Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
^ Death note is fantastic, I havent seen Code Geass before, I plan on it soon tho

Really long series dont work with me, the only anime with over 100 eps I've completed is DBZ and Super. I'm also trying to watch one piece, only on like episode 20 - 30 somewhere between there... wish me luck.

My suggestions would be: Gurren Lagann, Overlord, One Punch man... to name a few I like

If you want something comedic definitely try panty and stocking, aho girl and watamote

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There's definitely a lineup of selections, a lot of them unique and definitely an acquired taste, depending on the individual. If you could give a few examples of shows you have seen and actually enjoyed yourself, that might help people have a better idea of what to recommend to you that'd fit your tastes. (y)

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There's definitely a lineup of selections, a lot of them unique and definitely an acquired taste, depending on the individual. If you could give a few examples of shows you have seen and actually enjoyed yourself, that might help people have a better idea of what to recommend to you that'd fit your tastes. (y)
Yea definitely give us some anime you watched.

Ive surely watched something from every genre at least once to give more recommendations.

(psst. if you like ecchi, I'm your man)

404_exe

Kin
139💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@404_exe The owner of this site @Versuvio is a big fan of Code Geass, it's in his avatar.
I see, apparently an immortal created this website about 12 years ago.

I'll definitely check out Code Geass.
Post automatically merged:

^ Death note is fantastic, I havent seen Code Geass before, I plan on it soon tho

Really long series dont work with me, the only anime with over 100 eps I've completed is DBZ and Super. I'm also trying to watch one piece, only on like episode 20 - 30 somewhere between there... wish me luck.

My suggestions would be: Gurren Lagann, Overlord, One Punch man... to name a few I like

If you want something comedic definitely try panty and stocking, aho girl and watamote
So much stuff, it's good that I have the time right now.

Well, right now I'm watching Black Clover and I'm enjoying it (though Asta's voice is kind of annoying). I've watched Re:Zero and I was moved by the Subaru-Rem and the Subaru-Emilia relationships. The Rising of the Shield Hero is definitely one of my favourites. What else? Oh yeah, Dr. Stone is great. The first anime I've ever watched is Pokemon the indigo region, but I don't remember much of it. So I say my first is SAO and I know people say it's not good, but I have a soft spot for it.
So, that's basically everything. Oh, also, I've started many show, like watched the first couple episodes but never followed through because of school. But I don't count these

Hellsing.
Haven't even heard of it :(

Last edited:

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, right now I'm watching Black Clover and I'm enjoying it (though Asta's voice is kind of annoying). I've watched Re:Zero and I was moved by the Subaru-Rem and the Subaru-Emilia relationships. The Rising of the Shield Hero is definitely one of my favourites. What else? Oh yeah, Dr. Stone is great. The first anime I've ever watched is Pokemon the indigo region, but I don't remember much of it. So I say my first is SAO and I know people say it's not good, but I have a soft spot for it.
So, that's basically everything. Oh, also, I've started many show, like watched the first couple episodes but never followed through because of school. But I don't count these
Not a bad list; fairly diverse so you've got options if most of those are ones you've enjoyed so far. Out of my personal recommendations based on comparisons would likely be "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?" or DanMachi for short. It's a decently sized series; not too long (so far) like Dragon Ball, One Piece or Naruto, but it's got a solid premise and enjoyable characters/dialogue. Very light tones, driven development of the MC and otherwise just lots of light humor all around. It has a similar idea to shows like The Rising of the Shield Hero or SAO; the world of DanMachi feeling like a video game almost as it has references to stats, dungeons, etc.
Another good suggestion in the same realm would probably be "That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime". Lots of the same elements as I mentioned about DanMachi; light humor, driven development (though a bit rushed, but mostly for comical purposes).
If you're looking for something a bit more serious and "hold-no-punches" then "Goblin Slayer" is another great one. Very dark tones compared to the others with occasional comic relief to remind you it's not all grim and terrible.

