Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
As you guys know, most of the RP is at or approaching endgame levels with few goals in terms of power acquisition left. However, the Ninja World narrative is still very much ongoing with its next saga planned out as Saga II continues. Most characters are roughly around the power level of Naruto and Sasuke prior to the start of the war. That is, prior to EMS Sasuke as well as prior to Kyubi Chakra Mode Naruto. While not all of the RP is actually as strong as those two characters, most bios tend to fall under that Tier 4 area with Tier 5 abilities being very common.

This, coupled with stronger NPCs, tougher missions and new abilities, leads to a point where naturally, the ceiling must continue the progression of the RP. That said, I'm planning on raising the scaling of the RP in the upcoming months. This means that bios will eventually have more bio ranks, more jutsu ranks, more base custom slots, bio Stat increases, potential changes to the power loadouts and more with the goal of allowing bios to become stronger, faster and allow a greater depth of customization in terms of what can be combined on a bio.

Examples of things being thought about include:

-More base customs slots per additional New rank
-Higher scaling bio stats like health, speed, etc
-Higher jutsu ranks with damage scaling higher than 120 base for all abilities.
-New bio types outside of Merchant, Ninja, Samurai/Ronin, and Cyborg.
-Adding/adjusting new Ability Categories

There are more ideas on the table but as this is something literally months away, I want to start discussing it with people so I can get potential feedback back early. That said, without mentioning custom/missions/fight check Times or NW, what are some of the things you think of when you envision the RP expanding in terms of power scaling?

Venom

Legendary
Kin
2,911💸
Kumi
3,679💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Before adding new abilities or rather expanding out can the original outdated ones get an uplift? So that people (like me for example) can have a wider array of abilities to choose from that isn't ST required. Ik Lok updating some like Nara and aburame, but I'm also talking about ones like Scorch, crystal etc. The mastery system really did wonders for Inuzuka so maybe more of masteries and/or overhaul of the original naruto abilities.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
One idea I like to see more expanded on outside of just what’s currently listed on the Tier List is like special missions for certain abilities if possible. I’m not sure if tournaments are going to be less appearing but like missions for characters to gain moves like Flying Thunder God Technique etc as special missions would be nice to see. It would give some us rpers a bit more additional skills to have onto our characters without making it too strong; like another KG or something would be too much. Tldr, special missions that aren’t just characters, KG etc based for other thing too.

• Love
Reactions: Yin and Venom

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
If team fighting or group based fights in the future are going to become more common, I wouldn't mind seeing some more group based specialties, similar to the GST ones. Things like:
-Allies around you take 10 less damage, or
-All allies within mid range heal 5 health per turn.
or something, whatever, can be tweaked.

Just something to encourage more co-operation or group participation I guess, or maybe specifically going more into a class based system like tank, ranged caster, healer, support, melee fighter etc

• Love
Reactions: Yin

Yin

Veteran
Kin
1,993💸
Kumi
1,113💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like this new patch. And I love the idea of more being added. Even if there was no actual power scaling to be added, there should definitely be new abilities and expansions upon said abilities you could buy, earn or do a mission for so I love the idea as well as there being more base types for biographies outside of what was mentioned such as ronin, cyborg, etc. I think some of the things that are locked behind tests should be opposite and some things not locked behind tests should be opposite, switch some things around, add some things, keep it fresh.

This is being handled more like a video game and I am here for it. People quit video games all the time but they will come back when the game receives more patching, items, weapons, characters, etc. I think that is the path being taken here and I think that is lovely. This, however, is even more customizable than a video game. There is so much that can be done and I think this is just the tip of a very good beginning.

Go check my Battle Test.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shīnju

Kooljay

Veteran
Kin
3,532💸
Kumi
7,534💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I second Mirai’s proposal or at least making them open purchase. FTG could be an advanced ninjutsu that requires fusion jutsu mastery. Advanced ninjutsu as a whole could use a boost. Most people don’t really use advanced ninjutsu. It’s the weakest field.

Also I’m all for recognizing peoples intellectual properties, but a lot of things like basic summoning animals were created and never developed. CC leaders are inactive and thus ccj can’t be created. A public domain system should be created for somethings. You guys kind of did it with some of the advanced element.

An expansion of the abilities a bio can have could include AE’s or KGs like Mei has. And I think the 5 CJ limit on stuff like medical, dust, or swift could be uplifted.

Tl;dr
Make character exclusive jutsu/abilities/variants available through kumi purchase or reward. Add to Advanced Ninjutsu field. Create a public domain system for old abandoned CCs, custom summon contracts, etc. Expand ability combinations. And remove cj restrictions on abilities like medical ninjutsu, swift, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Yin

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
IDK, the scaling right now is crazy. I have to defend myself against boost and passives then on top of that the Jutsu itself. I just like regular fighting. Aside from that, I always thought the stuff comes with limitations like extra power means lower speed, vice versa, etc etc. I haven't even made it to Sage Rank. Adding new ranks is not going to do anything for me. Besides, new ranks would probably come with more restrictions. TBH I don't feel like doing x and x to get y.

• Love
Reactions: Python

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,928💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think it's something to be looked at, as it could potentially evolve the RP if we go the direction of expanding the power scales.

But then it becomes a problem of what can be considered expanding and what is considered breaking? So far, the meta is about chakra tier and damage, but there's also the problem of undefeatable techniques. A technique that is both high chakra tier, high damage dealing, neutral to all elements and omnidirectional leaves no room to wiggle around. If we want to avoid a tennis match, we need to be able to counteract technique with more ways than just match through match.

In a sense, the concept of unblockable ( Currently S/T like Teleportation and Other Dimensional realities ( Limbo ) and Gravity, Elemental Neutrality ) should be either looked at or be given more variety. I think a technique in of itself should not be a problem, but how a person uses it. So we can either make the mastery/path system allow for unblockable paths to form, like an Aburame evolving a S/T bug, or a Gravity countering bug, that can play up with some specific high tiered abilities while being countered by others, or we can simply remove these concepts altogether and always have something that can counter it.

I think more variety is the way to go, personally, have more high tiered abilities, and have them retain a certain balanced out counter system. Keep the core of all the abilities be the 5 Basic Elemental Natures Cycle, in which every element counters one, is countered by one and is neutral to others. Something like S/T counters Gravity, Gravity counters something that in turn counters S/T. The most recent example of this is YY being countered by Anutu, which is countered by Atavistic Flames, which in turn would be countered by something else. Keep every ability in a loop.

Movement Speed and Technique speed needs to also be looked at. Recently fightning Lok and with a mere +4 speed he was able to dodge every Fire technique at S rank. I don't think it's fair to have inherent free dodge movement against the top tier rank of the RP at such a level. With the expansion of stats, this will get even trickier. I'm not saying we need to keep S at top tier, I'm saying that no bio should have the ability to free dodge top tiers, or at least have the Free Dodge be counted towards the alloted move slot.

