a good flashback is to make it unpredictable even though everyone already knows what's going to happen in big lines. Like Otehime is rushing to that ship with a noble on it. We know she was killed. Good luck Oda with making a surprising twist on that.

uzamaki2223

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Really?

- How the deep Hatred for Humans began
- How Sun Pirates were created
- Who was Tiger
- How Tiger died
- How Jinbei became a Royal Pirate
- How Arlong went to East Blue
- Who was Queen Otohime
- How Queen Otohime died
- When did Hodi create the gang
- When did Decken fell in love with Shirohoshi
- When did Jinbei met Whitebeard
- When Whitebeard saved Fishmen Island

The answer to all of those questions is meant to be given in the flashback. How can you be satisfied with only 7 out of 12 of those questions answered?

And: Ooooh, so sweet :eek:
i guess im easy like dat lol...

and thanks lol :D

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Im actually pretty psyched to find out when Jinbei meets Whitebeard. You know i was wondering what had happened to the two swordsman who were on the boat during the arlong arc, they kind of disappeared, i wonder if we will see them enter the manga at all or just opening pictures. I do miss Oda putting a story line told one page at a time in the title page, interesting way to keep up with what was going on with everyone. Overall an Ok chapter

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Im actually pretty psyched to find out when Jinbei meets Whitebeard. You know i was wondering what had happened to the two swordsman who were on the boat during the arlong arc, they kind of disappeared, i wonder if we will see them enter the manga at all or just opening pictures. I do miss Oda putting a story line told one page at a time in the title page, interesting way to keep up with what was going on with everyone. Overall an Ok chapter
He's doing that right now, he's showing how everyone of the Strawhats friends is doing after 2 years. This is a cover story.