Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
-----------------------------------------
This is just some creative writing I'm trying at in english, if there are grammar mistakes you can correct me, I would like to get some input so any comments are welcome, I can take criticism too.
Also bonus if you can guess what this is about.

The title of this is "Nobody" and it's about...a nobody, it's not from his point of view, but from someone trying to figure out who he is.

You must be registered for see medias

There is a club, where people go to try their first gigs, if people laugh you know you have talent.
So there was this guy, a brilliant one, but that couldn't quite fit in, trying to make people laugh, he lost his job, he lost his girl, so the only thing he had left was an audience and the opportunity to achieve something great.

The club is crowded and dark, only thing that's lit are the cigarettes and the spotlight on the nervous slim person in front of it.

He makes a joke but nobody laughs. Afterwards he sits on the toilet clutching his head.

"What is wrong with me!?"

A heavy fist knocks on the door, they tell him nobody can get paid if they don't perform, it lowers the club's reputation and he can't come back no more.

The man walks sourly in the rain, it's night, always night.
his purple coat and chalk white skin makes him the only saturated brightspot of the city.

At the bar someone asks him if he really can afford all of those drinks.

"I don't need food, I need fun."

Some people nearby, they keep chattering, not loud enough for it to be innocent talk but not quite enough that they are scared to be heard.

"If you wanna get there, I can be your guide", he says.

The men looks up in aw, sooner than the loser realizes his mouth is filled with lobsters and warmth.

"Spill it all friend, what's on your mind?"

"Yeah, you can trust us, we are nice guys..."

So he opens up, he opens up about everything, how he hates the world, how he hates the city, every day he hears about people making more than they need yet all he wants is to move up a bit.
"There are girls on the street that makes that over a weekend, they don't have to tell a single joke."

The men feel for him, they tell him they have a plan, they can help him. He just needs to losen up.

"Listen friend, in this world you either eat or you get eaten."

The man understands, but he has doubts, it doesn't matter since the men helps him with that too.

"Nobody has to know, you will be wearing a mask, if there is nothing on you then you don't need to be anxious all the time!"

The plant is green, or at least the goo they use there.

He knows because he was once a worker, pushed out, forced ot tell jokes to keep the vultures at bay.

Only one guard as security, just as he remembered. Now there is no security.

Nobody turns around as he wonders where one of the men went, the other guy wonders the same.

They shout but nobody responds, something else is there, a shadow, a darkness.

"What is going on here? You said only one guard!"

"I don't know!"

"You lying pieace of sh-"
The man doesn't have time to finish his sentance for his is swallowed by the darkness.

Now you are alone, now you are terrified, the only light source is the green goo, as the darkness approaches, it reaches for you, but it's too late, you fall and fall and get spit out as if the toxic waste didn't want you.

The rain has formed pools of water in the ground, you see a skin white as chalk and hair dyed green.

As you clutch your head you wonder why, why do you feel like laughing?

Nothing makes sense anymore.

Sooner or later the darkness always catches you.

At first they are kind, they try to hose away the color, but instead of sending you to prison they send you to an asylum. Most people don't want you to be treated, says you don't deserve it.

But there is this one person, a girl with blond hair, she has her eyes on you, you sepcifically.

As you lay on the couch she starts talking, nobody managed to get information from you. Perhaps if torture was legal they would.

But she talks about herself, she says, "Even the smallest thing can turn a good man into a bad man.
all it takes is a bad day for sanity to be reduced to lunacy, but that's not what happend to you, there is another bad man out there. Masquerading his actions as good. He isn't the shining light of this city, the light that gives courage and hope, for people left alone, for people left to rot in cells for even thinking about freeing themselves."
Memories....memories are vile repulsive little brutes. without them, what happens then? We base our whole lives on our past, a the good doctor I tell you that whenever you find yourself onto an unpleasant train of thought, remember, there is always madness, madness is the emergancy exit."

She stretches out her hand as you grab it. Freeing you from the fear, fear of being caught, fear of being seen.
Life is a big joke, why can't other people see it? Why aren't they laughing? It's time now, it's time to gain an audience.

You must be registered to see images

Last edited:

Just_Red

Veteran
Kin
1,803💸
Kumi
1,445💴
Trait Points
41⚔️
Awards
This is just some creative writing I'm trying at in english, if there are grammar mistakes you can correct me, I would like to get some input so any comments are welcome, I can take criticism too.
Also bonus if you can guess what this is about.

The title of this is "Nobody" and it's about...a nobody, it's not from his point of view, but from someone trying to figure out who he is.

You must be registered for see medias

There is a club, where people go to try their first gigs, if people laugh you know you have talent.
So there was this guy, a brilliant one, but that couldn't quite fit in, trying to make people laugh, he lost his job, he lost his girl, so the only thing he had left was an audience and the opportunity to achieve something great.

The club is crowded and dark, only thing that's lit are the cigarettes and the spotlight on the nervous slim person in front of it.

He makes a joke but nobody laughs. Afterwards he sits on the toilet clutching his head.

"What is wrong with me!?"

A heavy fist knocks on the door, they tell him nobody can get paid if they don't perform, it lowers the club's reputation and he can't come back no more.

The man walks sourly in the rain, it's night, always night.
his purple coat and chalk white skin makes him the only saturated brightspot of the city.

At the bar someone asks him if he really can afford all of those drinks.

"I don't need food, I need fun."

Some people nearby, they keep chattering, not loud enough for it to be innocent talk but not quite enough that they are scared to be heard.

"If you wanna get there, I can be your guide", he says.

The men looks up in aw, sooner than the loser realizes his mouth is filled with lobsters and warmth.

"Spill it all friend, what's on your mind?"

"Yeah, you can trust us, we are nice guys..."

So he opens up, he opens up about everything, how he hates the world, how he hates the city, every day he hears about people making more than they need yet all he wants is to move up a bit.
"There are girls on the street that makes that over a weekend, they don't have to tell a single joke."

The men feel for him, they tell him they have a plan, they can help him. He just needs to losen up.

"Listen friend, in this world you either eat or you get eaten."

The man understands, but he has doubts, it doesn't matter since the men helps him with that too.

"Nobody has to know, you will be wearing a mask, if there is nothing on you then you don't need to be anxious all the time!"

The plant is green, or at least the goo they use there.

He knows because he was once a worker, pushed out, forced ot tell jokes to keep the vultures at bay.

Only one guard as security, just as he remembered. Now there is no security.

Nobody turns around as he wonders where one of the men went, the other guy wonders the same.

They shout but nobody responds, something else is there, a shadow, a darkness.

"What is going on here? You said only one guard!"

"I don't know!"

"You lying pieace of sh-"
The man doesn't have time to finish his sentance for his is swallowed by the darkness.

Now you are alone, now you are terrified, the only light source is the green goo, as the darkness approaches, it reaches for you, but it's too late, you fall and fall and get spit out as if the toxic waste didn't want you.

The rain has formed pools of water in the ground, you see a skin white as chalk and hair dyed green.

As you clutch your head you wonder why, why do you feel like laughing?

Nothing makes sense anymore.

Sooner or later the darkness always catches you.

At first they are kind, they try to hose away the color, but instead of sending you to prison they send you to an asylum. Most people don't want you to be treated, says you don't deserve it.

But there is this one person, a girl with blond hair, she has her eyes on you, you sepcifically.

As you lay on the couch she starts talking, nobody managed to get information from you. Perhaps if torture was legal they would.

But she talks about herself, she says, "Even the smallest thing can turn a good man into a bad man.
all it takes is a bad day for sanity to be reduced to lunacy, but that's not what happend to you, there is another bad man out there. Masquerading his actions as good. He isn't the shining light of this city, the light that gives courage and hope, for people left alone, for people left to rot in cells for even thinking about freeing themselves."
Memories....memories are vile repulsive little brutes. without them, what happens then? We base our whole lives on our past, a the good doctor I tell you that whenever you find yourself onto an unpleasant train of thought, remember, there is always madness, madness is the emergancy exit."

She stretches out her hand as you grab it. Freeing you from the fear, fear of being caught, fear of being seen.
Life is a big joke, why can't other people see it? Why aren't they laughing? It's time now, it's time to gain an audience.
Your story was interesting. I liked the anonymity of it, from the main character (mc) to the change in perspective from him to you. The story has likable transitions as it progresses, but I got lost a bit on the part from when the mc met the man, and they tried to steal something? Then the ending reminded me a lot of joker and Harlequin. Was that an inspiration to the piece? Anyways, I liked your story. I feel like theres more?

Reactions: Chikombo

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Your story was interesting. I liked the anonymity of it, from the main character (mc) to the change in perspective from him to you. The story has likable transitions as it progresses, but I got lost a bit on the part from when the mc met the man, and they tried to steal something? Then the ending reminded me a lot of joker and Harlequin. Was that an inspiration to the piece? Anyways, I liked your story. I feel like theres more?
Finally someone figured it out, yes this was all based on Batman, the man is the Joker and I was taking quotes from Alan Moore.

Reactions: Just_Red

Just_Red

Veteran
Kin
1,803💸
Kumi
1,445💴
Trait Points
41⚔️
Awards
Finally someone figured it out, yes this was all based on Batman, the man is the Joker and I was taking quotes from Alan Moore.
I see. Well, construction of quotes. (Assuming this wasn't a copy paste of his story but a mix up of quotes, to get this story to work)