Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
@Lili-Chwan
That would infringe on other people's Customs. That would also make Killing Intent pointless. The point of killing Intent is exactly what you asking for.

Also, what you saying is essentially godmodding. You are controlling my Bio's emotions and such of how you want them to react to you.

@Mudo
@Lord of Kaos

We already have an RP that has a stat system with Dawn of Tomorrow RP. Making a whole different system would be unneeded. I don't know why you guys have not merged the two. I thought that was going to happen.

I don't like the stat system, but I would go along with it because the majority wants it.
Dawn of Tomorrow is a One Piece Roleplay, not a Naruto RP, thus they inherently can’t merge, plus it’s ran by someone else on site as the NRP Mods have nothing to do with the DoT RP.

Nothingness

Kin
100💸
Kumi
5,052💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As a whole, I like the concept of the stat system. For the most part, people's builds seem incredibly similar, and I think a stat system could help diversify that; granted, it would have to be in a way where everyone can't just fully max out everything. This is similar to what Serpent suggested earlier. Just having assigned attributes for the different fields and everything, in general, seems excellent for clarity; the clearer the system is, the better, honestly. I could never say no to more variety and more explicit rules.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
I didn’t reply to every post since there are a lot and replied to the ones with major ideas/responses introduced or bought up. I’m glad there are more pro-actively engaging in the conversation on the direction of the RP instead of letting me do so. I’m also prefacing this reply by saying that while a Stat system is going to come into play, the exact details are still up in the air and to decide. I think the general system I posted above is a good skeleton and simple enough to implement without too much confusion, though I’m not opposed to a better set up.

That’s what that part meant; bios would have a set number of AP per rank and could gain more through various RP means to enhance them but additional points gained on a character would be for that character. So while a Jounin would start with (random number) 50 AP, a Jounin who’s completed x requirement such as missions or battles would have 55 AP. However, if Jounin #2 drops his bio and makes another one, he would start again with 50 AP.

That’s similar to my idea with them having stats allocated in a specific way, though this would be a different route. It’s not a bad one, I kinda like the idea of them having a buff to the relevant stat, though I wouldn’t mind just having the abilities be accessible instead of the character. I know the characters are still wanted and preferred over having the ability for some due to the passive perks, the amalgamation of them on one bio that can’t be had, or for other reasons, though.

I was liking the suggestion until the tier part. The idea of splitting the abilities into one of three umbrellas (Physical, Spiritual and Ninjutsu being the three I’d use) is good because, like you said, it helps directly address the divide between ability types. It also gives greater importance to what I labeled the Genjutsu stat since it wouldn’t be just Gen. I think the idea behind the tiers work, having gainable features the higher a stat is increased. Whether that’s Dual Abilities or something else, I’m not sure; I think it makes the most sense to have work like this but I also think that maybe people should be free to choose DA? I don’t know fully about this part even though it’s like my suggestion.

As for the other stuff, Specialties will change, that’s part of what I wanted to address after all of this. I don’t want Specialties to become a bulk of your abilities or fighting style, I want that to be developed by you mostly and fleshed out via your arsenal. Since a large portion of their statistical gains will be absorbed into the stat system, i.e. Apex Speed’s use would be mitigated by putting points into Speed, the set up of them will need to change. Part of what I want to do with Specialties is to allow more of the story related elements to come into play, though I’d also allow for the use of Custom Specialties more often as well. I’d redesign the system so Primary Specialties would be those that are either character based or build based, meaning the first specialty could be a Nindo based one in regards to what’s important to your character or how they act morally with the second possibly being similar to how Serpent suggested with archetypes being more relevant. The third, or Apex Specialty, would likely change to be one based more on how you interact with NPC or other elements on the story. Those would allow you greater influence over your interactions instead of feeling like you’re always at the mercy of the story as it can often feel. Fourth would probably remain Extra with the list currently there possibly remaining. With this setup though, the current Specialties that aren’t directly stat based like the Item related ones would find a new home elsewhere.

To sum that up I think having fields be based on one of those three stats is a good idea and helps lessen the necessity of maxing Ninjutsu. It also adds more variety in terms of damage stat that becomes more dominant, though I’m iffy on having advanced abilities and DA being attached to it. Specialties would also be redesigned naturally to better address lack of story elements as abilities become allowed to do more via customs. Gaining the ability to have an extra specialty shouldn’t be attached to your stats, in my opinion. Could be done other ways, but not with a stat.

Much like you stated, I and others have mentioned the testing system not working at all and how it should be lifted again because of that. It was an attempt at moving away from purchases as that system has done a lot more harm than intended but it didn’t pan out correctly. Moving forward, a better way to handle power acquisition should be via missions and battles, two of the pillars our RP progression stands on, and the number of AP you may have. This system though lengthy and is essentially a reworded version of the current Ability Mission system, but with higher requirements as the current set up only requires you to complete a single AM for skills you wish to acquire. The issue you say this system fixes still exists because now, the actual number of battles and missions required for a skill has increased and in some cases, even quadrupled or more which adds even more to be checked. While the base of it works, it’s essentially what we have and the higher ends of this actually complicate and increase the workload for both members and mods to level up. On top of this, I’d much rather have a stat system that’s more agreed on.

And as a side note, while you may think forgoing the training process for canon skills may be “needed”, I can point to the clear lack of understanding of techniques by members as proof that both poor training as well as lack of it is very noticeable. I can also point to members who have had sensei attempt to engage with them in training to see if they understand the field and get “no questions, moving on” for responses only to get a question on that same tech when the student misuses what was clearly taught right. So I disagree that removing all training is needed or that even making a single thread fully detailing a technique will suffice because you cannot logically incorporate all of this for every technique as threads will begin to get insanely long and cause even more misused techs from lack of reading or reading properly.

Tl;dr I like Goetia’s idea of allowing canon characters to have bonus AP in some fields that would increase that stat, though I also like having canon skills be accessible without the full bio. I expect more to naturally prefer the former. I like Lili’s idea of separating the damage stats into Nin, Spiritual and Taijutsu with advanced fields falling generally under one of those. It would make it easier to determine what field uses what stat as well give them all importance. With this changed, Specialties would change to address more story based elements, such as personality types or archetypes. Custom ones would likely be attached to attribute and fields related to them, i.e. Tai custom specialty when maxing the field out or near max, etc.

Titles and CFS are another conversation to have; Goetia suggested to me that we use Titles differently than Specialties. Specialties, being used to enhance things we already have, have a specific place and function. Titles, as he suggested, would be more akin to the Will of Fire VCJ from years ago where a certain thing had to be fulfilled before benefits were given. While flat or even variable boosts are not what I mean, this concept opens up more room. This also leans in with the Nindo suggestion I made in the mod chat where I stated I wanted to incorporate this into the RP in some form as I think it would be cool for our bios to have Nindos that are all different. I’m not sure exactly how I’d do this though, which is why I didn’t continue it more.

Another idea that comes with expanding the RP is the expansion of CFS and how we use them. I should say that I mean things like Custom ANs instead of CFS, as that is really misleading, but custom ANs would be similar to the canon ones where you manipulate an existing source similar to Sand, Ink, etc. I believe we are at a point where we can try more abilities and fields than we currently have and expanding the possible things we can attempt is part of moving in that direction. I’ll be posting another update soon in regards to some other stuff over the rest of the week. I’m glad we got some discussions out of this thread and from what I skimmed, the discord channel. It’s a shame it took me telling someone I was going to change everything because I knew he would go to specific people to get more active responses besides “I like this” or “I don’t like this” but that’s where we currently are with the RP

This was one of the proposed ideas I had in the past, having two versions of the NRP where one was more stat based and the other was as it is now. Based on the previous ones I’ve had, you can probably guess how that suggestion was met.
I like the idea of a stat system replacing or intergrating the specialties, allowing a user to specialize into certain combat. An example.of why this stat system would beneficial right now would be something like avoiding sharingan genjutsu by focusing on body movement. As it stands everyone who is jounin or above can say in a battle, i avoid the eyes, and then get away with it. Doesnt matter if they specialize in genjutsu or ninjutsu or tracking or speed or whatever. I think giving appropriate benefits to reaching certain threashold instead of having outright specialties would be a good change.

From what Ive seen I dont think that having titles than influence rolls into the nw story will have any effect. The NW story right now seems to be pretty linear and doesnt seem to have any variation outside of questions that players ask. On top of that, Im not sure if there are enough NPCs to actually interact with to make rolls for. For my count I can only think of potentially 5 NPCs including Drackos bio. 2 of them cannot be accessed by everyone. If a roll system for special NW interactions was introduced then I think that there should be either nore NPCs for this to happen or NPCs need to be more involved in the story in a non fighting sense.

Outside of that, Im not sure if many people would care or be bothered by superficial or non influential perks like "that bio seems more dangerous" or "that bios genjutsu is scarier". Especially when you can write your bio history like "X was always emotionless and cold. X is not phased by anything" then ignore a majority of fluff effects. Having tangible rolls added would bring some kind of actual decision making on what to go for.

