Awards
You must be registered for see images

Basic Information

Name: Nanashi
Nickname: /
Clan: Akimichi

Looks:
Nanashi is fairly tall and muscular, measuring around six feet and two inches. His appearance is as follows: Nanashi has shoulder length black hair which he usually ties back in a spiky ponytail and he has jaw-length bangs which frame either side of his face. Nanashi has maroon colored eyes and thin black eyebrows. He has two scars on his face; one that vertically goes through his right eye and one horizontally above his left cheek. How he got those is still unknown, though we assume that they were the result of an all-out fight with swords or other sharp weapons. As clothing, Nanashi mostly wears the same outfit which consists out of several layers. He wears a black vest with a white collar. Above that vest, Nanashi wears a short sleeved coat. The coat has a dark beige rim and is dark navy blue around the shoulder area whilst the rest of the coat is beige. His forearms are covered with cloth which are also dark navy blue colored. Nanashi wears dark blue, loose fitting three-quarter pants with a grey belt. As shoes, Nanashi wears sandals and black socks. He is also often seen wearing a conical straw hat and a katana with a red hilt on his left hip.​

Personality:
Nanashi has a remarkable personality: He is regarded as kindhearted, notably compassionate and patient. Often, he acts out of protective selflessness for his loved ones. Even though he is twenty years old, Nanashi retains a childlike purity; he often makes honest mistakes or comes over as a clumsy person. Despite this, Nanashi displays a significant high level of maturity when it is required, for example during formal events or battles. People with whom Nanashi interacts on a daily basis describe him as such: kind nature, loving, warming and always wanting the best for everyone he cares for. He also knows that seriousness is required in certain situations.​

Village Info

Village of Birth: Nanashi's village of birth is unknown, though his mother was born in Konohagakure as member of the Akimichi clan. His Country of Birth is The Land of Water. The Land of Water (水の国, Mizu no Kuni) is composed of many islands, with each having its own unique traditions. The country's weather is typically cool and the islands are usually covered by mist. The islands themselves also feature many lakes. In some places, like the area where Haku grew up, it is very cold and snows quite a bit. The nation is oriented towards the element of water. Its government leader is the Water Daimyō.

Village of Alliance: Nanashi at a later age became a member of Iwagakure and so this became his village of alliance. Iwagakure (岩隠れの里, Iwagakure no Sato; meaning "Village Hidden by Rocks") is the hidden village of the Land of Earth. Iwagakure has a Kage as its leader known as the Tsuchikage, the current being Gin-San. The standard attire for shinobi from this village consists of red outfit — which can either have one, or both sleeves — a lapel which is usually found on the side without a sleeve and a brown flak jacket — which also may have a pouch attached to it. They also tend to wear mesh armour around their ankles. Iwagakure ninja seem to specialize in Earth Release techniques. The mountain ranges that surround the village provide a natural stronghold. The village profits from this advantageous position and is proud of its strong defenses. The village sits among a mountain range consisting of small narrow waterfalls, with the buildings being composed of rock and stone; shaped from large, elevated formations of rock into tower-like structures.​

Rank & Chakra Info

Ninja Rank: Kage
Specialties:
Akimichi Techniques

Earth Release: Due to excessive training in this element, Nanashi has gained an almost complete understanding of it and is able to perform all of the Doton jutsus by forming only one handseal.

Water Release: Nanashi didn't want to stick to one element and decided to heavily train another one. Hence why he can perform Water Style jutsus faster than regular Shinobi.​

Elements:
Water Release (Mastered)
Wind Release (Mastered)
Earth Release (Mastered)
Fire Release (Mastered)
Lightning Release (Mastered)

Your Ninjutsu:

Ninjutsu D-rank | Taijutsu D-rank | Genjutsu C-rank
Sniper Arts (In Progress) |
Akimichi A-rank
( )

Background Info

History:
The sun rose in a glorious conflagration of red and yellow. The light drove the shadows away and slowly it revealed details of what had happened during the night. Game trail could be seen in the snow yet it was faintly worn and in some places non-existent. The snow had covered a lot of it. Not only had the snow deleted parts of the trail, it had also covered small pools and rivers which were completely frozen. Even though the game trail was nearly invisible, one could see that the game had avoided a certain area. The trail circled around it as the animals were scared of the fire that had burned there during the night. Next to the remains of the small fire sat a man who had just finished his poor breakfast. He was looking around, trying to find a deer or wild boar to kill and keep its meat for the coming days. It had been snowing for a few days now and food was scarce. Suddenly he heard snow cracking on his right and he saw a small doe running towards a group of trees. Jon slowly stood up and grabbed his bow as he shuffled after the doe. He slowly strung his bow and drew an arrow. The doe walked towards a small stream of water and bent over to drink. Jon almost laughed out loud to thank the gods for this opportunity, if he was able to kill the doe he and his wife would be able to eat and survive. He crept closer and aimed, one well aimed shot and the doe would fall down and Jon would have to run towards the it to finish it with his knife. He took a steady breath and released the arrow. As soon as the arrow hit the neck of the doe, it fell to the ground and Jon rushed towards it and jugulated it. He bound the doe's 4 hooves together with a thick rope. When he arrived at the camp he cut the corpse in pieces and made a small fire. He then removed the doe's hide carefully as he may need it later and hung the meat above the fire in order to smoke it. Once he was done and the meat was smoking, he walked over to his wife who was still sleeping, wrapped in some hides, and laid his ear on her stomach. He could feel her stomach moving and smiled. "At least you are having a good time. Don't worry little one, when you will be here with us, your mother and I will do everything to protect you." he said.

After a shock of pain she opened her eyes. She had been moving in her sleep and must've hit a stone with her wounded leg. As she turned around to lay on her side she saw Jon walking away with his bow. She smiled, it was a gift from heaven that she had found such a loving and caring man. Her happiness ended rather quickly as she groaned after another sock of pain. The wound must have opened again after hitting the stone. A light gust of wind blew through her hair and she inhaled deeply, they were free now she thought. But for what​
price? Pondering on her thoughts, Yuni sat straight with her legs in front of her and she carefully unwrapped the bandages from her right leg. She did her best to do it as fast as possible as she couldn't stand the sight of her wound. The lower part of her leg had become slightly more blue than last time she took a look at it. Around her deep, and yet again bleeding, wound there were some green scabs. As another shock of pain went through her leg, she shakily stoop up with her left leg first. She then hobbled towards the small pond Jon had removed the layer of ice from and carefully got on her knees, the wound hurt immensely as she sat down in that position but she wanted to endure it for Jon and her baby. After the bandages were cleaned she hobbled over to the camp again, sat down on the hides and wrapped the bandages around her leg again. The bandages were soaking wet and ice cold, but that distracted her a bit from the pain. Yuni could hear a soft "twang" followed by snow being cracked as something fell on it and she knew that Jon would get back soon so she layed down again and pretend like she was sleeping, she didn't want Jon to worry about her wound as he had so much worries already. When Jon got back, she felt his head against her stomach and heard him speak to the baby.

The sun had reached its highest point as Jon and Yuni were travelling through the forest. Melted snow was dripping from the leaves and every now and then a small patch of grass could be seen. The winter was ending and you could see nature waking up from her long sleep, it was time for new life to start. Yuni had been hobbling the whole time yet every time Jon asked if there was something wrong with her wounded leg she'd shake her head and smile. As they were crossing a bridge Yuni suddenly stopped walking and let out a short cry after a short shock of pain in her stomach. Fear struck her as she realized that the baby wanted to get out and that she would give birth to a baby in such poor circumstances. "Jon! The baby is coming! Why now?! Why here?!" She barely could restrain her tears as Jon rushed towards her. "Don't worry, just tell me what to do and I'll help you. I know there could be better circumstances for our baby to be born but we can't do that much about it can we?". After Yuni had told him what to do Jon made a fire and hung a bucket with water above it in order to make it boil. When the water was boiling, Yuni walked over towards a tree and undid her pants. She laid the pants on the ground next to the tree together with some hides and layed down on them with her head against the tree and her legs spread wide open with her feet standing on the ground. Jon kneeled down before her legs and handed Yuni his glove. "Here, bite on it. It will help you handling the pain." Yuni let out a loud cry as the pain started to take effect and she bit with all her strength into the leather of the glove. She started pressing and even though the pain was immense she kept on pressing. The pain kept on growing and growing as she could feel the baby coming out of her. And suddenly the pain vanished and she let out a final cry as she let the glove get out of her mouth. She had some snow under her nails as she had been digging into the snow in order to get distracted from the pain. Then she relaxed and a quiet cry could be heard. It kept on getting louder and louder until the whole forest was filled by the sound of a crying baby which was being welcomed by the world. Jon kissed the baby on its forehead and gave him to Yuni. "It's a boy." he said with tears of joy in his eyes. Yuni had been crying already due to the pain, but those turned into tears of joy now that she saw her baby. She wrapped the baby in some hides and she kissed Jon as she never had before. Their kiss came forth out of hundreds of emotions. Joy, relief, happiness and most importantly, love for each other and their baby.

It was getting dark, the birds got quiet and silence took over the forest. Jon and Yuni had been sitting next to their newborn child who was sleeping peacefully. "I don't know how to feel now..." Yuni said. "Something tells me I should be happy and crying with tears of joy. But something deep inside me tells me I should be crying with tears of fear...". Jon sighed. Not because he was disagreeing with her or annoyed. No, he sighed because he felt the same as she did. "I should have never talked to you. I should have stayed away from you when I fell in love with you. This would have never happened to us... you, if I had would have thought logically." Yuni knew that Jon was in pain, because of his bloodline they had been forced to live a quiet life and no they even had to run to save their lives. "It isn't your fault, what can you do about the fact that people are so blind and don't want to see you as one of them?" she said with a calming voice. Jon smiled. This was why he loved her. She had accepted him and even allowed him to step into her life.
Suddenly a loud howl could be heard. The howl was followed by several barks and in the distance a man's shout could be heard. "Snow had picked up their scent! Follow him!". A bunch of loud voices followed and through the trees Jon and Yuni could see light approaching. Their eyes widened with fear and Yuni's got filled with tears. Jon immediately stood up and pulled Yuni up. He then picked up the baby and handed it over to her. Their eyes met and the message was clear. "Run!" Jon shouted as he grabbed Yuni's hand and started running.
As Jon grabbed Yuni's hand she felt that it was ice cold. With dismay she realized that he was getting ready to fight, that he was gathering his ice cold chakra in order to freeze the dogs and men following them. Tears streamed out of her eyes as she thought of what could happen to them. Being tore to shreds by mad dogs and burned by fools, what kind of death could be worse? Again, the leading dog howled and this time it was closer. They could hear branches being cracked as the dogs ran over them. Despite all the tumult and noise, the baby kept sleeping peacefully with a smile on his face. Suddenly, Yuni felt Jon's grip loosen as he stumbled and fell on the ground. "Run! Save yourself and the baby! I'll hold them off!" he shouted with pleading, yet determined eyes. Yuni didn't know what to say and turned around. She kept on running, she would save herself and her son for him. She would fulfil his last wish! Jon let out a wild cry and immediately afterwards the air became cold. The dogs hesitated for a short moment as they didn't know what was happening. "Aaargh!!!!" one of the men shouted as suddenly a spike of ice rose up underneath him and pierced his head. Confusion and fear struck both the group of dogs and the group of men, but it was immediately replaced by their bloodlust again and they attacked Jon. Jon froze each and every one of his opponents who got too close and managed to fend them of. He was doing this for them. It was his last act as the father of a little family. It looked as if he was going to survive the fight as the amount of dogs and men diminished. Jon was able to drive them back until suddenly four paws hit his back and pushed him on the ground. The dog which had been leading the others had circled around him without Jon noticing it and attacked him from the back. How ironic Jon thought, being killed by a dog named Snow. The dog howled yet again, but this time out of sheer victory and opened it's jaws to show two rows of white, sharp teeth. Good luck, son. was the last thing Jon was able to think as the dogs teeth sunk into the flesh of his neck and teared it apart. The remaining dogs attacked too and the still standing men cheered.

She had been running for hours now. Her leg hurt and so did her womb, Yuni wasn't fully recovered of the accouchement, yet there she was. Running for her life while her husband was getting killed or even tortured by fools. Right when she was about to give in and fall to the ground, a single light could be seen through the trees. With her fading, remaining strength she walked over to the light source and saw the back of a man who sat at a campfire. As she got closer to him, she stepped on a branch and it snapped. Immediately the man turned his head and grabbed his cane as he stood up. Yuni could barely see his face as it was hard to see due to the fire behind him and it was covered by shadow. But she could remark one thing, his eyes were white and scars surrounded them. Even though she had heard stories about a clan whom the people possessed white eyes, she sensed that this man was different and it struck her that the man she was looking at was blind.​

"Who is there?" said the man with a loud voice. Yuni could feel her strength fading away as she tried to answer him and there they were again, the tears... She realized that she didn't have much time left, thus she walked over to the man and said: "Don't worry, I mean no harm. I only have one request. Please take care of my baby! Nanashi Akimichi is his name, his father was a great man and died protecting us and I, his mother, will always love him." after she uttered these words, Yuni kneeled down and laid her baby on the grass. She then layed down next to him and closed her eyes, to never open them again.

