NarutoX28

Elite
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm going to keep this thread short and sweet as I'm at school, so no scans will be provided. Hopefully at a later time, I can provide Databook statements and Manga Scans, likely in another thread.

Sasuke fans tend to believe that Naruto is unintelligent. I did think the same way, but I don't think that's a good way of describing him. A more accurate term is that Naruto's not much of a logical thinker. He goes about things very differently because he's more of a kinesthetic learner. That was made clear during his training for FRS with Kakashi or the fact that he began improving his chakra control with Ebisu's training by actually performing the task at hand.

That's not to say Naruto can't think for himself. It was highly emphasized that Jiraiya wanted Naruto to mature and think for himself and that was made clear with his Rasengan training. Jiraiya merely guided Naruto in the right path by explaining the gist of how to perform the technique and what that step enables Naruto to do, but it was Naruto's training and observation skills that actually enabled him to accomplish each task. The first step is an example of that. Naruto recognized his disadvantages and acknowledged them. He knew that at the time, he could not release the chakra and caused it to rotate in multiple different directions, so he handled the shape manipulation of the task through his clones. This is a very clever tactic that Naruto used as he recognized his strengths which are his clones and used it to perfect the jutsu.

Naruto also learns new concepts and uses them to perfect techniques. Jiraiya trained Naruto to use Kurama's Chakra and through that, Naruto used that to create a new technique, the Oodama Rasengan which is significantly more powerful than a normal Rasengan according to Chiyo's and even Kishimoto's perspective. Naruto used Kurama's chakra which is only exclusive to him and can only be used by him other than Sage Users, Skilled Uchiha, and Rikudou Enhanced ninja. Naruto recognized that he had unbelievable amounts of Stamina, esp. through Kurama's Chakra, so he used what he learned through Jiraiya's training along with Kurama's Chakra to perform an even greater technique that could only be naturally performed by him. In addition to this, Naruto's FRS was only 50% complete, so he acknowledged that it was an incomplete jutsu, so he used his Sennin training to perfect the jutsu. He realized what Sennin Mode was capable of and as a result, used it to enhance FRS even further by strengthening the jutsu and actually created Naruto's first long-range jutsu.

And while Naruto could be brain-dead, that doesn't mean he can't think for himself. Naruto learned a lot and utilized Kage Bushins very intelligently as shown with Asuma's explanation. Through that, Naruto actually had a better grasp of Futon manipulation and used it to master elemental recomposition. In addition to this, Naruto's typical clone strategy was countered by Kakuzu, so he quickly thought up of another strategy on the spot and landed a deadly blow against a far more experienced ninja than Naruto was. Naruto even devised a clever strategy that almost enabled Naruto and Sasuke to tag Kaguya.

Basically, Naruto's very clever in how he goes about training and while he did receive support, he's not the one who can't think for himself and use what he's learned to do things on his own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick01 and kimb

kimb

Veteran
Kin
67💸
Kumi
703💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm going to keep this thread short and sweet as I'm at school, so no scans will be provided. Hopefully at a later time, I can provide Databook statements and Manga Scans, likely in another thread....

TL;DR Version: Naruto's stupid, but is a genius when it comes to fighting.

NarutoX28

Elite
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I retired from the reading game back in 09', you should have known better. If it aint manga or DMs, I'm not reading it. :coffee:
Wasn't referring to you specifically. I was just cracking a joke.

I'm at school, but I'll do better next time by providing scans or DB statements.

Claymantan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was said in the manga a couple of times. In combat, he has the intuition of a prankster, because that's all he did growing up.

In battle, he can analyze the situation pretty well too. During the Pain fight, . He doesn't actually need Kurama or the frogs or whomever to analyze battles. He could have probably figured out Shinra Tensei on his own.

Hell, during the VOTE2 fight, Kurama's role was less to advise Naruto and more to explain the balance between Sasuke and Naruto, as well as to be Sasuke's hype-man xD