Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One Piece Manga 617 Discussion and 618 Predictions

Discuss One piece Manga 617 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 618. Don't forget to rate this week's chapter.

Layout © by Casualmisfit

Reactions: Kagutsuchi

uzamaki2223

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
that was a good chapter... zoro looked super kool n even ussop had his moment... i wonder wat happened to nami n i wonder if the mermaid princess will tell the people that she wasn't kidnapped. i really hope that there's more action next chapter tho.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wonder who's going to fight who? I mean normally you can always guess it somewhat:

Daz Bones - Zoro => both use bladed weapons and are the number 2 in their faction, after the leader.

Bon Clay - Sanji => numbers 3 in both of their faction and they both use leg fighting styles

Kaku - Zoro => number 2 and both swordsman

Jabra - Sanji => hand to hand fighters and both number 3

Luffy always fights the strongest. However now Zoro is going to fight Hodi, but outside that you've got Hyozo who's an incredible strong swordsman and Zeo who both in name and looks has a lot of similarities with Zoro. He also has the number 2 tattooed on his chest, which may indicate he's the number two of the Fishman Pirates, the same position Zoro has.
Also now there are actually two bosses: Van der Decken and Hodi.

~Tempa E~

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hmmm i liked the chapter however i always thaught zoro would fight vand der ddeck for some reason lo it was also two short for me :)

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mm it seems that Caliburn's guess about the coverstory was pretty close. Did you sent in a readers request? Liked the chapter, I wonder what Brook is going to do, how is he going to escape the water? If he loses his devil fruit power he will die. Even though Hodi is incredibly strong he didn't want to risk Zoro's slash. Most of the times the villian takes the attack head on and the good guy has to come up with an even stronger attack but I think Oda is smart to balance the power levels by putting Hodi in the water. Would kinda suck if the Strawhats have to go all out at this point already and nearly die again. So I guess there will be handicaps for all fights. Maybe Sanji has to fight with his eyes closed to make sure he doesn't see the princess. Stuff like that. I hope Shanks is next up on the cover. (my prediction about the castle not surviving this arc came true kinda quick >.>)

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(my prediction about the castle not surviving this arc came true kinda quick >.>)
Your prediction? I thought it was Madame Shirley's :rolleyes:

About the fights, I too agree that things seem confused. Let's see

Vander Decken's:

1.Vander Decken
2.Huge Neanderthal Fishman
3.Huge Fish

Hodi Jones':

4.Hodi Jones
5.Dosun
6.Zeo
7.Daruma
8.Ikaros Muhhi
9.Hyozo
10.Hammond
11.Unknown Guy that travels with Hammond and Hyoso

Animal Gang's:

12.Sea Lion
13.Sea Bear
14.Sea Elephant
15.Sea Giraffe
16.Sea Gorilla
17.Sea Rhino

Intruders:

18. Caribou
Others?

Vs Probably

Straw Hats:

1.Luffy
2.Zoro
3.Nami
4.Usopp
5.Sanji
6.Chopper
7.Robin
8.Franky
9.Brook
10.Surume

Neptune's Army:

11.Neptune
12.Prince 1
13.Prince 2
14.Prince 3
15. Shirohoshi?

Fishmen:

16. Madame Shirley and Mermaids
17. Keimi and Pappug
18. Jinbei
19. Hatchi
20. Den

So... I guess they're pretty even? No? lol...
Either, I don't think Zoro will win, sorry... Luffy might win, especially since Sanji and Chopper are there with him (I'm not counting Hatchi right now because he is in porcupine mode with all the arrows on his back). But Sanji's annoyingly soon to be epic blood loss might get in the way, and Vander Decken stands victorious, just like Hodi when well, the water gets in the way.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm. Interesting Chapter. I think Vanderdecken will get beat up by Sanji because he is attacking the princess, you know Sanji, attack a beautiful woman and he goes ape shit. Hodi will probably beat up Zoro since they are in water (sorry Cali, i love Zoro and want him to kick everyone's ass but might not happen) Luffy will see Hodi victorious over Zoro, go nuts, and beat Hodi to an inch of his life and make him beg to stop. Either that or Zoro will end up fighting the swordfishman and hodi will go after someone else. not sure, but for some reason i feel like Zoro is going to get pretty beat up :(

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm. Interesting Chapter. I think Vanderdecken will get beat up by Sanji because he is attacking the princess, you know Sanji, attack a beautiful woman and he goes ape shit. Hodi will probably beat up Zoro since they are in water (sorry Cali, i love Zoro and want him to kick everyone's ass but might not happen) Luffy will see Hodi victorious over Zoro, go nuts, and beat Hodi to an inch of his life and make him beg to stop. Either that or Zoro will end up fighting the swordfishman and hodi will go after someone else. not sure, but for some reason i feel like Zoro is going to get pretty beat up :(
I hope so too. And it turns out to be one of those fights where the defeated person's clothes are ripped off for some reason, and he gets naked.. 21 years Zoro wears too much clothing...
I doubt it. I'm not saying that Zoro is going to win, however I don't think he's going to loose either. IMO the battle is going to be interrupted before a real winner is decided.

Why do I think that? Well they just have been training for 2 years. Since their come-back they have shown subtle hints of their tremendous increase in strength. They didn't had any real troubles so far. Monsters, pacifista's, pirates...they were all beaten very easily and now at the beginning of their first real test Zoro, the 2nd strongest strawhat pirate, would be beaten already? That would make the entire time skip useless. What's the point of giving him a power boost when he's going to loose so fast? On top of that Zoro is incredibly reckless, though I don't think that even he would just go fight under water with a fishman unless he had some idea how to fight him.

So what's the easiest way out without making both Zoro as Hodi loose their status? Battle gets interrupted.

Last edited:
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So what's the easiest way out without making both Zoro as Hodi loose their status? Battle gets interrupted.
You could be right about that. I think that Zoro might have problems simply because they are underwater. If they were above water, no question Zoro would kick Hodi's ass. But I do think that luffy ends up fighting and beating on Hodi and the only way that could happen is if they get above water because of the whole devil fruit powers cant swim thing. I just want to see some pownage by the Straw Hat Pirates!!!!!

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I agree with you Cali. So let's see, for the battle to be interrupted, either someone important for Zoro shows up, or someone important for Hodi or someone important overall.

Franky, Luffy, Sanji, Chopper and Robin are either at the Sea Forest or going there, so it's unlikely to be them (All of them important to Zoro). Jinbei and Shirohoshi are the same (Important overall).

Nami, Usopp, Brook, Keimi and Pappug (important to Zoro) are escaping, so it is not likely that they'll interrupt. They could be captured by the invaders, make Zoro loose his focus or something like that (Which doesn't really count as a loss, for it isn't the full skill), but then again, only Keimi and Pappug can actually be captured, and I doubt it, for the same reason why Zoro can't loose: it would make N, U and B's time skip obsolete.

I don't remember what happened to Neptune's army or Neptune himself, but I believe they escaped with NUB, but Neptune might return to save Zoro, which showed marks of great honour. And that could make Zoro loose his focus and protect the king.

The other thing that could happen, which I think it's the most likely, is that the 3 Princes arrive to the palace and interrupt the fight somehow. I believe that's the best hypothesis. Then again, they might interrupt the Hodi vs Zoro fight, but create a Princes vs Zoro vs Hodi, which I think won't last enough for Luffy to intervene (I believe Hodi will fight Luffy, so ultimately, he must intervene).

So maybe a huge explosion could happen in the castle, made by our dear Usopp, providing enough distraction for Zoro to escape with a smirk, leaving Hodi furious. Of course, after Zoro fought on pair with Hodi for a while, serving only to infuriate Hodi more.

The Seven-Scaled boy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hmm... Nice chapter. Though...it miseed that spark.

Zoro was way to bad ass fighting hodi in water. He can actually beat the crap out of hodi, If he can use ni gorilla (unless he actually needs more air). I wonder where nami went.

She has a lightning producing tact in a castle filled with water. Fried fish everyone? Do not forget she has the weather bubble which can be manipulated to create umbrellas and thus, it could be used to make a protective, temporal bubble coating for her and zoro.

Poor nami.

Lol at sanji and chopper. Megalo just had to puke no, did he!! I wonder how will sanji react. I think he may actually say "nah she's not that pretty..." just for the sake of irony lol.

Neptune may make a runaway. But where? Different areas are gonna be wrecked by the newfishman and the flying pirates. But eveyrthing goes to one place, the sea forest. The grave might actually be a poneglyph though it would be too exposed. But since no one gets to fishman island very safely, it would be protected.