Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I think there are tthree reasons.
1- They didn't want him to grow up spoiled as the son of the hero of the village
2- For protection. The 4th wasen't liked by everyone ( other villages mostly) so people knowing he is related to the 4th could put him in danger.
3- Being the container of the 9-tailed fox and being the son of a hero would put pressure on him to do great things because others would expect it. By keeping his father' name secret they tried to give him a normal life. Even though it kinda backfired.
Good theories. But they went too far: he was neglected by everyone for 12 years. And the grownups knew Naruto had the kyubbi inside him, they were not aloud to tell their children, but they knew.

I think it had something to do with Danzou or the elders having a personal issue with the 4th. They did not want to reckon anything coming from the 4th, any legacy. Also, because jinjurikis names are top secret in each village, and they must have thought Naruto would go mad about saying his dad's name if he knew.

However, I think Naruto has realized (why me? why did the 4th chose me?) but would never speak about it, as he senses it is a taboo.

TLK

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Simple:

1. Plot development. We haven't got that far just yet, and to throw this in any soon would entail re-writing of the entire series.
2. Not many people know. Jiraiya knew, Sarutobi knew, the village elders know. Tsunade would have mentioned something to someone had she known, considering her brother and lover both had high aspirations to be hokage, and Naruto mirrors this. So the current hokage probably doesn't know. Arguably the only ones who can tell Naruto are the toads.

minato4th

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
tsunade knows

tusnade knows naruto is the son of the fourth and kushina uzumaki. she was talking about it with jiriaya in chapter 367. she talked about how naruto resembles more of his mother in persanality than the fourth but he does look alot like him.

Steinbiz

Veteran
Kin
18๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
27๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
if i was naruto, i'd wanna know that my dad was the best ninja ever. that would just push me to the edge to become better than him.

but since kakashi just told him that he will, then i guess he doesn't need to know anymore muahahahahah

Zepherin

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Knowing his heritage would have made major personality changes on Naruto. I agree that Kishi has left Naruto out of the loop for character development reasons. But also, because of us. The fans needed to see that Naruto is strong due to his own power. I think it was Kakashi that said something similar. Or maybe it was Yamato, I don't remember. But someone told him to rely on his own strength. Knowing he was the 4th's son right off the back would have made us all look at him differently.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that Naruto will learn the truth soon. As will all of Konoha. Though I think most of the adults already know. The 4th was practically a celebrity, I'm sure everyone knew his business.

I began theorizing that Naruto was the 4th's son in the very first chapters of the manga. I don't know how he grew up in Konoha, with the 4th's face carved into that mountain, and never once thought - hey, that looks a lot like me! Lol.

Xero

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Everobody who helped fight the Kyuubi 16 years ago knows exactly who contains the Kyuubi. Remember the village wide order not to speak about it? Why would so many people hate Naruto if they didn't know he had Kyuubi in him?

My guess is that they didn't want Naruto to grow up acting all high and might for being 'royalty' kind of like how Konohmaru was before he met Naruto. Also, Sage106 has a really, really good point.