silenceofthelambs

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is something interesting about chapter 503 that I found while reading it on the day it was released. I don't know why I delayed so much asking this question, but at least here it is now.

After Minato essentially forces Madara to retreat, he goes to meet up with Kushina, and they begin talking about their family, that has just experienced the addition of a new member; Kushina tells Minato that if all three of them lived together, she would only be able to picture happiness.

But that's beside the point. After Kushina says she will die along with the fox to prevent its resurrection, Minato offers another idea - that both of them use the remaining portions of their chakra to seal into Naruto, so they can see him again when he grows up. Minato says to Kushina "...I'll lead the Nine-Tails away, with only a seal a non-jinchuuriki like me can use, the Dead Demon Seal!"

Coming on to my point. Kushina does not seem to like Minato's idea, but then Minato tells her the following, which seems to sway her into letting Minato seal the Nine-Tailed Fox into Naruto.

You must be registered for see images

Now, my question is, what was the second thing Minato confirmed that night? He told Kushina that the masked man would be the one to bring catastrophe upon everyone, but that was only one of the two things he realized before summoning the Shinigami to seal the Nine-Tails away. Any thoughts on what this second realization might have been?

Last edited:
Reactions: Naruto..

DeathReaperSeal

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So, what you want to know bout this? it's bout the child of phrophecy or how the fuk you write it lol.
But I think they just believed in to Jiraiya's words and of the Frog (king or what ever it was?)

silenceofthelambs

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So, what you want to know bout this? it's bout the child of phrophecy or how the fuk you write it lol.
But I think they just believed in to Jiraiya's words and of the Frog (king or what ever it was?)
But Minato was never a sage, thus he never knew about Myoboku Mountain, and so he did not know about the Great Sage or any of his prophecies. Minato only tells Kushina "the first [thing I confirmed] is that masked man, the one who attacked you...he is the harbinger of that disaster!" Well, what about the second? Sure, Minato remembered Jiraiya's words that the destined child would save the ninja world from disaster, but don't you think that connects to the first confirmation of events that Minato told Kushina? It seems like the second has yet to be revealed. But any of you are free to prove me wrong if you wish. It was just interesting to me that Minato said he had two things to tell, yet only said one of them. Will this coming chapter shed some light on this subject? Maybe we'll see.

David

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It might be when he said Naruto will be the one to stop him, but im not sure, cause he didnt make it clear that that was the second thing he realized. I doubt he'll say anything about it in the next chapter though, even if he did forget to say the second thing.

silenceofthelambs

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's right there^^

"And Naruto will be the one to stop him."
That's true, but don't you think Naruto stopping Madara connects with the first realization Naruto made? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think there might be something else that Minato confirmed (not sure when or where), a critical piece of information that might be revealed by the toads on Myoboku Mountain, or anyone else for that matter.

silenceofthelambs

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It might be when he said Naruto will be the one to stop him, but im not sure, cause he didnt make it clear that that was the second thing he realized. I doubt he'll say anything about it in the next chapter though, even if he did forget to say the second thing.
It certainly could be, but in my opinion it isn't. Minato didn't specify that "the second thing I confirmed is that Naruto will be the one to stop this masked man," or any other similar phrasing of this sentence. Besides, considering Kishimoto's nature of handling this manga, he likes withholding information until the very last of things, when it is absolutely necessary that he reveal it. For example, I think Madara's face will be revealed only when he is defeated at the end of the series, or just before his death. He will keep us all waiting and toy with our minds, then at the end will finally reveal what we have wanted to know for chapters on end.

Kazeblade

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It certainly could be, but in my opinion it isn't. Minato didn't specify that "the second thing I confirmed is that Naruto will be the one to stop this masked man," or any other similar phrasing of this sentence. Besides, considering Kishimoto's nature of handling this manga, he likes withholding information until the very last of things, when it is absolutely necessary that he reveal it. For example, I think Madara's face will be revealed only when he is defeated at the end of the series, or just before his death. He will keep us all waiting and toy with our minds, then at the end will finally reveal what we have wanted to know for chapters on end.
The "and" present when talking about Naruto indicates a second thought. Naruto stopping him is the second point. If he said "First, that masked man is the harbinger of that disaster and SECOND, Naruto will be the one to stop him," there would be no debate. Remember this is a fan translation. There's no question here.

silenceofthelambs

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The "and" present when talking about Naruto indicates a second thought. Naruto stopping him is the second point. If he said "First, that masked man is the harbinger of that disaster and SECOND, Naruto will be the one to stop him," there would be no debate. Remember this is a fan translation. There's no question here.
I suppose so, but I was just considering the possibility whether Minato was referring to something more, or not.