Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gentle Fist is the action of inserting chakra into an opponent's chakra network through the aid of the Byakugan during combat, which is exactly what Momoshiki did. Why would you think otherwise?
Probably because it didn’t shut down any of Naruto’s Chakra points. Naruto took the hits and kept coming without having to knead chakra or force his CP(chakra points) open again.

But as I theorized above, I think momo’s is the original style and the Gentle Fist was later forged around that particular style.

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Let's stop acting like what you think matters. It happened. So, you're telling me that him using Gentle Fist is improbable, impossible, and that he's incapable of doing so? Whether it happened in the manga or not, it happened.
>Says, “let’s stop acting like what you think matters.”
>Proceeds to ask my opinion.

Fact is, you’re hyped up over a filler feat and what’s worse, you were hurt to the point where you dig into a year old thread and pulled comments from it. Your opinion is irrelevant.

sasuketenten

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Let’s stop acting like that episode is completely canon. Literally 95% of everything in that episode didn’t happen in the manga at all and the other 5% was altered, seemingly to contradict what happened in the manga.

Yes it’s a great episode but that’s all it is. It isn’t canon to the series.
Yeah but what is canon nowadays. We got so many different continuity( the manga the boruto movie, the boruto anime) who knows anymore...hell the boruto manga writer/artist isn't even kish to begin with.

neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Momo wasn't sending Chakra them with his hits.. Base Naruto after getting hit after hit to the torso and face would've surely made note that his friggin organs were being blasted with each hit if that were so the case , just as he made sure to note that his Tenketsu were being struck the moment it started happening. Momo pulled some sick moves tho..

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
People are still arguing about the anime being filler? smh

Boruto is legit two separate continuities now. Anime is one canon and manga is another, there's too many inconsistencies for it to be otherwise. The general story is pretty much the same, but with minor things like Sumire going or not going to the Chunin Exam, there are retcons.

In my opinion ( just like SnK ) the manga is just a draft while the anime feels like the ultimate version of things. The movie was the inkling, the manga is the rough outline, the anime is primary canon, the novels are fleshed out canon. Regardless, you'll find that mangaka and writers generally don't give a shit about canon, maintaining the same continuity 100% of the time across 3-4 mediums is restrictive and artistically limiting.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wouldn’t use that comparison because the MCU isn’t canon at all, just more entertaining.
MCU is canon. It’s part of a different universe in the same way the Ultimate universe was. Edit: Earth-199999

Naruto doesn’t have a multiverse so it doesn’t work. The movie, Road to Ninja is the closest they have.

616 is the comic and main universe. There’s even a universe for us who read and view them as fiction and allegedly where Gwenpool is from.

But that isn’t the case since Gwenpool isn’t a actual person and such laws doesn’t exist. She’s from a universe exactly like ours except shit like that can happen.

Last edited:

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
MCU is canon. It’s part of a different universe in the same way the Ultimate universe was. Edit: Earth-199999

Naruto doesn’t have a multiverse so it doesn’t work. The movie, Road to Ninja is the closest they have.

616 is the comic and main universe. There’s even a universe for us who read and view them as fiction and allegedly where Gwenpool is from.

But that isn’t the case since Gwenpool isn’t a actual person and such laws doesn’t exist. She’s from a universe exactly like ours except shit like that can happen.
The MCU is not canon and if you're telling me that the movie version of infinite wars is the same as it is in the comicbook then I feel sorry for you because who ever told you that is lying to you.
1. Thanos didn't kill because of some type of stupid balance of the universe theory like he did in the movie, his motive was to gain Mistress death's love.
2. Mutant were part of the infinite wars MCU versions does not include them or have them for that matter.
3. Silver surfer and Adam Warlock are the ones who lead to the down fall of Thanos during the Infinite Wars, MCU doesn't even have either of them in it.
4. Hulk doesn't run from Thanos, Thanos usually avoids the Hulk for obvious reasons.
5. Stormbreaker is Beta Ray Bills not Thor's hammer, and Thor is Erick Masterson in the comic Infinite Wars.

These are just a few examples given on why the movie is NOT canon.

Also a little side note, Earth 616 doesn't exist anymore after what Doctor Doom did in Battleworld Secret Wars.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The MCU is not canon and if you're telling me that the movie version of infinite wars is the same as it is in the comicbook then I feel sorry for you because who ever told you that is lying to you.
1. Thanos didn't kill because of some type of stupid balance of the universe theory like he did in the movie, his motive was to gain Mistress death's love.
2. Mutant were part of the infinite wars MCU versions does not include them or have them for that matter.
3. Silver surfer and Adam Warlock are the ones who lead to the down fall of Thanos during the Infinite Wars, MCU doesn't even have either of them in it.
4. Hulk doesn't run from Thanos, Thanos usually avoids the Hulk for obvious reasons.
5. Stormbreaker is Beta Ray Bills not Thor's hammer, and Thor is Erick Masterson in the comic Infinite Wars.

These are just a few examples given on why the movie is NOT canon.

Also a little side note, Earth 616 doesn't exist anymore after what Doctor Doom did in Battleworld Secret Wars.
1. The MCU is canon because it exists in its own separate universe, different timelines and events is what makes the multiverse so vast and different. It’s a official universe called Earth -1999

2. I read infinity war so you don’t have to explain the plot.

3. Earth 616 exists, did you even read secret wars? Because the fact you think it ceases to exist means you either glossed over it or didn’t complete it.

And as of late, Earth 1610 still exists as well.

Once again, this is the infinity war from the Earth - 19999 timeline, aka the MCU so it’s canon.

Marvel has a multiverse that interconnects with each other. The same reason why Miles Morales is in the 616, why Spider-Woman(Spider-Gwen) was also in the 616 and why the venomverse, Deadpoolverse and Spider-Verse exists. It’s all canon because it’s different realities infinitely being made. There’s even a universe where octavious is permanently in peter Parker’s body.

Each universe is canon unless otherwise rectonned.

616 is the main Universe and where a majority of the comics runs take place.

The other universes are also canon but exists outside of the main universe we all know.

Last edited:

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. The MCU is canon because it exists in its own separate universe, different timelines and events is what makes the multiverse so vast and different. It’s a official universe called Earth -1999

2. I read infinity war so you don’t have to explain the plot.

3. Earth 616 exists, did you even read secret wars?

1. It’s not canon because it’s not in the main continuity.
2. Okay
3. I did, I’m not talking about the soft reboot earth 616 that has both prime and ultimate universe characters.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. It’s not canon because it’s not in the main continuity.
2. Okay
3. I did, I’m not talking about the soft reboot earth 616 that has both prime and ultimate universe characters.
Sorry, Read my edit.

The main universe doesn’t mean the secondary universes aren’t real.

Old man Logan comes from a time where the world is completely fucked and he’s killed the X men. That’s canon no matter what universe marvel drops him in unless rectonned.

Miles is the same unless ultimate restored him or something

Last edited:

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I’m not saying the MCU is the main universe as that’s the 616. But the MCU is officially a universe.

Infinity war happening differently in the MCU doesn’t make it non canon. That’s the MCU’s universe, it happened in that universe.

The infinity war in the comics is the original event and in 616’s universe iirc.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sorry, Read my edit.

The main universe doesn’t mean the secondary universes aren’t real.

Old man Logan comes from a time where the world is completely fucked and he’s killed the X men. That’s canon no matter what universe marvel drops him in unless rectonned.

Miles is the same unless ultimate restored him or something
If it’s not in the main continuity then it can’t be used with canon mainstream material. What you’re saying is something that I already know.

Saying that Earth 19999 is canon is like saying Hulk canonically destroyed 6 watchers, Hyperion soloed multiple Thors, sentry, and hulks at the same time etc.

We can just agree to disagree

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If it’s not in the main continuity then it can’t be used with canon mainstream material. What you’re saying is something that I already know.

Saying that Earth 19999 is canon is like saying Hulk canonically destroyed the beyonders, Hyperion soloed multiple Thors, sentry, and hulks at the same time etc.

We can just agree to disagree
Yes it can because of how marvel uses the multiverse which is part of the main continuity. The 616 is the main universe that everyone bases everything else on.

Their feats and accomplishments are canon in their universe. Old man Logan canonically killed the Hulk (From his universe) we can’t say it didn’t happen just because it’s not in the 616. Not every comic line happens in the 616. I just picked up spider-Gwen and that sure as **** isn’t in the 616 aside from crossovers but her feats and events are very much real.

Which is why people usually specify which universe in VS discussions. It’d be insane if someone actually said what you said about hulk as if one hulk did that when it was different hulks. Unless someone was insane enough to debate a character with all their multiverse feats vs another. I’d turn into a pissing match with people pulling up obscure what-if issues with broken ass feats.

The point I’m trying to make is that there isn’t an established multiverse in Naruto.
The manga isn’t Earth-1 and anime earth-2.

So the manga is literally the canon material and the anime is filler.

Last edited:

AllKnowingShinobi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well duh momo used gentle fist... he has the byakugan...like wtf is he going to use besides gentle fist? Like cmon the tech was made for byakugan users. We dont see lee using the gental fist because its useless to him he cant stop charka points or see them... smh

jamarcusp17

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
>Says, “let’s stop acting like what you think matters.”
>Proceeds to ask my opinion.

Fact is, you’re hyped up over a filler feat and what’s worse, you were hurt to the point where you dig into a year old thread and pulled comments from it. Your opinion is irrelevant.
Lol it was my thread. Why wouldn't I remember something from it? And you're so willing to give your opinion, why not answer the question? The fact is Momo using Gentle Fist is not at all impossible. In fact, he did use it.

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gentle Fist is the action of inserting chakra into an opponent's chakra network through the aid of the Byakugan during combat, which is exactly what Momoshiki did. Why would you think otherwise?
Kakashi's statement made it seem like GF wasn't needed to just close/open tenketsu imo.

Momo wasn't sending Chakra them with his hits.. Base Naruto after getting hit after hit to the torso and face would've surely made note that his friggin organs were being blasted with each hit if that were so the case , just as he made sure to note that his Tenketsu were being struck the moment it started happening. Momo pulled some sick moves tho..
Is chakra actually used when closing tenketsu as well?