Hawker

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A national anthem (also state anthem, national hymn, national song etc.) is a generally patriotic musical composition that evokes and eulogizes the history, traditions and struggles of its people, recognized either by a nation's government as the official national song, or by convention through use by the people.

-Wikipedia

I think national anthem is a great way to unify people. I always find it interesting to hear other countries anthems because, even though you can't always understand it, it is still fascinating to hear people from different backrounds to sing the same song with a great passion.

Do you sing your country's anthem if you hear it on a event somewhere? What do you think is the significanse of it nowadays? And also if possible please share a video of your anthem.

Here's the national anthem of my country Finland:

lord seventh

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I also enjoy hearing other countries anthem during international level sports matches and i am from india and i suggest you hear india's national anthem and you definitely gonna like it
Sorry i can't sure videos due to some internet related problem

Reraru

Legendary
Kin
11💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In our school it is tradition to sing nation anthem in assembly. I feel proud when I hear it. Everyone feels that way tho. I haven't heard any other countries tho.

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Do you sing your country's anthem if you hear it on a event somewhere?
No, lol. Never.

What do you think is the significanse of it nowadays?
To me personally, a national anthem couldn't be more worthless. I'm not a fan of patriotism in any form.
But if people want to sing it to have a feeling of community, just go on.

And also if possible please share a video of your anthem.
Sure, here it is from Germany.

[video=youtube;HEpJdLkDlOY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEpJdLkDlOY[/video]

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,412💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hawker said:
I think national anthem is a great way to unify people. I always find it interesting to hear other countries anthems because, even though you can't always understand it, it is still fascinating to hear people from different backrounds to sing the same song with a great passion.
They give a feeling of community and pride and humans are social animals after all.

Do you sing your country's anthem if you hear it on a event somewhere? What do you think is the significanse of it nowadays? And also if possible please share a video of your anthem.
Depends. Not always but it's hardly 52 second long and one of the few songs I actually remember ( from school assembly), so I may hum a few lines when I hear the tune.

[video=youtube;HtMF973tXIY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtMF973tXIY[/video]

Although an equally respected and often more liked by some, is another national song ( not national anthem though), "Vande Maataram". That one is originally from a poem from a novel that ended up being a slogan for Indian freedom struggle.

Last edited:

paratise

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
In schools and national ceremonies.

Turkey's national anthem is called İstiklal Marşı, in English "Anthem of Freedom" (İstiklal means freedom, a Persian originated word, marş means Anthem).

It's original poem actually has 41 lines, but the anthem we sing regularly includes first 8 lines, which are these:

Fear not; For the crimson banner that proudly ripples in this glorious dawn, shall not fade,
Before the last fiery hearth that is ablaze within my homeland is extinguished.
For that is the star of my people, and it will forever shine;
It is mine; and solely belongs to my valiant nation.

Frown not, I beseech you, oh thou coy crescent!
Smile upon my heroic nation!3 Why the anger, why the rage?
Our blood which we shed for you shall not be worthy otherwise;
For freedom is the absolute right of my God-worshipping nation!

It was written during Turkish war of independence, around 1920. The anthem mainly refers to fight for the nation and freedom of our people and homeland. The parts about crescent and star refers to our flag, the last line is actually a wordplay in Turkish. It only says "God" in translation, but the word used for God is "Hak" in Turkish version and it also means right/justice. It has like 2 meanings.

Here is the youtube video link:

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mine's the Star-Spangled Banner. It's damn good if played by instrument or sung by vocals if played fundamentally, but I turn the TV off or block out the noise if some teenybopper pop star butchers the song like they always do. Screw listening to that.