Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wanted to make this thread for a while now, about two seriously underrated summons

And it's these two little guys right here,

You must be registered for see images
Fukasaku and Shima, two of my absolute most favorite characters on Naruto, they are pretty much invisible to people as far as I know. I don't think people really take time to really consider all of their strengths and I have to say that when a sm user pulls these two out, they easily vie for a spot on the top 10, and I just want to take some time to point out all of their strengths.

First off the #1 advantage these guys have over most summons is the fact that they can use a variety of ninjutsu, and I think most ppl forget about that in general when placing any toads in any matchups. That automatically gives them an advantage over all but the most OP summons. But with Ma and Pa toad it's quite different, these two have also mastered Sage mode, which as you know boost any and all ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu.

Now the first toad I want to cover is this little sweet incredible lady right here
Shima toad, she's nice and sports quite the chakra load, seeing as she managed to pull this feat right here that went unnoticed.
3 friggin boss level toad summons with herself, her man, Nardo and gamakichi in there for good measure, how many people do you know could pull that off? Another thing I want to point out is 1 of her 2 chakra natures, and I'll do that with this pic right here
As you can see Shima is quite proficient with Katon, and the best part is that she can also use it in tandem with Fukasaku's Fuuton, and make a pretty fierce combo attack, I couldn't imagine what would happen if they did that while Nardo tossed a FRS in the mix, I'm pretty sure it'd wreak some havoc, and it's well within their capabilities.

Her second element I want to point out right here in this pic
This is another thing that I think went under the radar with most ppl, the effectiveness of this jutsu, her sage art wind release dust cloud. With this move she was able to obscure the rinnegans complete field of vision, so much so that Fukasaku was able to throw Gamabunta Long range like a quarterback onto the field and none of the peins saw what happened, not even the one that got swallowed ever knew wtf had just happened.
And we know for a fact that a sage mode user such as Nardo can fight in complete darkness, so if she used this on any ninja that is not a sensor with Sage mode Nardo in the fray, they are as good as dead, frog kata or rasengan would 1 shot before they know what's going on, basically making it a poor mans silent killing.

Another jutsu of hers I wanted to point out is this one right here
Now this is her bread and butter, and imho is her best jutsu. Notice what pein says about it's execution speed, he clearly said too fast, and look how tiny Jiraiya is, meaning it traversed quite the ditance in almost no time. This means to me it has a good chance of surprising most ppl if it catches them of guard, which wouldn't be hard to do if she's fighting with my boy Nardo. I want ppl to pay attention to three things about this jutsu
Notice how she says if it's living we'll find it in no time first of all, this means that her tongue could possibly sniff out someone like Muu, who can hide from the most seasoned sensors, another fact is that it coats the target in a corrosive mucous, this would get into clothing, ears, eyes, it'd just totally mess up anyones day and could quite easily remove a sharingan or two from play should that mucous come into direct contact with an eyeball, I'm betting it'll give you more than pinkeye. The third thing I want you to notice is the force that chameleon got slammed with, she managed to break the ground and if not for the soft squishy organs of the chameleon I'm sure pein would have been banged up from that attack.

Now I'd like to take the time to go over Fukasaku, this little guy here
Fukasaku is a hero and is hardly ever brought up in conversation which is strange considering he was in one of the most badass moments in the entire manga, the death of Jiraiya, he was right there and honestly it was awesome as shit in the anime how he let Jiraiya burn that code in his back when his throat got crushed, it just goes to show how ride or die Fukasaku is, he even died fighting against pein which just goes to show his iron clad resolve, you know he's gonna be with you until the bitter end. He isn't to be trifled with as he has mastered sage mode and takes full advantage of it's herculean strength
He was able to lift up A huge statue as large as a summon with 1 hand, and was even able to throw Gamabunta a considerable distance, which would lead me to believe he's probably deadly in melee, He knows frog kata as well it's possible that if he caught you off guard he could 1 shot you like Nardo with a foot to the face. Also you should know that he also has fuuton, which I've already pointed out, and also suiton. Another important thing I want to point out about Fukasaku is his wisdom, both toads are no dummies and can be quite the thinkers, but it was Fukasaku that first pointed this out.
He was the first to point out the secret of the rinnegan, which was crazy because at the time no one knew anything about him, he was shrouded in mystery, so the toads observational skills should not go unnoticed in this feat.