As far as shows somewhat similar to Re:Zero (at least in terms of romance/bond development-themed) I'd personally recommend "The Ancient Magus' Bride". It's one of my personal favorites of all time. It tells a very moving tale of a young girl who suffers gravely from a very young age and has her life turned upside down as she's introduced to a whole other side to the world that's reminiscent of something you'd read out of a fairy tale after she becomes "acquainted" with a fellow named Elias, whom turns out to be a Mage and is the one that introduces her to a new world and possibilities. Definitely worth a look if nothing else.
Another great one with similar themes would be "Eden of the East". This series is sort of a hidden gem in my opinion; I've rarely heard or seen other people talk about it even back when it first came out. It has an 11-episode series if I recall correctly then it continues the story in the form of 2 movie adaptations after the fact. Very fascinating story about how several "randomly selected" individuals find themselves in possession of a phone that connects them to a fortune of money that they are told to change the nation with for the better however they can, but when they run out of money then they will be seen as failures and "eliminated." I found myself sucked into it very easily and wanting more after each episode. There's a bit of character development, but mostly relative to the bonds that is formed between each other rather than self improvement.

And that's just to name a few. There's such a massive treasure trove of options these days that it's quite overwhelming to someone that's either a casual watcher or just getting into the world of anime. There will definitely be some that are better than others, or ones that start out promising and end poorly as well as the reverse. Best thing I can ever recommend is just watch the first couple episodes of any one that seems interesting to you and see where it goes. ✌

Quickfire mentions:
  • The Fate series (Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/Grand Order, much more. Big names, big swords, bigger epic battle scenes and crisp animation.)
  • Death Note (Already mentioned, very good show. Dark themes, well executed development. Side note: Avoid the live action version like the plague on Netflix. It's absolute rubbish.)
  • Ghost in the Shell (Cyberpunk vibe, great action-packed show with lots of content. There are so many versions of this show dating back to 1995 and newer, revamped versions with better animation. Live action movie pretty good too.)
  • Hellsing Ultimate (Also already mentioned, but a great option. Dark, gory and all things awesome.)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Hard to go wrong with this one; comedy, action, likable (and dislikable) characters, hints of romance (and bromance), good amount of material.)
  • Attack on Titan (Gruesome show so be wary, but very great show with an interesting, always surprising developing plot.)
  • Fruits Basket (Slow paced romance. Nothing super special to it in terms of action, just a very light-hearted story with some interesting characters and occasional dark undertones. There's an older version from the 2000s and a rebooted version from last year that is very good.)
  • The Saga of Tanya the Evil (Yōjo Senki) (Great show. Lots of action; puts a very interesting "alternative world" spin on WW2 era conflict.)
  • Steins;Gate (A little more of an "acquired taste" sort of show. Revolves around the concept of Time Travel but has a very great blend of serious and humor with great character development.)
Some trailers and clips to the shows for reference: (Note that all of the shows I mentioned above have both English and Japanese Dubs, I'm just putting in trailers/clips that I feel help capture the show the best based on setting/theme/animation.)

You must be registered for see medias

(Fate/Zero)

(Death Note)

(Ghost in the Shell)

(Hellsing Ultimate)

(Fullmetal Alchemist)

(Attack on Titan)

(Fruits Basket)

(The Saga of Tanya the Evil)

(Steins;Gate)

404_exe

Kin
139💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@Red-Robin
Man, you're amazing! Thank you so much for all the recommendations, for the long and very detailed list. I've heard about half of them but you make everything really interesting and potentially very captivating. It really is quite a lot and I know I have a lot to watch, but I'll manage. Again, thank you very much!!

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
@Red-Robin
Man, you're amazing! Thank you so much for all the recommendations, for the long and very detailed list. I've heard about half of them but you make everything really interesting and potentially very captivating. It really is quite a lot and I know I have a lot to watch, but I'll manage. Again, thank you very much!!
Always happy to help. I was introduced to anime when I was a kid like many others and ever since I've been hooked, so for better or worse I have a handful of options to offer to anyone looking to watch themselves. Haha.

If you ever have questions or curiosities about others or the ones mentioned, I'm always happy to chat. ✌

Reactions: Naruto X Hunter

404_exe

Kin
139💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Always happy to help. I was introduced to anime when I was a kid like many others and ever since I've been hooked, so for better or worse I have a handful of options to offer to anyone looking to watch themselves. Haha.

If you ever have questions or curiosities about others or the ones mentioned, I'm always happy to chat. ✌
It's awesome how much you are willing to help unknown people here, it really is very nice and makes me feel very welcomed. Thank you!
And I'll be happy to chat sometime.

Reactions: Naruto X Hunter

Im_not_Osama_bin_laden

Regular
Kin
2,583💸
Kumi
330💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is just to mention a few. ( These are from a list I have with my friend so I have not watched all of them but most of them )

psycho pass

Gintama

Bleach

Akira

xian wang de richang shenghuo

Code Geass

In Spectre

Death Note

Sword Art Online

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Megalo Box

Jormungand