Mine's death was for a good cause

rockleeuchiha

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So I just watched lub,sususano,and mine die. To be honest this is the first anime I cried on like damnit man.i think mine was my favorite girl character and thought she would make it to the end and lub God damn it he had so much potential. Who death did you guys cry on/hit you the hardest?

Last edited:

Lyke

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Really? Because RN the only ppl alive atm are tatsumi,akame,Leon,naginda,wave,the angel,and the Yeager's leader.(haven't finished the anime yet I'm on the episode where they fight the minister)
If you havent finished the anime yet get out and dont continue reading! Youll thank me

Vandenre1ch

Veteran
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Akame ga Kill tries way to hard to be dark & edgy. It tired to be a seinen but is just an immature shonen. All characters died for the sake of dying.

JStar King

Elite
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Akame ga Kill tries way to hard to be dark & edgy. It tired to be a seinen but is just an immature shonen. All characters died for the sake of dying.
Especially in the anime. Whenever one of them had a flashback story, they died sometime later in the episode. It just became pointless. Hell, even the MC died.

Vandenre1ch

Veteran
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Especially in the anime. Whenever one of them had a flashback story, they died sometime later in the episode. It just became pointless. Hell, even the MC died.
It became very predictable with its deaths after the 3rd one. Night Raid-Jaegar-Night Raid-Jaegar....that is its obvious pattern of death.

The flashback thing is a perfect example of the anime & manga's pretentiousness & immaturity. It thinks that showing a flashback of a dying character we know nothing about will create sympathy or sadness. That's not how it works. By far the worst character was Seryu the Justice *****. For she does & what she represents & what the author was trying to convey with her, she fails miserably for the very fact that she is insane. Such a basic mistake.....

JStar King

Elite
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It became very predictable with its deaths after the 3rd one. Night Raid-Jaegar-Night Raid-Jaegar....that is its obvious pattern of death.

The flashback thing is a perfect example of the anime & manga's pretentiousness & immaturity. It thinks that showing a flashback of a dying character we know nothing about will create sympathy or sadness. That's not how it works. By far the worst character was Seryu the Justice *****. For she does & what she represents & what the author was trying to convey with her, she fails miserably for the very fact that she is insane. Such a basic mistake.....
I mean I understand that people want to get to know the character's more. There is some good in showing their backstories and what they're all about. But I just think that the writers failed to develop them by putting them through obstacles and hardships other than just forcing them to fight such and such.

And yes, Seryu was by the far the worst. I was glad when she died. Bulat on the other hand, was my favorite.
You must be registered for see images

Another big problem with the anime is that there was barely any world building. The political structure made no sense. A perfect example of world building and structure would be One Piece and Kill La Kill.

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Really? Because RN the only ppl alive atm are tatsumi,akame,Leon,naginda,wave,the angel,and the Yeager's leader.(haven't finished the anime yet I'm on the episode where they fight the minister)
Yes. Very few things are the same in the manga than in the anime. Including who dies and some major events.

I didn't ever cry but Kurome's easily hit me the hardest.
Don't open the spoiler OP if you don't want any spoilers.

Both Mine and Kurome are alive in the Manga. The manga ended..... to be honest the way Kurome is living and what she has to live with... she might have been better off dead

Last edited:

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
AgK wasn't really trying to be Seinen. I remember reading the manga's author's notes somewhere (I've tried to find them again but I couldn't, but there's at least one other person who remembers them as well), and he said that he wanted to create an over-the-top violent action manga. And he did just that.

I'm not exactly defending it though because there sure was unused potential.