Kin
2,077💸
Kumi
779💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Spawning here for the new arc.
This post marks the beginning of my mission with the following storyboard element(s):
  • Return to Katsuryoku Mountain.
  • Regain Spirituality & Connection to the Genki.
Summary: In search of herself Faye finds herself back at the mansion, seeking to regain herself and her connection to her genki. The way it should be.

Months have gone by as Faye’s struggle with the spirits intensified, she made no progress with figuring out what was going on and it began to take its toll. The constant whispers from the spirits grew more overwhelming, making it difficult for her to find peace. The burden of her unbound connection weighed heavily on her mind, along with her breakup, the sudden disbanding of the Hellsing Organization and many other things. Leaving her feeling more lost and unsure of herself than she had ever been.
Seeking solace, Faye turned to unhealthy coping mechanisms, and she found herself falling into alcoholic tendencies. Alcohol seemed to offer a temporary escape from the chaos within and provided a fleeting sense of relief. However, with each passing day, Faye became more reliant on the numbing effect of alcohol, unaware of how it was slowly consuming her from within.
As her drinking escalated, Faye's physical and mental health began to deteriorate. The lack of restful sleep only added to her burden. The restless nights were filled with haunting dreams and visions of the spirits she struggled to understand. Sleep deprivation exacerbated her already weakened state, making it harder for her to cope with the relentless whispers that haunted her waking hours.
People who knew her would immediately be able to recognize the changes in Faye's demeanor, witnessing her isolation. Even some of the kinder Genki became concerned for her as they attempted to reach out and offer their support, but Faye withdrew further into her self-imposed solitude. Isolating herself from her clan beliefs it seems she had given up on her clan completely.
As Faye's condition worsened, her ability to connect with the Genki faltered, leaving her vulnerable in the face of formidable adversaries. The once agile and confident fighter now stumbled and struggled to find her footing in battle. The alcohol didn’t help in that regard. It was during a particularly harrowing mission that the severity of her situation became evident. In a moment of vulnerability, Faye's alcohol-induced haze proved disastrous, leading to a near-fatal encounter with an aggressive Genki spirit. Barely escaping with her life, Faye found herself at a crossroads.
Realizing the destructive path she had embarked on, Faye knew she needed to confront her own demons and seek help. What better place to collect herself than her clan’s home. She sighed weakly as she approached the small narrow trail that leads up the mountain side in a zig-zagged manner.

Home … It’s been too long.

As Faye reached the foot of Mount Katsuryoku, she gazed up at the majestic peak shrouded in clouds. With determination in her heart, she followed the small narrow trail, zig-zagging her way up the mountainside. It wasn’t the first time she had been there but for whatever reason, this time, the climb seemed more challenging.
After a long ascent, she finally arrived at the Katsuryoku Mansion. Its exquisite craftsmanship never failed to leave her in awe as she studied its sturdy dark oak walls, limestone intersections, and marble sculptures. It’s almost as if it was her first time there, the way she was taking it all in. She never felt it before but the mansion seemed to resonate with an air of mystery and solitude, more than usual anyways.

Faye slowly entered the mansion, stepping into a world frozen in time. Feeling like a “guest in her own home” she marvelled at the intricate marble outlines and the worn-out greenish banner bearing the sigil of the Katsuryoku House. The passage of years had left its mark, leaving the mansion with a dark grayish tint, yet its allure remained intact.

Sooo, what now. Faye thought to herself

Faye continued to explore the mansion searching for something but not knowing what it was. She made her way through various chambers adorned with ancient artifacts and spiritual relics, some of which she had seen before. Her eyes stared blankly at the intricate tapestries and paintings depicting the clan's spiritual journey. Stray Genki moved all around adding to the mansion’s already profound spiritual energy.
However she chose to ignore it all. It had become something of a habit ever since some of the Genki began showing hostility towards her. Faye shuddered from the memories, pushing the thoughts deep into her mind vault. She knew she would eventually have to face it, especially since she was beginning to lose her spiritual prowess. Just not now, she was too tired right now. She just wanted a drink hopefully enough to make her pass out.

As nightfall approached and the cold winds howled outside, Faye decided to set up camp in one of the mansion's rooms. She found a chamber with a large fireplace, now cold and dormant, but still suitable for her temporary shelter. Gathering some firewood and lighting it up with a basic fire jutsu, she felt the warmth engulf the room, dispelling the icy chill.
Using a backpack as a pillow, she settled down close to the fire. After a few seconds she reached into the bag's side pocket, removing from it a flask. Looking at it for a few seconds her heart and body seemed to accept the contents of the flask but her brain wouldn’t let her anymore.

No. She said to herself softly as she lowered the flask onto the ground next to her, taking one last glance at it before turning the other way and closing her eyes. With the sound of crackling fire and the soft glow of moonlight filtering through the windows, Faye somehow feels a connection to the long-gone ancestors who once called this place home. As sleep took over, her dreams intertwined with the mystical history of the Clan, and she knew that her journey had just begun amidst the isolation and secrecy of Mount Katsuryoku.

Morning came and Faye slowly opened her eyes, the flask stood where she placed it the previous night. With a long exasperated sigh she tipped the flask over with her finger and rose from her makeshift bed, the embers of the fireplace glowing dimly to guide her steps as the sun hadn’t fully risen yet. One thing was for sure though, that was the best sleep she’d had in months.
As the first rays of dawn painted the sky in hues of orange and pink, Faye decided to continue her exploration of the mansion. She traversed through the various rooms, admiring the ancient artworks. This time actively trying to decipher the symbolic meanings behind them (if any). Some pieces were just regular art but other pieces seemed to hold a fragment of the clan’s spiritual wisdom, a tapestry of history and tradition.

