Konno

Legendary
Kin
1,863💸
Kumi
1,498💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Congratulations to the mafia, you guys were more active and that was part of the reason you won.
All_Red played really well and tricked players into lynching other townies.

Thanks everyone for playing and I hope you guys liked the game.

Reactions: AL_sama

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Btw, forgot to add
Vote Lynch: @Elmage G Ace
Hmm, not convinced.

I dont do "cold" Im all red for a reason.

Indeed, you should vote too!

why would i feel thretened from a town... Unless they aren't...
Reasoning? None. Just pressure to bring out scum
Okay, due to the "only quote direct messages" thing this is going to be a bit difficult. So, here for example, Red voted a player before said player even managed to post. Sure, I did this before as well in games, even that early, but the vote obviously never was really serious. Sometimes players like to pressure players early on to help them find out the pressured player's alignment, and that's cool, but in that case you get into such a vote and push with an open mind. After all, you don't know what that player randed yet.

If you look at how Red followed up on it though, she makes it clear that she intended it as a "serious vote" and "to bring out scum." That's... not how an early pressure vote works, as I just explained. As far as I remember she never even budged an inch from that read, and added nothing but "he's scum." Like, instead of putting in pressure, then getting a reaction/a read out of it and then doubling down on her vote BECAUSE OF THE REACTION, she just doubles down that the vote was because of her initial read.... which was on a zero posting player. That is not towny behaviour, and while there are town players who come into games with premade reads and strong tunnels on others, Red isn't a player I know for that kind of irrational play.

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its not a wonder why, Im bluntly ripping off that games start tactics, it gets things done.

You should have your eyes on Elamage!
None whatsoever, its much too early to based on posts cause theres to little to know. But i get the feeling Elmage is scum.
Just cause, why not?
Im going to sleep you wonderful human beings. So i will remove my vote from Elmage simply because Im afraid of waking up and finding out that my vote stayed on him even when the DP ended. I feel like some more proper investigation is needed before i lock him as my vote. Anyway, night.

Unvote: @Elmage G Ace
Here is some more, and the funny twist at the end: "He's scum, and yeah, I have a strong feeling that he is scum, but in hindsight I feel that he might be lynched and I was wrong, so I ask others to find him as scum as well so that I can place my vote back on him."

So either she is certain that he's scum and should be okay with the lynch while she's asleep, or she doesn't know his alignment and shouldn't double down as hard. This kind of behaviour is pretty odd if you look at it closely, and more often than not comes from a Mafia player that wants to hard push a town player, but is afraid to be lynched for when the town player dies as having been a driving force behind the lynch.

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm getting nostalgic feelings about this quick vote, feels like the naruto game all over. Not feeling pressured to vote just yet. But got my eyes on you 2 for now.
Do I see some maffia working together?
This. voting from the start is pretty common. But the ones following the bandwagon tend to be scum or at least play as scum
I agree.
Demon looks a little scummy to me.

Vote: @Demon
Alubama, Day 1, is much harder to find than Red. But for him as well, if you know that Red is Mafia, you see some inconsistencies. Please look at the posts in order:

1) He puts both Red and Ace in the scummy pool
2) When somebody votes Ace, he calls that person scum working together with Ace
3) He townreads Red for her early vote (that he scumread her before) and doubles down on his scumread of later voters on Ace

4) is a reaction from Red: Albeit being scummyread by Alubama some times, she didn't even adress his read on her, nor does she ever tell us her own read on him. If I am town and somebody thinks that I am scum, I am normally very interested in finding out why. Some town players tend to scumread all players scumreading them, even, especially less experienced ones. But here you can see Red generally treating Alu as town the whole time, never questioning him about his read on her, never really deeply engaging him either.

What you see here is some form of "distancing": The Mafia players don't want to act TOO cozy as to not raise attention to them being a team. That's why Alu is making those remarks towards Red. At the same time, he too never REALLY tries to push her, or convince others of Red's possible scummyness, or tries to really deeply figure her out. Red, on the other hand, tries not to push back too hard as to having to scumread him either. Since they are teammates there is no need to figure each other out as well. But that's something one should only look for AFTER you found one of them scum in the first place - as I learned, "always lynch the scummiest player and then go from there".

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Im agaisnt it though, the chances of removing scum based off inactives is 3/12. Or 1/4. Since we are pretty much choosing from random. But its a start, grom just gut instincts
This quote from Red, regardless of her alignment, I find quite funny though, since she was voting a player at the time that she picked randomly at the start who was a no poster at that point. So her own scumread should also be 1/4 accurate.

Last edited:

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Exactly! Or a reaction that was really obvious that he was scum. The only thing that seemed to give this evidence was this post of his:

Its a joke comment but one that could mean either one: mafia or town.
I'm not taking it too seriously though.

Mu next sus is on Demon.
I need to understand his reasoning.

Vote: @Demon
Town AND scum flip-flop with their reads during games, but Red's read change on "lock scum" Ace to "dunno" Ace is weird. More weird is that she doesn't feel the need to figure out his alignment. Personally if I can't figure out a player I ask others, try to engage that player, do something to get some kind of read.

The majority of votes were because of the crazy inactivity within the game. Everyone wanted to make progress, so they decided to lynch the people that were inactive, Ortak was just a victim of that.

I think scum did take advantage of the inactivity, by focusing on people that were most active or were leading a lynch on a mafia member....

This just got me thinking. Wasn't Rei voting for Ortak? Can you exercise the possibility that Ortak being a noob decided to kill off Rei in fear that she might get majority votes next DP?

Current Reads:
Me: ??
Demon: Scum lean- his sudden vote on Ace after I voted him.
Ortak: Scum Lean- Rei's sudden death after the vote on him

Everyone else is town lean. SO far.
Here as well, the fact that Ace is missing is not a massive slipup, but something that a keen town eye might notice, looking at him being her number 1 priority the day before and not even worth mentioning today.

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I found it pretty suspicious, but hey hes new so it could be just a stupid play. The nightkill confused me a little tho. Rei didn't call anyone out except for inactive players. One of them might just panicked during the nightphase but can't tell for sure
A beautiful post; it says nothing of substance while being very logical and SEEMING like it says a lot. Those are great scum posts - you can use them later down the line to either prove that you were always suspicious of those players he was asked about - or that you have defended them all along.

Reasoning behind this? just because they play really passive or do you have another theory?
Also good: Scum needs to appear solving and engaged. Questions like those are great. You force others into the spotlight, you don't have to give definite statements and you appear to bring the game forward.

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ace seems nuetral atm, not really conribusting like he did in his first game. I also agree with your first statment, Ortek isnt in the best light, but is a cirtain scum eaither.

I dont like this post. Just a feeling.

that does seem like a likely sanrio... being noobs and all

Why demon?

nuetral

Intresting. Just to but pressure right?

Your last line. that seems alittle scum to me. Why point that out? Are you being sarcastic?

Ik!! I wanted to be on... but rl came in the way!

Wow, i never thought of that! That's genius! So Rei's death narrows down the game to those four. Nice. Now of all of those four... who has been the least productive, I think the active players haven't neccarly been mafia imo

I agree with two of them. But why Conspirator?

This explains my curosity. You convinced me he looks scum.

Hold- up me and him had a interaction?

Dont go for inactives. Let the mod do his job with them.
Rn focus the scummy actives liek con, and Demon.
What do think about them Alice. You havent given any deep reads yet.

I like this post. Conent!!
Tell what you conclude form the bolded.

Maybe just acutal belief in his scummyness??

I agree :)

This post, while having flaws (like going from a neutral read on Alice to just following Alice's post in the SAME post), is great in a sense of a mafia team. I'm not trying to bash Red here, not at all: Red was playing a more dangerous wolf than Alu was: The so called powerwolf. While Abu did his best to stay in the shadows and fly under the radar, Red was doing hard work trying to influence how players thought about other players. As far as I can see she was the main reason for all mislynches in terms of shading those players and thus getting other town players to follow the thought of lynching there; that way she also managed to make sure that no Mafia player was ever in danger of being voted off. This method of play IS more dangerous: Since you post more, throw out more ideas and generally act more pushy, you WILL end up making contradictory statements and people will question why you are still alive and/or why you solely suspect town players all game, but the powerwolf is great at clearing out the bord and getting difficult mislynches through before the end game phase. And that role Red played perfectly.

I'll leave it to you guys to look deeper into that post and find some strange things.

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This was a triumph, I'm making a note here, huge success.

Ok, so conspirator was not a mobster.....grr. I was hoping he was. I'm thinking it must be ALL RED who is the real villain.

@All_Red What's your defense?
"A post no scum team member ever makes for 100$, please."

(At least not as inexperienced scum. This would be called "open wolfing", and is something no player in this game would be able to pull off)

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Omg, these insights are genius!! Thanks @LanMisa !!!
ima take some notes...
Let me say this upfront, I am much better at finding town than at catching scum, and I am massively average at directly catching scum. But since this town mostly lost due to not finding scum, I deem this to be more insightful than trying to point out for what I'd townread other players.

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How do you see this as a huge success? another townie got killed during NP, and I don't see a lead here except for you pointing directions at Red. Seeing this after you guys tried to 'bandwagon' from the start. This makes me think that was a scheme all from the start. I think you felt some aggression towards yourself and are now trying to redirect this.
I think that this is the only "bad" post that I saw from Alu all game: I don't see the "aggression" on Demon. Also, with whom is Demon bandwagoning? With Red?
Also notice that he says that Demon is with Red, yet solely pushes Demon and reacts friendly towards Red later down the line. This gives him ample opportunity to jump onto Red in case town catches on to her, but he's not directly pushing her either in case town doesn't. Another good example of "distancing".

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hello all.
This is my first Day Phase.

Mafia seem to be in full control atm.
They got the Doc in Phase 1 and then they killed Shanks who was only a sub.

Seem to be targetting older and experienced players.

My suspicion atm is Demon.
But it's only because of a hunch.
"Things experienced town players subbing into MYLO never say for 100$". I COULD see this from an inexperienced town player, but even then, this false sense of "I am right" would be misguided.

What town players replacing into a slot at MYLO do: Ask what has been going on, the general situation, asking others for reads and opinions, stating whom they trust from reading up.

@Demon Any username which I remember you by?

Anyway I understand your reasoning. I play by hunches as well.
Unfortunately for you, my hunch says you so

Vote - Demon
See above: One mislynch, the game is over. This is the worst scenario to just blindly throw out votes. Don't do this as town, folks!

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The moment he unvoted you I was suspicious of him. at first I gave the benefit of the doubt if being new. But then he repeatedly kept playing scummy as you pointed out several town.

By this as we need to vote to win i'm also giving him my vote. Either he is Maffia in my mind or playing this game rather bad. No hard feelings.

Vote @Demon
Things town players should NEVER do after being told to be careful with votes in LYLO. Unfortunately neither Ace nor Poison caught on (or read my post either....). It was also a dead giveaway that Demon is town.

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Vote @Demon
On a side note All red is definitely his scum buddy. Alice you are also in the team aren't ya??
Yeah..... no. In a game where scum controlled the whole game, they will NEVER just outright push each other in MYLO. The thought that Red was ever with Demon in this game is a bad read. No scum would act that way.

If you see someone you consider scum hard pushing somebody you consider scum in a situation where scum is close to winning and has never been in danger ever, then most likely your perception of at least one of those players is wrong.

LanMisa

Regular
Kin
566💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Again, I want to reiterate that I am not trying to bash the scum team here. They obviously won by a wide margin, controlling the game right from the beginning, killing the best players from town and getting lucky by also killing off the doc who was Rei (and who was the ONLY town player to actually consult me). Both Alubama and All_RED played good games and I'm proud that my former Dracula's castle lover managed to control the game in the way she did like that.

My insights are there to help everybody improve. I want town to improve so that they learn about some mafia strategies which will help them find Mafia in their next games. At the same time I want to show the Mafia team how THEY can improve, where some better wording or some better structure will help them being even stronger and less detectable the next time they play.

I'd like to point out good town posts and generally good town behaviour as well, but there was too little cohesion. I liked the fact that Ace asked lots of questions, but his conclusions were a bit wonky at times and he was let down by general inactivity (like the rest of the game). I liked Rei's insights, especially those after the game, and she's a sharp player alright; Mafia did well in offing her immediately. I also liked how Shanks tried to turn the tide D2 that he became the immediate and obvious night kill. But since I didn't really see anything exceptionally well I'd rather concentrate on the mafia here.

Status
Not open for further replies.