Frikid

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's not specified, but you shouldn't take the word 'war' so strongly. The war at Marineford was a huge one between superpowers, one that signaled the end of an era and heralded the start of a new one. But the Marines are all over the world. Currently they are fighting probably on hundreds of places against pirates, revolutionaries etc. but most of these wars are highly likely not that big or at least not that important for the world as a whole. If you read the current arc carefully between the lines, you can see that there are quite a lot of countries at war and that Doflamingo has a large, maybe even world wide, imperium of selling weapons to keep the wars going.

This 'war' you are referring to might have just been a local conflict somewhere in a remote region in East Blue. There are conflicts anywhere, no reason to assume that the one Bellemere was in, was something special.

If you read the entire series, wars are not that uncommon:

- Alabasta Civil War

- The country where Mihawk currently is living, got torn apart by war

- Skypiea (Ethnic) War

- Unknown country vs pirates war (shown in a flashback of Rob Lucci, it was when he got that scar on his back)

- A revolutionary saying that yet another country has fallen

- New Edd War (Roger vs Shiki)

etc.
Thanks a lot. I can't rep you because i have already repped you.

Another question.

In chapter 127, When sanji talked to crocodile, i think crocodile should have known immediately that the denden mushi is used by someone else because of different in voice and talking style but crocodile failed to do so.

Is this a plot hole?

Quick link to the conversation :

Skylar Knight

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Another question.

In chapter 127, When sanji talked to crocodile, i think crocodile should have known immediately that the denden mushi is used by someone else because of different in voice and talking style but crocodile failed to do so.

Is this a plot hole?

It has never been stated if Crocodile had talked to Mr. 3 before this incident, so I wouldn't count it as a plot hole. Considering Crocodile didn't react to Sanji's voice, we can presume that he had never spoken with Mr. 3 before. He also went on about a mission, but Crocodile could've given these orders in dozens of other ways than speaking through a den den mushi.

Also, considering Crocodile's personality, he probably thought of Mr. 3 as an ant compared to himself. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't care to memorize his subordinate's voice.

Frikid

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It has never been stated if Crocodile had talked to Mr. 3 before this incident, so I wouldn't count it as a plot hole. Considering Crocodile didn't react to Sanji's voice, we can presume that he had never spoken with Mr. 3 before. He also went on about a mission, but Crocodile could've given these orders in dozens of other ways than speaking through a den den mushi.

Also, considering Crocodile's personality, he probably thought of Mr. 3 as an ant compared to himself. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't care to memorize his subordinate's voice.
Isn't crocodile the one who recruits these subordinates and he is Mr.3 , the third best he have ?
So he recruited and gave a position to someone of Mr.3 without ever talking to him ?

Skylar Knight

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Isn't crocodile the one who recruits these subordinates and he is Mr.3 , the third best he have ?
So he recruited and gave a position to someone of Mr.3 without ever talking to him ?
No one had even seen Crocodile's face or knew his identity. He obviously made someone else to do it for him.

Last edited:

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It seems like it's because Luffy cannot say Trafalgar.

You must be registered for see images
It also lets Law fit in with the Animal themes of the Shichibukai:
Dracule Mihawk = Hawk
Crocodile = Crocodile
Donquixote Doflamingo = Flamingo
Bartholomew Kuma = Bear
Gekko Moriah = Bat
Boa Hancock = Snake
Jinbe = Whale
Torao = Tiger

LitzSabr

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It also lets Law fit in with the Animal themes of the Shichibukai:
Dracule Mihawk = Hawk
Crocodile = Crocodile
Donquixote Doflamingo = Flamingo
Bartholomew Kuma = Bear
Gekko Moriah = Bat
Boa Hancock = Snake
Jinbe = Whale
Torao = Tiger
Isn't it 'Gecko' for Moria
Gecko = Lizards

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Isn't it 'Gecko' for Moria
Gecko = Lizards
Komori = Bat. And it's Gekko not Gecko. Besides; there's nothing Lizard-like about him.