This right here is another jutsu of the frog sage and quite possibly his best
He spits out a stream of water and pressurizes it so much it slices thru stone, peins summon did not stand a chance against it. It is easily a game changer and should it do so much as graze a limb that would be enough to take a limb off. And it's got quit the considerable distance.
Now that I've covered them both individually I just wanna talk about a few of their combo attacks
First off let it be known that if you get caught in this genjutsu it's end game, your real body is paralyzed so you can't bite your lip or break your finger or anything that would work for tayuya's sound genjutsu, except cover your ears. Most ppl know about this already so I'll go into detail about another quite effective combo attack.
Sage art frog call was strong enough to stop two huge summons long enough for Nardo to position himself behind them and shove a giant rasengan up their arse. Now keep in mind those frogs were yelling so loud that the dog and buffalo couldn't even concentrate on moving forward, it's possible that technique might be able to stop a susanoo user from keeping his susanoo up, similar to Kabuto's white rage jutsu.
So basically to sum up my thread I wanna say ma and pa are boss level summons, and their presence on the battlefield turns SM Nardo and Jiraiya into top 10 contenders due to all their advantages which can cover a wide variety of situations
Well that's my thread, sorry it couldn't be better but I'm tired of typing, I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:

-immortal-

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Most underrated is Aoda . why?

because aoda is fast

every summon or beats can have a good amount of speed. but people are forgetting the power of a snake
chooking its pray

i know that are Chakra chains way more powerfull^

but if you think about it. Mr.Toad could calmly sit his ass down on la Kyuubi 16 years ago.

so Aoda could Probably choke a Bijuu

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Agreed , they're disgustingly underrated .

Another one would be Kabuto's Manda : People still think of it as if it were Oro's , but is not & underrate everything about it just because is another manda & ignore everything that Kabuto said . u_u .

Overrated : The fvcking slug .

Last edited:

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know lots of people know how strong it is already but I don't think they realise just how OP and haxed it truly is.

You have to have the most specific of techniques to defeat this thing, the cerberus alone is probably the strongest summon IMO.

Katsuyu is so damn overrated, I bet you hit it with any move that isn't physical and it burns alive. Get some salt fgs

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The dog is nice but it's too one dimensional, what if an opponent is hiding or out of range? Or imagine the third raikage who is immune to physical attack, ma and pa have all that covered and more.

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The dog is nice but it's too one dimensional, what if an opponent is hiding or out of range? Or imagine the third raikage who is immune to physical attack, ma and pa have all that covered and more.
Oh yeah Ma & Pa definitely are stronger but the dog is still so underrated at the same time. Also the only ninja who have real counters to it were very special cases- Third Raikage, Jiraiya (giant toads and the barrier jutsu is just lucky) man even sealing won't do much good as it'll just split up and reemerge.)

My personal list is:
1. Manda II
2. Ma & Pa
3. Cerberus
4. Manda
5. Gamabunta/Baku
6. Ibuse

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh yeah Ma & Pa definitely are stronger but the dog is still so underrated at the same time. Also the only ninja who have real counters to it were very special cases- Third Raikage, Jiraiya (giant toads and the barrier jutsu is just lucky) man even sealing won't do much good as it'll just split up and reemerge.)

My personal list is:
1. Manda II
2. Ma & Pa
3. Cerberus
4. Manda
5. Gamabunta/Baku
6. Ibuse
I think that list is pretty spot on, however ma and pa have human level intelligence and are small, which means they can go places that are out of a large summons reach, their versatility can't be matched by any summon I've seen, I feel like they can do more to a wider variety of enemies and situations seeing as they have access to high level ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu.

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sounds like you're trying to justify Naruto in disquise since Madara is going to extract Kurama so the only thar has left is his weak SM and these toads.

Any sneak like Manda, Manda lvl 2, Aoda > toads.
Aoda is the weakest of the big snakes, Manda 2 is the only snake worth mentioning, and genjutsu does him in easy, try again

AGoodBoy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
An argument can also be made that enma puts hiruzen in the top 10. So, it's no guarantee that jiraiya's in top 10 because of this 2, especially considering how long it takes him to summon them, whereas hiruzen just taps the ground to summon enma. Enma might not have as many jutsu as these 2, but enma is strong as hell in his own right.