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
-More base customs slots per additional New rank: This seems good for people who have already used most their custom slots. Though I think the option of donating customs to the canon list is a better option this is a good alternative

-Higher scaling bio stats like health, speed, etc:
I think it would be a good idea to introduce a more customized stat system. Not just specialties but have each rank with a baseline, and then have points you can allocate to the different stats with higher ranks giving more points to spend allowing for more versatile builds.

-Higher jutsu ranks with damage scaling higher than 120 base for all abilities:
I'm not sure what you mean by this, like having a Jutsu rank above Forbidden rank? Isn't custom Kinjutsu technically that as it allows for higher levels of damage on par with Divine and Yin-Yang. I think it could be a good idea to allow people to buy slots for higher damage techniques in their specialty field. So for example, you buy two slots for 6k for "Specialized Ninjutsu". Then you can submit two CJ that can deal up to 120 damage but requires the technique to have a note, saying "User must have [Insert Specialty Here] to use"

-New bio types outside of Merchant, Ninja, Samurai/Ronin, and Cyborg:
I think it could be interesting to make a class system. Canon bio's can be assigned to classes that best fit the respective bios, and custom bio's can pick what class they want. This can coincide with the stat system and each class can give a different baseline of stats to start with, while the ranks allocates points to increase these baseline stats for more customization.

-Adding/adjusting new Ability Categories:
Always look forward to new abilities, I know masteries are a thing but I'd like to suggest perhaps expanding some canon fields we already have. Abilities like black lightning and Typhoon only have like 2 canon techniques, when it would be easy to make like 4-5 standard techniques for offensive and defensive use for them.

• Love
Reactions: Yin and Urda

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Y'all should use the vsbattle numbered tiers (5C, 5B, 5C, etc) and give people limited customs slots with high ass destructive power as rewards. Let somebody blow up a planet, star, or galaxy. Get into that Marvel and DC level power scales.

• Love
Reactions: Troi and Yin

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Before adding new abilities or rather expanding out can the original outdated ones get an uplift? So that people (like me for example) can have a wider array of abilities to choose from that isn't ST required. Ik Lok updating some like Nara and aburame, but I'm also talking about ones like Scorch, crystal etc. The mastery system really did wonders for Inuzuka so maybe more of masteries and/or overhaul of the original naruto abilities.
I want to point out to you and others since this seems to be a frequent sentiment that this isn’t a New Ability or Old Ability thing. Just as we are always updating abilities that exist, we are also always adding new abilities as well. My point about expanding out directly applies to those abilities as they cannot expand otherwise. Most if not all of the existing abilities will be updated as well at some point; instead of trying to do a mass update at one time, I’m doing updates in waves/batches like I did back in 2016 when they were first dropped. I chose to start with HA because most of them have been outdated the longest or need clarification on stuff more than the AE, which are just elemental jutsu, or aren’t as detailed or complex as the KGs, which are all grouped together similarly. Wood is also being updated now due to it’s close relations to the Bijuu, which are being updated as well. As Drackos said, more Masteries are always being planned; the current list will not be the final product as the goal is to work on almost all of the Tier 3 Base Abilities ( HA/AE/KG ).

One idea I like to see more expanded on outside of just what’s currently listed on the Tier List is like special missions for certain abilities if possible. I’m not sure if tournaments are going to be less appearing but like missions for characters to gain moves like Flying Thunder God Technique etc as special missions would be nice to see. It would give some us rpers a bit more additional skills to have onto our characters without making it too strong; like another KG or something would be too much. Tldr, special missions that aren’t just characters, KG etc based for other thing too.
This is currently already possible; you can request permission to take a Special Mission asking for FTG on your NW bio as the prize, for example. It’s how Lili was recently on a secret Special Mission to have Dual Abilities with the Cosmic Shinkaigan as well as gaining her MS back, a combination normally not allowed. It’s how Drackos obtained a custom Doujutsu; I plan on applying for one in the future, hoping to gain Atavistic Flames on my Madara bio. Of course, in each instance of these missions, one had to make a trade off of some sort such as me losing Wood SM as well as more potentially. All of these missions are treated as Forbidden level Missions and on par in complexity as Sage Missions. This could scale down a bit for lower level things but generally, Special Missions are on par with Sage Missions.

Tl;Dr It’s already possible to undergo Special Missions to gain unique abilities usually reserved for special bios or more. However, the more unique, the more you have to sacrifice as well as the more difficult the mission becomes to gain it if possible at all.

If team fighting or group based fights in the future are going to become more common, I wouldn't mind seeing some more group based specialties, similar to the GST ones. Things like:
-Allies around you take 10 less damage, or
-All allies within mid range heal 5 health per turn.
or something, whatever, can be tweaked.

Just something to encourage more co-operation or group participation I guess, or maybe specifically going more into a class based system like tank, ranged caster, healer, support, melee fighter etc
Not sure what you mean by group fights becoming more common; the overall RP isn’t going to be putting a focus on tag battle mechanics. Solo battles will have just as much emphasis as tag battles in terms of what’s focused on, rule wise. Maybe in the NW, these things will become more common due to dungeon like battles being a possibility but that’s a conversation for Drackos in a possible thread like this for the NW if he ever wants to do that, though unlikely. The idea of new team oriented Extra Specialties or even editing in perks for existing Extra/Apex Specialties to allow third options for them doesn’t sound bad either, though. It’s definitely something to look into, allowing more support type specialties for others instead of for yourself.

Tl;dr The overall RP won’t be making a large focus on solo or group battles individually, instead making rules that would encompass both; however, tag or group based specialties could be a possible thing I look into.

I like this new patch. And I love the idea of more being added. Even if there was no actual power scaling to be added, there should definitely be new abilities and expansions upon said abilities you could buy, earn or do a mission for so I love the idea as well as there being more base types for biographies outside of what was mentioned such as ronin, cyborg, etc. I think some of the things that are locked behind tests should be opposite and some things not locked behind tests should be opposite, switch some things around, add some things, keep it fresh.

This is being handled more like a video game and I am here for it. People quit video games all the time but they will come back when the game receives more patching, items, weapons, characters, etc. I think that is the path being taken here and I think that is lovely. This, however, is even more customizable than a video game. There is so much that can be done and I think this is just the tip of a very good beginning.

Go check my Battle Test.
In 2016 when I first became RP Admin, we wanted to shake the game up and allow more customization than we had. Bio Skins were allowed, people were able to have bisque bio set ups and bio specialties gained tangible benefits. It’s been 6 years since then and though we’ve added new abilities and made slight tweaks to it, it’s overall been the same skeleton. While I don’t want to change this skeleton as it’s essentially the backbone of bios, I do want to add some more bones to that skeleton and strengthen it’s posture, so to speak. Allow us to continue to have something to climb to. It very much is a RPG, so why not treat it more like one? We have the open sandbox and tons of abilities to customize from, why not go a little further with them?