Dracule Mihawk = Hawk -> His eyes look very similar to a Hawks. It also implies his Haki is incredible based upon the fact his animal resemblence is Eye-based.

Crocodile = Crocodile -> Crocodile has lots of tamed Banana-croc things.

Donquixote Doflamingo = Flamingo -> His coat (huge pink feathers) and his bow-legged walking style (while his hands are in his pocket) resemble a flamingo

Bartholomew Kuma = Bear -> He has paws.

Gekko Moriah = Bat -> He's very Vampire-like and even has moves named after Bats.

Boa Hancock = Snake -> The national symbol of Kuja is a Snake. She has two sisters with Snake Zoan fruits and has a pet snake of her own.

Jinbe = Whale -> He's a Whale-Shark Fishman and has the ability to and has communicated with Whales.

Torao = Tiger -> This one's unclear as of yet. But I'm sure there's something. The only similarity between Tora and Law that I can think of is that he fought Isshou (Fujitora)... More stuff will come up.

LitzSabr

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Komori = Bat. And it's Gekko not Gecko. Besides; there's nothing Lizard-like about him.

Dracule Mihawk = Hawk -> His eyes look very similar to a Hawks. It also implies his Haki is incredible based upon the fact his animal resemblence is Eye-based.

Donquixote Doflamingo = Flamingo -> His coat (huge pink feathers) and his bow-legged walking style (while his hands are in his pocket) resemble a flamingo

Gekko Moriah = Bat -> He's very Vampire-like and even has moves named after Bats.

Boa Hancock = Snake -> The national symbol of Kuja is a Snake. She has two sisters with Snake Zoan fruits and has a pet snake of her own.

Jinbe = Whale -> He's a Whale-Shark Fishman and has the ability to and has communicated with Whales.

Torao = Tiger -> This one's unclear as of yet. But I'm sure there's something. The only similarity between Tora and Law that I can think of is that he fought Isshou (Fujitora)... More stuff will come up.
Well yeah, it's not Gekko, iz Gecko. Right about he bat part.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Another question.

Is this a plot hole?

He probably never spoke to him directly before. When he tried to recruit Zoro, he just sent one of his soldiers to 'invite' him. Crocodile tried to keep his identity a secret as much as possible.

I always considered his animal theme to be a 'gecko'. Even if Oda wrote it like 'Gekko', it still sounds the same. Moriah then can also mean 'newt' in Japanese, which is again some kind of lizard. Oda loves this kinds of English-Japanese puns. On top of that he has an attack called 'Horn Blade Shadow' which resembles a horned lizard. Likewise he has some bat references, so you could say he has two animal themes (as far as I know Oda never confirmed which is the correct animal theme), however considering his first name is Gekko, I personally prefer the Gekko one as it's more prominent, especially when you compare it with all the other Shichibukai. All of them have their animal in one name, or in their first name or in their last, so following that pattern the Gekko reference would be more likely than the bat one in his name, which is a combination from a part of both his names. He would be the only one among the original Shichibukai for whom that would be the case.

Moriah also always remains me of the Mines of Moria of LOTR, a large mine inhabited by goblins, which I can easily consider as some kind of lizards, though I assume that's just a coincidence.

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I always considered his animal theme to be a 'gecko'. Even if Oda wrote it like 'Gekko', it still sounds the same. Moriah then can also mean 'newt' in Japanese, which is again some kind of lizard. Oda loves this kinds of English-Japanese puns. On top of that he has an attack called 'Horn Blade Shadow' which resembles a horned lizard. Likewise he has some bat references, so you could say he has two animal themes (as far as I know Oda never confirmed which is the correct animal theme), however considering his first name is Gekko, I personally prefer the Gekko one as it's more prominent, especially when you compare it with all the other Shichibukai. All of them have their animal in one name, or in their first name or in their last, so following that pattern the Gekko reference would be more likely than the bat one in his name, which is a combination from a part of both his names. He would be the only one among the original Shichibukai for whom that would be the case.