I agree with removing skills test. I think that having such a gateway to stronger bios and abilities only hurts the rp more than it benefits it.

Ive said it before but my ideal rp would be the DoT ability and customs system with the NRP ninja world.

Edit:
I think at the moment for now, the rewards system is a bit lacking. A majority of people already have the abilities they need or want with Kumi, and with Higher level abilities requiring the tests now, it is almost pointless or no use to do missions for rewards. Sure there are void artifacts, but considering these seem to be a bit more specific and still can be bought in the Ninja World Market place as well. I think that having more/different rewards would be a positive change. Im not sure what they could be whether its custom artifact submission, the ability to take a specific test/character etc. I guess would have to be thought on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kooljay
Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
I forgot to touch on this, and decided to place this here as the Discord thread had died out - despite insight and contributions to the conversation being mostly dried up at this point.

We can sorta already accomplish this with standard CJ, but something I think would be a unique addition - whether as a NW mechanic or a fully fledged RP addition - would be Ougis/Ultimate Techniques.

This would be an easy (concept) alley to explore to increase each persons power in the RP, with techniques that have nonstandard damage, chakra, or effects. My original view has them as non-teachable techniques that are bio bound, dependent on the bio specialties, and could be submitted in a thread specific to them (if they weren’t gained as a NW mechanic and evolved as such). This obviously puts more strain on our staff, and could easily devolve into just a “bigger number” scenario, but seems like it could be a personalized Avenue for both power expansion and growth.

• Love
Reactions: Troi

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I was tagged somewhere in here, cbb to find it. Anyway, I like the RP how it is currently. It is way easier to get into than when I started. Like, way... Anyway, I feel like the only things that need to be done is maybe and a big maybe, at that, is some minor balance adjustments, maybe add a few more customization options, and for every ability that is locked behind a test, make one equally as versatile and fun that is purchasable with kumi. Because realistically, you all fucked up pretty bad locking so much behind tests when kumi inherently took over tests. You guys literally said "here you go, this won't be as harsh as waiting literal months for tests you'll never pass and you can control when you get money and how fast so, makes sense. Enjoy.", to just be like "here are the tests again so you'll have to wait months for it to get graded only to fail, what are the odds, but you can definitely go buy some cool ink ninjutsu in the meantime to hold you over." I don't care. I was fortunate enough to get my tenseigan before then. However from the outside looking in, I can see why a lot of people are pissed. But to ensure things are being used and done properly, I kinda get it, but give people something to play with in the meantime. You all locked like 10+ abilities and bios behind tests and I think maybe only the Shinkaigan was released since then. Not to be rude, but that is a shitty trade-off lol (not the Shinkaigan itself, that ability looks hella cool, but the idea of only one thing getting released and multiple things essentially getting taken away). Logically, on paper, that is garbage. Again, I do not care as I have most of what I want. Just from the outside looking in.

On a personal note, I feel like some people get way better treatment than others. It happened to me back then and I see it happening to others now. And also me now. For example, I made a whip that fired shuriken covered in S rank elements. I was told that was OP and the damage would be equally split between the shuriken, basically making them weak as hell. And the whip itself had no other properties (plus I think it was only able to fire like wind, water and lightning, not even earth or fire...). So the whole CW was literal garbage. Meanwhile, we literally have sentient weapons, that word exactly, that have been allowed in the RP. The damn thing could talk to the user and my whip couldn't fire off more than like 10 damage at a time. And its not because of the "times have changed", its because of either favoritism or things being overlooked. And there is nothing wrong with favoritism. Its a natural thing in life. But there is no need to not be fair. Alright a jutsu is beautifully written out and that's your boy, but that shit is hella broken. Okay bet. Allow it. But allow someone else to be just as nice with it with something you know isn't even that powerful but equally as beautifully written and well thought-out. Stop being so limiting... We allow Otsutsuki in the RP that can destroy planets but won't allow a CJ like that, why? Naruto talks to frogs all day but other people can't have sentient weapons. Hell, Enma literally turns into a weapon. He's a monkey. A fucking monkey. Some things you guys really need to unclench your butt cheeks about and let people use their imagination as intended. I'm not saying let people summon the ghost of the U.S.S.R into the RP and start taking over landmarks with tank summons and nuke SNTs, but damn. Let us be creative. Its literally a word-based RP. It's literally the embodiment of using your imagination. We literally made this from our imagination as was the show we based this off of. No reason to limit our imagination on the scale I have personally seen.

If you guys are going to apply something to one person, it needs to be applied to all. The RP isn't even close to too big for you guys not to be able to keep up with stuff like that. Although needing to be done moderately, I think everyone should get OP stuff to an extent. Not everything, but damn. Give the new guy an S rank weapon that transforms into Godzilla. Give the RPer that has been loyal to the RP for a decade MS in one eye and Shinkaigan in the other. I think things like these need to be looked upon to keep everyone fresh and interested. The more options people have and the more they have to choose from, the more fun it would be. Also, the prices of some of the stuff is very off-putting even to most old members so image how it feels to look at those prices as a newcomer. That stuff needs to get toned down a bit. Yin, Yang or Sage (which isn't even full sage if you purchase it), is 25,000 kumi. You would roughly have to do 17 S rank missions to achieve one of those in which you would fail an S rank or get it lowered 90% of the time. Even myself, which I consider myself one of the better story-tellers here, have gotten ranks lowered even if they were well-written because the mission didn't fit the criteria of the rank which is solely in the hands of the mod that checks it so it is actually quite subjective in reality. So we are leaving that up to someone's opinion, basically. Which isn't a problem. Goetia, in my eyes, is pretty fair with his passes, fails and lowering rates but I'm just saying in general the idea of it all is mad sketchy, yo. Also to a new comer, your first purchase of yin or yang actually costs 30,500, since you need fuuin first. So chalk that up to 21 S ranks which, after doing calculations of pass rates and percentages of which RPers passed what and how many times, how long it took, how much was typed and how frequent S ranks are done, should take around 1 years and 3 and a half months. That's if they don't quit before then, which they will. They all do. Also not considering breaks. Something like that shouldn't take a year... In no game ever does any item, armor or weapon take a year and 3 months to get. That is quite possibly the most dumb thing I've ever heard of. Imagine end-game items taking that long to get lol. Absolutely not...

I feel like you guys' first priority is making the game more fun and visually appealing to newcomers which is essentially would I based this all of of, then everything else second. Namely, taking care of RPers like myself who have been here for a long time and cater to what we want/need. But most of us have what we want and need, so cater to the new guys and get the RP growing. Customs is a whole 'notha deal...

And no, I was not joking in my custom doujutsu submission. The drawbacks could literally kill my bio or usable literally twice a battle and mostly likely would never even land to begin with, besides the spear which kills me as I use it so no. I think they were fine. But alas, I'll probably never post in that thread again, considering other people can summon demons from other dimensions that can't be destroyed by even the likes of Anutu. Which is literally a god-power. Think about it. I submitted a fishing rod that attaches to your head and makes you see purgatory that will probably never land, but something like that other thing I mentioned got approved (idc how or why, it's quite irrelevant). But see? That is the kind of stuff I am talking about. You guys need to take these things into consideration when checking. Half that stuff I created wouldn't even land in a battle.

However, as it is, stats, battling, how jutsu and clashes work, the amount of stuff usable and how fluid combat is, I think is beautiful and beautifully thought out and the new system that actually gauges these things should not be changed or altered in any way. It is great, easy to get used to because of its clarity, and it should stay as such. Jutsu speed was a nice touch, the clarity on speed and tracking, what abilities give you what boosts or tracking perception, etc. All amazing and should not change. That's as clear-cut and defined as it gets. The battle rules and how battling works is fine, again, just some minor adjustments to what is already in place would do but these are so abysmal they are not worth mentioning, so I won't. I think the staff, as a whole, are doing amazing. Drackos is running the NW smoothly now, LoK is updating us like any fit leader would, bios are being checked in a timely manner which is usually a big issue at any given time, idk about missions but I assume Goetia is on his stuff, idk what Daemon does but shout outs Daemon, I also don't know what Rexi does but shout outs Rexi, other than that, job well done. Keep doing what you guys are doing, just improve where you guys are lacking and make the RP more fun to new comers. I have suggestions that I won't state in this thread as I feel like it would be lost into nothingness just like that mention I received so if any mods, or LoK in particular wants to holla, slide in my DMs and we will discuss. I have very good ideas that probably won't get implemented because depending on the mod group, things are always stuck in their ways (which sometimes is good, but often bad, given the history of the mods and the RP) so it probably won't matter. But yeah. Other than that, solid as an erect pp. Rock on. When can I apply for sage?

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I forgot to touch on this, and decided to place this here as the Discord thread had died out - despite insight and contributions to the conversation being mostly dried up at this point.

We can sorta already accomplish this with standard CJ, but something I think would be a unique addition - whether as a NW mechanic or a fully fledged RP addition - would be Ougis/Ultimate Techniques.

