[Discussion] My Hero Academia RANT

Obitosama

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok where do i start. i watched the whole of season 1 and 2 and 4 eps in season 3. and i want to say what bugs me with this show:

Character designs:

Some or may i say MANY characters designs are trash and questionable like:

They're human right? then why is this guy a rock a cartoony rock

You must be registered for see images

what is this:

Again aren't they human

I can't even with this. are u sure it's anime

and why not we have a lizard too

There's still more but u guys got my point

Now moving on with the fights. First they're tooooooooooo short simplistic and boring. the sport festival fights were a joke and didn't develop any character besides todoroki and guess what? it's a zuko backstory...

anyway the fights are too simplistic and don't have an impact there's something missing. wether they're long or short doesn't matter the fights are boring .and nobody dies . in 195 chapters literally no character died like how are we suppose to take the villains seriously if no one dies... .

MHA is overrated. i don't know what people see with it. it's generic cliche and nothing special. even BC is better

Obitosama

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree. Cant say its story is garbage, but I can say it is not unique at all, and the art is wack, similarly to one piece.

Boruto >>> mha
yeah man!

quote me when mha's creator designs like this

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Your first argument is ridiculous. There's characters modified to the extent that they can shoot literal explosions and collapse entire buildings, so there should be no difficulty in believing their appearances could be mutated to the extent their capabilities are as well. There's no reason to take issue with the minor mutations if you take no issue with the major ones.

I agree with you on there being simplistic fights though but that's the standard for Shounen. It does improve later on when Deku & co gain greater mastery of their quirks. Even then, Deku's fights have consequences that drastically alter his combat style & those risks are usually taken for the protection of someone else, so it's akin to "the power of friendship" while not being an asspull.
Don't even complain about people not dying though. It hasn't had 200 chapters yet & we've already seen an amount of causalities & multiple characters impaired DESPITE the fact that, by then, One Piece had no deaths and Naruto only had 1 important character killed off.

Obitosama

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your first argument is ridiculous. There's characters modified to the extent that they can shoot literal explosions and collapse entire buildings, so there should be no difficulty in believing their appearances could be mutated to the extent their capabilities are as well. There's no reason to take issue with the minor mutations if you take no issue with the major ones.

I agree with you on there being simplistic fights though but that's the standard for Shounen. It does improve later on when Deku & co gain greater mastery of their quirks. Even then, Deku's fights have consequences that drastically alter his combat style & those risks are usually taken for the protection of someone else, so it's akin to "the power of friendship" while not being an asspull.
Don't even complain about people not dying though. It hasn't had 200 chapters yet & we've already seen an amount of causalities & multiple characters impaired DESPITE the fact that, by then, One Piece had no deaths and Naruto only had 1 important character killed off.
what characters died in mha? bro naruto in its 200 chapters : zabuza haku third hokage fourth kazekage zaku. boruto in 25 chapters has ao momoshiki kinshiki and mugino dying as well as a kara member...

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
what characters died in mha? bro naruto in its 200 chapters : zabuza haku third hokage fourth kazekage zaku. boruto in 25 chapters has ao momoshiki kinshiki and mugino dying as well as a kara member...
Those were villains and Naruto hadn't even fleshed out half of them. Hiruzen's was the only one that was a loss for the main cast. The importance of deaths has never really been whether they happen, but in regards to there being losses for the heroes we follow or as an indication of how childish a series is. My Hero Academia has had a number of heroes put out of commission or weakened alongside gruesome deaths & torture.

( Snatch is trapped in a ball of fire & killed)

There's more deaths but for villains & unnamed characters.

AllKnowingShinobi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
MHA is to pg13 to me . honestly i stopped following after season 2 and stopped reader after the hero hunter arc. it just a stroy of how heros are made and i guess anyone can be a hero like wwhatt , Minoru Mineta can be a hero? well nothing wronge with that but in tired of how heros are made, cuz no one cares about hero. heros die early and the story cant even protary that right. like all might should be dead by now.... the story shouldve ended when Midoriya got accepted as a hero student....

heros storys are all the same teamwork and friendship. a real story is a leader story like naruto and hopfully bourto soon.

heros are a dime a dozens but leaders are one of a kind....

Reboryushon

Elite
Kin
178💸
Kumi
2,386💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
MHA is to pg13 to me . honestly i stopped following after season 2 and stopped reader after the hero hunter arc. it just a stroy of how heros are made and i guess anyone can be a hero like wwhatt , Minoru Mineta can be a hero? well nothing wronge with that but in tired of how heros are made, cuz no one cares about hero. heros die early and the story cant even protary that right. like all might should be dead by now.... the story shouldve ended when Midoriya got accepted as a hero student....

heros storys are all the same teamwork and friendship. a real story is a leader story like naruto and hopfully bourto soon.

You can give hands to the op and walk into the sunset. There is a strong emotional aspect behind it and the lessons you get from the show are great. There is a reason that for the last 2 years it is always on the top 5 of the most sold mangas.

Essentially MHA is a different show, it has its own recipe. Above all and like you said it is a heroes story and how a normal person can become a hero. You are free to not like it but if what you take from MHA is "heros storys are all the same teamwork and friendship" you haven't been watching MHA with attention.

Last edited:

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Naruto & Boruto's stories are literally pushing towards teamwork. Itachi, Sasuke, the kages, Madara's last words, etc & it's glaringly obvious. If you've seen MHA up until that point, you must have noticed that they did have a leader, All Might. It's a spoiler, but, after his retirement, they've been advocating hard for team ups & such to build a new Symbol of Peace since it's been falling without him. All Might himself flatout tells Midoriya that he wouldn't be a hero without the quirk & Endeavor that heroes are equipped with power for a reason. It's not as though Mineta is 1v1ing anyone.

Half of the first paragraph is complaining about how anyone could become a hero BUT Naruto was literally preaching about how even the lowest could rise up and become great. The guy himself was an underdog. Thus far, U.A. has been portrayed as being exclusive.

Last edited:

AllKnowingShinobi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bros its just not my taste , yes anyone can be a hero even my mail man can be a hero but that just it the story has yet to pass that point and it just annoying. i dont in any means to discourage the ideas and meaning that MHA brings and how human morality should follow but its to far-fetch and bias. it cant allways be that the bad gguys wins alittle and the good guys win alot. thats not how it goes. like a villain anyone can be a nobody thus the same can be said about heros but to be the best.... to be a leader in anyside(dark side/ light side) thats more motivating than kids pretending and villians as well....

Last edited:

Reboryushon

Elite
Kin
178💸
Kumi
2,386💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Bros its just not my taste , yes anyone can be a hero even my mail man can be a hero but that just it the story has yet to pass that point and it just annoying. i dont in any means to discourage the ideas and meaning that MHA brings and how human morality should follow but its to far-fetch and bias. it cant allways be that the bad gguys wins alittle and the good guys win alot. thats not how it goes. like a villain anyone can be a shit bag thus the same can be said about heros but to be the best.... to be a leader in anyside(dark side/ light side) thats more motivating than kids pretending and villians as well....
Perfect man. Your argumentation shows that this show is specifically not your thing.

Also, there is no reason for it to be, unlike Boruto that drinks from Naruto legacy and is such a disappointment at honoring its predecessor, MHA tries to be its own thing.

At least in episode 65 we could see Naruto and Sasuke going at it. They really saved the day.

Boruto : 25 chapters 6 deaths
MHA : 195 chapters 0 deaths
Where did you get this idea that deaths = good? No one ever told you this about Boruto and its writing.

Last edited:

Obitosama

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
United States of your opinion is irrelevant.

Perfect man. Your argumentation shows that this show is specifically not your thing.

Also, there is no reason for it to be, unlike Boruto that drinks from Naruto legacy and is such a disappointment at honoring its predecessor, MHA tries to be its own thing.

At least in episode 65 we could see Naruto and Sasuke going at it. They really saved the day.

Where did you get this idea that deaths = good? No one ever told you this about Boruto and its writing.
MHA trying to be its own thing is the funniest joke i have seen in years :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

AllKnowingShinobi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Naruto & Boruto's stories are literally pushing towards teamwork. Itachi, Sasuke, the kages, Madara's last words, etc & it's glaringly obvious. If you've seen MHA up until that point, you must have noticed that they did have a leader, All Might. It's a spoiler, but, after his retirement, they've been advocating hard for team ups & such to build a new Symbol of Peace since it's been falling without him. All Might himself flatout tells Midoriya that he wouldn't be a hero without the quirk & Endeavor that heroes are equipped with power for a reason. It's not as though Mineta is 1v1ing anyone.

Half of the first paragraph is complaining about how anyone could become a hero BUT Naruto was literally preaching about how even the lowest could rise up and become great. The guy himself was an underdog. Thus far, U.A. has been portrayed as being exclusive.
but the stakes and gravity of the situation calls for

Naruto is a leader.

while mirdoiya is still hiding behind all might is kinda lame...

like if narutos dies... then the world is done if mirdoiya dies...well thier be another

Last edited:

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Bros its just not my taste , yes anyone can be a hero even my mail man can be a hero but that just it the story has yet to pass that point and it just annoying.i dont in any means to discourage the ideas and meaning that MHA brings and how human morality should follow but its to far-fetch and bias. it cant allways be that the bad gguys wins alittle and the good guys win alot. thats not how it goes. like a villain anyone can be a shit bag thus the same can be said about heros but to be the best.... to be a leader in anyside(dark side/ light side) thats more motivating than kids pretending and villians as well....
You're reading wrong. Bold is not the case and All Might himself says this. The only reason Midoriya could become a hero is become he was a suitable candidate.

This is literally addressed in the first chapter. As of now, we're seeing an evil overlord's rise.