I second Mirai’s proposal or at least making them open purchase. FTG could be an advanced ninjutsu that requires fusion jutsu mastery. Advanced ninjutsu as a whole could use a boost. Most people don’t really use advanced ninjutsu. It’s the weakest field.

Also I’m all for recognizing peoples intellectual properties, but a lot of things like basic summoning animals were created and never developed. CC leaders are inactive and thus ccj can’t be created. A public domain system should be created for somethings. You guys kind of did it with some of the advanced element.

An expansion of the abilities a bio can have could include AE’s or KGs like Mei has. And I think the 5 CJ limit on stuff like medical, dust, or swift could be uplifted.

Tl;dr
Make character exclusive jutsu/abilities/variants available through kumi purchase or reward. Add to Advanced Ninjutsu field. Create a public domain system for old abandoned CCs, custom summon contracts, etc. Expand ability combinations. And remove cj restrictions on abilities like medical ninjutsu, swift, etc.
This isn’t directly what you asked but it’s important to note the differences amongst the ability categories because these differences help limit what’s possible and what’s not. AN being weak compared to KG is a logical outcome due to how these both are made and operate. KGs are the most powerful of the Base Abilities ( KG/AE/HA ) as they encompass the Doujutsu, and other abilities that directly manipulate and enhance their bodies. Hidden Abilities are just Ninjutsu that is secret and not taught to outsiders; for most of them, you just need to know the knowledge of how to do it and don’t need any DNA or body requirements. These can range a lot and because of the simplicity, understandably, they’re last amongst the three types in terms of power with Advanced Elements being in the middle with some being powerful and others not. Advanced NInjutsu simply manipulates an existing source; the AN is only as powerful as the source and because of that, it inherently limits ANs because most substances that can be manipulated and not created are not very powerful on their own. It’s because of the distinction like this that FTG cannot logically function as an AN; with the set up we have, it would more logically fit under HA and, like I mentioned above this response, these types of things are already possible via Special Missions. The possibility of gaining FTG or other abilities currently exists.

Tl;dr some ability fields are inherently limited by logical limitations and explains why certain base abilities have more restrictions than others. The possibility of gaining new abilities exists through Special Missions, with more detail about that in my response to Mirai.

IDK, the scaling right now is crazy. I have to defend myself against boost and passives then on top of that the Jutsu itself. I just like regular fighting. Aside from that, I always thought the stuff comes with limitations like extra power means lower speed, vice versa, etc etc. I haven't even made it to Sage Rank. Adding new ranks is not going to do anything for me. Besides, new ranks would probably come with more restrictions. TBH I don't feel like doing x and x to get y.
Well, the way this would be planned, everything would scale up. Your jutsu would have higher damage on base and while restrictions would still exist, they would still look like those placed on current S or Forbidden ranked techniques. So while there may be a rank such as (random name) S+ That has 120 base damage before boosts, it would still have similar restriction caps that current S ranks have. The reason I suggest more ranks vs simply allowing S and F ranks to do more damage is because current Forbidden rank canons and years of customs use these base numbers and instead of editing several hundred techniques, I’d much rather have a sense of progression present that feels like you’re getting stronger and not just submitting S ranks with 80 one day then 120 the next. Though I understand the thought that new ranks won’t help much. That’s why it wouldn’t be the only thing present.

I think it's something to be looked at, as it could potentially evolve the RP if we go the direction of expanding the power scales.

But then it becomes a problem of what can be considered expanding and what is considered breaking? So far, the meta is about chakra tier and damage, but there's also the problem of undefeatable techniques. A technique that is both high chakra tier, high damage dealing, neutral to all elements and omnidirectional leaves no room to wiggle around. If we want to avoid a tennis match, we need to be able to counteract technique with more ways than just match through match.

In a sense, the concept of unblockable ( Currently S/T like Teleportation and Other Dimensional realities ( Limbo ) and Gravity, Elemental Neutrality ) should be either looked at or be given more variety. I think a technique in of itself should not be a problem, but how a person uses it. So we can either make the mastery/path system allow for unblockable paths to form, like an Aburame evolving a S/T bug, or a Gravity countering bug, that can play up with some specific high tiered abilities while being countered by others, or we can simply remove these concepts altogether and always have something that can counter it.

I think more variety is the way to go, personally, have more high tiered abilities, and have them retain a certain balanced out counter system. Keep the core of all the abilities be the 5 Basic Elemental Natures Cycle, in which every element counters one, is countered by one and is neutral to others. Something like S/T counters Gravity, Gravity counters something that in turn counters S/T. The most recent example of this is YY being countered by Anutu, which is countered by Atavistic Flames, which in turn would be countered by something else. Keep every ability in a loop.

Movement Speed and Technique speed needs to also be looked at. Recently fightning Lok and with a mere +4 speed he was able to dodge every Fire technique at S rank. I don't think it's fair to have inherent free dodge movement against the top tier rank of the RP at such a level. With the expansion of stats, this will get even trickier. I'm not saying we need to keep S at top tier, I'm saying that no bio should have the ability to free dodge top tiers, or at least have the Free Dodge be counted towards the alloted move slot.
I disagree with parts of this while agreeing with some; there is an easy line to see when discussing expansion vs breaking. When we talk about expansion, we mention raising how much damage a technique can put out or block, how fast it or it’s user can move or track, as well as some of the other base bio metrics and jutsu stats. Those aren’t game breaking or do too much to the RP in terms of breaking things. Suddenly giving Nara Shadows the ability to pierce through S/T portals or allowing bugs to see into different dimensions, however, are doing too much and start to create a very thin line that gets treaded easily. The line of what’s too much and what’s acceptable. When you have bugs that can eat holes into space or dogs that can manipulate gravity, what concepts can you really say are declined when even the most basic ones have been perverted and allowed to be wild? It’s a slippery slope that I’m not going down, lol.

While I agree that techniques should not be very problematic, I definitely do not agree with the notion that everything needs to be beaten directly nor that every ability needs to be Tier 5 or have access to abilities or traits unique to very specific people or abilities. Aburame will not be having gravity related abilities nor would anything else that does not already have those functions — that’s going beyond what I meant by expanding the power ceiling and instead goes into expanding ability limits and while the two can be conflated at times, this is not one of them. As for your Gravity and S/T countering example, that won’t happen as their direct counters are already in the game and you mentioned them already: Anutu. It is a field that any custom bio can go for. Whether you wish to part with some abilities to have it is a choice on the user but the ability to counter those respective fields already exist and adding that to other abilities will not happen.

I also don’t think jutsu speed needs to be looked at; the system was put to use in our fight, that’s true. But it wasn’t it’s shortcomings that were shown, it was your side’s lack of creativity in using it. My bio was superior in speed to the Fire techniques Ian was utilizing, techniques that moved in linear paths towards me. If flying animals traveling in straight paths or extending limbs moving in one direction do little to prevent my movement, why would you continue to use things from behind me that move in one direction? Why not use Earth in between us or shoot widespread lightning from you guys to stop my movement? The issues with that was you only tried to attack directly with one element when sometimes, your specialty will not always be what’s best in every fight and that’s what was learned there.

-More base customs slots per additional New rank: This seems good for people who have already used most their custom slots. Though I think the option of donating customs to the canon list is a better option this is a good alternative

-Higher scaling bio stats like health, speed, etc: I think it would be a good idea to introduce a more customized stat system. Not just specialties but have each rank with a baseline, and then have points you can allocate to the different stats with higher ranks giving more points to spend allowing for more versatile builds.

-Higher jutsu ranks with damage scaling higher than 120 base for all abilities: I'm not sure what you mean by this, like having a Jutsu rank above Forbidden rank? Isn't custom Kinjutsu technically that as it allows for higher levels of damage on par with Divine and Yin-Yang. I think it could be a good idea to allow people to buy slots for higher damage techniques in their specialty field. So for example, you buy two slots for 6k for "Specialized Ninjutsu". Then you can submit two CJ that can deal up to 120 damage but requires the technique to have a note, saying "User must have [Insert Specialty Here] to use"

-New bio types outside of Merchant, Ninja, Samurai/Ronin, and Cyborg: I think it could be interesting to make a class system. Canon bio's can be assigned to classes that best fit the respective bios, and custom bio's can pick what class they want. This can coincide with the stat system and each class can give a different baseline of stats to start with, while the ranks allocates points to increase these baseline stats for more customization.

-Adding/adjusting new Ability Categories: Always look forward to new abilities, I know masteries are a thing but I'd like to suggest perhaps expanding some canon fields we already have. Abilities like black lightning and Typhoon only have like 2 canon techniques, when it would be easy to make like 4-5 standard techniques for offensive and defensive use for them.
I personally would prefer if we didn’t have shared customs and only had our own customs to use, not counting “canon” CCJ. It’d help to make bios feel more unique, any potential issues with a custom gets handled easier because you don’t have to think about the domino effect of who learned it, did they pay, etc and it is just a better way of handling things with limitless customs, but that’s an entirely different topic. I think with more abilities being added and some people having been here 8+ years, it’s easy to see how custom slots are used and need more of them. I don’t think even if the thread was up to date that donating customs is more preferred than having more slots. Mostly because, to be blunt, most members customs are terribly made and would have little purpose added to the canon lists besides being copies of some existing techs but with more restrictions. I’d much rather people have bigger, unique arsenals than to have more of the same shared techniques.

I’ve said for literally years, like at least 5 years now, that the NRP needs a proper stat system. One that allowed you to put points into a stat that would directly influence it’s power vs getting flat boosts across the board with a bio rank up. It was partially how Prestige came about, originally being a test for the system, then evolving into a system for Sages who have “finished” the game and want to do more. The problem that exists with a true stat system introduced this late is most of us would be jumping in with near complete builds. The actual fun of growth doesn’t exist once you’ve hit Jounin beyond “I wonder if I’ll like this new ability they drop. Oh It’s okay but I’ll keep my completed bio now. Maybe do some missions and buy custom slots or apply for Sage”. I’ve also contemplated with an idea for new ranks, but nothing serious. I thought about having maybe 4 more ranks and having them be locked behind an initial mission or maybe be freely accessible after Jounin Rank ( Sage would become a Title one could apply for at Jounin rank and would add benefits to whatever your base rank is ). Each rank would give you x amount of attribute points that you put into y fields. You put 2 points in Ninjutsu, you gain access to S+ rank and base 100 damage techs. You have 3 points, you get S++ and 120 base, etc. You put points in Speed, you get bonus speed to your base speed. Same for tracking, etc. I’d allow Jutsu Speed to also increase as an option. THere would be more stats than what I named (I actually fleshed a lot of the previous Stat system I had in mind out as I originally planned to reset the RP in 2019 but decided not to) but that was one of the possible ideas I would do with new ranks that allowed completely different Post Jounin set ups.

Custom Kin in the RP isn’t for having higher base damage; Custom Kin is for making techniques that violate the laws of nature. We don’t attribute high damage to custom Kin only because if that were teh case, most techniques we use would all be Kinjutsu and not just have Forbidden Jutsu rank. When I say higher jutsu ranks, I mean just that: Jutsu that have ranks higher than Forbidden. There scaling would go beyond what we allow current F ranks to do ( their restrictions could potentially be on par or harsher, depending on everything else discussed pans out ). So, as an example, damage would look like this ( ignore the stat system I mentioned in the paragraph right above this, unrelated idea here )

D = 10
C = 30
B = 40
A = 60
S = 80
Forbidden = 90
S+ = 100
S++ = 120
S+++ = 140

These would be the base damage for techniques above that.

Bio Types are, put simply, the types of bios there are. Ninja, Samurai/Ronin, Merchant and Gelel are the four types with Cyborg being a kind of hybrid Ninja type. Each of these types have different sets of fields they can access with Ninja obviously having the most and Merchant, not using Chakra, have the least. While I’m likely to add more future abilities that can be used by non Ninja types only, I’ve contemplated with the idea of introducing a type of alien/foreign race to the RP, similar to Otsu. While we are currently still not allowing alien CCs, the idea and potential of them becomes more likely in the new era as we play around with more concepts. A Class system may be too much without a full redo of stats as there would be no real benefit from it. Only way this gets done is if it becomes a set of inherent perks that each class on default and while I’m not opposed to that, it’s not what I want to implement rn.

When I say ability categories, I don’t mean things like Dust Release or Anutu or Atavistic Flames. Those are all Abilities. Ability Categories are Modes, Universals, AN, etc. Currently, not counting Universals, we have Base Abilities (KG/AE/HA), Modes, Advanced Ninjutsu, and I’d go as far as to say Tools as their own Category. Adding a new Category would probably require a split of the current ones or be done with the addition of new abilities that fall directly under a new Category. This isn’t something likely to happen, it was just me jotting down a thought that came to mind.