This would be an easy (concept) alley to explore to increase each persons power in the RP, with techniques that have nonstandard damage, chakra, or effects. My original view has them as non-teachable techniques that are bio bound, dependent on the bio specialties, and could be submitted in a thread specific to them (if they weren’t gained as a NW mechanic and evolved as such). This obviously puts more strain on our staff, and could easily devolve into just a “bigger number” scenario, but seems like it could be a personalized Avenue for both power expansion and growth.
Love this idea. And make it to where they cannot be changed to fit a scenario it wasn't meant for in the heat of battle but literally something the character would specialize in. Maybe updatable, but not changeable. This would be hella sick.

Kooljay

Veteran
Kin
3,532💸
Kumi
7,534💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was tagged somewhere in here, cbb to find it. Anyway, I like the RP how it is currently. It is way easier to get into than when I started. Like, way... Anyway, I feel like the only things that need to be done is maybe and a big maybe, at that, is some minor balance adjustments, maybe add a few more customization options, and for every ability that is locked behind a test, make one equally as versatile and fun that is purchasable with kumi. Because realistically, you all fucked up pretty bad locking so much behind tests when kumi inherently took over tests. You guys literally said "here you go, this won't be as harsh as waiting literal months for tests you'll never pass and you can control when you get money and how fast so, makes sense. Enjoy.", to just be like "here are the tests again so you'll have to wait months for it to get graded only to fail, what are the odds, but you can definitely go buy some cool ink ninjutsu in the meantime to hold you over." I don't care. I was fortunate enough to get my tenseigan before then. However from the outside looking in, I can see why a lot of people are pissed. But to ensure things are being used and done properly, I kinda get it, but give people something to play with in the meantime. You all locked like 10+ abilities and bios behind tests and I think maybe only the Shinkaigan was released since then. Not to be rude, but that is a shitty trade-off lol (not the Shinkaigan itself, that ability looks hella cool, but the idea of only one thing getting released and multiple things essentially getting taken away). Logically, on paper, that is garbage. Again, I do not care as I have most of what I want. Just from the outside looking in.

On a personal note, I feel like some people get way better treatment than others. It happened to me back then and I see it happening to others now. And also me now. For example, I made a whip that fired shuriken covered in S rank elements. I was told that was OP and the damage would be equally split between the shuriken, basically making them weak as hell. And the whip itself had no other properties (plus I think it was only able to fire like wind, water and lightning, not even earth or fire...). So the whole CW was literal garbage. Meanwhile, we literally have sentient weapons, that word exactly, that have been allowed in the RP. The damn thing could talk to the user and my whip couldn't fire off more than like 10 damage at a time. And its not because of the "times have changed", its because of either favoritism or things being overlooked. And there is nothing wrong with favoritism. Its a natural thing in life. But there is no need to not be fair. Alright a jutsu is beautifully written out and that's your boy, but that shit is hella broken. Okay bet. Allow it. But allow someone else to be just as nice with it with something you know isn't even that powerful but equally as beautifully written and well thought-out. Stop being so limiting... We allow Otsutsuki in the RP that can destroy planets but won't allow a CJ like that, why? Naruto talks to frogs all day but other people can't have sentient weapons. Hell, Enma literally turns into a weapon. He's a monkey. A fucking monkey. Some things you guys really need to unclench your butt cheeks about and let people use their imagination as intended. I'm not saying let people summon the ghost of the U.S.S.R into the RP and start taking over landmarks with tank summons and nuke SNTs, but damn. Let us be creative. Its literally a word-based RP. It's literally the embodiment of using your imagination. We literally made this from our imagination as was the show we based this off of. No reason to limit our imagination on the scale I have personally seen.

