Naruto's shadow clones?

Merkel

Leaf Village Regular 🍃
Regular
534 posts 47 reactions
Joined
Apr 13, 2015
Messages
534
Reaction score
47
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
It is established that using shadow clones divides the users chakra equally right?
For example if Naruto makes only one clone, that clone has 50% of his chakra. If he makes three they have 25% each plus 25% in the original etc etc etc.
Now what if the clone/s gets dispelled? Where does the chakra go? Down the drain is where I thought...
I can't recall it being stated that leftover chakra of clones is returned, in fact I've heard statements that directly contradict this.

If this is the case then how the **** does Naruto not run out of energy incredibly fast. Sure he may have incredibly high reserves but it seems like a waste to bust 50+% of his reserves on a clone or two if they get dispelled almost immediately.

The only explanation I have for this is that he can control how much he divides in to each clone but I feel like yes this may have been implied at some points but I can never actually remember an obvious example or statement of this.

So confused, what am I missing?
 

Nagi

Sannin of the Scrolls 📜
Elite
7,112 posts 411 reactions
Joined
Apr 7, 2014
Messages
7,112
Reaction score
411
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
plot no jutsu.

The more you look at it. It is starting to sound like every single shinobi have an inner dimension of chakra where their "dispelled" chakra return to that inner dimension.
 

Michael

Kage in the Making 👑
Legendary
10,476 posts 1,146 reactions
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
10,476
Reaction score
1,146
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Naruto is a chakra god, he has no limits. :sigar:

You must be registered for see images
 

ninjarasengan

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
3,237 posts 170 reactions
Joined
Aug 31, 2011
Messages
3,237
Reaction score
170
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
It is established that using shadow clones divides the users chakra equally right?
For example if Naruto makes only one clone, that clone has 50% of his chakra. If he makes three they have 25% each plus 25% in the original etc etc etc.
Now what if the clone/s gets dispelled? Where does the chakra go? Down the drain is where I thought...
I can't recall it being stated that leftover chakra of clones is returned, in fact I've heard statements that directly contradict this.

If this is the case then how the **** does Naruto not run out of energy incredibly fast. Sure he may have incredibly high reserves but it seems like a waste to bust 50+% of his reserves on a clone or two if they get dispelled almost immediately.

The only explanation I have for this is that he can control how much he divides in to each clone but I feel like yes this may have been implied at some points but I can never actually remember an obvious example or statement of this.

So confused, what am I missing?


Some portion has to go back to the original after the clone is dispelled. Otherwise his method of balancing energy with clones to quickly re-enter Sage Mode wouldn't work.
 

V h o

Kage in the Making 👑
Legendary
16,796 posts 815 reactions
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
16,796
Reaction score
815
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Chakra goes back to original. Thought that's why original gets experience from clone when they disappear.
 

Oblivionx

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
4,526 posts 204 reactions
Joined
Apr 29, 2013
Messages
4,526
Reaction score
204
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Some portion has to go back to the original after the clone is dispelled. Otherwise his method of balancing energy with clones to quickly re-enter Sage Mode wouldn't work.

this. I think the chakra clone uses in attacks is used but remaining chakra goes back to user. If this wasn't the case then naruto wouldn't be able to enter SM with clones.
 

Darth AniCetuS

Kage in the Making 👑
Legendary
14,091 posts 838 reactions
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
14,091
Reaction score
838
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
It goes back to the original.
 

Ansatsuken

Legendary Shinobi 🐸
Supreme
27,345 posts 3,810 reactions
Joined
Jul 23, 2014
Messages
27,345
Reaction score
3,810
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Actually after Naruto pulls out thousand of clones he let his clones do the work first while he waiting for an opportunity. This also help him conserves his chakra and also replenish if possible. Also all the clones chakra will go back to Naruto after they get destroy.
 

Merkel

Leaf Village Regular 🍃
Regular
534 posts 47 reactions
Joined
Apr 13, 2015
Messages
534
Reaction score
47
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
this. I think the chakra clone uses in attacks is used but remaining chakra goes back to user. If this wasn't the case then naruto wouldn't be able to enter SM with clones.

Some portion has to go back to the original after the clone is dispelled. Otherwise his method of balancing energy with clones to quickly re-enter Sage Mode wouldn't work.

Yeah that was what I intially thought until I realised I had just assumed it without any actual evidence, it's just odd that it was never mentioned. Besides using chakra for ninjutsu I think it also takes some level of chakra to maintain the clones because I remember Kakashi mentioning something about being unable to maintain very many clones which implies that it takes more than just creating the clone.


Actually after Naruto pulls out thousand of clones he let his clones do the work first while he waiting for an opportunity. This also help him conserves his chakra and also replenish if possible. Also all the clones chakra will go back to Naruto after they get destroy.

Pretty clear you didn't read OP lmao.
 

Holy God

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
4,017 posts 164 reactions
Joined
Aug 30, 2014
Messages
4,017
Reaction score
164
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
You must be registered for see images
 

Ansatsuken

Legendary Shinobi 🐸
Supreme
27,345 posts 3,810 reactions
Joined
Jul 23, 2014
Messages
27,345
Reaction score
3,810
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Yeah that was what I intially thought until I realised I had just assumed it without any actual evidence, it's just odd that it was never mentioned. Besides using chakra for ninjutsu I think it also takes some level of chakra to maintain the clones because I remember Kakashi mentioning something about being unable to maintain very many clones which implies that it takes more than just creating the clone.




Pretty clear you didn't read OP lmao.

Either that I didnt read your OP or you dont get what I tried to tell you
 

SenseiSama

Kage in the Making 👑
Legendary
16,168 posts 926 reactions
Joined
Apr 17, 2015
Messages
16,168
Reaction score
926
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Because Naruto has the Yang affinity to use clones to their max, it's why he was also able to make clones of his avatar
 
Top