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I want to point out to you and others since this seems to be a frequent sentiment that this isn’t a New Ability or Old Ability thing. Just as we are always updating abilities that exist, we are also always adding new abilities as well. My point about expanding out directly applies to those abilities as they cannot expand otherwise. Most if not all of the existing abilities will be updated as well at some point; instead of trying to do a mass update at one time, I’m doing updates in waves/batches like I did back in 2016 when they were first dropped. I chose to start with HA because most of them have been outdated the longest or need clarification on stuff more than the AE, which are just elemental jutsu, or aren’t as detailed or complex as the KGs, which are all grouped together similarly. Wood is also being updated now due to it’s close relations to the Bijuu, which are being updated as well. As Drackos said, more Masteries are always being planned; the current list will not be the final product as the goal is to work on almost all of the Tier 3 Base Abilities ( HA/AE/KG ).

This is currently already possible; you can request permission to take a Special Mission asking for FTG on your NW bio as the prize, for example. It’s how Lili was recently on a secret Special Mission to have Dual Abilities with the Cosmic Shinkaigan as well as gaining her MS back, a combination normally not allowed. It’s how Drackos obtained a custom Doujutsu; I plan on applying for one in the future, hoping to gain Atavistic Flames on my Madara bio. Of course, in each instance of these missions, one had to make a trade off of some sort such as me losing Wood SM as well as more potentially. All of these missions are treated as Forbidden level Missions and on par in complexity as Sage Missions. This could scale down a bit for lower level things but generally, Special Missions are on par with Sage Missions.

Tl;Dr It’s already possible to undergo Special Missions to gain unique abilities usually reserved for special bios or more. However, the more unique, the more you have to sacrifice as well as the more difficult the mission becomes to gain it if possible at all.

Not sure what you mean by group fights becoming more common; the overall RP isn’t going to be putting a focus on tag battle mechanics. Solo battles will have just as much emphasis as tag battles in terms of what’s focused on, rule wise. Maybe in the NW, these things will become more common due to dungeon like battles being a possibility but that’s a conversation for Drackos in a possible thread like this for the NW if he ever wants to do that, though unlikely. The idea of new team oriented Extra Specialties or even editing in perks for existing Extra/Apex Specialties to allow third options for them doesn’t sound bad either, though. It’s definitely something to look into, allowing more support type specialties for others instead of for yourself.

Tl;dr The overall RP won’t be making a large focus on solo or group battles individually, instead making rules that would encompass both; however, tag or group based specialties could be a possible thing I look into.

In 2016 when I first became RP Admin, we wanted to shake the game up and allow more customization than we had. Bio Skins were allowed, people were able to have bisque bio set ups and bio specialties gained tangible benefits. It’s been 6 years since then and though we’ve added new abilities and made slight tweaks to it, it’s overall been the same skeleton. While I don’t want to change this skeleton as it’s essentially the backbone of bios, I do want to add some more bones to that skeleton and strengthen it’s posture, so to speak. Allow us to continue to have something to climb to. It very much is a RPG, so why not treat it more like one? We have the open sandbox and tons of abilities to customize from, why not go a little further with them?

This isn’t directly what you asked but it’s important to note the differences amongst the ability categories because these differences help limit what’s possible and what’s not. AN being weak compared to KG is a logical outcome due to how these both are made and operate. KGs are the most powerful of the Base Abilities ( KG/AE/HA ) as they encompass the Doujutsu, and other abilities that directly manipulate and enhance their bodies. Hidden Abilities are just Ninjutsu that is secret and not taught to outsiders; for most of them, you just need to know the knowledge of how to do it and don’t need any DNA or body requirements. These can range a lot and because of the simplicity, understandably, they’re last amongst the three types in terms of power with Advanced Elements being in the middle with some being powerful and others not. Advanced NInjutsu simply manipulates an existing source; the AN is only as powerful as the source and because of that, it inherently limits ANs because most substances that can be manipulated and not created are not very powerful on their own. It’s because of the distinction like this that FTG cannot logically function as an AN; with the set up we have, it would more logically fit under HA and, like I mentioned above this response, these types of things are already possible via Special Missions. The possibility of gaining FTG or other abilities currently exists.

Tl;dr some ability fields are inherently limited by logical limitations and explains why certain base abilities have more restrictions than others. The possibility of gaining new abilities exists through Special Missions, with more detail about that in my response to Mirai.

Well, the way this would be planned, everything would scale up. Your jutsu would have higher damage on base and while restrictions would still exist, they would still look like those placed on current S or Forbidden ranked techniques. So while there may be a rank such as (random name) S+ That has 120 base damage before boosts, it would still have similar restriction caps that current S ranks have. The reason I suggest more ranks vs simply allowing S and F ranks to do more damage is because current Forbidden rank canons and years of customs use these base numbers and instead of editing several hundred techniques, I’d much rather have a sense of progression present that feels like you’re getting stronger and not just submitting S ranks with 80 one day then 120 the next. Though I understand the thought that new ranks won’t help much. That’s why it wouldn’t be the only thing present.

I disagree with parts of this while agreeing with some; there is an easy line to see when discussing expansion vs breaking. When we talk about expansion, we mention raising how much damage a technique can put out or block, how fast it or it’s user can move or track, as well as some of the other base bio metrics and jutsu stats. Those aren’t game breaking or do too much to the RP in terms of breaking things. Suddenly giving Nara Shadows the ability to pierce through S/T portals or allowing bugs to see into different dimensions, however, are doing too much and start to create a very thin line that gets treaded easily. The line of what’s too much and what’s acceptable. When you have bugs that can eat holes into space or dogs that can manipulate gravity, what concepts can you really say are declined when even the most basic ones have been perverted and allowed to be wild? It’s a slippery slope that I’m not going down, lol.

While I agree that techniques should not be very problematic, I definitely do not agree with the notion that everything needs to be beaten directly nor that every ability needs to be Tier 5 or have access to abilities or traits unique to very specific people or abilities. Aburame will not be having gravity related abilities nor would anything else that does not already have those functions — that’s going beyond what I meant by expanding the power ceiling and instead goes into expanding ability limits and while the two can be conflated at times, this is not one of them. As for your Gravity and S/T countering example, that won’t happen as their direct counters are already in the game and you mentioned them already: Anutu. It is a field that any custom bio can go for. Whether you wish to part with some abilities to have it is a choice on the user but the ability to counter those respective fields already exist and adding that to other abilities will not happen.

I also don’t think jutsu speed needs to be looked at; the system was put to use in our fight, that’s true. But it wasn’t it’s shortcomings that were shown, it was your side’s lack of creativity in using it. My bio was superior in speed to the Fire techniques Ian was utilizing, techniques that moved in linear paths towards me. If flying animals traveling in straight paths or extending limbs moving in one direction do little to prevent my movement, why would you continue to use things from behind me that move in one direction? Why not use Earth in between us or shoot widespread lightning from you guys to stop my movement? The issues with that was you only tried to attack directly with one element when sometimes, your specialty will not always be what’s best in every fight and that’s what was learned there.

I personally would prefer if we didn’t have shared customs and only had our own customs to use, not counting “canon” CCJ. It’d help to make bios feel more unique, any potential issues with a custom gets handled easier because you don’t have to think about the domino effect of who learned it, did they pay, etc and it is just a better way of handling things with limitless customs, but that’s an entirely different topic. I think with more abilities being added and some people having been here 8+ years, it’s easy to see how custom slots are used and need more of them. I don’t think even if the thread was up to date that donating customs is more preferred than having more slots. Mostly because, to be blunt, most members customs are terribly made and would have little purpose added to the canon lists besides being copies of some existing techs but with more restrictions. I’d much rather people have bigger, unique arsenals than to have more of the same shared techniques.

I’ve said for literally years, like at least 5 years now, that the NRP needs a proper stat system. One that allowed you to put points into a stat that would directly influence it’s power vs getting flat boosts across the board with a bio rank up. It was partially how Prestige came about, originally being a test for the system, then evolving into a system for Sages who have “finished” the game and want to do more. The problem that exists with a true stat system introduced this late is most of us would be jumping in with near complete builds. The actual fun of growth doesn’t exist once you’ve hit Jounin beyond “I wonder if I’ll like this new ability they drop. Oh It’s okay but I’ll keep my completed bio now. Maybe do some missions and buy custom slots or apply for Sage”. I’ve also contemplated with an idea for new ranks, but nothing serious. I thought about having maybe 4 more ranks and having them be locked behind an initial mission or maybe be freely accessible after Jounin Rank ( Sage would become a Title one could apply for at Jounin rank and would add benefits to whatever your base rank is ). Each rank would give you x amount of attribute points that you put into y fields. You put 2 points in Ninjutsu, you gain access to S+ rank and base 100 damage techs. You have 3 points, you get S++ and 120 base, etc. You put points in Speed, you get bonus speed to your base speed. Same for tracking, etc. I’d allow Jutsu Speed to also increase as an option. THere would be more stats than what I named (I actually fleshed a lot of the previous Stat system I had in mind out as I originally planned to reset the RP in 2019 but decided not to) but that was one of the possible ideas I would do with new ranks that allowed completely different Post Jounin set ups.

Custom Kin in the RP isn’t for having higher base damage; Custom Kin is for making techniques that violate the laws of nature. We don’t attribute high damage to custom Kin only because if that were teh case, most techniques we use would all be Kinjutsu and not just have Forbidden Jutsu rank. When I say higher jutsu ranks, I mean just that: Jutsu that have ranks higher than Forbidden. There scaling would go beyond what we allow current F ranks to do ( their restrictions could potentially be on par or harsher, depending on everything else discussed pans out ). So, as an example, damage would look like this ( ignore the stat system I mentioned in the paragraph right above this, unrelated idea here )

D = 10
C = 30
B = 40
A = 60
S = 80
Forbidden = 90
S+ = 100
S++ = 120
S+++ = 140

These would be the base damage for techniques above that.

Bio Types are, put simply, the types of bios there are. Ninja, Samurai/Ronin, Merchant and Gelel are the four types with Cyborg being a kind of hybrid Ninja type. Each of these types have different sets of fields they can access with Ninja obviously having the most and Merchant, not using Chakra, have the least. While I’m likely to add more future abilities that can be used by non Ninja types only, I’ve contemplated with the idea of introducing a type of alien/foreign race to the RP, similar to Otsu. While we are currently still not allowing alien CCs, the idea and potential of them becomes more likely in the new era as we play around with more concepts. A Class system may be too much without a full redo of stats as there would be no real benefit from it. Only way this gets done is if it becomes a set of inherent perks that each class on default and while I’m not opposed to that, it’s not what I want to implement rn.

When I say ability categories, I don’t mean things like Dust Release or Anutu or Atavistic Flames. Those are all Abilities. Ability Categories are Modes, Universals, AN, etc. Currently, not counting Universals, we have Base Abilities (KG/AE/HA), Modes, Advanced Ninjutsu, and I’d go as far as to say Tools as their own Category. Adding a new Category would probably require a split of the current ones or be done with the addition of new abilities that fall directly under a new Category. This isn’t something likely to happen, it was just me jotting down a thought that came to mind.
I understand what you're saying, I would 100% be down if everyone just lost customs they learned from others and they cannot be taught anymore. I agree that would make everyone more unique and versatile. If that would happen though the canon list in a lot of fields should be expanded.

As for the attributes perhaps make it so that even if you're already a high rank. You have to complete missions to unlock your attributes so that way it's not just given to people, but they still need to be earned. Or have the baseline boost per rank only like a quarter of what your max can be. That way people still have to work for it.

Example of Attributes:

Strength = Damage/Power
Constitution = Damage Resistance/Toughness
Dexterity = Speed/Agility
Intelligence = Tracking/Tools
Wisdom = Chakra/Skill
Charisma = Healing

Class/Attribute System:
Balance:Strength: 20
Constitution: 20
Dexterity: 20
Intelligence: 20
Wisdom: 20
Charisma: 20
Assassin:Strength: 20
Dexterity: 30
Wisdom: 15
Charisma: 15
Mage:Strength: 15
Constitution: 15
Dexterity: 15
Intelligence: 30
Wisdom: 30
Berserker:Strength: 30
Constitution: 30
Intelligence: 15
Ranger:Strength: 20
Constitution: 25
Dexterity: 25
Cleric:Strength: 10
Wisdom: 25
Charisma: 30
Warrior:Strength: 25

Then different ranks can give you baseline points to spend on attributes, and then maybe unique missions can give you some and perhaps you can buy more with kumi. Also, you could make it that no bio is allowed more then X amount of points, that way you cannot max out in all fields keeping bio's unique.

Ranks:
Academy Student:+20Jonin:+80
Genin:+40Sage:+100
Chunin:+60

Example of Perks:

Strength Stat Perks
0 - 20
  • [X perk Here] (Req a stat of 5 or higher)
  • [Y perk Here] (Req a stat of 10 or higher)
  • [Z perk Here] (Req a stat of 15 or higher)
21 - 40
  • [X perk Here] (Req a stat of 25 or higher)
  • [Y perk Here] (Req a stat of 30 or higher)
  • [Z perk Here] (Req a stat of 35 or higher)
41 - 60
  • [X perk Here] (Req a stat of 45 or higher)
  • [Y perk Here] (Req a stat of 50 or higher)
  • [Z perk Here] (Req a stat of 55 or higher)
61 - 80
  • [X perk Here] (Req a stat of 65 or higher)
  • [Y perk Here] (Req a stat of 70 or higher)
  • [Z perk Here] (Req a stat of 75 or higher)
81 - 100
  • [X perk Here] (Req a stat of 85 or higher)
  • [Y perk Here] (Req a stat of 90 or higher)
  • [Z perk Here] (Req a stat of 95 or higher)

As for the higher ranks.. I can see that working as well but we wouldn't want to just raise the damage cap with no limits. I know they would require higher restrictions for say, an S+ or S++ rank. But also should limit how many you can make of that rank similar to custom kinjutsu. For example if you buy or get S+ rank as a prize, you can only make X amount of techniques of that rank and they can require one to specialize in that field to use. This limits them to keep them more unique

• Haha
Reactions: Zatanna and Reborn

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
I understand what you're saying, I would 100% be down if everyone just lost customs they learned from others and they cannot be taught anymore. I agree that would make everyone more unique and versatile. If that would happen though the canon list in a lot of fields should be expanded.