If you guys are going to apply something to one person, it needs to be applied to all. The RP isn't even close to too big for you guys not to be able to keep up with stuff like that. Although needing to be done moderately, I think everyone should get OP stuff to an extent. Not everything, but damn. Give the new guy an S rank weapon that transforms into Godzilla. Give the RPer that has been loyal to the RP for a decade MS in one eye and Shinkaigan in the other. I think things like these need to be looked upon to keep everyone fresh and interested. The more options people have and the more they have to choose from, the more fun it would be. Also, the prices of some of the stuff is very off-putting even to most old members so image how it feels to look at those prices as a newcomer. That stuff needs to get toned down a bit. Yin, Yang or Sage (which isn't even full sage if you purchase it), is 25,000 kumi. You would roughly have to do 17 S rank missions to achieve one of those in which you would fail an S rank or get it lowered 90% of the time. Even myself, which I consider myself one of the better story-tellers here, have gotten ranks lowered even if they were well-written because the mission didn't fit the criteria of the rank which is solely in the hands of the mod that checks it so it is actually quite subjective in reality. So we are leaving that up to someone's opinion, basically. Which isn't a problem. Goetia, in my eyes, is pretty fair with his passes, fails and lowering rates but I'm just saying in general the idea of it all is mad sketchy, yo. Also to a new comer, your first purchase of yin or yang actually costs 30,500, since you need fuuin first. So chalk that up to 21 S ranks which, after doing calculations of pass rates and percentages of which RPers passed what and how many times, how long it took, how much was typed and how frequent S ranks are done, should take around 1 years and 3 and a half months. That's if they don't quit before then, which they will. They all do. Also not considering breaks. Something like that shouldn't take a year... In no game ever does any item, armor or weapon take a year and 3 months to get. That is quite possibly the most dumb thing I've ever heard of. Imagine end-game items taking that long to get lol. Absolutely not...

I feel like you guys' first priority is making the game more fun and visually appealing to newcomers which is essentially would I based this all of of, then everything else second. Namely, taking care of RPers like myself who have been here for a long time and cater to what we want/need. But most of us have what we want and need, so cater to the new guys and get the RP growing. Customs is a whole 'notha deal...

And no, I was not joking in my custom doujutsu submission. The drawbacks could literally kill my bio or usable literally twice a battle and mostly likely would never even land to begin with, besides the spear which kills me as I use it so no. I think they were fine. But alas, I'll probably never post in that thread again, considering other people can summon demons from other dimensions that can't be destroyed by even the likes of Anutu. Which is literally a god-power. Think about it. I submitted a fishing rod that attaches to your head and makes you see purgatory that will probably never land, but something like that other thing I mentioned got approved (idc how or why, it's quite irrelevant). But see? That is the kind of stuff I am talking about. You guys need to take these things into consideration when checking. Half that stuff I created wouldn't even land in a battle.

However, as it is, stats, battling, how jutsu and clashes work, the amount of stuff usable and how fluid combat is, I think is beautiful and beautifully thought out and the new system that actually gauges these things should not be changed or altered in any way. It is great, easy to get used to because of its clarity, and it should stay as such. Jutsu speed was a nice touch, the clarity on speed and tracking, what abilities give you what boosts or tracking perception, etc. All amazing and should not change. That's as clear-cut and defined as it gets. The battle rules and how battling works is fine, again, just some minor adjustments to what is already in place would do but these are so abysmal they are not worth mentioning, so I won't. I think the staff, as a whole, are doing amazing. Drackos is running the NW smoothly now, LoK is updating us like any fit leader would, bios are being checked in a timely manner which is usually a big issue at any given time, idk about missions but I assume Goetia is on his stuff, idk what Daemon does but shout outs Daemon, I also don't know what Rexi does but shout outs Rexi, other than that, job well done. Keep doing what you guys are doing, just improve where you guys are lacking and make the RP more fun to new comers. I have suggestions that I won't state in this thread as I feel like it would be lost into nothingness just like that mention I received so if any mods, or LoK in particular wants to holla, slide in my DMs and we will discuss. I have very good ideas that probably won't get implemented because depending on the mod group, things are always stuck in their ways (which sometimes is good, but often bad, given the history of the mods and the RP) so it probably won't matter. But yeah. Other than that, solid as an erect pp. Rock on. When can I apply for sage?
You said some of our silent thoughts out loud. Great post.:score:

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You said some of our silent thoughts out loud. Great post.:score:
Thank you. Even though realistically I get punished for speaking up 90% of the time, speaking up is my specialty when need be. But this time I was less violent in my approach, so hopefully it is more well received than punishable. Because don't get me wrong, I love the direction the RP is going and I think the mods are doing an excellent job, but something somewhere always needs improvement. And that is with life in general. So the RP is no different. There is literally nothing stopping it from getting better so hopefully our voices are heard and things are improved.

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

You're getting Yang so Sentient weapons are coming for you.