He could hear howls and barks in the distance, a pack of wolves had probably just killed their prey and were celebrating their victory. He pitied the victim that would be eaten, but at the same time he knew that that was how life is meant to be. He himself was the proof of the fact that life is hard and only the strong survive. Fifty-five years he had been able to survive in this difficult world and he had already spent twenty of them as a blind person. He could remember how the world had once looked, how green the grass had been and how blue the sky in all it's glory had looked. He could remember how the swift rivers streamed across the land and how fire looked, dancing and bright. Yet now he could only dream of these things and he could only feel the warmth of fire on his skin. Suddenly the sound of a breaking branch brought him back to the present and he turned around while grabbing his cane and standing up. "Who is there?" he asked as he made sure that his voice was strong yet friendly. A soft and weak voice answered his question "Don't worry, I mean no harm. I only have one request. Please take care of my baby! Nanashi Akimichi is his name..." Akimichi?! An Akimichi clan member! He had heard lots of tales about that particular clan. It was said to be a honourable clan from Konohagakure. How and why did she get here? However, he could sense that this woman spoke the truth and really didn't mean him any harm so he trusted her. "...and I, his mother, will always love him." He could hear her kneeling and laying something on the grass, probably the baby. He then heard the woman moving again as she layed down on the ground. A soft sigh followed as she breathed her last breath. And then, the silence fell over the camp again.

Skip 20 years forward (Joins Luciano family)

One by one they fell. One by one their eyes closed. One by one they breathed their last breath. And there I stood. My brethren lying at my feet, dead. Blood ran from their lifeless bodies impaled by kunai. I could not believe it... The castle that had once been home to laughter, to freedom and to light was now filled with the stench of death, hatred and darkness. How could it have come this far? How could I let this happen!? I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth as my eyes started watering. I felt so helpless, so hopeless. Why did this happen? Wasn't the light supposed to protect us? Why would it leave the family to it's demise? Was it all a fairy tale? Maybe such thing as 'the light' didn't exist. Maybe mankind was bound to live in misery and so should the Luciano Family. I closed my eyes as images of the past few hours started flashing by. All of a sudden a loud explosion shocked me back to reality, back to being surrounded by the dead. I shook my head and wiped my tears, the battle was still going on! Where did the explosion take place?! Even before I could start looking around a second explosion followed. It was outside the castle!
Right in front of the gates! Who could still be alive? Who could still be fighting? I started running towards the gates, making my way through the debris and corpses. As I got closer to the fight, I cried out for the person outside. I could see his back, he had a sword in his right hand and a scroll in his left. Blood dripped from his left shoulder. And I could see him.. He who had brought destruction to my home! He was still here! My blood started boiling and I got hold of a kunai with my right hand. Nanashi! Stay inside! I recognized that voice! It was Habaki! He was still alive! Oblivious to his order, I ran through the gate and stopped next to him. I could hear him breathing heavily and now that I could see him clearly, I noticed that not only his shoulder was wounded. His face was covered in blood, but the look he had on his face was one I would never forget; an expression of pure anger and determination. He wasn't even looking at me, his eyes were fixed on his opponent -our opponent- yet the aura he emitted sparked my will to fight and kill the man who brought destruction to the Luciano! I turned my head and gazed at our enemy.

Skip a few weeks (Joins Iwa)

It had been a few weeks since that night... Habaki and I had been roaming through forests and deserts without food or water. As if we hadn't fought enough yet, the world made us now fight in order to survive. Why would the Light do this to us? No... I shouldn't be thinking of the Light anymore. It clearly didn't exist. It was then that I decided to start thinking with a rational mindset.
That night, when we had found a fairly comfortable place to sleep; an empty cave that stank of faeces -it probably had been a bear's shelter-, Habaki and I discussed what we were to do with our lives now that we had lost our home. After hours and hours of thinking, guessing, suggesting and being quiet we came to a conclusion. We had to split up, to part ways. It was a tough decision, but it would be the best for both of us. We had to start over, but never forget where we came from and what had happened. We swore that we would be stronger the next time we would see each other and that we would work together to bring the Luciano Family back to it's former glory. That day would be exactly a year later, in Iwagakure. We had chosen Iwagakure because we had heard a fair amount of stories about the village. Stories about the friendly people, the welcoming Tsuchikage and the oh so popular tavern.

Other

Nanashi carries around the basic ninja tools (kunai, shuriken, flash bombs, smoke bombs, etc.)
He also has a bow.

Theme Song and Background Music:​

Battles

Won: A few
Lost: A few​

Updating:

□ Approved □

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattobi

Elite
Kin