As for the attributes perhaps make it so that even if you're already a high rank. You have to complete missions to unlock your attributes so that way it's not just given to people, but they still need to be earned. Or have the baseline boost per rank only like a quarter of what your max can be. That way people still have to work for it.

Example of Attributes:

Strength = Damage/Power
Wisdom = Chakra/Skill
Charisma = Healing

Class/Attribute System:

Then different ranks can give you baseline points to spend on attributes, and then maybe unique missions can give you some and perhaps you can buy more with kumi. Also, you could make it that no bio is allowed more then X amount of points, that way you cannot max out in all fields keeping bio's unique.

Ranks:

Example of Perks:

Strength Stat Perks
0 - 20
21 - 40
41 - 60
61 - 80
81 - 100

As for the higher ranks.. I can see that working as well but we wouldn't want to just raise the damage cap with no limits. I know they would require higher restrictions for say, an S+ or S++ rank. But also should limit how many you can make of that rank similar to custom kinjutsu. For example if you buy or get S+ rank as a prize, you can only make X amount of techniques of that rank and they can require one to specialize in that field to use. This limits them to keep them more unique

While I likelove this idea, I dont think the numbers need to be so high. If the numbers themselves are just thresholds, then even jsut simply doing a 1-20 starting stat or requirement is fine. If the numbers themselves specifically represented something, (like max damage or max speed etc or a multiplier) then I could see the use for higher numbers.

My proposition would be like,
Academy student - 3 in every stat
Genin - 5 in every stat
Chunin - 8 in every stat
Jounin - 10 in every stat
Sage is jsut a title, no longer a rank
New Rank 1 - 13 in every stat
New Rank 2 - 15 in every stat
etc, etc.

Say every rank gives you 4 or 5 points to spend, which then could directly correlate to your stats, as a multiplier or directly into your stats.
EG: Speed could be directly linked to your stat, health could scale such as x10 per point in stat, damage could be like the base technique plus x2 of each point (eg B rank fire tech at 40 damage with 10 points in fire specialization could be passively 20 damage stronger not counting to boosts).

I think having a scaling number would be better than having higher numbers that directly mean what youre capable off, because its a lot easier to manage than going should I make my strength go from 87 to 88, or put my speed from 77 to 78.
Thats just my input anyways

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
While I likelove this idea, I dont think the numbers need to be so high. If the numbers themselves are just thresholds, then even jsut simply doing a 1-20 starting stat or requirement is fine. If the numbers themselves specifically represented something, (like max damage or max speed etc or a multiplier) then I could see the use for higher numbers.

My proposition would be like,
Academy student - 3 in every stat
Genin - 5 in every stat
Chunin - 8 in every stat
Jounin - 10 in every stat
Sage is jsut a title, no longer a rank
New Rank 1 - 13 in every stat
New Rank 2 - 15 in every stat
etc, etc.

Say every rank gives you 4 or 5 points to spend, which then could directly correlate to your stats, as a multiplier or directly into your stats.
EG: Speed could be directly linked to your stat, health could scale such as x10 per point in stat, damage could be like the base technique plus x2 of each point (eg B rank fire tech at 40 damage with 10 points in fire specialization could be passively 20 damage stronger not counting to boosts).

I think having a scaling number would be better than having higher numbers that directly mean what youre capable off, because its a lot easier to manage than going should I make my strength go from 87 to 88, or put my speed from 77 to 78.
Thats just my input anyways
Yeah that was just an example, the numbers can be whatever fits the RP/Perks best. I was just going off a 1-100 stat since most RPG's do.

As for the Sage Rank just being a title, I'm against that tbh. Many spent a lot of time to get sage either with mission or Kumi.. some type of compensation would be in order if that happened imo.

Mans just made NRP D&D. I lowkey may need to make a comeback. Good organization Serp
Thanks bro, I feel like the RP can only do better if we move more toward a D&D style. I'm not sure about having rolls effect how effective something is, but having the stat system work with unique perks that can give your bio an edge in a specialized area or allow you to use more unique techniques/abilities that require a stat to be above a certain amount I'm all for it.

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️

Example of Attributes:

Strength = Damage/Power
Wisdom = Chakra/Skill
Charisma = Healing

Class/Attribute System:

Ranks:

Example of Perks:

Strength Stat Perks
0 - 20
21 - 40
41 - 60
61 - 80
81 - 100

I want to preface this reply with me saying that the concepts I spoke about in my last post were not concepts that are 100% planned; those were either ideas I had fleetingly or other ideas I put more time into, but nothing is set in stone yet. I also don’t want to have ideas that change the game entirely too much with one update. Like I’m not trying to create an entirely new system to fully replace what we have now, but more so adding things to the RP to compliment the ones we have now.

Back in roughly 2017/18, I had planned to release a second NRP roleplay alongside this one that incorporated stats and had the same starting ground. The idea was for a more immersive RP that would have actual events to rank up, such as Chunin Exams, and smaller story arcs that grew with the RPers. This is a mechanic you could see in use in DoT during it’s My Hero Academia run with the members starting as low level heroes or villains seeking entry into the university or into different villain organizations and storylines that allowed members to have more influence in a reactive world. While I ultimately didn’t go through with this plan because of the progress of the NW’s story, there were concepts and things from it that have since then made it’s way into the game or have been contemplated more and a full stat system is one of them. I disagree with the attributes you chosen and the layout you made as well; I don’t think putting traditional attributes into this RP fits better than the actual stats given to us in the databook ( Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Taijutsu, Intelligence, Strength, Speed, Stamina, and Hand Seals ). I narrowed the list of 8 down to what I believe would have been the 5-6 stats needed ( Nin, Gen, Tai, Stamina, Speed, Hand Seals ). Because Tool access wasn’t predicated on an actual stat. The higher a stat you had, the better you were with it. Ninjutsu Damage was dependent on how high your Nin stat was, same with Tai and Gen. Stamina determined your chakra while Hand Seals determined how many seals you generally needed for techniques with only a field or 2 max being 1 seal. Speed was obvious. I don’t have the exact docs in front of me to accurately state how I planned it but for the most part, I think those were how I divided the numbers. With how the RP evolved over time since then, it’d be redone but that was the general skeleton of the stat system.

