rahuld918

Kin
10💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
MY HONEST REVIEW:
Many people say if you are into MMOs and rpg gaming, you will enjoy SAO. Well I'm into MMOs and gaming, so I tried it. So let me tell you guys what i inferred. If you guys prefer romance more than action and are 12-13 year old, you will probably love it. Otherwise you will loathe it. I belong to the later. Don't judge me yet, hear me out to till the end.

Watching the first episode, i thought, man, this is gonna me massive. About 4 episodes in, I thought, hmm...characters are pretty decent even though Kirito is a gary stu...I wanna see more of Asuna, I bet she will be interesting. 12 episode in, damn Asuna you are annoying as hell, you are the first "love interest of the mc" in anime i never wanna see again. Since Asuna's whining annoyed me again, I stopped watching. I finally managed to get myself back in after I got hold of a SAO game, cause I like RPGs. Well let me tell you, it didn't get any better. I don't know how you guys felt but I felt it was super creepy seeing a 16-17 year old Asuna naked under the sheet and Kirito (a year younger than Asuna) who was fully dressed conversing in bed. Did she just perform a strip show for this kid? To sum up the first half, it was all romance and Asuna's annoying whining and minimal action (most action scenes were cut).

I kind of liked the second half, maybe because it contained more action that wasn't cut and had less of Asuna. But let me tell you, I had to force myself to finish it, and be done with it. I have watched over 80 animes and this one just seemed overrated. I was disappointed at it cause I like MMOs and RPGs, and SAO didn't really work out for me. So I tried Log Horizon. Finished the first season, and let me tell you, it is similar to SAO with less focus on romance and I think the battles are clever and far more interesting.

SAO is a anime that focuses on romance the most which I think was very bad (I don't dislike romantic animes, I like them too but this one just sucked). Plot development in the anime just sucked...so did the characters. I would rate it a four on ten. You may like it if you prefer animes that has a gary stu mc kid who gets all the girls without any good reason other than that he is the mc (like deal with it), and wins all battles at the end of the day without any clever skill other than get angry to get unreasonable strength (again like how does he do it? Shut up...you're a 12 year old. Just deal with it).

Anyways, this is how i felt. Tell me your opinions and why you liked/disliked it.

Last edited:

YellowFang

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
- I'm not 12-13 years old...
- I haven't watched 80+ animes...

What can I say...?... I liked it... And despite all, Asuna happened to be my favorite character of all roster...

New knight48

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I enjoyed it. I tend to not be very picky or negative when I watch anime. Some just don't hook me on though. I tried watching FMAB and didn't watch more than like 3 episodes cuz I didn't get hooked.

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I enjoyed it. I tend to not be very picky or negative when I watch anime. Some just don't hook me on though. I tried watching FMAB and didn't watch more than like 3 episodes cuz I didn't get hooked.
FMAB was the shit. I consider it one of the best animes out there.

As far SAO, I like the idea of it. I felt that after the first season ended it kind of went down hill a little but it defnielty did make you feel.

YellowFang

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
FMAB was the shit. I consider it one of the best animes out there.

As far SAO, I like the idea of it. I felt that after the first season ended it kind of went down hill a little but it defnielty did make you feel.
@bold:
But earlier FMA made more sense to the beginning of the series... No doubt FMAB is beast but it's starting compared to the older version was a bit 'meh'...

And yes, first season of SAO delivered more feels...

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really enjoyed it because it got me wishing we had virtual reality.

I agree that Kirito is a Gary Stu, and it's annoying how every girl is after his ass though.

Asuna being molested by that guy was weird and the show was a bit too sexual. Plus, there wasn't too much action.

I don't find Asuna whiny at all.

I haven't watched the second season but I agree with the first's review just that I don't get bothered by flaws like that too much in anime.

Last edited:

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I enjoyed it until they got into the second arc, the fairy tail one, which was absolutely terrible. I gave the first season a 8 out of 10.

Why? Because i'm tired of these wuss characters... It gets me on my nerves when the female characters are the one that has the balls. That might be one of the reasons as to why I like SAO. It has it flaws but it was a great experience.

The second season was good as well. I gave it a 8 out of 10. Looking for the third season which they will get into more serious stuff. (Read a bit of the LN)