Kin
68💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
^^ Title.

Let me explain exactly why I think he's not dead:

- He's the most popular character, as he's (was) the main character for 15 years during the original manga's run;

- He was close to death a couple of times and he survived them all, I'm pretty sure that he's going to survive this as well;

- Some fan favorites like Itachi and Jiraiya had really memorable and epic deaths and I'm pretty sure they CANNOT and will NOT outshine the eventual death of the titular character;

- Naruto and Sasuke have been constantly developing during Part II, while Sakura only got some kind of a development during the War Arc, which was pretty much at the end of the original manga, so I think that Sakura still have things to do featwise - and what's better than saving the most important character from death?

- Kawaki mentions in the timeskip that he "sent the Seventh Hokage somewhere", so unless Isshiki somehow managed to brand him with another Karma and Momoshiki was wrong when he said that Isshiki was completely destroyed, and that was actually Isshiki talking via Kawaki's body, and that's highly unlikely, then Naruto has absolutely zero chance of dying anytime soon.

- Naruto could be in a coma or something, or lose his ability to be a ninja, but that's unlikely as well, because he'd have to step down as Hokage and there's no one around who can take the mantle right now. Konohamaru is nowhere near as strong as it's required, Sarada is too young and not strong enough yet and I don't think that Kishi will make Sasuke a Hokage, even if it's temporary.

So all cool, I think that things will settle for the next couple of months, so after the action in the last half a year, I think that we're in for some calm chapters. Everyone knows Momoshiki's weakness and how to prevent Boruto from being possessed, only Code remains of the loyal Kara members and I don't think he has any serious role to play in the upcoming chapters, and with Isshiki dead, Amado and possibly KK becoming allies of Konoha, the threat of "Kara" is no more, so my prediction is there is no more major stuff to happen before the timeskip.

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
^^ Title.

Let me explain exactly why I think he's not dead:

- He's the most popular character, as he's (was) the main character for 15 years during the original manga's run;

- He was close to death a couple of times and he survived them all, I'm pretty sure that he's going to survive this as well;

- Some fan favorites like Itachi and Jiraiya had really memorable and epic deaths and I'm pretty sure they CANNOT and will NOT outshine the eventual death of the titular character;

- Naruto and Sasuke have been constantly developing during Part II, while Sakura only got some kind of a development during the War Arc, which was pretty much at the end of the original manga, so I think that Sakura still have things to do featwise - and what's better than saving the most important character from death?

- Kawaki mentions in the timeskip that he "sent the Seventh Hokage somewhere", so unless Isshiki somehow managed to brand him with another Karma and Momoshiki was wrong when he said that Isshiki was completely destroyed, and that was actually Isshiki talking via Kawaki's body, and that's highly unlikely, then Naruto has absolutely zero chance of dying anytime soon.

- Naruto could be in a coma or something, or lose his ability to be a ninja, but that's unlikely as well, because he'd have to step down as Hokage and there's no one around who can take the mantle right now. Konohamaru is nowhere near as strong as it's required, Sarada is too young and not strong enough yet and I don't think that Kishi will make Sasuke a Hokage, even if it's temporary.

So all cool, I think that things will settle for the next couple of months, so after the action in the last half a year, I think that we're in for some calm chapters. Everyone knows Momoshiki's weakness and how to prevent Boruto from being possessed, only Code remains of the loyal Kara members and I don't think he has any serious role to play in the upcoming chapters, and with Isshiki dead, Amado and possibly KK becoming allies of Konoha, the threat of "Kara" is no more, so my prediction is there is no more major stuff to happen before the timeskip.
I agree that he is probably not dead, but I disagree with some of your reasons. I will address your bullet points one by one.

1. I don't think his popularity matters. Kishi already green lighted the killing of any of the old generation characters. Naruto is not the main character anymore. Boruto is.

2. Just because he survived all of his previous near death situations doesn't mean that he will survive this one. Furthermore, Naruto was the main character when those previous situations occurred. He is not anymore.

3. It doesn't matter how Jiraiya and Itachi died. Also, Naruto is not the titular character anymore (his name is technically still in the title, but Boruto is the real titular character now).

4. Sakura already accomplished the important feat of saving the main character from death back during the war when Kurama was extracted. She has also accomplished many more feats, so she is not as lacking in feats as you suggest. Furthermore, Sakura is not the main heroine anymore just as Naruto is not the main character anymore, so Sakura doesn't need all of this extra development at this point. Sarada is the heroine now.

5. I agree with you on this point that Kawaki has to send Naruto somewhere.

6. It is not unlikely for Naruto to have to step down as hokage or be in a coma or something like that because there are still options for responses to Naruto's absence. Kakashi could come out of retirement just as Hiruzen did when Minato died. Sasuke or Sakura could also become the 8th hokage.

All in all, I think that you have fallen victim to the common fan denial. In other words, it seems like you really do not want to embrace the fact that Naruto's generation is no longer the main character cast. It is about Boruto's generation.

The reason why I think Naruto is not dead is because of point number 5 and because of how the chapter left off on a cliffhanger pertaining to Naruto's status. If Naruto was dead, the end of the chapter would have confirmed that Naruto was dead. It wouldn't just end with Sasuke saying "No way".

Reactions: Infant

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The reason why I think Naruto is not dead is because of point number 5 and because of how the chapter left off on a cliffhanger pertaining to Naruto's status. If Naruto was dead, the end of the chapter would have confirmed that Naruto was dead. It wouldn't just end with Sasuke saying "No way".
Actually, it doesn't have to.

These authors havemade a habit of leaving us with cliffhangers, to make us wanna read the next chapter.

Besides that, " no way" is a pretty stronf remark. Its actually less of a cliff than the previous chapters.

So just as you did with above, i disagree with your reasoning, not your point

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Actually, it doesn't have to.

These authors havemade a habit of leaving us with cliffhangers, to make us wanna read the next chapter.

Besides that, " no way" is a pretty stronf remark. Its actually less of a cliff than the previous chapters.

So just as you did with above, i disagree with your reasoning, not your point
Respectable.

However, I would like to say this:

It's true that authors leave us on cliffhangers to make us excited for the next chapter. However, let's say that hypothetically Naruto is dead. Would they just confirm it for us on the first page of the next chapter? That would be a pretty weird move. Think about past situations like this.

Remember chapter 614 of Naruto when Neji died? He died on the last page of the chapter. The ending text then said something like "The genius Neji takes his final breath" or something like that. In other words, we knew that Neji was dead.

Now, it would have been odd and awkward if chapter 614 ended with Neji seemingly about to lose consciousness or about to die (with the ending text asking a cliffhanger-esque question like "Is this the end for Neji?"), and then on the first page of chapter 615 he just dies. When does that ever happen?

In fact, even in the previous chapter, 613, Shikaku/Inoichi had been killed by the juubi's bijuudama. The explosion happened at the end of the chapter, and the ending text said "Shikaku's battalion lost in battle". In other words, they were confirmed dead. There was no cliffhanger. It wasn't like the chapter ended with the bijuudama flying through the air (with the ending text asking "Will it actually hit HQ?"), and then the bomb actually hit on the first page of chapter 614.

Whenever, a major death like this happens, it generally happens/is confirmed at the end of the chapter. It is not teased at the end of the chapter, only for it to just be true and confirmed at the beginning of the next chapter.

Usually when the end of the chapter teases a death (and doesn't confirm it), something happens at the beginning/throughout the next chapter that will save the character that was teased to be dying.

Example:

When Obito attached a truth seeking ball to Minato, the ball was about to explode and kill Naruto, Sasuke and Minato. That was the cliffhanger for that chapter. Then, in the first pages of the next chapter, Tobirama came in, grabbed the ball and teleported it and Obito away before the ball could explode.

Do you see what I mean?

General rule of thumb:

Confirmed dead at the end of the chapter = character is actually dead.

Tease of death at end of chapter = character will most likely be saved in the next chapter.

Reactions: Infant

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Respectable.

It's true that authors leave us on cliffhangers to make us excited for the next chapter. However, let's say that hypothetically Naruto is dead. Would they just confirm it for us on the first page of the next chapter? That would be a pretty weird move. Think about past situations like this.

Remember chapter 614 of Naruto when Neji died? He died on the last page of the chapter. The ending text then said something like "The genius Neji takes his final breath" or something like that. In other words, we knew that Neji was dead.

Now, it would have been odd and awkward if chapter 614 ended with Neji seemingly about to lose consciousness or about to die (with the ending text asking a cliffhanger-esque question like "Is this the end for Neji?"), and then on the first page of chapter 615 he just dies. When does that ever happen?

In fact, even in the previous chapter, 613, Shikaku/Inoichi had been killed by the juubi's bijuudama. The explosion happened at the end of the chapter, and the ending text said "Shikaku's battalion lost in battle". In other words, they were confirmed dead. There was no cliffhanger. It wasn't like the chapter ended with the bijuudama flying through the air (with the ending text asking "Will it actually hit HQ?"), and then the bomb actually hit on the first page of chapter 614.

Whenever, a major death like this happens, it generally happens/is confirmed at the end of the chapter. It is not teased at the end of the chapter, only for it to just be true and confirmed at the beginning of the next chapter.

Usually when the end of the chapter teases a death (and doesn't confirm it), something happens at the beginning/throughout the next chapter that will save the character that was teased to be dying.

Example:

When Obito attached a truth seeking ball to Minato, the ball was about to explode and kill Naruto, Sasuke and Minato. That was the cliffhanger for that chapter. Then, in the first pages of the next chapter, Tobirama came in, grabbed the ball and teleported it and Obito away before the ball could explode.

Do you see what I mean?

General rule of thumb:

Tease of death at end of chapter = character will most likely be saved in the next chapter.
Neji . . .

Sorry, i need some time

• Haha
Reactions: Troi

DHOH

Elite
Kin
886💸
Kumi
425💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dead or not, Naruto and Sasuke roles are essentially over. Isshiki is gone, the rest is up to Boruto or Kawaki. The manga sucks anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Troi

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Respectable.

Example:

Do you see what I mean?

General rule of thumb:

Great analysis

However, that was with a fundamentally different author, with a different audience, market, maturity, universe and agenda.

If just one of those is different, we can have a very different trend. Now, most of those are different.

Kakooli

Elite
Kin
3,920💸
Kumi
1,401💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here is my lakookie theory nd i expected a lot praize and gifts when it come true:

Naruto is not dead but he is in deep coma... He is basically gonna be vegetable like carrot or japati sitting in bed... this is because kurama is dead... remember he say barryon modo will keep going until ONE of them die and since he can reincarnate at some point and naruto is beloved character, it make sense that kurama died...

but how will jinjuriki live without beast that give them free chakras?!??! well my answer is that somehow kurama chakra in naruto prosthetic hand will be his life support machine... a little kurama chakra to keep him alive but only in vegetable state

because naruto is in vegetable state, he will be as good as dead to kawaki, who will feel responsible... that's what he means when he will send boruto to where naruto coon is, he does mean a afterlife...

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great analysis

However, that was with a fundamentally different author, with a different audience, market, maturity, universe and agenda.

If just one of those is different, we can have a very different trend. Now, most of those are different.
Kishimoto is writing the manga again, so no it is not a different author. Most of the readers of the Boruto manga are those who read the Naruto manga, so no the audience is not different, nor is the market. The maturity of the story is not really different. The Boruto universe takes place in the same universe as Naruto. Agenda... Can't really say much about that, as that would require me to be able to see the future.

Nevertheless, I disagree with your point here. You make it out to be some sort of trend that varies from author to author or personal style. However, this is not a matter of personal style. It is a matter of logical sense.

Think about it:

What sense does the following scene make?:

*Naruto passes out*
Sasuke: "No way"
chapter ends

Fans: Is he dead? Is he not dead?
*Waits a month*

*One month later*
First page of chapter 55
Sasuke: "He's dead!"
Fans: Well why didn't you just say that last chapter?

How much sense does the above scenario make? None. The following scenario makes way more sense:

*Naruto passes out*
Sasuke: "No way... He's dead!"
chapter ends

The above would be simple and to the point and it would still excite fans for the next chapter and we would still have plenty to talk about.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kishimoto is writing the manga again, so no it is not a different author. Most of the readers of the Boruto manga are those who read the Naruto manga, so no the audience is not different, nor is the market. The maturity of the story is not really different. The Boruto universe takes place in the same universe as Naruto. Agenda... Can't really say much about that, as that would require me to be able to see the future.

Nevertheless, I disagree with your point here. You make it out to be some sort of trend that varies from author to author or personal style. However, this is not a matter of personal style. It is a matter of logical sense.

Think about it:

What sense does the following scene make?:

*Naruto passes out*
Sasuke: "No way"
chapter ends

Fans: Is he dead? Is he not dead?
*Waits a month*

*One month later*
First page of chapter 55
Sasuke: "He's dead!"
Fans: Well why didn't you just say that last chapter?

How much sense does the above scenario make? None. The following scenario makes way more sense:

*Naruto passes out*
Sasuke: "No way... He's dead!"
chapter ends

The above would be simple and to the point and it would still excite fans for the next chapter and we would still have plenty to talk about.
You mean he wrote the last chapter as well?

Same readers - who now know the script and won't fall for it again. Even then, theres a 10yr new gen of 12 year olds . . . And of course, we grew up, as proven by your own detailed analysis.

Market - new generation of teens. Also, market control is maintained by reinventing yourself, especially in entertainment arts. Besides the teens, even we have grown up.

Maturity - a story that begins with Zabuza talking about crossing the line between life and death, literal demons and social discrimination issues compared to one where kids are able to be useful against world threats (Sarada vs Blubby Guy, Chidori) . . .

Agenda - i was referring to market matters, propaganda and all that stuff, real world issues. You think this is just pure art and there's nothing more socio-political to it?

The next part uses your limited perspective (sorry to sound condescending) as though it is complete and can perceive everything. This conversation alone shows the value of not clarifying things. There's also the already-shown trend in this story of authors leaving us hanging to keep us buying. There are more reasons, but the main point is that a lack of evidence for something is not evidence against it, especially in the theoretical, arts, fiction discussion.