I also don’t like the idea of traditional classes as those, once again, do nothing for the actual game we play and aren’t actually fitting; what does having a ranged class actually do besides make you faster for some reason? I mention the DoT RP a lot more than LoT in respects to stat systems because they did it effectively and right; The specialty system they have, the stat system, the archetype system, etc. It’s as close to D&D I can think of with our form of battling ( the general battle RP system of NB, OPB, LoT, etc ) that works out right. I don’t want to flat out copy their work but I also don’t deny they’ve done a lot of things a better way. If we were to implement a stat system, there aren’t going to be classes like such ( ranger, warrior, etc ). I prefer ones aimed at the actual world we’re in so I’d make ones like Sensor Type, Medic, etc. These come with their own issues. I don’t think your post is completely wrong or anything, just this set up I don’t agree with but this is also why this is just a discussion and nothing is being made. Trying to flesh out a system today will only have it changed completely by time the Third Saga is here. Even the system I made before is outdated and even with tweaks done today, would change a lot by the time the third saga began. Let’s stick to floating ideas instead of drafting full systems since nothing is set in stone.

I do think the idea of a stat system makes sense, though. It’s why I’ve said it for years and if not done now, will continue to say it. It’s a change I honestly should have forced onto the RP years ago but didn’t. Even most that were against it now support some stat or system featuring a stat mechanic such as crits, health system, jutsu speeds, etc. The main problem with implementing a true stat system, like I mentioned, is that when you implement it in a late game setting, its little effect to be gained for it’s current members unless they make new bios/accounts since they’re already at the end. For most that are Sage or trying to become a Sage, all that’s gained in this is maybe the sage title perks and a few knocks as they wouldn’t be able to max every stat out. It works best if there is a reset across the board but given the progress of the NW story, a full reboot is never on board so every plan has to take into account current RPer’s progress, potential new members and growing pains, as well as not changing the current RP too much or removing things from it. It’s a tricky line to navigate.

I’m going to reply to the discord thread now as well. This post may jump around a lot since I was writing it over 2 days and kept stopping and losing train of thought, so sorries for that if so.

Reactions: Keotsu
Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I want to preface this reply with me saying that the concepts I spoke about in my last post were not concepts that are 100% planned; those were either ideas I had fleetingly or other ideas I put more time into, but nothing is set in stone yet. I also don’t want to have ideas that change the game entirely too much with one update. Like I’m not trying to create an entirely new system to fully replace what we have now, but more so adding things to the RP to compliment the ones we have now.

Back in roughly 2017/18, I had planned to release a second NRP roleplay alongside this one that incorporated stats and had the same starting ground. The idea was for a more immersive RP that would have actual events to rank up, such as Chunin Exams, and smaller story arcs that grew with the RPers. This is a mechanic you could see in use in DoT during it’s My Hero Academia run with the members starting as low level heroes or villains seeking entry into the university or into different villain organizations and storylines that allowed members to have more influence in a reactive world. While I ultimately didn’t go through with this plan because of the progress of the NW’s story, there were concepts and things from it that have since then made it’s way into the game or have been contemplated more and a full stat system is one of them. I disagree with the attributes you chosen and the layout you made as well; I don’t think putting traditional attributes into this RP fits better than the actual stats given to us in the databook ( Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Taijutsu, Intelligence, Strength, Speed, Stamina, and Hand Seals ). I narrowed the list of 8 down to what I believe would have been the 5-6 stats needed ( Nin, Gen, Tai, Stamina, Speed, Hand Seals ). Because Tool access wasn’t predicated on an actual stat. The higher a stat you had, the better you were with it. Ninjutsu Damage was dependent on how high your Nin stat was, same with Tai and Gen. Stamina determined your chakra while Hand Seals determined how many seals you generally needed for techniques with only a field or 2 max being 1 seal. Speed was obvious. I don’t have the exact docs in front of me to accurately state how I planned it but for the most part, I think those were how I divided the numbers. With how the RP evolved over time since then, it’d be redone but that was the general skeleton of the stat system.

I also don’t like the idea of traditional classes as those, once again, do nothing for the actual game we play and aren’t actually fitting; what does having a ranged class actually do besides make you faster for some reason? I mention the DoT RP a lot more than LoT in respects to stat systems because they did it effectively and right; The specialty system they have, the stat system, the archetype system, etc. It’s as close to D&D I can think of with our form of battling ( the general battle RP system of NB, OPB, LoT, etc ) that works out right. I don’t want to flat out copy their work but I also don’t deny they’ve done a lot of things a better way. If we were to implement a stat system, there aren’t going to be classes like such ( ranger, warrior, etc ). I prefer ones aimed at the actual world we’re in so I’d make ones like Sensor Type, Medic, etc. These come with their own issues. I don’t think your post is completely wrong or anything, just this set up I don’t agree with but this is also why this is just a discussion and nothing is being made. Trying to flesh out a system today will only have it changed completely by time the Third Saga is here. Even the system I made before is outdated and even with tweaks done today, would change a lot by the time the third saga began. Let’s stick to floating ideas instead of drafting full systems since nothing is set in stone.

I do think the idea of a stat system makes sense, though. It’s why I’ve said it for years and if not done now, will continue to say it. It’s a change I honestly should have forced onto the RP years ago but didn’t. Even most that were against it now support some stat or system featuring a stat mechanic such as crits, health system, jutsu speeds, etc. The main problem with implementing a true stat system, like I mentioned, is that when you implement it in a late game setting, its little effect to be gained for it’s current members unless they make new bios/accounts since they’re already at the end. For most that are Sage or trying to become a Sage, all that’s gained in this is maybe the sage title perks and a few knocks as they wouldn’t be able to max every stat out. It works best if there is a reset across the board but given the progress of the NW story, a full reboot is never on board so every plan has to take into account current RPer’s progress, potential new members and growing pains, as well as not changing the current RP too much or removing things from it. It’s a tricky line to navigate.

I’m going to reply to the discord thread now as well. This post may jump around a lot since I was writing it over 2 days and kept stopping and losing train of thought, so sorries for that if so.
I haven't had the free time to post my own thoughts, but I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

While I know people would be unhappy with it, if it meant a better RP could come about form it, I see no reason why we couldn't do a blanket reset. I made a new account to start fresh, and it really isn't that bad. Barring that, more aggressive use of Mandatory Edits, now that it exists, to bring things in line. It doesn't fix the Sage-have-no-progression-path issue, but I'd want to read more and formulate my thoughts before commenting on that at large.

• Love
Reactions: Python

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

If you are still thinking about implementing these ideas, I support the change.

Last edited: