2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Of Tales and Tastes
The Candymaker

You must be registered for see images

Chapter 2

The monster traced a finger across the table before dragging it over its lips. Only its demonic mouth was showing through the blood-tainted bandages, wrapped tight around its head. The taste of the pleading man on the corner was mouth-watering, even at the distance. The beast approached its prey before joining its hands in an handseal, igniting the man. The crystal sugar melting on his skin, turning him deliciously brown, excruciatingly loud.

Hozuki Ayu rampaged furiously through the door to his house, his counselor following through.

"Leave!" He growled, as his wife scurried away, leaving behind a couple of pots and kettles.

"Ayu-Sama, if ye could just listen to me" His counselor began.

"Shut up! I’ve never been more humiliated in my life"

"No, Ayu-sama, you didn’t!"

"Oh yes, they made me a fool"

"Gracious no, of course they didn't"

"Well obviously, ye dimwitted fishbrain! No one makes a fool out of Hozuki Ayu. What’re ye tryin’ to imply?!"

The counselor cowered to a corner. He was a little shrimp-like man, high-born but most certainly getting his position through the art of brown nosing, rather than wits or skill. As he apologized frantically, Ayu began circling the room, lost in thoughts.

"It's clear who's the fool here"

"Oh yes, quite clear, Ayu-sama!"

"Is that nosy Temujin Otaghen!"

"Aye! Just the name makes me blood boil, Ayu-sama"

"We need to take him down"

"Down lower still, Ayu-sama, lower still!"

"He can't get the credits for capturin’ the Candymaker"

"Oh no, Ayu-sama, he can't"

"An’ neither can the Kaguya..."

"The savages, no no no, it, it must be us"

"US?!"

"Oh no, Ayu-sama, I'm sorry, of course not, ye, Ayu-sama, it must be ye"

"Of course it must be me, who else is even capable of such?"

"No one, Ayu-sama!"

"So, what should we do..."

"What should we, indeed"

Ayu stopped on his tracks abruptly, and the poor counselor slammed against his back, falling down to the floor.

"Just what are ye doin’?” The shrimp-councilor opened his mouth to an endless stream of apologies, but was interrupt on his tracks.

“ Don't speak, water's past. I have a plan"

"Oh good, Ayu-sama, good"

"Don't just sit there, write it down! Tonight, we send our men to Yuugyo, and to the Kaguya. We put’em in the hands of the beastly savage Kemono, with the goal of catchin’ the Candymaker. This’ll be nothing more than a chance for us to get information on their defenses. They’ll report to me every mornin’. Meanwhile, I‘ll be inside Yuugyo, and I shall keep Otaghen under my eye. If we ever get close to the Candymaker, I’ll catch him myself. But a plan, we need to think of a plan..."

"Maybe a trap?"

"I got it. A trap. We need a trap"

"Great plan, Ayu-Sama"

"Aye, a trap. To catch the Candymaker. And have him work for us. Imagine, the Candymaker. My personal servant. We can use him to deal a fatal blow against the Kaguya. And we can even get him to kill Otaghen. I'll rule Yuugyo. I mean, who else?"

"Only you, Ayu-Sama"

"What does a beast like Candymaker wants the most?"

"Gold?"

"No, you fishwitt. The Candymaker wants candy! It's more than obvious! Call out the clan. Tell them to gather sweets! Do it before the arrival of our guests. Oh yes, this’ll be grand."

"Grandest, Ayu-Sama, Grandest!"

"Don't just stand there, call my woman. I'm hungry."

"Aye, Ayu-Sama."

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

The_Empire

Supreme
Kin
6,343💸
Kumi
3,542💴
Trait Points
18⚔️
OMG I thought I was reading it wrong but it suppose to go like that. The guy that is sounding like he is repeating everything lol made me laugh. He reminds me of someone, hmm.

Great chapter, I can't wait to hear more about Candymaker.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nice once again lili! Keep linking me them, k?
I will! Thank you!

OMG I thought I was reading it wrong but it suppose to go like that. The guy that is sounding like he is repeating everything lol made me laugh. He reminds me of someone, hmm.

Great chapter, I can't wait to hear more about Candymaker.
Yeah, typical brown noser xD

Every mini "prologue" to each chapter will be something about the Candymaker. But I'll have it make an appearance soon!

Noni

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That intro was amazing.
I can't wait to learn about candy man seems like mysterywhen it comes to him!!
The counselor though annoys me ...I guess every story must have that annoying character .
Nice job Lili