While venturing deeper into the mansion than even she had ever been before, Faye stumbled upon a hidden passage concealed behind a bookshelf. Intrigued, she pushed the bookshelf aside, revealing a narrow corridor that led to a chamber different from the others she had encountered. This chamber had a solemn aura, with candles flickering around a large ancient chest.
Within the chest, a few dusty tomes packed neatly and in order, all filled with ancient scriptures and enigmatic symbols. Faye flipped through the pages, attempting to decipher the sacred knowledge that had been passed down through generations.

To be continued…

Last edited:

El Alucard

Veteran
Kin
2,077💸
Kumi
779💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Spawning here for the new arc.
This post marks the beginning of my mission with the following storyboard element(s):
  • Return to Katsuryoku Mountain.
  • Regain Spirituality & Connection to the Genki.
Summary: In search of herself Faye finds herself back at the mansion, seeking to regain herself and her connection to her genki. The way it should be.

Months have gone by as Faye’s struggle with the spirits intensified, she made no progress with figuring out what was going on and it began to take its toll. The constant whispers from the spirits grew more overwhelming, making it difficult for her to find peace. The burden of her unbound connection weighed heavily on her mind, along with her breakup, the sudden disbanding of the Hellsing Organization and many other things. Leaving her feeling more lost and unsure of herself than she had ever been.
Seeking solace, Faye turned to unhealthy coping mechanisms, and she found herself falling into alcoholic tendencies. Alcohol seemed to offer a temporary escape from the chaos within and provided a fleeting sense of relief. However, with each passing day, Faye became more reliant on the numbing effect of alcohol, unaware of how it was slowly consuming her from within.
As her drinking escalated, Faye's physical and mental health began to deteriorate. The lack of restful sleep only added to her burden. The restless nights were filled with haunting dreams and visions of the spirits she struggled to understand. Sleep deprivation exacerbated her already weakened state, making it harder for her to cope with the relentless whispers that haunted her waking hours.
People who knew her would immediately be able to recognize the changes in Faye's demeanor, witnessing her isolation. Even some of the kinder Genki became concerned for her as they attempted to reach out and offer their support, but Faye withdrew further into her self-imposed solitude. Isolating herself from her clan beliefs it seems she had given up on her clan completely.
As Faye's condition worsened, her ability to connect with the Genki faltered, leaving her vulnerable in the face of formidable adversaries. The once agile and confident fighter now stumbled and struggled to find her footing in battle. The alcohol didn’t help in that regard. It was during a particularly harrowing mission that the severity of her situation became evident. In a moment of vulnerability, Faye's alcohol-induced haze proved disastrous, leading to a near-fatal encounter with an aggressive Genki spirit. Barely escaping with her life, Faye found herself at a crossroads.
Realizing the destructive path she had embarked on, Faye knew she needed to confront her own demons and seek help. What better place to collect herself than her clan’s home. She sighed weakly as she approached the small narrow trail that leads up the mountain side in a zig-zagged manner.

Home … It’s been too long.

As Faye reached the foot of Mount Katsuryoku, she gazed up at the majestic peak shrouded in clouds. With determination in her heart, she followed the small narrow trail, zig-zagging her way up the mountainside. It wasn’t the first time she had been there but for whatever reason, this time, the climb seemed more challenging.
After a long ascent, she finally arrived at the Katsuryoku Mansion. Its exquisite craftsmanship never failed to leave her in awe as she studied its sturdy dark oak walls, limestone intersections, and marble sculptures. It’s almost as if it was her first time there, the way she was taking it all in. She never felt it before but the mansion seemed to resonate with an air of mystery and solitude, more than usual anyways.

Faye slowly entered the mansion, stepping into a world frozen in time. Feeling like a “guest in her own home” she marvelled at the intricate marble outlines and the worn-out greenish banner bearing the sigil of the Katsuryoku House. The passage of years had left its mark, leaving the mansion with a dark grayish tint, yet its allure remained intact.

Sooo, what now. Faye thought to herself

Faye continued to explore the mansion searching for something but not knowing what it was. She made her way through various chambers adorned with ancient artifacts and spiritual relics, some of which she had seen before. Her eyes stared blankly at the intricate tapestries and paintings depicting the clan's spiritual journey. Stray Genki moved all around adding to the mansion’s already profound spiritual energy.
However she chose to ignore it all. It had become something of a habit ever since some of the Genki began showing hostility towards her. Faye shuddered from the memories, pushing the thoughts deep into her mind vault. She knew she would eventually have to face it, especially since she was beginning to lose her spiritual prowess. Just not now, she was too tired right now. She just wanted a drink hopefully enough to make her pass out.

As nightfall approached and the cold winds howled outside, Faye decided to set up camp in one of the mansion's rooms. She found a chamber with a large fireplace, now cold and dormant, but still suitable for her temporary shelter. Gathering some firewood and lighting it up with a basic fire jutsu, she felt the warmth engulf the room, dispelling the icy chill.
Using a backpack as a pillow, she settled down close to the fire. After a few seconds she reached into the bag's side pocket, removing from it a flask. Looking at it for a few seconds her heart and body seemed to accept the contents of the flask but her brain wouldn’t let her anymore.

No. She said to herself softly as she lowered the flask onto the ground next to her, taking one last glance at it before turning the other way and closing her eyes. With the sound of crackling fire and the soft glow of moonlight filtering through the windows, Faye somehow feels a connection to the long-gone ancestors who once called this place home. As sleep took over, her dreams intertwined with the mystical history of the Clan, and she knew that her journey had just begun amidst the isolation and secrecy of Mount Katsuryoku.

Morning came and Faye slowly opened her eyes, the flask stood where she placed it the previous night. With a long exasperated sigh she tipped the flask over with her finger and rose from her makeshift bed, the embers of the fireplace glowing dimly to guide her steps as the sun hadn’t fully risen yet. One thing was for sure though, that was the best sleep she’d had in months.
As the first rays of dawn painted the sky in hues of orange and pink, Faye decided to continue her exploration of the mansion. She traversed through the various rooms, admiring the ancient artworks. This time actively trying to decipher the symbolic meanings behind them (if any). Some pieces were just regular art but other pieces seemed to hold a fragment of the clan’s spiritual wisdom, a tapestry of history and tradition.

While venturing deeper into the mansion than even she had ever been before, Faye stumbled upon a hidden passage concealed behind a bookshelf. Intrigued, she pushed the bookshelf aside, revealing a narrow corridor that led to a chamber different from the others she had encountered. This chamber had a solemn aura, with candles flickering around a large ancient chest.
Within the chest, a few dusty tomes packed neatly and in order, all filled with ancient scriptures and enigmatic symbols. Faye flipped through the pages, attempting to decipher the sacred knowledge that had been passed down through generations.

To be continued…
Faye spent the next few days reading the scrolls which contained the history of the Katsuryoku Clan, including the dark times that had befallen their House. With a mix of trepidation and determination, she unrolled the fragile scrolls, eager to learn more about the twelve warriors and their fateful end. Faye’s mom had always tried to keep her away from all the spiritual stuff so she never really spoke of the clan. She did however mention Faye’s father every now and then. Green hair, a burn mark across his cheek, calm and collected, a very powerful and kind man she always said.
Faye remembers how her mom would smile while talking about him, although it didn’t seem like they spent much time together. She often pondered what her father was like, where he was, if he was still alive even. But other than that she knew nothing of him. Her mom did mention that he went off to find enlightenment or something and the one time he did visit he didn’t stay long. In fact the last time he visited Faye and her mom was around the time Faye began seeing genki. Faye of course doesn’t remember him or any of this as she was too young.

Anyways. Faye mutters as she catches herself trailing off.

As she continued reading, the words painted a haunting image of the betrayal that had shaken the foundation of the House. The details of the murder, the doubts, and the ultimate brawl among the twelve warriors weighed heavily on her heart. She felt a deep sadness for the clan that had once thrived within these walls, almost as if she was there with them personally.
As Faye delved deeper into the scrolls, she discovered that the spirits of the twelve warriors were said to roam the graveyard deep within Mount Katsuryoku. Restless and bound by regret, they continued to wander as spiritual beings, their souls unable to find peace. If she could find them, perhaps they could give her the answers she was looking for.

Two figures argue softly on the other side of the room. This place, it was familiar, the smell, the warmth. I feel safe. Where though? No, when? I can’t really move well, my body feels so heavy,so uncoordinated, it’s not moving how I want it to.

Hello! Hi! Over here!

Voice 1: You know what happens to-, No I don’t want this for her!

Voice 2: *inaudible speaking*

Voice 1: No, I- I can’t.

Voice 1: You can’t

Uhm excuse me! Sorry to interrupt, I just-

The two figures suddenly turned to my direction as one of them began to approach me. It wasn’t dark but I couldn’t make out their faces at all. The figure began to tower over me the closer it got, then a whisper from behind me.

Voice 3: Who are you?

I spin around to see who it was but am met with complete darkness. I can’t see anything, not even my own hands, I’m floating in nothing. Then whispers again, only slightly louder and more voices whispering over each other this time.

Multiple voices: Who are Who you are you you Who who are you are you…

I didn't feel it at first but I do now I do, all around me. I can’t see them but they are there. A wave of fear and negative energy instantly takes over and I cannot breathe. I’m drowning in nothing, sinking in nothing. Absolute darkness but I can picture what lies within, monsters. My brain does not disappoint when coming up with images of the vile creatures that I’m convinced are definitely hidden within the pitch black.
Lumpy pale red skin, dark red eyes with even darker red pupils. Many individual cracks in their skin, which seep blood every time they even slightly move. No legs, just strips of bloody flesh hang from the edge of stumps.
I cannot see them, I cannot see anything but I’m terrified. My brain is showing me all sorts of things at this point. Death all around me, I’m floating and sinking in it all at the same time.

Then a loud scream akin to the sound a banshee would make.

WHO ARE YOU!?

Faye’s eyes snap open, she jumps up from a table she had moved to ‘her room’ , covered in a cold sweat, relieved it was just another nightmare but still shaking. Her heart was pounding so loud you could hear it, she looked around the room suspicious and paranoid that the horrors may have followed her to the waking world.
Then the tears, she silently began to cry, what about? She couldn’t exactly pin down but she felt an extreme sadness.
Her watery eyes automatically searched for and found the flask with ease. Faye made her way over to the makeshift bed sitting beside it, hugging her knees as she cried. She reached the flask and took a giant swig, taking in and welcoming the strong taste that burned its way down her throat.

Spirits for Spirits. she joked to herself whilst holding up the flask as if making a toast.

To be continued…

Last edited:
Reactions: Detective L

El Alucard

Veteran
Kin
2,077💸
Kumi
779💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Faye spent the next few days reading the scrolls which contained the history of the Katsuryoku Clan, including the dark times that had befallen their House. With a mix of trepidation and determination, she unrolled the fragile scrolls, eager to learn more about the twelve warriors and their fateful end. Faye’s mom had always tried to keep her away from all the spiritual stuff so she never really spoke of the clan. She did however mention Faye’s father every now and then. Green hair, a burn mark across his cheek, calm and collected, a very powerful and kind man she always said.
Faye remembers how her mom would smile while talking about him, although it didn’t seem like they spent much time together. She often pondered what her father was like, where he was, if he was still alive even. But other than that she knew nothing of him. Her mom did mention that he went off to find enlightenment or something and the one time he did visit he didn’t stay long. In fact the last time he visited Faye and her mom was around the time Faye began seeing genki. Faye of course doesn’t remember him or any of this as she was too young.

Anyways. Faye mutters as she catches herself trailing off.

As she continued reading, the words painted a haunting image of the betrayal that had shaken the foundation of the House. The details of the murder, the doubts, and the ultimate brawl among the twelve warriors weighed heavily on her heart. She felt a deep sadness for the clan that had once thrived within these walls, almost as if she was there with them personally.
As Faye delved deeper into the scrolls, she discovered that the spirits of the twelve warriors were said to roam the graveyard deep within Mount Katsuryoku. Restless and bound by regret, they continued to wander as spiritual beings, their souls unable to find peace. If she could find them, perhaps they could give her the answers she was looking for.

Two figures argue softly on the other side of the room. This place, it was familiar, the smell, the warmth. I feel safe. Where though? No, when? I can’t really move well, my body feels so heavy,so uncoordinated, it’s not moving how I want it to.

Hello! Hi! Over here!

Voice 1: You know what happens to-, No I don’t want this for her!

Voice 1: No, I- I can’t.

Voice 1: You can’t

Uhm excuse me! Sorry to interrupt, I just-

The two figures suddenly turned to my direction as one of them began to approach me. It wasn’t dark but I couldn’t make out their faces at all. The figure began to tower over me the closer it got, then a whisper from behind me.

Voice 3: Who are you?

I spin around to see who it was but am met with complete darkness. I can’t see anything, not even my own hands, I’m floating in nothing. Then whispers again, only slightly louder and more voices whispering over each other this time.

Multiple voices: Who are Who you are you you Who who are you are you…

I didn't feel it at first but I do now I do, all around me. I can’t see them but they are there. A wave of fear and negative energy instantly takes over and I cannot breathe. I’m drowning in nothing, sinking in nothing. Absolute darkness but I can picture what lies within, monsters. My brain does not disappoint when coming up with images of the vile creatures that I’m convinced are definitely hidden within the pitch black.
Lumpy pale red skin, dark red eyes with even darker red pupils. Many individual cracks in their skin, which seep blood every time they even slightly move. No legs, just strips of bloody flesh hang from the edge of stumps.
I cannot see them, I cannot see anything but I’m terrified. My brain is showing me all sorts of things at this point. Death all around me, I’m floating and sinking in it all at the same time.

Then a loud scream akin to the sound a banshee would make.

WHO ARE YOU!?

Faye’s eyes snap open, she jumps up from a table she had moved to ‘her room’ , covered in a cold sweat, relieved it was just another nightmare but still shaking. Her heart was pounding so loud you could hear it, she looked around the room suspicious and paranoid that the horrors may have followed her to the waking world.
Then the tears, she silently began to cry, what about? She couldn’t exactly pin down but she felt an extreme sadness.
Her watery eyes automatically searched for and found the flask with ease. Faye made her way over to the makeshift bed sitting beside it, hugging her knees as she cried. She reached the flask and took a giant swig, taking in and welcoming the strong taste that burned its way down her throat.

Spirits for Spirits. she joked to herself whilst holding up the flask as if making a toast.

To be continued…
The morning after crept in slowly. Faye woke up with a pounding headache and a heavy heart. The room seemed to spin around her, and waves of regret washed over her. She felt exhausted and defeated, with the weight of her actions bearing down on her.
As she lay there, she acknowledged that this was the aftermath of her relapse, and she knew she couldn't let it define her journey. Summoning her strength, she made a conscious decision to face the consequences of her actions and take steps towards recovery.

Faye took a deep breath and forced herself out of bed, wincing at the sunlight streaming through the windows. She drank water to rehydrate, opened up a can of beans for breakfast and continued to read the scrolls. She moved onto the next scroll, it didn’t have much, but to her luck it was just what she needed. The scroll she opened next contained different meditation techniques, after reading she settled herself in a quiet corner for meditation. She was already familiar with all of this so it came naturally to her. Faye felt relieved that despite her recent state there was still something inside her.
Breathing deeply, she embraced the discomfort of the hangover, focusing on the present moment without judgment. Through meditation, she allowed the chaotic whirlwind of emotions to settle, finding solace in the stillness within. With each breath, the burden on her heart lightened, and she found a glimmer of hope in her own resilience.
Recognizing that recovery was a journey, Faye forgave herself for her moments of weakness starting from her most recent and going down the line and understood that setbacks were part of the process. She acknowledged the need for self-compassion and gently reminded herself that healing wasn't a linear path.
As the day progressed, Faye continued to take care of herself, nourishing her body with food and gentle exercises. Faye found the strength to stay sober, even in the face of lingering cravings.

In the days that followed, Faye engaged in mindfulness practices, learning to recognize and manage her triggers. Through journaling, she explored the emotions that had led her down this path, allowing herself to process and understand them in a healthy way.As she stayed committed to her path of healing, Faye found renewed purpose in her connection with the spirits. Embracing her unbound connection with authenticity, she discovered a newfound harmony with some genki.Fear was replaced by a sense of empowerment and renewed determination. She knew that her journey to recovery would require ongoing effort, but she faced it with a newfound sense of self-awareness and a deeper connection with herself and the spirits.Faye's resilience and strength continued to shine through, reminding her that even in moments of darkness, she had the power to rise, transform, and find her way back to the path.
Recommitting to her mindfulness and meditation practices, Faye sought to explore the root causes of her fears and struggles. She delved into her connection with the Genki, seeking insight into how her emotions intertwined with their whispers. One of the scrolls had mentioned that the more negative one's soul energy became, the more negative genki they would attract. It was why those who practiced the clan arts meditated regularly, it was why they needed to have perfect emotional control. Another scroll spoke about balance and how not leaning one’s Soul Essence one way, was beneficial.

Faye’s spiritual connection was back and better than before she could sense them everywhere once more. Their presence was no longer a threat but a reminder that she didn't have to face her battles alone. She made healthier choices and through the scrolls engaged with her House Katsuryoku training, she even practiced some martial arts becoming a drunken master specialist even (for obvious reasons). She didn’t drink again, but she remembered all the times she was drunk and how she moved during those times and incorporated it into her fighting style.
As Faye continued to face her fears with courage and grace, the Genki responded to her authenticity. Their whispers became more harmonious, guiding her towards harmony and understanding. Despite that there were still a few hostile Genki, ones that questioned who Faye was, what made her a human girl special from the rest. However, through this renewed connection, Faye realised that her unbound connection with the Genki wasn't a curse, but a unique gift that could help her find balance, maybe even guide others toward unity.
Faye had learned that embracing her vulnerabilities was not a sign of weakness but a testament to her strength as a warrior of both worlds, navigating the intricacies of her own soul and the mystical realm of the Genki.
She didn’t have all the answers, but she was happy with her progress, and maybe after a few more scrolls she would be able to answer the whispers.

[End of mission]

Last edited:

El Alucard

Veteran
Kin
2,077💸
Kumi
779💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
  • Prove yourself to the spirits.
  • Complete all 3 trials
Summary: Faye is tested by the warriors that were written about in the old Katsuryoku scrolls. The founders of House Katsuryoku!

As another day ends the evening follows it as the sun sets. Faye ventures into the graveyard, drawn by an inexplicable force. Not unfamiliar, but not known to her either. She felt a palpable presence in the air, an otherworldly energy that seemed to envelop her. As she walked among the tombstones and ancient memorials, she sensed 12 spirits. Well that’s not entirely accurate, there were other spirits around as usual but 12 of them stood out. Different from the others but also not.

Soon, shadows began to form around her, and faint whispers filled the air. A familiar event, she’d experienced this before in her dream. Faye's heart pounded in her chest as the ethereal figures moved among the graves. Familiar yet so different. Then she remembered, the history scroll had mentioned 12 warriors of the Katsuryoku Clan but surely not right? There was no way they were still around right? Their spectral forms semi-transparent, yet their essence radiated with a mixture of grief and anger. It seemingly began to become darker, the entire cemetery’s atmosphere changed, the air was thicker and full of malice and negative energy. It almost overwhelmed Faye.
In a moment of fear and courage, Faye decided to approach them, she wasn’t running this time, she was driven by a desire to understand their pain and offer solace. As she moved closer, the spectral figures turned to face her, their eyes glowing with a faint light. Their ethereal presence filled her with awe, but their energy radiated bloodlust so she remained cautious.
Faye stood among the spectral warriors in the moonlit graveyard, her heart filled with a mix of anticipation and worry. She took a deep breath, gathering her courage to begin the conversation she had been yearning for.

Faye: (softly) "I sense the weight of your regrets and the pain you carry. Please, if you are willing, I would like to understand what truly happened in the House of Katsuryoku."

Warrior 8: (with a murderous gaze) "Who are you, outsider, to come seeking the secrets of the Katsuryoku Clan? What makes you think you are worthy of our legacy?"

Faye: (steadfastly) "I am no outsider. I am Faye, a proud member of the House Katsuryoku. I am your legacy.”

Warrior 2: (Mocking Warrior 8): “She would not be able to see or communicate with us if she were an outsider, you old fool.” (The warrior turns back to Faye once more taking a menacing tone) “I do not however remember our clan ever having such weak willed individuals.”

Faye: (steadfastly) "With all due respect, I would not be here if my will were weak.”

The atmosphere lightened slightly giving Faye more confidence. She couldn’t believe she was actually talking to the original founders. Without knowing, Faye had subconsciously suppressed most of the negative energy or rather it didn’t affect her at all. Her recent training was paying off, not that she noticed.
With most of the negative energy suppressed she was left with a lot of excitement, curiosity. Her Soul Essence leaned towards the positive spectrum of emotions. Faye managed a stoic expression on the outside though.

Warrior 3: (Mumbling to self) “Idiot, your emotional control is all over the place, it’s not all or nothing neither is it one or the other.”

(Warrior 7 clears her throat)

Warrior 7: (crossing arms) "Words are empty without actions to back them up. If you are truly sincere, prove it. Show us you bear the Katsuryoku gift. Prove your worth.”

Faye: (determined) "I accept your challenge. Whatever you wish me to do, I'll prove that my intentions are pure and that I am worthy of your trust."

Warrior 7: (skeptically) "Very well. We shall put you to the test. Show us your strength, your wisdom, and your ability to respect the spirits that linger in this place."

Trial 1: The Trial of Physical Strength
For the first trial, Faye was led to a vast, ancient training ground hidden within the depths of Mount Katsuryoku. The spectral warriors surrounded stood to the side, as one of them merged with the ground. A burly man made of rock emerged from the ground, with a sword made of rock.

Warrior 1: "Prove your physical strength. Defeat me in combat."

Faye: “Whoa time out! How are you doing that? Genki normally require a blood sacrifice or chakra to do that!”

Warrior 1: “Begin”

Faye squared her shoulders, cool as a cucumber she faced the burly stone warrior. Although made of stone his figure was very detailed, like a marble statue. He was an imposing figure, standing tall with bulging muscles, his eyes glowed with determination to test her physical strength. As the fight began, Faye's instincts kicked in, and she deftly evaded the first powerful swing of the warrior's massive sword.

Warrior 1: "You think you can take me down, little one? Prepare to be crushed!"

With a loud battle cry, the burly warrior lunged forward, swinging his sword with immense force. Faye narrowly dodged the attack, feeling the rush of air from the blade. With her many abilities, she knew she could easily end the fight but where was the fun in that?
Besides they were testing her so they probably wanted to see what she could do, so she challenged herself not to use anything but a regular sword. She wouldn’t even remove her leg weights or rely on her Kāma seal. Not that she was looking down on her opponent at all, in fact in terms of physical strength (without her abilities) she knew she couldn't match his strength head-on especially since he was made of rock, so she would rely on her agility and speed, darting around him like a nimble dancer.

Their swords clashed, the sound echoing through the training ground. Faye's arms trembled with the impact, but she refused to back down. She focused on finding openings in the warrior's defence, aiming for vulnerable spots to chip away at his endurance.
As the fight wore on, Faye's breaths grew heavy, and sweat poured down her forehead. She felt the strain in her muscles, and her movements became sluggish. She realized she’d been too reliant on her abilities and neglected the basics. The burly warrior, unaffected by fatigue, pressed on, relentlessly pursuing her.
Faye's energy waned, but she drew upon her inner resolve and determination. She recalled the training and wisdom she had gained from her past fights, and she knew she had to find a way to outsmart her opponent.
With a burst of energy, she launched a flurry of quick strikes, keeping the burly warrior on the defensive. However, his sheer strength was overwhelming, and a powerful blow sent Faye crashing to the ground. Her ribs cracked and she coughed up blood as she struggled to rise, her vision blurred, and her body aching from the near fatal impact.

Warrior 1: "You're no match for me, child! Give up now!"

But Faye refused to surrender, she was having too much fun. She summoned the last reserves of her strength and pushed herself back to her feet. She knew she couldn't afford to let her guard down, even for a moment.
With a newfound determination, she focused on her opponent's patterns, searching for any weakness she could exploit. The burly warrior, confident in his advantage, went in to kill his wounded prey and left himself open for a split second, Faye seized the opportunity.
In one swift motion, she dodged his strike and delivered a powerful kick to his side, throwing him off balance. Taking advantage of the opening, she lunged forward, slashing at a crack located on his shoulder.
The burly warrior let out a loud roar, but he was far from defeated. With a surge of adrenaline, he retaliated, aiming to crush Faye once and for all. Faye's vision blurred further, and her movements became sluggish, but her will to survive and emerge victorious burned brightly within her.
In a final act of desperation, she summoned her last ounces of energy and unleashed a precise strike, aiming for the burly warrior's sword arm. Her blade connected, and she watched as the warrior's weapon fell to the ground, his grip loosening.
Seizing the opportunity, Faye delivered one last strike, destroying the warrior's stone body completely. His spectral form floated backwards, defeated and in shock.

Warrior 1: "You… you've won."

Warrior 2: (Laughing at Warrior 1) I think she may have been going easy on you.

Warrior 1: (Disgruntled) Impossible, she nearly died. I left myself open on purpose! Tell them, child!

Faye simply smiled.

It was risky to not use her abilities to the end but it also allowed her to physically push herself to the brink, and as a bonus she had proven her physical strength and her unwavering determination.
The spectral warriors (except warrior one) surrounded her, offering their approval and admiration for her bravery. Faye's victory in the first trial had forged a deeper bond between her and the warriors.

Trial 2: The Trial of Wisdom
Next, the spectral warriors led Faye to a vast library within the mansion. Shelves were filled with scrolls, ancient tomes, and intricate artifacts. Warrior 2 stepped forward, holding an ancient parchment in his hand.

Warrior 2: "Prove your wisdom. Solve these 3 riddles."

As Faye stood in the vast library within the Katsuryoku Mansion, surrounded by ancient scrolls and tomes, the spectral warriors prepared to present her with the three riddles that would test her wisdom and understanding of life, spirituality, and the human soul.

Warrior 2: "The first riddle, young one, speaks of the eternal cycle of life and death. 'I am born in the light, yet I thrive in darkness. I am sought after, yet I elude the grasp of many. What am I?'"

Faye furrowed her brow, contemplating the riddle's meaning. She recognised the theme of contrasting elements and the idea of elusiveness.

Faye: "The answer to this riddle is the 'moon.' It is born in the light of the sun's reflection, yet it thrives in the darkness of the night. It is constantly sought after, but it eludes the grasp of those who try to capture its ethereal beauty."

Warrior 2: "Impressive. Your answer holds truth and depth. Let us move on to the second riddle. 'I am all around you, yet you cannot see me. I am a bridge between the material and the spiritual, guiding your inner journey. What am I?'"

Faye closed her eyes, attempting to connect with her inner self and draw upon her spiritual understanding. She recognised the symbolism of a bridge and the idea of guiding one's inner journey.

Faye: “The answer to this riddle is the 'breath.' It is all around us, yet we cannot see it with our eyes. It serves as a bridge, connecting our physical existence with our spiritual essence, guiding our inner journey as we embrace each breath as a moment of mindfulness and awareness.”

Warrior 2: “Well done. Your insight is commendable. Now, for the final riddle. 'I am a measure of the soul's growth, yet I am beyond time and space. I am what remains when the body fades, and I hold the essence of your existence. What am I?'”

Faye took a deep breath, feeling the weight of the riddle's significance. She pondered the idea of a measure of the soul's growth and what remains beyond the limitations of time and space.

Faye: "The answer to this riddle is the 'legacy.' It is a measure of the soul's growth, as it is a reflection of the impact one leaves behind through their actions, beliefs, and contributions. It transcends time and space, as a person's legacy can influence generations to come. When the body fades, the legacy remains, holding the essence of one's existence and the imprint they leave on the world."

The spectral warriors nodded, acknowledging Faye's profound understanding and wisdom in answering the riddles. They could see that she had delved deep into her consciousness and drawn upon her knowledge of life, spirituality, and the human soul to find the answers.

Warrior 4: "You have demonstrated a remarkable depth of understanding, young one. Your answers have illuminated the truth within each riddle. We are pleased to see your wisdom and insight, however you have not proved yourself just yet."

Faye smiled as her heart swelled with gratitude and pride, knowing that her connection with the spectral warriors had deepened through these tests. With each riddle answered, she felt a stronger bond with the spirits of the Katsuryoku Clan, and she was more determined than ever to honour their legacy and preserve their wisdom for generations to come.

Trial 3: The Trial of Spiritual Prowess and Willpower
The final trial took place within the heart of the graveyard, surrounded by the spirits of the fallen warriors. The air crackled with spiritual energy as Warrior 3 approached Faye.

Warrior 3: "Prove your spiritual prowess and willpower. Face the tormenting illusions that haunt this place."

Faye nodded, her heart steady as she prepared herself for the challenge. As the warriors stepped back, the environment around her began to shift, and she found herself surrounded by a surreal dreamscape.
As Faye stepped into the surreal dreamscape for her final trial, the atmosphere around her transformed into a hazy, ethereal realm. The graveyard seemed to melt away, replaced by dark swirling mists and shifting shadows.

Faye closed her eyes, centering herself and drawing upon her spiritual essence.

The illusions materialized from the mist, taking the form of translucent figures that flickered like candle flames. Each illusion wore a different expression, mirroring Faye's inner fears and doubts.

The first illusion emerged with a mirror-like visage, projecting Faye's own image with an air of uncertainty and self-doubt. The illusion's eyes held a hint of sadness, and its voice echoed with vulnerability.

"I don't belong here. I'm just an outsider. What makes me think I can bear the Katsuryoku gift?" the illusion murmured.

Faye's heart tightened as she recognized her own inner voice of doubt. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and centered herself. The spectral warriors' presence felt tangible, offering her a sense of strength and reassurance.

Steeling her resolve, Faye opened her eyes and confronted the illusion head-on. "I am no outsider, I am Faye of the House Katsuryoku, and I have earned the trust of our founders. I am here with sincerity and reverence, and that is what makes me worthy."

The illusion wavered and seemed to weaken, unable to maintain its presence against Faye's conviction.

The next illusion manifested as a shadowy figure, depicting Faye's past failures and mistakes. It cast itself over her, surrounding her in darkness and projecting memories of her moments of doubt and regret.

Faye gritted her teeth, recalling those painful memories. But she refused to let them consume her. The teachings in the scrolls echoed in her mind, reminding her that growth came from learning and overcoming obstacles.

"I am not defined by my past," she declared, her voice unwavering. "Those moments have shaped me, and I have learned from them. They do not define who I am now."

The illusion flickered and began to fade, unable to overshadow Faye's resilience.

The final and most formidable illusion appeared, taking the form of a distorted version of herself. It wore a cloak of darkness, its features contorted with self-doubt and fear. The illusion taunted her with a sinister voice, attempting to sway her with words of surrender and defeat. It hurled insults and slurs.
Faye could feel the illusion's words, but she refused to succumb. The spectral warriors' presence felt more potent than ever, as if their collective strength bolstered her own.

With unwavering determination, Faye faced the illusion. "I will not give up," she declared firmly. “ I will not be swayed by fear or doubt."

The illusion writhed and struggled to maintain its presence, but Faye's resolve was unyielding. As she confronted each illusion with courage and conviction, the dreamscape began to shift. The swirling mists started to clear, and rays of light broke through the darkness. The illusions dissipated, leaving Faye standing in the center of the transformed space. She had conquered her inner demons, proving her spiritual prowess and her indomitable will.

Warrior 7: "You have faced the tormenting illusions with courage and determination, young one. Your spiritual prowess and willpower are commendable. You have truly earned the right to carry the Katsuryoku gift."

The other warriors nodded in agreement, and a radiant pink aura surrounded Faye, symbolizing her full rebirth within the clan. Whether they liked her or not Faye would never again doubt who she is. The genki could suck it!

With the final trial completed, Faye knew she was ready to embrace the responsibility of carrying the Katsuryoku gift, honouring the legacy of the fallen clan, and preserving their wisdom for generations to come. The surreal dreamscape had challenged her, but it had also strengthened her resolve and reaffirmed her connection to the spectral warriors who had accepted her as one of their own.

Warrior 1: (with a melancholic voice) "Long ago, a member of our own betrayed the clan. It was Eiji, one of the twelve, who succumbed to darkness and murdered Ren, another founder, in a fit of jealousy and ambition."

Warrior 2: (gravely) "Doubt and hatred spread like wildfire among us, clouding our vision and leading us into a deadly confrontation. In that moment of chaos, we turned on each other, and when the dust settled, I found myself the last one standing."

Warrior 5: (with a hint of sorrow) "Eiji's betrayal was not the only cause of our downfall. Our own weaknesses and inability to trust one another also played a part. Our vision was clouded by doubt, and in our desperation, we made choices we now deeply regret."

Faye: "I believe in redemption and forgiveness. It's never too late to find peace, even in the afterlife. Is there any way I can help you find that peace?"

Warrior 6: (thoughtfully) "Your presence alone has already brought some measure of solace to our tormented souls. But there is one last thing we ask of you, if you are willing."

Faye: "Please, tell me what you need, and I will do my best to assist you."

Warrior 7: (with a glimmer of hope) "Help us find a way to release our spirits from this realm, to break the curse that binds us to the mountain. Only then can we find true peace."

Faye: "I’m not sure I know how to do that yet, but I promise I will do everything in my power to fulfil your wish. You deserve to find rest and serenity after everything you’ve gone through, all of you."

As the conversation continued late into the night, Faye learned the entire truth about what had happened to the House of Katsuryoku. The warriors shared their regrets, fears, and hopes, finding solace in finally revealing the secrets that had burdened them for so long. As the moments passed, Faye sensed a subtle shift in the atmosphere. The warriors' initial anger and restlessness seemed to soften, as if her words and presence had brought them some measure of comfort. They spoke in hushed, ethereal voices, recounting the events that had led to their downfall and the sorrow they had carried since then.
Through their stories, Faye felt a profound connection to these ancient spirits. She understood the complexity of their emotions and the burden they had carried for centuries. In that shared moment, it was as if their souls had found a temporary respite from their restless existence.