• Love

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thank you. Even though realistically I get punished for speaking up 90% of the time, speaking up is my specialty when need be. But this time I was less violent in my approach, so hopefully it is more well received than punishable. Because don't get me wrong, I love the direction the RP is going and I think the mods are doing an excellent job, but something somewhere always needs improvement. And that is with life in general. So the RP is no different. There is literally nothing stopping it from getting better so hopefully our voices are heard and things are improved.
Remember when I said the mods are doing an excellent job? Well… I don’t know who checks customs but uh… Yeah. Didn’t take long for me to retract that statement lol. Going on like twenty days now since customs closed and nothing has been checked. That’s how people lose interest and quit lol. I’ve taken year long breaks because of things like this. One time I forgot this site even existed because I took a break because of that. If you all are satisfied with this, by all means relax, enjoy how things are going and keep running it how you’re running it but to be honest there’s almost no point in even having cycles. Because there is no cycle. Not only that but there are only like ten people that submitted customs in the CJ thread. And they’re about the only ten RPers left. All of them are in this very thread. Like… What? How is it taking so long? Lol You all want the RP to grow and get new things but can’t manage what you have now and that’s not how you make it grow. Sorry. Either get more mods or new mods. It doesn’t take long to check customs. It really doesn’t. You can literally check a submission a day, one mod, and have it done in ten days (ten submissions) and that’s just me considering only one mod doing it. How long would it take to check 3-4 techniques? 10 minutes? 20 if you really have to put the pieces together on them? That’s me really stretching it there. Like reaaaallllyyy stretching it. It’s the same concept with tests that I had mentioned. I know I’ll probably get blasted and my ideology deflected and an infraction and made fun of, all from mods, of course. But this RP is dying, honestly lol. You guys aren’t really doing much to save it. Only one I feel like is doing anything is Drackos and him at least trying to change and alter the NW for more activity and more fun. The man is literally giving us DLC packs. People like to change bios and switch up the dialogue and how they play in the NW. Bios haven’t been checked so they can’t do that. They also like to test new abilities and the likes, can’t do that without an approved bio either. People are trying to build their arsenal, takes forever so they can do that but lose motivation so either they stop submitting, quit or just take breaks, further hindering the activity of the RP. I think only two custom fighting styles have been submitted this cycle. Two. Mine and Solf’s. Neither have been checked yet. And Solf’s is not only an update but simple to begin with. Why is his even taking so long? I haven’t even checked the CEs or CSCs and I don’t want to nor will I because I’m sure it will further disappoint me. I’ve tried to offer help around here as I’m sure many others have as well and we are just not seeing the fruits of our labor. We aren’t. All this power scaling and wanting to change the RP to make things more available means nothing when the staff can’t manage what they have now in an already fairly inactive RP. I have no personal quarrel with any of the mods (even tho I know some of them lowkey have a problem with me. Probably because I actually speak up) but I mean if they’re not doing what they’re supposed to then hey. I mean it is what it is. DOT looks boring as shit but at least everything is kept up with. Won’t have to wait eons for stuff to get checked. I don’t even like One Piece. I’ve watched probably four episodes before I turned that goofy shit off but I’m considering just joining and playing that because it’s simply a lot more kept up with. That RP doesn’t even have the foundation the NRP was blessed to have and it’s being ruined but again. Over half the things I have to say will go in one ear and out the other because I’m just lolcow Moxxi, somehow. But whatever works for the staff. As long as you all are having fun, that’s all that matters apparently lol. H8 2 c it.