Reactions: Retsu

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think that list is pretty spot on, however ma and pa have human level intelligence and are small, which means they can go places that are out of a large summons reach, their versatility can't be matched by any summon I've seen, I feel like they can do more to a wider variety of enemies and situations seeing as they have access to high level ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu.
Yeah that's a fair argument and the info you put up about the toads is pretty rad stuff but I still can't imagine the toads with all their jutsu and intelligence being able to fight an island/small country-seizing snake. There's few HUMANS in the NV who could deal with that tbh, Manda II should be left out of these lists

Reactions: Retsu

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah that's a fair argument and the info you put up about the toads is pretty rad stuff but I still can't imagine the toads with all their jutsu and intelligence being able to fight an island/small country-seizing snake. There's few HUMANS in the NV who could deal with that tbh, Manda II should be left out of these lists
Thanks, I worked a good bit on this thread, so I'm glad you liked it, and yea you're right about how threatening manda 2 is however, in certain situations it's size can be a disadvantage, a huge creature like that is a target for a 1 shot jutsu such as Amaterasu, however this doesn't make it any less deadly, I just feel that personally there's nothing manda 2 could do that the frogs couldn't get done in some way, while the reverse isn't true for manda, he can't distract opponents with dust clouds or catch them in a genjutsu like ma and pa can.

Now Manda is strong and can possibly take on multiple and HUGE opponents, but if those opponents can go airborne or have strong ranged attacks, manda is a sitting duck, the frogs still have a nice plethora of options available, which puts them ahead of other summons in my opinion, Not to say any summon like Enma isn't good, it's just that the toads just have more options, which gives them way more flexibility in most situations.

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks, I worked a good bit on this thread, so I'm glad you liked it, and yea you're right about how threatening manda 2 is however, in certain situations it's size can be a disadvantage, a huge creature like that is a target for a 1 shot jutsu such as Amaterasu, however this doesn't make it any less deadly, I just feel that personally there's nothing manda 2 could do that the frogs couldn't get done in some way, while the reverse isn't true for manda, he can't distract opponents with dust clouds or catch them in a genjutsu like ma and pa can.

Now Manda is strong and can possibly take on multiple and HUGE opponents, but if those opponents can go airborne or have strong ranged attacks, manda is a sitting duck, the frogs still have a nice plethora of options available, which puts them ahead of other summons in my opinion, Not to say any summon like Enma isn't good, it's just that the toads just have more options, which gives them way more flexibility in most situations.
Would going air-bourne even affect Manda? The pure size of the clone snake kinda makes the sky irrelevant. Plus most one-shot moves aren't really going to be beating Manda. Amateresu especially as Manda like his predecessor can shed his skin or do the Orochimaru trick.

Ma & Pa are the most, useful, diverse and intelligent- but not the strongest. Also the Animal Path (although I know it's multiple summons) has the most diverse, tricky and useful summons as a whole.

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Would going air-bourne even affect Manda? The pure size of the clone snake kinda makes the sky irrelevant. Plus most one-shot moves aren't really going to be beating Manda. Amateresu especially as Manda like his predecessor can shed his skin or do the Orochimaru trick.

Ma & Pa are the most, useful, diverse and intelligent- but not the strongest. Also the Animal Path (although I know it's multiple summons) has the most diverse, tricky and useful summons as a whole.
peins bird summon could drop bombs on him, deidara could drop bombs, or sai could draw a bunch of birds to keep Nardo and company airborne around the big guy, and like I said, Manda 2 is good for it's raw power, but what if it needs to get to an opponent that wants to evade it? Being able to go airborne means someone can play keep away and take pot shots.

And ma and pa have a wider variety of offensive moves since peins summons are mostly physical attackers with a few specialized ones, and just because they lack raw power compared to Big guy summons doesn't mean they aren't the most effective, and I just see them giving their users the biggest advantage overall, Ma can track ppl and Pa can throw Gamabunta like a quarterback, I just don't see anyone being able to go up against these two summons in a battle if it was strictly between summons.

Ma and pa can't outright beat Manda 2, but they could distract him, or possibly place him in genjutsu. And not to mention the fact that Fukasaku could damage him quite severely with this move right here

Boston Rob

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know lots of people know how strong it is already but I don't think they realise just how OP and haxed it truly is.

You have to have the most specific of techniques to defeat this thing, the cerberus alone is probably the strongest summon IMO.

Katsuyu is so damn overrated, I bet you hit it with any move that isn't physical and it burns alive. Get some salt fgs
Here strongest summon ever is burning