Naruto 687 : Clearing up some misconceptions.

What do you think ?

• I agree.

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • I disagree

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Too long didn't read lol

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Alastor

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've noticed quite a few misconceptions and misinterpretations of the events for this week's chapter, which is why I've decided to create this thread in an attempt to clear this up. But first of all there is something really important I need to say :

By no means will I try to make up any excuses for either side, I'm merely here to present my own objective analysis of what happened in this chapter.
If you think I've made a mistake in any of my points (I'm only human after all) please feel free to politely point it out.
Also, If you are here to troll, hate or wank please abstain.I don't want any rude or impolite comments in this thread, let's be civil, people.

With that out of the way we can get started :

Misconception 1 : Naruto is faster than Sasuke's teleportation.
(I wanted to start with this one because it's the most common misconception people have)

Origin :
In the last chapter Naruto was shown successfully blitzing and ripoffing one of Kaguya's arms off, on the other hand Sasuke failed at landing his chidori despite using his rinnagan ability.
Flawed interpretation :
Naruto's blitz proves that his "raw speed" is superior to Sasuke's "teleportation"

Explanation&counter argument:
Truth be told, his is fairly silly misinterpretation caused by some people confusing two completely different kinds of speed : Movement speed and Attack speed.

1)Movement speed (Also known as "Travel speed)" : This is the speed at which a character travels a certain distance from a Point A to a point B. (Normally classified as either a "short distance" burst speed and "long distance" travel speed but this classification is fairly irrelevant in our case)
2)Attack speed : Falling under the category of "Combat speed", this is the speed at which a character can attack (duh) also decides how many attacks/second a character can launch.

For those who haven't noticed : Sasuke's Rinngan ability allows him to teleport from a certain point to another, thus it goes without saying that it falls under the category of movement speed.
"But what does this have to do with anything ?" Some of you might by asking, the answer to that is : Everything!
This basically means the the speed at which Sasuke moves from his initial point (A) to his destination point (B) is instant (In other words between the moment he disappears and the moment he appears no time passes), However anything past that is NOT, from the moment he appears whether or not his attack will land is completely decided by his own attack speed (teleportation no longer has anything to do with it).

A good example of this would be Minato's Hiraishin:
while his teleportation is instant, some characters still manage to counter his attack, so would that mean that those characters are "faster than instant" ? The answer to that is No! There is nothing faster than instant, even if you were to move billions of times faster than light you still wouldn't be faster than instant, because any kind of speed still requires a certain amount of time to be accomplished (even in the case of micro/Nanoseconds) while being instant means that no time is needed.

"So how do you explain people reacting To Hiraishin then ?"
The answer to that is very simple, Attack speed =/= Movement speed. As previously stated, Hiraishin allows the user to move from a point A to a point B instantly, but anything after that is decided by the user's attack speed. I'll show scans to help you understand.

This is when Hiraishin is in effect : Between the moment Minato moved from point A to point B :
You must be registered for see images
Now that the teleportation is over, anything past this point is decided by Minato's own attack speed (swinging his arm to hit with the rasengan), which is why we can see Madara successfully countering despite not being "faster than instant"
As you should have understood by now, the exact same principle applies to Sasuke's teleportation.
He is instant between the time he moves from spot A to spot B :
While past this point, his attack successfully landing or not is decided by his own attack speed (how fast can he charge it, make the forward step and swing his arm) which is why Kaguya was able to dodge despite not being faster than instant :

Conclusion :
Based on all this, It's clear that Naruto's feat doesn't make him faster than sasuke's teleportation but actually proves that his attack speed in this instance was faster than Sasuke's
(I believe that there is more context to this feat but let's keep it as that for now).

Misconception 2 : Naruto tagged Kaguya because Sasuke teleported him.

Origin
In the last page of the previous chapter right after Black Zetsu's mockery of Obito's death, We can see the Naruto who was previously a few meters on the ground, suddenly appearing in front of Kaguya and cutting her arm off mid-speech
Flawed interpretation
Naruto's sudden appearance would suggest that sasuke used his Rinnegan ability to teleport him so he could land the hit.
While this might seem to be a plausible explanation at first, there is one basic element that proves it wrong : Gudoudamas.
As we know from the fight against Obito, teleporting a Goududama's user will cause the flying ones to get separated from him for a short moment :
However, in Naruto's case his Gudoudama's were still right behind him :
Conclusion :
Based on this, I think we can safely assume that Naruto used his own speed to reach and attack Kaguya.

Misconception 3 : Sasuke didn't successfully hit kagya with his Chidori because he wasn't really trying but just playing decoy
Origin:
Right after his failed chidori, sasuke states that he will play the decoy.
Flawed interpretation :
People believe that sasuke wasn't actually trying to hit Kaguya, and that his statement makes his previous intentions clear.
Not only is it clear that Sasuke only talked about decoy after using his attack, he also employed the future tense further proving that his decoy strategy hadn't started yet :
Furthermore, Sasuke's attack at that time was too well thought to be a simple decoy : Kaguya was exhausted, and still unable to move due to the gravity dimension, while Sasuke, thanks to his Rinnegan, was able to teleport to her side and somehow move while attacking with a Chidori, Which he decided to use to his advantage.
Sasuke himself was surprised when Kaguya escaped :

Conclusion:
Sasuke wasn't playing decoy when he attacked, his intention was clearly to take advantage of the gravity effect on Kaguya to his advantage in order to inflict some damage. unfortunately his own plan worked against him, since the increased gravity delayed him (making rising his hand, stepping forward and launching a slightly horizontal attack harder) giving Kaguya enough time to notice his blitz, thus change the dimension to escape.

Misconception 4 : Sasuke's failed chidori was a waste of time and effort since Kaguya would have changed dimensions anyway

Origin :
Not long before sasuke's attempted blitz, Kaguya had nearly run out of chakra and was advised by black Zetsu to go back to the first dimension.
Flawed interpretation :
Kaguya was about to change dimensions anyway, so sasuke's attack was pointless all along.
Kaguya was not planning on changing the entire dimension, she most likely was just planning to use a portal to teleport leaving the others there, this can be proven by several elements :

1) Changing the entire dimension is too chakra taxing : Kaguya was always opening portals to move, the only instances where she switched everyone were

*) Lava dimension : She wanted to take everyone away to avoid harming the God Tree, and tried this dimension to both do that and because she thought she could just make everyone fall into lave (she had no idea Naruto cloud fly)
*) Ice dimension : She only did so to protect herself from Naruto and Sasuke's sealing at the last moment.
Other than that she constantly used portals to move.
Further proof that switching the entire dimension costs more chakra :
Black Zetsu warned Kaguya that switching dimensions was too chakra taxing, as a result she stopped changing the dimensions for everyone.
While the meaning of this statement should be obvious, I suspect some people will still argue that he cloud be referring to portals. Therefore I'll debunk it with this scan :
Kaguya was still using portals despite the chakra warning and the only reason BZ asked her to stop doing it, was in order to avoid Naruto getting into one and somehow reaching sasuke, Chakra was never even hinted to be the issue.
Additionally, as soon as BZ asked her to stop worrying about chakra she immediately changed dimensions again :
This should make it obvious : Kaguya was planning on using a portal.

2)It's more strategically useful for her to only move herself :
Kaguya was planning on leaving the gravity dimension so that BZ can restore her chakra faster, it would be utterly moronic for an exhausted Kaguya to take everyone with her when she knew that they were still in a fairly good condition and that that will get in her way stopping her from resting.

3)Her ability to control the gravity of the dimension would have been too big of an advantage : Basically she cloud just increase the gravity to it's max to pin down everyone, then move only herself to the main dimension. The advantage from this would be that the increased gravity would further strain everyone and make resting impossible for them, while she (in the main dimension) could recover fully. Once fully recovered she would just come back and use her spear bones to finish off everyone like she originally planned.
Conclusion :
Even though it might have been unintentional, Sasuke forcing her to switch the dimension to escape his chidori blitz ruined Kaguya's plan of recovering and saved them from a certain death.

I think that's all for now folks, any opinions are welcome as long as you remain polite. =D

Last edited:

Alastor

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If Sasuke teleported him we would have seen a panel with his eye activating. So misconseptions like this would not have occured from the start. Naruto is faster.
We didn't see his eye activating either when he moved Madara, but don't worry I debunked that misconception.

The damage control is real.
Y U do dis ? :(
Thank you I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Good thread.
Thanks man :D
K den. But I'm only being objective here lol

legarcon

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i think that your right about kaguya spendinga lot of chakra when changing dimensions and i also think that kaguya got her arm ripped off cause she was tired, but sasuke said he would be the decoy when they were already in the core dimension not before trying to chidori kaguya, i also think kaguya bringing them to the core dimension was a happy accident but i think kaguya was hit cause she was tired, and sasuke was playing decoy therefore he did not try big moves it was more to keep her busy, so she was weak and busy at the time and that explains why naruto could get to ripped off her arm

Alastor

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i think that your right about kaguya spendinga lot of chakra when changing dimensions and i also think that kaguya got her arm ripped off cause she was tired, but sasuke said he would be the decoy when they were already in the core dimension not before trying to chidori kaguya, i also think kaguya bringing them to the core dimension was a happy accident but i think kaguya was hit cause she was tired, and sasuke was playing decoy therefore he did not try big moves it was more to keep her busy, so she was weak and busy at the time and that explains why naruto could get to ripped off her arm
I wouldn't blame Kaguya losing her arm on just her being tired, it was a good speed feat for Naruto.
Other than that, it's pretty much my same reasoning. :)
Everyone who is being sincere to themselves knows this, great thread btw

Swagdara Uchiha

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why are people so offended at the fact that Naruto is stronger? It's always common in anime for the Main character to be stronger, Sasuke is a Vegeta sure he is a main character too, but he will never be stronger than Naruto akin to how Vegeta was inferior to Goku (Which he even admitted in the end). Naruto's power will just keep growing beyond Sasuke's over time, what are we gonna need to prove that? Sasuke giving a speech about how much stronger Naruto is because of his love for others (Which Vegeta did)? Will it take that to finally prove all of these points?

riley freeman

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why are people so offended at the fact that Naruto is stronger? It's always common in anime for the Main character to be stronger, Sasuke is a Vegeta sure he is a main character too, but he will never be stronger than Naruto akin to how Vegeta was inferior to Goku (Which he even admitted in the end). Naruto's power will just keep growing beyond Sasuke's over time, what are we gonna need to prove that? Sasuke giving a speech about how much stronger Naruto is because of his love for others (Which Vegeta did)? Will it take that to finally prove all of these points?
He just makes a thread and you're assuming he's offended, if anything it looks like you're the one offered, he explained all his reasons with great detail and you're bashing him?? okay.

P.S: this is naruto, not dragon ball so, please stop making assumption

Alastor

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

No one is offended here, I don't see why people think that giving an objective interpretation makes you "offended" or counts as "damage control", this post is just my opinion I cloud be wrong or I could be right, but I surely have no ulterior motives... :dunno:

Jin

Supreme
Kin
2,211💸
Kumi
568💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
HHmmmm, it could be, but i might add something else.
So lets firstly take the dimension where Obito was Killed. The gravity was too heavy, right ?
Now lets go to Sasuke's attack. He used his Rinnengan power to instantly teleport to Kaguya(though the gravity being heavy), but in the meanwhile, Kaguya changed dimensions, changing to a dimension with lighter gravity than the previous one. So, what I'm trying to say is this, while Sasuke had 'adjusted' his technique for the heavy-gravitational dimension, when Kaguya changed the dimension, it created a flaw in Sasukes attack, thus giving Kaguya the chance. Let me take an example. Imagine yourself running in water( it's harder than running on earth, right?). Then imagine if the terrain was changed and you were running in court. Do you get it ? You can't adjust yourself at the moment the places are changed. So that's basically what happened to Sasuke. He wasn't expecting the dimensional change, thus resulting in a moment of hesitation, which gave Kaguya the time to dodge the attack.
As for Naruto being faster than Sasuke, well, I can't completely agree. Let's take in consideration 2 factors. The first one is the dimension. Sasukes teleportation was made in a dimension with a heavy gravitational field, while Narutos attack was in a dimension with a normal gravitational field. So what I am trying to say, It's pretty easy to move in the current dimension. So Naruto was basically lighter than in the other dimension. Some might say that she could have dodged that attack by changing dimensions but no. First of all she didn't have enough chakra, secondly she was busy fighting Sasuke and wasn't expecting Naruto so blitz at that moment. So that was the second factor.( Kaguyas lack of chakra and the hard time she was having with sasuke.
P.S
Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes but i was writing this from my phone.
I could give some more examples but my battery is dying >.<

Swagdara Uchiha

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He just makes a thread and you're assuming he's offended, if anything it looks like you're the one offered, he explained all his reasons with great detail and you're bashing him?? okay.

P.S: this is naruto, not dragon ball so, please stop making assumption

No one is offended here, I don't see why people think that giving an objective interpretation makes you "offended" or counts as "damage control", this post is just my opinion I cloud be wrong or I could be right, but I surely have no ulterior motives... :dunno:
lol I'm speaking in general not this thread sorry. It's just that you see these almost every week when a feat is done which gets pretty old.

Reactions: riley freeman