Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It'll be huge for sure but I don't think it's going to be up there with OP. Who knows , it's hard to predict sales especially this early. It got a nice timeslot (Sunday @ 5PM).

Haikyuu had it's chances to be the next big thing and still made it to the top 3. I think prior to Haikyuu!!'s anime, it had around the same sales as Boku no hero.

Anyways, who cares, they're all great series.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is no need to hate on shounen battle manga.. just because it sells and more popular than your favorite edgy manga,
People still act like sales and popularity matters while deciding your fav :|
lmao Just look at the title of the thread you are posting this in. What do you think " the next big thing" means? What will get a manga in that category?

Sales and popularity doesn't always decide personal favourites but without it you don't make in in the list of big thing. And if someone is rejecting a work because of it's popularity alone then those particular people are definitely letting their prejudice decide their preference.

As a matter of fact
There is shitton of ppl out there who lose their mind when they see some other harem/shounen anime/manga got more recognition than their edgy series,

And they are closer than you think, you should take a look around.

Problem is.. you people dont know what anime/manga is considered to be a hidden gem,
Popularity and Sales bring fortune for the creator as it the whole point of the manga being published and commercially printed for the masses,

if you do ignore this fanbase.. then one series popularity shouldn't matter to you..
but here you are calling them cancerous, and even avoid watching the series just because it have a huge fanbase.. which is a stupid thing to do

it looks like you pay more attention to this cancerous fanbase than you think you do.
People will rather go for swimming in D' Niel.

Last edited:

BLAZE

Immortal
Kin
4💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
lmao Just look at the title of the thread you are posting this in. What do you think " the next big thing" means? What will get a manga in that category?
Yeah
Im reading an awesome manga is called My Hero Academia i cant put into words of how much awesomeness it is

is an upcoming manga that will be the best among Naruto, and One Peace and maybe better in terms of story but don't take

my word on it if anything you have a doubt go read it yourself anyway im here to suggest it to my people who read mangas(you know who you are) and haven't tried it reading it because of reasons.
Sales and popularity doesn't always decide personal favourites but without it you don't make in in the list of big thing.
And what has that to do with my Post when op is readin a manga and made thread about it being the next big thing
And if someone is rejecting a work because of it's popularity alone then those particular people are definitely letting their prejudice decide their preference.
So why should anyone care.Personal choices

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is no need to hate on shounen battle manga.. just because it sells and more popular than your favorite edgy manga,
Wait what? Just because shounen battle mangas sells more than my favorite anime/manga (who do less) does it mean is better? Yeah no.

AoT sells like hotcakes and the manga is indeed really good but that doesn't mean AoT is better than Steins;Gate.

Sales =/= Good anime/manga.

Naruto sells really good but I found the manga and anime to be average (part 1 above average due to childhood reasons).

Reactions: Sugiyama

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jean Grey said:
People still act like sales and popularity matters while deciding your fav :|

Sales and popularity doesn't always decide personal favourites but without it you don't make in in the list of big thing. And if someone is rejecting a work because of it's popularity alone then those particular people are definitely letting their prejudice decide their preference.
Yeah

And what has that to do with my Post when op is readin a manga and made thread about it being the next big thing

So why should anyone care.Personal choices
I quoted the sequence of posts to make it easy for you to get what it has to do with you.

Elementary my dear Watson, elementary. It is because they make a personal choice "to care".

Last edited:

BLAZE

Immortal
Kin
4💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I quoted the sequence of posts to make it easy for you to get what it has to do with you.

Elementary my dear Watson, elementary. It is because they make a choice "to care".
No offence Sherlock
Read the thread again
Im reading an awesome manga is called My Hero Academia i cant put into words of how much awesomeness it is

is an upcoming manga that will be the best among Naruto, and One Peace and maybe better in terms of story but don't take my word on it if anything you have a doubt go read it yourself anyway im here to suggest it to my people who read mangas(you know who you are) and haven't tried it reading it because of reasons.
He reads a manga,thinks its the next big thing asks you to give it a try

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wait what? Just because shounen battle mangas sells more than my favorite anime/manga (who do less) does it mean is better? Yeah no.

AoT sells like hotcakes and the manga is indeed really good but that doesn't mean AoT is better than Steins;Gate.

Naruto sells really good but I found the manga and anime to be average (part 1 above average due to childhood reasons).
Steins;Gate is an interactive game.. manga was inspired by the story of the game illustrated by different people, so was anime. Is it really fair to compare it with normal mangas?

No offence Sherlock
Read the thread again
He reads a manga,thinks its the next big thing asks you to give it a try
I was addressing your post not his.

Last edited:

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Steins;Gate is an interactive game.. manga was inspired by the story of the game illustrated by different people, so was anime. Is it really fair to compare it with mangas...
It still a manga. We're comparing a manga with another manga. It doesn't matter from where it came from.

Let's compare GTO & Holyland. Those 2 mangas are one of the best that I've ever read in awhile. It doesn't sell like the typical shounen like OP but that doesn't mean that GTO and Holyland aren't good.

BLAZE

Immortal
Kin
4💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was addressing your post not his.
I see then dunno why you quoted me in first place
Sales and popularity doesn't always decide personal favourites but without it you don't make in in the list of big thing.

Totsuka No Tsurugi

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It still a manga. We're comparing a manga with another manga. It doesn't matter from where it came from.

Let's compare GTO & Holyland. Those 2 mangas are one of the best that I've ever read in awhile. It doesn't sell like the typical shounen like OP but that doesn't mean that GTO and Holyland aren't good.
Steins gate was never a manga.. well there is a manga adaptation but its originally PS3 game visual novel or smth like that,
idk about Holy Land but GTO is far more successful than one piece.. as GTO fans its quite surprising that you didn't know.

I never say its better.. why are you trying to put words in my mouth ?
As the big boss you should do better than this..

I should stop expecting so much.

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
idk about Holy Land but GTO is far more successful than one piece.. as GTO fans its quite surprising that you didn't know.
Do you hear more about GTO than OP? answer me that question.

I never say its better.. why are you trying to put words in my mouth ?
v

There is no need to hate on shounen battle manga.. just because it sells and more popular than your favorite edgy manga

As the big boss you should do better than this..

I should stop expecting so much.
big boss?

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice sig Big Boss.Totally agreed with that Logic

You must be registered for see images
This isn't metal gear solid 3 :lmao:

But forreal though, there are many good animes/mangas out there that isn't as popular as OP but that does not mean that it can't compare or better than OP.

I highly recommend trying out Angel Densetsu.

Totsuka No Tsurugi

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you hear more about GTO than OP? answer me that question.

v

big boss?

How does hearing more decide which one is more successful ? thats a stupid comparison
people hear more about SAO and One Punch Man.. but that doesn't mean its more successful than kingdom,

Are you blind ?
And can you exactly point out where exactly did i say/type its better ?

BLAZE

Immortal
Kin
4💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This isn't metal gear solid 3 :lmao:

But forreal though, there are many good animes/mangas out there that isn't as popular as OP but that does not mean that it can't compare or better than OP.
I like Code Breaker,Ubel Blatt,The Law of Ueki, and i don't even know how much they sold lol

I highly recommend trying out Angel Densetsu.
Just Googled it.Looks intresting TY

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The game was developed first and the manga was based on it - Oda is appreciated as a mangaka who creates his verse, his characters and illustrates them too. It's not like a development team working on it, a different person creating characters and then two different illustrators creating a short manga version for it.

Holyland:

Meet Kamishiro Yuu, a young high school student who was bullied during middle school. The harassment gets to the point he stops going to school and starts secretly training to fight. A year later, disconnected from life around him, he has taken to roaming the streets looking for a place to belong.

He unleashes his secret left-right combo on random street thugs and in doing so gains a reputation as a thug hunter. He ends up fighting increasingly strong opponents as everyone wants to test his skill. Though the series deals a little with the reality of gang violence, people beaten into comas are usually out of the hospital in a few chapters,,....

It wouldn't sell like OP because it doesn't have that big a mass appeal nor potential to last over a decade in a weekly magazine. OP's appeal comes from it's entertainment value and that comes from Oda's ability to capture a wider audience by including a large variety of themes. Holyland maybe very well presented but - I see the theme and can see it's limitations.

I see then dunno why you quoted me in first place
Perhaps because I overestimated your reasoning ability for a few minutes there. Mea culpa.

Last edited:

BLAZE

Immortal
Kin
4💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Perhaps because I overestimated your reasoning ability for a few minutes there. Mea culpa.
I see "The pot calling the kettle black"

But but we[members] all know

"Fell into mah Trap insta ban" :lol so i am gonna leave

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see "The pot calling the kettle black"

But but we[members] all know

"Fell into mah Trap insta ###" :lol
I see you posting the same idiom multiple times in a single day- learned it just today or what? You "all" means your group where you scratch each other's back and go circle jerking?

You made a comment about manga sale in an attempt to defend some posts which were mocking OP. OP was about the manga sale and popularity in the first place- next series to take that popularity slot to make it that big. So basically you guys hijacked the thread topic and start advocating for random series( that you know would never be in that slot). At the same time when called out on that behaviour, you tried to remind me OP twice as if you were making a logical reply when it was just an attempt to save face.

Have you anything useful to say on the topic except putting your ego that stops you from owing the shortsightedness, on display?

Last edited: