[Discussion] New Crewmembers

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
So i realised we have all been discussing the possibility of adding a new member to the Strawhat Crew. I have been rereading the Fishman Island arc and I am starting to believe that no new crew member will be added at the end of the day. The reason I say this is that Oda usually focuses the arc more on them than any other character, which he has not really done unless you count the princess which I don't think is a very viable option for the crew. I am starting this thread to see what others think when it comes to adding a new crewmember from this arc.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
525๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
At this point I don't see a character yet that fits the crew, however don't forget that with Franky for instance it absolutely did not look like at the start of Waterr 7 arc that he would join the crew. It only appeared later on that he was more important to the current arc than it initially seemed.

That might be now the case again, that a character which seems at this point very unlikely to join the crew might later on be in a position to join.

Though there are several characters you would like to join, IMO there isn't a single one now that has shown the slightest potential of joining the crew.

gamahiro

Supreme
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
Cook. Musician. Shipwright. Navigator. Doctor. Those were the only crew Luffy wanted, and he has them. Although I suppose Robin and Brooke just sort of came along, so maybe there will be more additions. I just can't imagine anyone else in the crew.

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Yeah, the only reason i think that we will get more crewmembers is because luffy stated at the beginning of OP when he first sets out that he thinks 10 crewmembers would be perfect. While I think that we will have a fishman join the crew, I don't think that we have seen anyone who is a viable option except for maybe the Kraken..., Im not thinking about them as roles on the ship but rather people to add to the crew. and if you dont believe me about Luffy wanting 10members, look at the first 2 chapters, i think its in one of those 2 where he states that

uzamaki2223

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
i dnt think dat the SH crew will get another crew member n dis arc but i was thinkin..... everybody else gained sumthin extra on there 3 year trainin "mission" except for nico robin.... i mean she's gotten stronger but not really by benefit of being with luffy's dad Dragon. i think dat dragon will send somebody ta protect Robin (for watever reason he wanted her protected earlier) and to kinda protect luffy n mayb try n get luffy ta join da revolution wen da time comes... idk wat do u guys think?????

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
i dnt think dat the SH crew will get another crew member n dis arc but i was thinkin..... everybody else gained sumthin extra on there 3 year trainin "mission" except for nico robin.... i mean she's gotten stronger but not really by benefit of being with luffy's dad Dragon. i think dat dragon will send somebody ta protect Robin (for watever reason he wanted her protected earlier) and to kinda protect luffy n mayb try n get luffy ta join da revolution wen da time comes... idk wat do u guys think?????
Huh, that is a pretty interesting theory, although one big thing about that theory that might not make it work is that unless Luffy wants them to join then they probably wont get on the boat in the first place. Plus I dont think Luffy really needs protection, but that is an interesting theory on where a new crewmember might come from

uzamaki2223

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Huh, that is a pretty interesting theory, although one big thing about that theory that might not make it work is that unless Luffy wants them to join then they probably wont get on the boat in the first place. Plus I dont think Luffy really needs protection, but that is an interesting theory on where a new crewmember might come from
yea i thought about dat to n i think dat robin woulda analyzed dat part about luffy n his selection process sayin dat she's been there for franky n brook. she may have told da dragon about luffy n he sent somebody ta join him under those circumstances to ensure his being accepted. kinda like how sai was accepted into team 7. like i said idk i jus thought that it was an interesting theory... lol

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I think Jinbe will join & every crew member has some reason why they join Luffy & I can see Jinbe's reason is he wants to somehow bring peace between fishman & Human
Part of me agrees with you but there is another part of me that thinks that doesnt fit quite right. Take the water7 arc where franky joins, it didnt seem likely that Franky would be the one considering all the other characters, but it fits that the guy running around in a speedo drinking soda to work properly would be the guy to join the crew. Something about Jinbei just doesnt work quite right in the crew in my mind.

antonie15

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I could see Hancock as a SH
maybe she will be removed from the position as a Shichibukai and SH will save her,or something like that
She had a shitty past so she completes that "hidden conition" too :D
How would Sanji react to her ?xD
I could see him being turned to stone by her once in a while
And she could have her Luffy moments too ,so she would be good as comic relief too
I'm just sayin'

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
Part of me agrees with you but there is another part of me that thinks that doesnt fit quite right. Take the water7 arc where franky joins, it didnt seem likely that Franky would be the one considering all the other characters, but it fits that the guy running around in a speedo drinking soda to work properly would be the guy to join the crew. Something about Jinbei just doesnt work quite right in the crew in my mind.
But that's why I think he will because he does seem unlikely because he's not wacky like the others.

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Hey I know it's been long, but what the hell. I just wanted to say my opinion, hope u don't mind :)
Everyone keeps saying a new nakama will join because Luffy wanted 10 nakamas... except, well, he already has 10 nakamas! If ou think about it, they remained as Vivi's nakamas, right? Counting her, it makes 10, so goodbye to the, as sanji would say, shitty rumour!! (I wished she came back through...)

However, people keep pointing out one of these ppl will join: Hancock, Perona, Margaret, Jinbei or Bon Clay (If he's alive, of course). However, in order to join the SH the new members need the following:

-A position in the ship (Not esential, Robin or Usopp aren't esential to the crew if u think about it)
-A skill at which you excel (Or simply be a Devil Fruit user)
-A traumatic and horrible past.
-A special dream they wish to acomplish by navigating with the SH.

If you think about it, Hancock has more chances of getting in, being the only one that has a terrible past (her days of slavery)... yet there isn't exactly a position for her in the crew, given that she's the captain of her tripulation (through Zoro doesn't have a specific position either...) And about her dream, it could be either marry Luffy or taking revenge on the Tenryuubito, take your pick. Another chance is Margaret, who desires to see the world outside Amazon Lily and has been shown to possess an unique talent for sewing and creating clothes. But, unlike Hancock, she doesn't have a sad past, and every crewmember has one!
I doubt Perona or Jinbei can join, they will probably remain as allies, like Paulie from Water 7 or Conis from Skypiea.
If Bon Clay is alive, he would probably join the straw hats, or at least Luffy would try to convince him to do so, given that he saved his life in more than one ocassion. Not sure if he would join or not, but I would love to see him interact with the crew, specially Robin, Sanji, Nami and Franky. So, I guess Bon Clay is my pick, in case he's still alive.

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I think Bon Clay would be great in the crew as he is obviously already concidered a nakama by Luffy. the thing is i dont think he is alive or if he is, he is at the very bottom floor of impel down and somehow i dont think that we will be going back to the prison to get anyone unless one of the current crew members get taken there. Just my thoughts