Aertes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
From the way I understood it, it's Kinemon who has this ability to cut fire and it's not granted by his sword.

Also there has been several moments in the series where it has been implied by Zoro or his master that it's the swordsmen who caries the abilities and powers and not so much the swords.

On the part about Zoro giving up Shushui, I doubt that.
That sword was a gift from it's previous owner. It was earned by Zoro when Ryuma recognized his power and it was given to him after wining the fight. Zoro holds great respect to his swords and honors them, the only way to give it up, is for him to lose it from a more worthy swordsman on a fight.

Mephew D Kensei

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@Chiharu, my train of thought exactly but the dude who was counter to that was so into thiat nonsense, it was kinda hopeless u know.
Zoro is surely not giving ul Shisui anytym soon IMO if anythig he shld ditch sandai kitetsu for nidai kitetsu(same lvl with Shusui and Wado) or Shondai Kitetsu (same lvl as Yoru) but i have always wanted an all kitetsu Zoro, u know think Asura with 3 cursed swords.

TheCCV

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Question about Sanji.

From what I've seen from all of his attacks and the different names... they all look the same, like ordinary kicks (except for when he targets specific body parts, those kicks are very distinct) with different names, just for the sake of it. They all seem to blend in with each other.

Now my question, is does this ever change later on in the series? Like his kicks become more visually diverse and distinct from adopting a new fighting style or something?

Kuzan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Question about Sanji.

From what I've seen from all of his attacks and the different names... they all look the same, like ordinary kicks (except for when he targets specific body parts, those kicks are very distinct) with different names, just for the sake of it. They all seem to blend in with each other.

Now my question, is does this ever change later on in the series? Like his kicks become more visually diverse and distinct from adopting a new fighting style or something?
He gets a really cool power-up

Reactions: TheCCV

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
is robins name known all across the grand line?
If I answer your question taking in mind where you are in the story, I would say no. Not because she isn't dangerous but more because she operates in the shadows and isn't the one who starts wrecking chaos. Crocodile and Aokiji mentioned that she is a dangerous woman who went from pirate crew to pirate crew. You can only back stab people so many times before they don't fall for it anymore when your famous, yet she did it multiple times until she found the Mugiwara crew. So I would say that ever since she is in the SH crew, she started to get more well known, but how, when and why is for you to find out.

Hyperion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If luffy is to zoro, roger is to rayleigh.
If luffy is to buggy , roger is to ????.

Basically who does buggy parallel to ?
It would be more of a comparison if Rogers Era had a sloppy Pirate raised in the previous era by the previous top dog pirate.

So far, no comparison/parallel.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If luffy is to zoro, roger is to rayleigh.
If luffy is to buggy , roger is to ????.

Basically who does buggy parallel to ?
Ugh, I don't know what is worse.

The fangirls trying to ship everybody ZoroXTashigi

or the fanboys trying to couple everybody through parallels, maybe sometimes there are none.

Why does Roger need his version of Buggy ? And also Zoro isn't similar to Rayleigh at all. Totally different characters. If everything was done and foreshadowed already it would be cliche and goes in against everything that is One Piece. Explore and have adventure.

Frikid

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ugh, I don't know what is worse.

The fangirls trying to ship everybody ZoroXTashigi

or the fanboys trying to couple everybody through parallels, maybe sometimes there are none.

Why does Roger need his version of Buggy ? And also Zoro isn't similar to Rayleigh at all. Totally different characters. If everything was done and foreshadowed already it would be cliche and goes in against everything that is One Piece. Explore and have adventure.
They are both first mates.
Both use swords.

Obviously they have a different personality.Everyone have a personality of their own.

Smoker parallels Garp for example, but smoker is DF user while garp isn't.
Also you are overreacting,it was just a question. If you think there isn't anyone then simply say "no one" .

Rand al'Thor

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Both use swords.

Obviously they have a different personality.Everyone have a personality of their own.

Also you are overreacting,it was just a question. If you think there isn't anyone then simply say "no one" .
lolwut? ._.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Both use swords.

No it's an obsession to try and find parallels that aren't there, not just you but the countless threads already made about this topic. Of course Luffy has a rival, would be an easy pirate life if he didn't. And it's manga rule #1 to have a rival. But let me ask you this. If you think Smoker is Garp then who is Coby ? A marine of Luffy's age trained under Garp ? The stuff you present as fact is also debatable.

Also Zoro isn't even first mate. Almost everybody on the ship does more to benefit the crew than Zoro. I also don't recall him giving orders when Luffy is incapable or acting stupid like Nami does, and he isn't someone who plans ahead like Robin and Sanji tend to do.

Besides those three to be better second in commands because they add something to Luffy. Zoro is more or less the same as luffy. Also if you want to get formal, Luffy appointed Usopp as first mate in early One Piece and never changed it since.

Frikid

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No it's an obsession to try and find parallels that aren't there, not just you but the countless threads already made about this topic. Of course Luffy has a rival, would be an easy pirate life if he didn't. And it's manga rule #1 to have a rival. But let me ask you this. If you think Smoker is Garp then who is Coby ? A marine of Luffy's age trained under Garp ? The stuff you present as fact is also debatable.

