Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
most likely obito is toast next chapter, but this does not mean the end!
no! instead he will meet the reaper, hamham.
obito was afraid of the idea of a shinigami when he woke up in the cave. that was madara.

but this time it'll be the real deal.
its the reaper of the rds. hammy.

i have read that the staff hamura holds is that of a shaman. i guess similiar to death stuff.

i dont know whatll happen after that. maybe a rinxobito powerup.... i dunno. it might be time to find out about him since hago is on the scene.
side note theres also the gedo arm that could be used for something. just had a thought, gedo could help for use of what hagoromo needs alot of chakra for. not sure if its in kamui or somehow stupidly not.

thank you.

Last edited:

Angelic.

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I hope so im not ready to see Obito die.
i know i wanted him to participate more. what was the point of retrieving sasuke? just a waste of chapters to make him and sakura useful. i dont mind him dying this way bc its cute he feels good enough now to go to where rin is when before he said he wasnt worthy. he wants to show off to her.
also hes protecting naruto who has obitos past self living on within him. now im gonna know how itachi and madara fans feel like lol.

Rabbit Teth

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
After writing a couple of those Hamura / Shinigami theories I'm really not sure what's going to happen with Obito.

If Hamura is a death god then it's entirely possible that Obito would go to one of the Hell Realms and so belong to the Shinigami.

That's more of an Old Testament reading of death though. You die, you go to the big pearly gates of Heaven and Saint Peter decides whether you get to go into heaven or get sent to Hell. A New Testament reading of death is very similar to some of the Buddhist readings of death but doesn't make for as exciting a story in pop culture.

From what little I've picked up on about Buddhism, in trying to match up the iconography in Naruto with real world beliefs, death is not a conclusion but a step towards greater enlightenment. The three Buddhas who govern the death realms are guides to enlightenment.

If Obito 'dies' now, then I don't really know whether he'll be judged for his crimes over his lifetime, weighing sins against virtues, or whether his reformation will allow him to progress on his path to enlightenment. From what we've seen so far I think the latter is more likely. The only clue we've really gotten is from when Sakumo Hatake (Kakashi's father) was allowed to move on from his guilt in the afterlife to be rejoined with Kakashi's mother after coming to accept and move on from his mistakes.

I've kind of got the same problem in explaining the six realms. In Pure World Buddhism these realms are the next steps on the stage to ultimate enlightenment - wherein you reach the stage of a Buddha. There should be lots of souls in these realms which right now there aren't. My current thinking is that maybe Kaguya is trying to repair the Pure World by fixing the Lotus that is said to connect them….but that is conjecture.

Kishi borrows from religion and mythology but he has never been known to be bound by it. He could just be using the imagery and leave out the messages that go along with that imagery or twist it into his own new story. Kishi is keeping his cards close to his chest for now - we should know more if / when we get to see what's in those castles in a couple of the dimensions or when we get to see some of the more unmistakeable dimensions (the realms of Hell, Hungry Souls or Animals that I fugue belong to Hamura).

While I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to Obito, I'm really looking forward to seeing what happened to Madara. If Hagoromo doesn't revive him then there's always the chance that he turns up in one of these afterlife realms … which I would really love to see. Generally this side of the theories is all guesswork though.