You must be registered for see images

General Info: a masterpiece.

Series Name: Monster X Monster

Year of Serialization: 2014

Author(s): Nikiichi Tobita

Artist(s): Nikiichi Tobita

Genre(s): Action / Comedy / Fantasy / Shonen

Current Status: ongowing

Moment of Reviewing: I've read the 11 chapters that has come till now, so I will be reviewing these

Other Formats: only in manga format for now

Series Summary: Once upon a time, this world was ruled by beasts. Humans no longer sat on top of the food chain, becoming the monsters' prey. However, those who would stand up against the monsters gathered together and they continued to battle against the monsters in order to survive against their rule. Since then, hundreds of years have passed... and now the "fight" against the monsters has become the "hunt" for the monsters.

Critical Review:

guys, I really don't get why there is not yet a thread on this masterpiece.

why I am saying that it is a masterpiece. Well, let's begin with the story.
this Manga is about a world where the humans hunt monsters. they hunt monsters and get some incredible items from them, they bring it and sell it, so they call them bringers.

this concept is just like an RPG game, you kill a donjon boss and get the items and go back to the village and sell it. actually, the manga is highly inspired from the game "monster hunter", the concept is 100% the same, and even the swords have the same design.

in this world the best job is to be a bringer, just like getting a job as trader in wallstreet for example.

so now you have and idea on this manga world and how it is turning. the concept may seem stolen from the game monster hunter but it is not, their is a difference between inspiration and plagiarism.

their is no plagiarism in this manga for reasons :

- The author took the world but the story that takes place in this world has been made by him + in the games there are only small villages and in the manga we have a great civilzation + in the games theire is no story, you make a character and go hunt the monsters and become as strong as you can that's all, what makes this game interesting is the multiplayer that can be really fun.

- the autor took a raw material and crafted a great story, just like kishimoto who has been inspired by the japanese mythologie (the bijus, kaguya, orochimaru, the shinobis, etc.) that is exactly the same.

- in this world of hunters, the hero is a 30 years old guy who lives with his mother, spends his day playing video games, to lazy to search for a job, and can't even touch monsters because they scare the shit out of him...the author says that this guy is going tho be a legend in the world of bringers.

- the hero is a pervert, a looser, a coward...yes at the begining he doesn't have any kind of courage, he constantly gets himself in weird situations. he doesn't have a dream, he wants to change at every chapter at the begining but just gives up some seconds laters, he has no will, so no naruto nindo here guys haha

- but later in the story you understand little by little that the author is right about him.

- you can't read a chapter without laughting at least one time.

now for the art, look at the images and judge for yourself.

week points ? I really don't see anyone at the moment, the 11 chapters I've read this far made me laugh and live some great moments (I find a lot of myself in this hero and I'm sure that a lot of you will feel the same haha)

with some great fan service

Last edited:

nefraiko

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it has nothing to do with hunter X hunter believe me, but it gets some things from the monster hunter game in my opinion. BUT, it has a lot of original ideas, the hero for an example, nothing to do with everything that has come before as far as I'm concerned

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. They jacked the concept from Attack on Titan with instead of Titans it's monsters. Not to mention the characters in those scans look like ripped attack on Titan characters. The design bop is obvious.

2. They totally bopped the Hunter x Hunter concept with the name. I mean it's blatant.

I'm glad you found something to like though, but it just seems too reject for me. I like unique, more original things.

nefraiko

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
are you serious ? the design and the art really can't compare to SNK, it is far better than attack on titans.
its like comparing berserk's art with SNK, totally different leagues
did you read the manga ? or is it just a first impression ? here there is no slaughter like in SNK, people actually hunt monsters and get their skin and treasures and sell it nothing to do with SNK
I don't think you've read the manga because what you said is totally out of place

Last edited:

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I love how people just ignored the OP's review and just stated nonsense like the title ripped off of HxH.

OT: Nice but from the scan you provided, I really don't see this having the potential on being Berserk's art. Don't take it the wrong way, the art does look nice but Berserk's art is legendary. 11 chapters? Yikes, sounds like the translation process is slow which is to be expected. I'll wait till there's a lot more chapters to read before I give it a try. The premise does sound nice.

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
are you serious ? the design and the art really can't compare to SNK, it is far better than attack on titans.
its like comparing berserk's art with SNK, totally different leagues
did you read the manga ? or is it just a first impression ? here there is no slaughter like in SNK, people actually hunt monsters and get their skin and treasures and sell it nothing to do with SNK
I don't think you've read the manga because what you said is totally out of place
Well maybe you should review it better. All this is based on the "review" you gave that didn't explain anything. :bdpf:

Look at others reviews for examples.

nefraiko

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
here is what is original about this manga :
-the hero is just a normal guy, in a world of hunters, he can't even touch monsters at the begining, he just spends his days playing video games, and the author states that he will be a legend in the hunting field, this guy has 30 years

- comic situations

- the way the author tells the story and combines the monsters and hunters concept

the manga has just begun, and it shows all of this potential

Last edited: