silenceofthelambs

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
While Naruto was on the island in Kumogakure learning how to master control of the Nine-Tailed Fox inside him, he got the chance to meet his mother, Kushina Uzumaki, who's been a part of the seal for sixteen years. After defeating the Nine-Tails, Kushina gave information to Naruto about the truth to the fox's attack, and her own ancestry. We've found that the Uzumaki are distantly related to the Senju, and had very good relations with the village of Konohakagure. But still we've heard nothing about Minato's family, or his clan (if it even exists).

I'm not here to discuss who Minato's parents might have been, but rather about his siblings (brothers and sisters); as far as the manga tells us, nothing suggests that Minato does or does not have any brothers and sisters that are still alive, but now I ask; do any of you think he does? And if so, what were their roles in the ninja world? If Minato had a brother or sister (or plural), could they have been the ones that give Madara the location of Naruto's birth? There's no evidence to support or refute this statement, but could they have been harboring a grudge against that one child who rose up to greatness? "An extraordinary child can be born from gifted parents," as the saying goes.

Masashi Kishimoto said in an interview that a brother or sister of the Hokage would join Akatsuki in the future. Now, I don't think it can be a sibling of any of the first three Hokages, because they would be much too old, and I also do not think it can be the Fifth Hokage (Tsunade) because it has been hinted she is the last of the Senju, and thus has no more family. All that leaves is the Fourth; his siblings would be about forty years of age if he had any that are still alive, thus working out the age problem, but more importantly, they seem to testify to the validity of Kishimoto's statement, if the interview was not forged (which is possible, I do not deny).

What are your thoughts? Does Minato have any family that is still alive, and if so, where are they currently residing, do they know about Naruto, and what has been their role in the ninja world? Comments much appreciated. Thanks.

Spartan117

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I did think of minato's family and it always seems mysterious why no one takes about namikaze's :S It's mysterious couldn't it be that Tobi/Madara had an eye out for kushina all this time patiently waiting? I mean come on he did appear out of nowhere. Also we should take to account he was able to teleport right next to minato. When minato escaped his space-time wrap.

Honord Sage

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I Have stated in a previous posting Minato might be the last of His family, Had He had brother or sister living in the village they would have raise Naruto. Instead of having Naruto raise in an orphanage.

Last edited:
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i think it's interesting that he took his mother's name and not his father and i wonder if it has anything to do with this. a lot of things in naruto's life were to protect him until he became powerful on his own. and if we go off the interview then tobi very well could be naruto's uncle, cause we all know sharingans are not very hard to get

silenceofthelambs

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I Have stated in a previous posting Minato might be the last of His family, Had He had brother or sister living in the village they would have raise Naruto. Instead of having Naruto raise in an orphanage.
This is true, but like I said, any family Minato might have had might not have been so loving towards him. They could have hated him, and just left him there to be hated by all of Konoha's ninja. There are many other possibilities, as this is just one of them.

Honord Sage

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Could be, but we might have had a hint or 2 here and their if Minato's family was still alive in the Village, then again maybe Minato like Kushina might have ben transplanted from a noter village that no longer exist . He 2 might have ben an orphan of war like Kabuto was.

silenceofthelambs

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Could be, but we might have had a hint or 2 here and their if Minato's family was still alive in the Village, then again maybe Minato like Kushina might have ben transplanted from a noter village that no longer exist . He 2 might have ben an orphan of war like Kabuto was.
Very true. We don't even know if Minato was born as a Konoha ninja or not; perhaps we'll see in the upcoming chapters.