NarutoBase and the Boruto series

How do you feel about the Boruto series so far?

• I love it.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I like it.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • I dislike it.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Manga and anime NOW ARE HYPE AS FK.

But when the byakuya arc was airing i could have rated a dislike. But not now!

I love it! KAWAKI GREATNESS COMING!!

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
For the most part, a huge let down, and a substantial downgrade in quality from what Kishimoto built ground up, a universe that previously had a lot to explore but now has been regressed to a one-dimensional narrative that can't stop jerking off to the Jougan. There's a ton of things I could say about the series, amongst the fact Boruto is the Gohan of this series that we never wanted... Mostly because he can't wear those boots (pun intended). They got us hooked with the future flash forward but even the magic in that won't hold out if they keep slacking this series with unmoving content. We're like 60 episodes in and there's still no substantial plot or anything that the series could say it's grounded on and could expand in later arcs, there's no foresight at all, and the writers seemingly just write for the few episodes because they're extremely aware of how the fans are piqued by habit, and would put up with about anything on the rubbish side as long as Sasuke and Naruto's heads are reered in between all the bs. In summation, it's a cash cow, and nothing more than a means for Kishimoto to have a golden casket and more digits into his account he'll have euphorically obtained from our unsuspecting fanism. Series bs and yeah, I could be as habitually hooked as every other fan is, and it's mostly because I made the grand mistake of wanting to see how Sarada and Mitsuki will grow in their powers and whether Mitsuki will keep wrecking ass and whether Sarada is indeed an Itachi revival in feminine form. Anyway, I don't really care how it bodes in ranking or whether it spirals down into shit-hood like I'm expecting, though I'll always hang around to peek into the aforementioned progress, unless someone is willing to write me progress reports so I wouldn't have to torture eyes watching what won't become more than a shell of the old series.

Last edited:

GetsugaTenshou

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Forgettable 2D villains, contrived conflict, prosaic writing, nerfing and mishandling of characters from the original, awful pacing, continuous rehashes, glorified filler (sorry, 'draft material') and a forgettable soundtrack, OPs and EDs for the anime. Can't be bothered enough to actively dislike it though so I guess I'm neutral but it's quite clearly subpar in comparison to other manga and anime. I would much rather it didn't exist and we got a short anime with Naruto, Sasuke and the rest of the K12 in the blank period though

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wait until Itachi gets revived
Sarada was the second coming of Itachi without the Aids but got sidelined because it's Boruto's story.

OT: It's really bad, manga or anime it's all about Boruto and everybody praising him or riding him. I'll give the anime a little respect in that it does give some focus to other characters. I've said it before the anime if Boruto (character) didn't exist then we could have something really special different and unqiue. The main character ass pulls, has unrivalled plot armour and handouts for the heck of it. Is also pretty much Naruto, he even has TNJ.

If they cancel it or restart by removing Boruto and have kishi at the helm then anything's possible.

Solidus Solidus Solidus

Elite
Kin
13💸
Kumi
2,503💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sarada was the second coming of Itachi without the Aids but got sidelined because it's Boruto's story.

OT: It's really bad, manga or anime it's all about Boruto and everybody praising him or riding him. I'll give the anime a little respect in that it does give some focus to other characters. I've said it before the anime if Boruto (character) didn't exist then we could have something really special different and unqiue. The main character ass pulls, has unrivalled plot armour and handouts for the heck of it. Is also pretty much Naruto, he even has TNJ.

If they cancel it or restart by removing Boruto and have kishi at the helm then anything's possible.
Sarada > Madara

Reactions: Vulpini

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sarada > Madara
Nice fanfic.

I've alway advocated that Madara be cloned and living in Konoha. Also Sasuke would be trying to off him because of who he is. Naruto not letting him off him because of who he is. The Clone Madara is struggling with Madara's actions, his own existence and relationships ships with others. Let's face it he did nearly wipe out the entire world there's bound to be tension everywhere. He'd have an ever shifting personality and goals because of the constant internal strife. Since he's not an incarnate power scaling can be adjusted so we have real ninja once again.

While Sarada wanting to be Hokage and knowing of Madara, he's a clone, she possesses Sasuke's personality would be struggling with what to do(off him or not). She wants to become Hokage(like Narut and protect her village(Itachi) and friends. Maybe the tension of trying to reconcile herself not being the only Uchiha with what dangers Madara poses. It would be a good setting for a Sarada vs Madara while they're both dealing with the threats around them being ninja and all.

It would allow for the makings of a great story and potential future developments. We wouldn't have more of the same trash we currently have.

Ps. Throw in Kakashi's kid we definitely need a Kakashi to the story.

Last edited:

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Forgettable 2D villains, contrived conflict, prosaic writing, nerfing and mishandling of characters from the original, awful pacing, continuous rehashes, glorified filler (sorry, 'draft material') and a forgettable soundtrack, OPs and EDs for the anime. Can't be bothered enough to actively dislike it though so I guess I'm neutral but it's quite clearly subpar in comparison to other manga and anime. I would much rather it didn't exist and we got a short anime with Naruto, Sasuke and the rest of the K12 in the blank period though
Basically this. I don't dislike it but i sure as heck don't like it either. Not truly captivating enough and currently if not for Shinki and supposed new content (possibly Gaara having a prolonged fight), i would not be keeping tabs just like i did after the dreaded episode 17. And i don't even read the manga.

At the rate this is going, i even have a bad feeling about the timeskip.