Also Zoro isn't even first mate. Almost everybody on the ship does more to benefit the crew than Zoro. I also don't recall him giving orders when Luffy is incapable or acting stupid like Nami does, and he isn't someone who plans ahead like Robin and Sanji tend to do.

Besides those three to be better second in commands because they add something to Luffy. Zoro is more or less the same as luffy. Also if you want to get formal, Luffy appointed Usopp as first mate in early One Piece and never changed it since.
If there are people who make threads for something like this and if you have a problem with that then rage on those people, don't just generalize all the people in same category.This thread's whole purpose is to ask questions which aren't worth creating a thread for.
Smoker and Luffy have had more 1x1 moments , smoker is more closer to luffy's level then coby, smoker rejected promotions just like garp because better rank means less freedom to them. Luffy and smoker have also worked together with each other more than once.
Coby got one shotted by luffy during war arc if I remember correctly.
Also, things like these can never be facts only opinions. Its the same thing as best DF user, i would say one thing and someone will say anything else.

Zoro is the first member of luffy's crew(after luffy himself) like rayleigh.
Second strongest member of the crew.
And you think wrong if you think any other mugiwara contribute more than zoro. Thinking in this direction is wrong, the whole point of crew is team work and i think everyone contributes equally.

long story short, you are being oversensitive about me asking a normal question in a thread and its your opinion if u think coby parallels garp or usop is the first mate, this had nothing to do with the question i asked.

Rand al'Thor

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If there are people who make threads for something like this and if you have a problem with that then rage on those people, don't just generalize all the people in same category.This thread's whole purpose is to ask questions which aren't worth creating a thread for.
Smoker and Luffy have had more 1x1 moments , smoker is more closer to luffy's level then coby, smoker rejected promotions just like garp because better rank means less freedom to them. Luffy and smoker have also worked together with each other more than once.
Also, things like these can never be facts only opinions. Its the same thing as best DF user, i would say one thing and someone will say anything else.

And you think wrong if you think any other mugiwara contribute more than zoro. Thinking in this direction is wrong, the whole point of crew is team work and i think everyone contributes equally.

long story short, you are being oversensitive about me asking a normal question in a thread and its your opinion if u think coby parallels garp or usop is the first mate, this had nothing to do with the question i asked.
Yes that doesnt make him the first mate..Your thinking is flawed

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The SHs don't actually have a first mate but the common consensus is Zoro (so I just go with it to avoid the fuss) but IMO the one most resembling the first mate (first miss? first gal? first lady? ... idk) is Nami, I think she (would) fit(s) the best in that role

no Zoro is not a direct mirror of Rayleigh (this isn't Naruto) but I think he somewhat resembles him in power as the 2nd strongest in the crew and the one connection that could happen that is by far the most relevant to me is Zoro (quite possibly) getting Conq Haki, being first mate has nothing to do with it and they aren't simply mirrors of the other, nor is Luffy just a mirror to Roger

there are some general similarities but that goes for any crew

Last edited:

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Zoro IS CAPABLE of giving orders. He is the first-mate and can act as a vice-captain to captain level in case Luffy is missing. However, there are traits both Luffy and Zoro share with Shanks.

Just don't understand the situation in a way you think. It's not anything Luffy and Zoro need to proof to those who are on board the ship they sail with. It's simply to say "Team-Work". If you question Luffy and Zoro's capabilities in acting as someone who can give orders, I can give you few examples.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If there are people who make threads for something like this and if you have a problem with that then rage on those people, don't just generalize all the people in same category. This thread's whole purpose is to ask questions which aren't worth creating a thread for.

I know what this thread is for, but clearly you just want to hear opinions that agree to your vision and get frustrated when somebody disagrees and gives a reason for that.

Yes, Smoker had one on one moments and I agree he is closer in power (at the moment) but Coby showed a lot more growth potential and is picking up rokushiki and haki. He will be a lot closer to Luffy´s level next time he shows up where Luffy has been seen catching up to Smoker.

You state that Smoker and Luffy ALSO worked together, implying that Garp and Roger ever worked together. As far as we know Garp only helped Roger with saving baby Ace from the marines.

You also state that Smoker refused promotions, which is also incorrect. Smoker got promoted from Commodore to Vice-admiral, if he would be promoted any more, he would be admiral by now. The only thing Smoker did was asking for a relocation to G-5 in the New World.

As Thor pointed out the whole first member thinking just doesn't fly. Besides you're not a leader when you're the strongest. And please tell me what Zoro brings to the table on the Sunny when he is sleeping in the crowsnest while Nami is navigating, Sanji is cooking, Chopper is stocking up on potions, Franky is repairing the ship, Usopp is creating weapons etc. Zoro is like Luffy, they're the brainless muscles who storm in and ask questions later. Rayleigh has been shown to be a calm and intelligent man who adds something to Roger's 'Luffy-like' temper. Therefore Nami would be the best first mate.

This has nothing to do with me being oversensitive, if you don't want a discussion on a discussion forum go read the wikia or something.