Merkel

Regular
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is established that using shadow clones divides the users chakra equally right?
For example if Naruto makes only one clone, that clone has 50% of his chakra. If he makes three they have 25% each plus 25% in the original etc etc etc.
Now what if the clone/s gets dispelled? Where does the chakra go? Down the drain is where I thought...
I can't recall it being stated that leftover chakra of clones is returned, in fact I've heard statements that directly contradict this.

If this is the case then how the **** does Naruto not run out of energy incredibly fast. Sure he may have incredibly high reserves but it seems like a waste to bust 50+% of his reserves on a clone or two if they get dispelled almost immediately.

The only explanation I have for this is that he can control how much he divides in to each clone but I feel like yes this may have been implied at some points but I can never actually remember an obvious example or statement of this.

So confused, what am I missing?

Nagi

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
plot no jutsu.

The more you look at it. It is starting to sound like every single shinobi have an inner dimension of chakra where their "dispelled" chakra return to that inner dimension.

ninjarasengan

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is established that using shadow clones divides the users chakra equally right?
For example if Naruto makes only one clone, that clone has 50% of his chakra. If he makes three they have 25% each plus 25% in the original etc etc etc.
Now what if the clone/s gets dispelled? Where does the chakra go? Down the drain is where I thought...
I can't recall it being stated that leftover chakra of clones is returned, in fact I've heard statements that directly contradict this.

If this is the case then how the **** does Naruto not run out of energy incredibly fast. Sure he may have incredibly high reserves but it seems like a waste to bust 50+% of his reserves on a clone or two if they get dispelled almost immediately.

The only explanation I have for this is that he can control how much he divides in to each clone but I feel like yes this may have been implied at some points but I can never actually remember an obvious example or statement of this.

So confused, what am I missing?

Some portion has to go back to the original after the clone is dispelled. Otherwise his method of balancing energy with clones to quickly re-enter Sage Mode wouldn't work.

Oblivionx

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Some portion has to go back to the original after the clone is dispelled. Otherwise his method of balancing energy with clones to quickly re-enter Sage Mode wouldn't work.
this. I think the chakra clone uses in attacks is used but remaining chakra goes back to user. If this wasn't the case then naruto wouldn't be able to enter SM with clones.

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Actually after Naruto pulls out thousand of clones he let his clones do the work first while he waiting for an opportunity. This also help him conserves his chakra and also replenish if possible. Also all the clones chakra will go back to Naruto after they get destroy.

Merkel

Regular
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
this. I think the chakra clone uses in attacks is used but remaining chakra goes back to user. If this wasn't the case then naruto wouldn't be able to enter SM with clones.
Yeah that was what I intially thought until I realised I had just assumed it without any actual evidence, it's just odd that it was never mentioned. Besides using chakra for ninjutsu I think it also takes some level of chakra to maintain the clones because I remember Kakashi mentioning something about being unable to maintain very many clones which implies that it takes more than just creating the clone.

Actually after Naruto pulls out thousand of clones he let his clones do the work first while he waiting for an opportunity. This also help him conserves his chakra and also replenish if possible. Also all the clones chakra will go back to Naruto after they get destroy.
Pretty clear you didn't read OP lmao.

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah that was what I intially thought until I realised I had just assumed it without any actual evidence, it's just odd that it was never mentioned. Besides using chakra for ninjutsu I think it also takes some level of chakra to maintain the clones because I remember Kakashi mentioning something about being unable to maintain very many clones which implies that it takes more than just creating the clone.

Pretty clear you didn't read OP lmao.
Either that I didnt read your OP or you dont get what I tried to tell you