Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One Piece Manga 623 Discussion and 624 Predictions

Discuss One piece Manga 623 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 624. Don't forget to rate this week's chapter.

Layout © by Casualmisfit

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wow big surprise that there is a chapter. An AMAZING chapter. The story of fisher is so good, it reflects well on the world we live in.

And Kaya has got stalkers.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought when FT walked Koala to the village, her village would be in ruins or something. Then after i saw her village I thought the humans are probably going to attack him now. And FT walked away calmly SUPRISE ATTACK ! damn you Oda didn't see that coming...

I wonder where the Strawhats are going to meet Koala because that is bound to happen.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I really thought that Fisher Tiger was going to get shot by someone on Koala's village as soon as he stepped foot in the town. Maybe some man thinking he kidnapped Koala.
A Marine ambush was really unexpected.

And I thought he died because humans refused to donate him blood. I wonder who leaked the story that way. But it was very touching his reasons to refuse the blood.

Now, wtf is going to happen with Arlong and Borsalino?

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Very good chapter surprised the why Tiger died. I am guessing the WG released the version of the story that humans didn't help probably because they want to keep humans & fishmen apart so that they can't come together one day & overthrow them. & I think Kizaru was ordered to send Arlong into the East Blue for that reason to

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Very good chapter surprised the why Tiger died. I am guessing the WG released the version of the story that humans didn't help probably because they want to keep humans & fishmen apart so that they can't come together one day & overthrow them. & I think Kizaru was ordered to send Arlong into the East Blue for that reason to
No. Jinbei said he was the one that sent Arlong to East Blue. Arlong meeting Borsalino has something to do to why Queen Otohime died.
The happenings of Arlong meeting the Marines, Queen Otohime dying, White Beard controlling Fishmen Island and Jinbei sending Arlong to East Blue and becoming a Shichibunkai are all connected.

If it weren't for Fishman Island having so much respect for Jinbei, I'd say he was the reason why Otohime died, and she dying was one of the reason why Jinbei was made Shichibunkai. Queen Otohime's ideas were a liability to the World Government in the matter of the Fishpeople and Merfolk roaming the world uncontrolled, as it would be dangerous to them, and, of course, with the whole prejudice thing, it would also be disgusting.

I don't see Jinbei acting on his own, but maybe to save Arlong. But then being so disgusted by his own actions that he would exile Arlong to East Blue.

I'm not sure how to fit White Beard in this story, though.

Last edited:
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great Chapter! I agree with Lili in that i thought FT was going to be shot when he entered the village... And im now convinced that a fishman will definetely join the Strawhats because of the first OP chp.1 and because i just think oda wants to add someone to the crew

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea a fishman would fit in then they would have someone from all walks of life. I'm almost sure that a fishman will join only i don't have a clue who it could be. Jinbe won't join, Don't think the princess will join she has the best bond with the crew and motives to join only her size makes it difficult. I don't see any of the princes join. My bet was on van der decken a while ago but after his fruit was revealed (which is kinda good for 1 arc but more or less a useless ability) and he was knocked out by luffy in 1-2 hits i don't think he will be joining. Hodi and his crew already have done too many bad things. And then there is that mercenary with those swords who seemed strong and impressed luffy but I doubt he will join because it will be the fishman version of Zoro.

So the last oppertunity would be that someone is introduced in this flashback and meets the SH in the present time. A lot of crewmembers denied to go along with luffy or were introduced only after a while into the story.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Im kinda thinking that the mercenary fishman would be the one. (yes he is a fishman version of Zoro) because he is the only one so far that luffy kinda was impressed by. I think Jinbei could join the crew but i dont think he will, i think he will stay behind to make sure pirates coming through are kept in line. And so what if he is a fishman of zoro, just means Zoro has a sparring/drinking partner... anyway we shall see what happens, all up to god *cough* i mean oda

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ugh, no. I'm tired of Jinbei
I wouldnt mind Jinbei, but i think he will have a more important role in keeping fishman island safe like whitebeard used to. there is usually i rhyme or reason for Oda adding a new crewmember, usually the arc is about them or we see them enough that it makes sense to add them. The two that would qualify, in my mind at least, would be the princess(please GOD NO), Jinbei, or Hodi...
OMG i just had something click into my mind about the message that Jinbei sent to Luffy, the reason he said not to fight him was because it would enforce his ideas about humans rather than stop them and turn them on its head!!!! anyway might be hodi but he would need some serious personality change to be able to join the crew! Who knows, it might be the pet shark that ends up joining the crew :D

Last edited:

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I wouldnt mind Jinbei, but i think he will have a more important role in keeping fishman island safe like whitebeard used to. there is usually i rhyme or reason for Oda adding a new crewmember, usually the arc is about them or we see them enough that it makes sense to add them. The two that would qualify, in my mind at least, would be the princess(please GOD NO), Jinbei, or Hodi...
OMG i just had something click into my mind about the message that Jinbei sent to Luffy, the reason he said not to fight him was because it would enforce his ideas about humans rather than stop them and turn them on its head!!!! anyway might be hodi but he would need some serious personality change to be able to join the crew! Who knows, it might be the pet shark that ends up joining the crew :D
Kaimi is too weak.
Shirahoshi is both too weak and too big.
Jinbei is just unfit.
Princes are too important to leave.
Vander Decken is just a big no no.
Den is a bit useless, apart from being a Coat Engineer. Hum, I wonder...
Hachi sounds a bit too weak, though I do like him.
Hyozo is awesome, though he seems a bit too old and wrinkly. Doesn't have that youth vibe.
Hodi is I don't know, different.
People from Hodi/Vander crew seem too unimportant and irrelevant to me.
Shirley seems unfit.

Reactions: Marimo Swordsman
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kaimi is too weak.
Shirahoshi is both too weak and too big.
Jinbei is just unfit.
Princes are too important to leave.
Vander Decken is just a big no no.
Den is a bit useless, apart from being a Coat Engineer. Hum, I wonder...
Hachi sounds a bit too weak, though I do like him.
Hyozo is awesome, though he seems a bit too old and wrinkly. Doesn't have that youth vibe.
Hodi is I don't know, different.
People from Hodi/Vander crew seem too unimportant and irrelevant to me.
Shirley seems unfit.
Don't think age is a big factor, look at brooks, way older than any of the others. who knows might not get a new member at all, although if we do i think its going to be the shark megalo! lol this all started because they saved his life, he has been featured alot, and they dont have a pet except for chopper, the cotton candy eating racoon pet, wait he is there doctor, nevermind they dont have a pet