Reactions: Kooljay and Alyx

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Remember when I said the mods are doing an excellent job? Well… I don’t know who checks customs but uh… Yeah. Didn’t take long for me to retract that statement lol. Going on like twenty days now since customs closed and nothing has been checked. That’s how people lose interest and quit lol. I’ve taken year long breaks because of things like this. One time I forgot this site even existed because I took a break because of that. If you all are satisfied with this, by all means relax, enjoy how things are going and keep running it how you’re running it but to be honest there’s almost no point in even having cycles. Because there is no cycle. Not only that but there are only like ten people that submitted customs in the CJ thread. And they’re about the only ten RPers left. All of them are in this very thread. Like… What? How is it taking so long? Lol You all want the RP to grow and get new things but can’t manage what you have now and that’s not how you make it grow. Sorry. Either get more mods or new mods. It doesn’t take long to check customs. It really doesn’t. You can literally check a submission a day, one mod, and have it done in ten days (ten submissions) and that’s just me considering only one mod doing it. How long would it take to check 3-4 techniques? 10 minutes? 20 if you really have to put the pieces together on them? That’s me really stretching it there. Like reaaaallllyyy stretching it. It’s the same concept with tests that I had mentioned. I know I’ll probably get blasted and my ideology deflected and an infraction and made fun of, all from mods, of course. But this RP is dying, honestly lol. You guys aren’t really doing much to save it. Only one I feel like is doing anything is Drackos and him at least trying to change and alter the NW for more activity and more fun. The man is literally giving us DLC packs. People like to change bios and switch up the dialogue and how they play in the NW. Bios haven’t been checked so they can’t do that. They also like to test new abilities and the likes, can’t do that without an approved bio either. People are trying to build their arsenal, takes forever so they can do that but lose motivation so either they stop submitting, quit or just take breaks, further hindering the activity of the RP. I think only two custom fighting styles have been submitted this cycle. Two. Mine and Solf’s. Neither have been checked yet. And Solf’s is not only an update but simple to begin with. Why is his even taking so long? I haven’t even checked the CEs or CSCs and I don’t want to nor will I because I’m sure it will further disappoint me. I’ve tried to offer help around here as I’m sure many others have as well and we are just not seeing the fruits of our labor. We aren’t. All this power scaling and wanting to change the RP to make things more available means nothing when the staff can’t manage what they have now in an already fairly inactive RP. I have no personal quarrel with any of the mods (even tho I know some of them lowkey have a problem with me. Probably because I actually speak up) but I mean if they’re not doing what they’re supposed to then hey. I mean it is what it is. DOT looks boring as shit but at least everything is kept up with. Won’t have to wait eons for stuff to get checked. I don’t even like One Piece. I’ve watched probably four episodes before I turned that goofy shit off but I’m considering just joining and playing that because it’s simply a lot more kept up with. That RP doesn’t even have the foundation the NRP was blessed to have and it’s being ruined but again. Over half the things I have to say will go in one ear and out the other because I’m just lolcow Moxxi, somehow. But whatever works for the staff. As long as you all are having fun, that’s all that matters apparently lol. H8 2 c it.
The problem is, like they say, depending on who is submitting what custom, they need to go through that persons history and see who had made what and how theyre going to use it. Example being if i go ahead and make a genjutsu or steel custom, theyre not really going to worry about that, because i dont really associate or had other steel or genjutsu customs that can stack or combo with it. But if AJ makes a steel custom or Lili makes a gen custom, then they gotta go back and see who else is going to use it or if it ties back to someone else they've traded customs to or if its just another copy.
Which again, i think leads to a better idea of just retract all customs sharing, make people use their own techniques instead of using other peoples, because whats the point of having 100-200 customs if youre always going to be using the same 20-30 techniques.
But I agree that even though mods also have real life stuff going on, and sometimes it can take a while to get stuff done, the fact that they have 5 mods and barely anything seems to get done is a bit of a joke. Like literally, going through that thread I made about just seeing peoples movements, I think I counted that there are 20 people total in the rp, and not all of them would be submitting customs.

To further vent my frustrations, I went to a landmark to help further a plot or ability, been waiting there 2 weeks, and nothing has happened. Yet AJ (and this it not taking a shot at AJ, just venting my frustrations) has gone to a landmark and then actually got his reply within 3 days. I am glad that Drackos is looking into getting more help for the NW but sometimes it can be a little too late.

Additionally to talk about ability testing, seems to be a bit of a joke as well. Looking at it from a new account point of view, if you wanted to pass the test, you would have to be restricted to t3 and below abilities (outside of yin and yang). So effectively you have to either demonstrate that you can pass with t3 abilities, or grind up, save up, then make customs to make your bio a t4 at least to then prove you are t4 worthy? Ive said it before but Ill say it again, there is no clear objective of the skills test;
"The Skills Test, formerly known as the Sensei Test, is a general testing method to gauge a roleplayer's knowledge and skills within the game. It is comprised of two components; the Test of Might and the Test of Wisdom. The Test of Might is the first portion of the Skills Test, and is conducted as a short battle between the testee and a proctor, wherein the testee's practical skills are tested. This is a no-holds-barred fight, meaning that the use of customs is permitted for both the testee and the proctor. "
Like reading through that, I never got my Test of Wisdom, but ignoring that, its a "method to gauge a roleplayer's knowledge and skills within the game". I got marked down in my test because I didnt take control in the fight or simply put "unremarkable".

I agree though, I think if you cant dedicate a certain amount of time per week to the RP then you should be let go, or at least even just admit that you cant do it and make it better for everyone to let yourself be replaced. Imagine someone wanting to apply for sensei that says "i can only dedicate 1 hour a week to doing sensei work". If its a volunteer run position then theres no harm in finding more volunteers to step up and do the work. Its better off to give someone else a chance that could potentially do better and more work than keeping someone who isnt working at all.

Reactions: Kooljay and Troi

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I mean this in the kindest way possible but please use paragraphs lmao. It'll make reading all that soooo much easier.