With the night growing darker, Faye decided to call it a night returning to her room in the mansion. Over the next few days, Faye continued her interactions with the spectral warriors, offering her companionship and learning from their experiences. Even learning things that were not in the scrolls.
During her meditation sessions, Faye focused on attuning herself to the whispers of the Genki, not as a means of control but as a means of connection and understanding. In these moments of vulnerability, she learned to embrace the ebb and flow of their energy, forging a newfound harmony within herself and with the spirits.
As Faye's mental and spiritual clarity grew, she experienced a reawakening and massive improvement of her innate connection with the Genki. She began to perceive their whispers not as a burden, but as a source of wisdom and guidance. With renewed purpose and strength, she embraced her unbound connection.
In her daily life, Faye found joy and fulfillment in simple moments. She immersed herself in the beauty of nature, connecting with the spirits of the land and the elements. The Genki spirits responded to her newfound appreciation, becoming her allies as a bridge between the pure and impure realm.

A Katsuryoku.

[End of Mission]

Last edited:
Reactions: Rinnebel

El Alucard

Veteran
Kin
2,077💸
Kumi
779💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
For an entire week, Faye had pored over the heart-wrenching letter from Mirabelle, reading and re-reading its words until they became etched into her heart like scars. Each passing day only seemed to deepen the pain, making it a hauntingly familiar companion. But as the days melted into nights and the nights bled into dawns, a gentle acceptance began to settle within her.

With a deep inhalation, Faye rose from her bed, the weight of her determination palpable in the air around her. The once-piercing words on the paper had lost some of their initial sting, allowing her to finally consider taking that crucial next step. She reached into her pocket and retrieved something that had been a constant presence during this emotional journey. The object served as a reminder that her intention was not to obliterate Mirabelle from her history, but rather to embark on a journey of letting go in a way that promoted her healing.

As Faye held the Vivre Card in her trembling hand, she let herself bask in the warm glow of cherished memories. The card held a life of its own—a testament to the moments they'd shared. While those moments might have lost their place in her present, they still remained an integral part of her personal narrative.

With a small but purposeful pause, Faye acknowledged the heaviness in her heart, yet she pressed on with a quiet determination.
"Welp, I guess she's going to want this back," she mused, her words a blend of humor and acknowledgment.
The act of returning the Vivre Card was more than just a gesture; it was a symbolic affirmation of closure, a nod to the affection they'd once shared, while also signifying her readiness to embrace new horizons.

Her gaze turned to the markings winding up her arm, and a delicate horn protruding from her forehead added an air of mystical determination. As Faye walked into the serene courtyard of the mansion, the world around her seemed to shift. A rift, like a tear in reality itself, materialized before her. She stepped through the rift, ready to embark on a new chapter.

Type: Mode
Range: Short
Chakra: 80 for level 1, 100 for level 2.
Damage: ( Varies depending on Level )
Description: Kāma, a seal that normally serves as a compressed backup of an Ōtsutsuki that they can embed in the body of a chosen recipient to transform into should they sustain fatal injuries, is capable of being placed on entities that are not considered proper vessels. Such individuals are unable to serve as a receptacle for the Ōtsutsuki's soul and thus cannot be used for the process of reincarnation, but retain its other traits, gaining tremendous power and abilities. When activated, this Red Kāma significantly enhances the user's physical abilities and power as well as allows the usage of Kāma Rift as well as Nesaku. They can also make use of Kāma to absorb enemy's attacks like ninjutsu and large-scale explosions. Unlike the normal seal, this variant only has 2 levels, differentiated between the power gain and the manifestion of a horn that grows across their head similar to a headband but spiked in the middle, extending over the top of the head towards the spine.

• Level 1: The lowest level, this version simply creates black markings across the user's body, and increases all of their Ninjutsu and Taijutsu by +15. This level also allows the user to cause explosions of built up chakra and allows the user the ability to absorb Ninjutsu containing up to 40 chakra regardless of rank up to 3 times ( once per turn ). The user gains a doubled speed boost as well as a durability capable of reducing 20 damage from techniques. He also becomes capable of healing 10 damage per turn.
  • Level 2: This level, containing the same markings as before but with them now stretching up the arm and allowing the user to grow a small horn, likewise allows the user to increase their physical attacks and Ninjutsu by +20. Their Kāma now allows the user the ability to absorb any Ninjutsu of 50 chakra and below regardless of rank up to 3 times ( once per turn ) and the use of Kāma Rift. The user gains a 3x speed boost as well as a durability capable of reducing 30 damage from techniques. He also becomes capable of healing 15 damage per turn.
Note: Kāma cannot absorb non-chakra based physical matter, such as non chakra based viruses or natural existing water from a river being manipulated, thus becoming a vulnerability towards such attacks and weapons.
Note: Only Custom Characters with Red Kāma can use this.
Note: Can only be activated a max of 3 times. Level 1 lasts up to 5 turns while Level 2 can only be used a max of 4 turns. Collectively, this technique can only last a max of 7 turns each use before timing out.
Note: After absorption, the user is only able to use 2 jutsu the next turn

Type: Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra: 50
Damage: N/A
Description: This technique is a Space–Time Ninjutsu used by those with access to Kāma. The user creates a rift, which allows anyone enveloped to transfer to a chosen location including foreign dimensions. The rift's formation is fast enough to catch targets off guard and transport them alongside the user, as well as to evade attacks from enemies at the last moment. Two Kāma recipients can collaboratively manifest the rift from their marks to bypass barriers. The rift's formation is fast enough for catch targets off guard, teleporting as close as 5 meters away and if in contact with them, transport them alongside himself when teleporting.
Note: Can only be used once every 2 turns and requires Kāma to be active.
Note: Can only be used by Kawaki, Boruto, Jigen and custom bios with Red Kāma
Note: Can only be used 3 times in Level 2 and 5 times in Level 3.

LLM