Hotarubi

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ok I'm considering buying one, but I want to ask if anyone owns one or knew anyone that has so I can hear their opinions on it and should I get one or not.
They seem so awesome.
And which brand you think is the best?

( here's a list:
)

Daruny

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's pretty awesome... its like a laptop... but its not... lol.

Great for online works.

Makes me wonder, can you work doc.'s?

Hotarubi

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't know anything more than what wiki said.
That's why I wanted to ask someone who has it . =/
I tried searchng the net but there wasn't many things more than that.They all say they can play movies/audio and let you surf the net but is there anything more to it ?

Daruny

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think its for net surfing, though I see it has storage memory. I suppose its a computer, but with low graphical card and limited things.

Still none the less, looks pretty awesome, and I bet price is not that high.

((You can also put it on your HD, how cool is that? D: ))

gamahiro

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I would look at:
Operating system - Get one with linux. I wouldn't get a Windows based OS for an internet device. If you don't plan on installing games or propietary software get an OS that you won't have to worry about as far as malware is concerned.
Hard drive - It's no different than WebTV without a hard drive and we all know how that went.
Optical drive - I would actually skip a dvd or cd drive. I think it would get too hot in a small form factor.
Output - I would make sure it had the right outputs for it's intended purpose. HDMI if you plan on connecting it to your TV, DVI or VGA depending on your monitor.
Input - Look for ones with good input options (usb, firewire, ethernet, etc.).

After you narrow it down, go with the best warranty and support.

Reactions: Hotarubi

Daruny

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would look at:
Operating system - Get one with linux. I wouldn't get a Windows based OS for an internet device. If you don't plan on installing games or propietary software get an OS that you won't have to worry about as far as malware is concerned.
Hard drive - It's no different than WebTV without a hard drive and we all know how that went.
Optical drive - I would actually skip a dvd or cd drive. I think it would get too hot in a small form factor.
Output - I would make sure it had the right outputs for it's intended purpose. HDMI if you plan on connecting it to your TV, DVI or VGA depending on your monitor.
Input - Look for ones with good input options (usb, firewire, ethernet, etc.).

After you narrow it down, go with the best warranty and support.
Agreed about the OS, after all gaming is out the question.

And recommend the TV setup, imagine youtube HD... on LCD ;_;

Reactions: Hotarubi