blazekev90

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ladies and gentlemen, I think we've found this thread's douchebag, give him a pat on the shoulder.
I have highlighted points that I consider key-points in your post. Most of the highlighted statements are a part of a whole, so please read the entire thing before argumenting based on what I've highlighted. There, I said it, so don't come yelling about me taking your arguments out of context.

First of all, your entire first paragraph about the case being a racial issue is moot point. All the 'evidence' that points to the Zimmerman case being racially motivated was based on Zimmermans call to the Stanford Police Department where he reported Martin's 'suspicious activity'. Whether or not Martin was actually 'up to no goo' is irrelevant. What matters is that the case has nothing to do with Martin being black.

Read that and take a look at the actual Police reports instead of linking me to CNN or BBC, as I have a hunch that you'll do.
And the fact that the case has been blown completely out of proportion has nothing to do with Zimmerman not being arrested immediately. Really, what really should interest people is how the media has completely destroyed the case, just as they have Zimmerman himself.

Honestly, I actually laughed when I heard about those 'hoodie-demonstrations'. The fact is that hoodies are intimidating, simple as that. Some clothing is simply more 'intimidating' and 'threatening' than other clothing. Really, most people would rather stand beside a man wearing a suit than they would a man wearing a black trench-coat and fingerless gloves. It is ridiculous, yes, but it's simply how it is. I'd be scared shitless if a man, face obscured by a black hoodie, came walking towards me with his hands in his pockets. The guy might as well be harmless, but his clothing gives an intimidating impression. It's called being superficial, by the way. I'm sure Martin was a nice guy, but Zimmerman didn't know Martin and based his judgement on his apparent behavior and clothing. 'He looks suspicious' is not a racial slur, not is it an uncommon expression.

For the last time; Zimmerman was hardly even ADVICED not to follow Martin, the dispatchers exact words were; "We don't need you to do that." O_O Can you guess who turned that advice into a direct order? The media! Good guess. Oh, by the way, a dispatcher has no authority to issue any kind of orders, so even if the dispatcher had ordered Zimmerman not to follow Martin, it would've been moot point, especially in court.
I find it funny how you continously state that Zimmerman should 'accept (your exact wording was; 'except', but I think and hope that you worded it like that by mistake) the consequences of his actions'. Well, if you insist on going down that sort of path, shouldn't Martin accept the consequences of wearing a hoodie, too? Shouldn't everyone just accept whatever punishment, however unfair it is, others give to them? You're being ridiculous. Stop being ridiculous.
Whoop-di-doo! It's not self-defence if you have a gun, hurr durr.
I will not comment on the law that allows citizens to buy and use guns, simply because it is not the topic of this thread.
I'm glad that you have realized thar Martin did, indeed, strike first. However, I fail to see any logical reason for why MARTIN's attack is completely justifiable, while Zimmerman's is not. There is something called panic, you know, most people panic when someone sits on top of them, restraining them while smashing their head against the pavement.
"Ok, perhaps the kid felt threatened & to defend himself, he had to make the first move. What would you do if being followed? Most would say run away, but chances are others would confront them." This is probably the single most stupid thing I've ever heard. Felt threatened? First move? Chances are? What. The. Hell. How can you not be ashamed of blatantly stating that it's okay to turn around and smash your followers head in? If Zimmerman hadn't had a gun, this case would've been about a black guy beating up his white 'stalker', that would've been more simple, wouldn't it? But because Zimmerman had a gun, panicked and fired it, you justify this unprovoked act of violence? What in the world!?

Your last two paragraphs really made me loose it. You are, apparently, aware that this case has ruined Zimmermans life forever. You're also aware that it doens't matter whether or not he's punished, because this case will always follow him. You're very aware that he'll receive threats, perhaps someone will even attempt to kill him. You're aware of all of this... And you rejoice in it? With all due respect, mr. Anonymous, your oppinions sicken me to the very core of my being.

I hope this cleared some stuff
-Zero
This post was a big long #fail

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This post was a big long #fail
I wouldn't be particularly sad if you died of leukemia, preferably in a ditch.

You can't deny that the actions of Zimmerman ultimately led to Martin's death. And whether or not the dispatcher forcefully told him, or simply suggested him not to follow Martin doesn't matter. If a dispatcher tells you they don't need you to do something, don't do it. We have policemen for a reason, let them do their jobs. Zimmerman didn't think things through. He should have thought about what he was doing. He knew he had a gun on him, and he thought Martin was suspicious. What did he think would come from confronting a suspicious looking person? An obvious outcome would be a physical confrontation. And if you have a gun on you, knowingly going into a confrontation like that is reckless. He was ignorant of the situation and started a chain of events that should have never happened.

As for Martin attacking first, perhaps he shouldn't have. We also aren't clear on what exactly led up to the first blow so we can't say definitively who was justified in what. But if some stranger is following you, it would certainly be a cause of concern. Martin felt the need to defend himself too. Why is that aspect of self defense ignored? Why should he have to wait until he's hit before defending himself? What if that first hit rendered him incapable of defending himself? Did he make the wrong decision? Probably. Does that mean the shooting was justified? Absolutely not.

Its true this case has been blown way out of proportion and has been misrepresented on many occasions in the media. But that doesn't mean Zimmerman is innocent. I'm not an expert on law in any way, so I have no idea whether or not he'll be convicted. None of us know all the facts, and things will be clarified during the trial. Based on the law and what's provable he may or may not be convicted. And based on the laws, the shooting may actually be justified. However, what I do know is that Zimmerman's actions led to the death of Martin. It wasn't what he wanted, it wasn't what he was expecting. But that is what happened.
Honestly, had the shooting happened in a European country, the case would've been much clearer. However, the entire thing happened in the United States and that complicates things, particularly because of their laws regarding self-defence and firearms. I am of the oppinion that, if the episode had occured in a European country, Zimmerman should be imprisoned as he would've broken several laws easily. However, Zimmerman shot Martin in the United States, and as far as I can tell and see, the shot went by the book according to US law.

@ Bolded: Because the very definition of self-defence is that you defend yourself from a physical attack.

Morally, Zimmerman should be imprisoned. My point, however, is that Zimmerman will not be judged solely on his crimes, but by the amount of attention the case has received. Furthermore, society doesn't know when to stop, there will be no mercy for Zimmerman, especially not in the USA.
The only thing that really interest me about this case is the way everyone paints Zimmerman as a terrible, rascist mofo with no respect for anything but his gun. That and the whole racial aspect pisses me off greatly.

Mercy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really don't care if he shot a kid or a tree.
We don't know what exactly happened and if it was self defense, even if it wasn't and he was set free - I couldn't care less. I mean, not like I'm a heartless bastard but hey, kids get shot to death everywhere in the world, not just the USA. And shot death is a good thing compared kids getting raped and then killed. Boy's death sure is sad but you can't do shit about it. Same with Kony. . . Oh look the media showed us an african warlord recruting kids for his army. Not like it already happened before all that Kony shit.

I read about that case from the picture, those people died in the most horrible imaginable way that no human should ever be subjected to. They tortured that girl for hours on end after making her watch them torture her BF to death. And when I say torture I mean an unimaginable level of torture.
You should read about Junko Furuta.
Something like that is just so f*cked up, there you'll get a new definition of "torture in an unimaginable level".

I almost threw up while reading about it.
You really should read it;

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

HNIC

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wouldn't be particularly sad if you died of leukemia, preferably in a ditch.

Honestly, had the shooting happened in a European country, the case would've been much clearer. However, the entire thing happened in the United States and that complicates things, particularly because of their laws regarding self-defence and firearms. I am of the oppinion that, if the episode had occured in a European country, Zimmerman should be imprisoned as he would've broken several laws easily. However, Zimmerman shot Martin in the United States, and as far as I can tell and see, the shot went by the book according to US law.

@ Bolded: Because the very definition of self-defence is that you defend yourself from a physical attack.

Morally, Zimmerman should be imprisoned. My point, however, is that Zimmerman will not be judged solely on his crimes, but by the amount of attention the case has received. Furthermore, society doesn't know when to stop, there will be no mercy for Zimmerman, especially not in the USA.
The only thing that really interest me about this case is the way everyone paints Zimmerman as a terrible, rascist mofo with no respect for anything but his gun. That and the whole racial aspect pisses me off greatly.
bxtch pls exit