Moriah also always remains me of the Mines of Moria of LOTR, a large mine inhabited by goblins, which I can easily consider as some kind of lizards, though I assume that's just a coincidence.
Until Vampires transform into Bats instead of Lizards (stereotypically speaking); Moriah is Bat themed. It just seems stupid that such a Vampire-like character with a whole Horror Themed arc which they are a crucial part of being Lizard themed.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Until Vampires transform into Bats instead of Lizards (stereotypically speaking); Moriah is Bat themed. It just seems stupid that such a Vampire-like character with a whole Horror Themed arc which they are a crucial part of being Lizard themed.
No, it's your personal opinion that he is bat-themed. He has no less lizard-themed aspects than bat-themed ones, on the contrary. Considering there has never been an official statement, as far as I know, that states which one of the two is the true one, it's a personal opinion which one you deem more correct. That you prefer bat, that's your business as I prefer gecko. However you can't then start saying that your opinion is the 'true' one. Even with this whole 'stereotypically speaking' vampire stuff, to me he fits a lizard far more with those horns, white skin and grotesque appearance than a vampire bat. Mihawk resembles a stereotypical vampire far more than Gekko Moriah, who looks like he has lived under a rock in some cavern for years.

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, it's your personal opinion that he is bat-themed. He has no less lizard-themed aspects than bat-themed ones, on the contrary. Considering there has never been an official statement, as far as I know, that states which one of the two is the true one, it's a personal opinion which one you deem more correct. That you prefer bat, that's your business as I prefer gecko. However you can't then start saying that your opinion is the 'true' one. Even with this whole 'stereotypically speaking' vampire stuff, to me he fits a lizard far more with those horns, white skin and grotesque appearance than a vampire bat. Mihawk resembles a stereotypical vampire far more than Gekko Moriah, who looks like he has lived under a rock in some cavern for years.
Gekko, in Japanese means "moonlight" (which suits his horror theme as well). And the bolded letters of Gekko Moriah, which makes Komori, means "bat" in Japanese. Put the two together and what do you get?

I'm such an idiot for thinking he's Bat themed. My apologies.

Last edited:

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We actually saw Moria dissappear so I dont think thats possible.
You better check it out... probably I missed something but I don't remember seeing Moria disappeared.

Moria: Who's responsible for this? Sengoku?
Doflamingo: Nope. Think higher.

and after this, Doflamingo talked to the stranger who works for WG.

but am I missing Moria's disappearance? I don't recall.

Kuzan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You better check it out... probably I missed something but I don't remember seeing Moria disappeared.

Moria: Who's responsible for this? Sengoku?
Doflamingo: Nope. Think higher.

and after this, Doflamingo talked to the stranger who works for WG.

but am I missing Moria's disappearance? I don't recall.
I dont know if it happened in the manga, I only recall how the anime goes.

LitzSabr

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Could Doflamingo lied about Moria's disappearance and manged to capture Moria and hid him for his own agendas?
We have seen Absalom in New World as reporter "Abusa". IMO, Absalom came to Marineford and made Moria invisible before Doflamingo and helped him escape. It fits what Doflamingo says.

The Sach

Legendary
Kin
41💸
Kumi
4,751💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Could Doflamingo lied about Moria's disappearance and manged to capture Moria and hid him for his own agendas?
No, according to New World times, Moria is hiding somewhere in the new world. There is very less possibility of Doflamingo capturing him but it is possible that Doflamingo helped Moria to escape, if that is the case Moria may return in Dressrosa to help Doflamingo.

Sherlock.

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No, according to New World times, Moria is hiding somewhere in the new world. There is very less possibility of Doflamingo capturing him but it is possible that Doflamingo helped Moria to escape, if that is the case Moria may return in Dressrosa to help Doflamingo.
Plus Doffy had offered Crocodile to join forces with him as well which he apparently turned down. So who knows Moriah and Croco might come together.