Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Title. Thots?

I rather prefer Might Guy go out like a muthafckin beast with all 8 gates full power fighting Madara with power of the Sage of Six Paths, let's go! not him dying slowly from being old.

#StillWaitingForFillerToStop

Ensifer

Veteran
Kin
145💸
Kumi
412💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was going to argue with you but then I decided to think it through, and you actually have a point once I am reminded on how everyone were during the chapter's initial release.

It would had been an honorable way for Might Guy to go out, battling Madara to the latter's upmost enjoyment, showing us the full capabilities of the Eight Gates in the process while passing on the power of youth to what remained of his team.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I disagree entirely, because celebrating Gai's life is better than celebrating his death, and I doubt that he sees his life as over because he cannot walk.

Let us consider Gai's personality. If you think that it is centered around taijutsu and fighting, then you are mistaken. Taijutsu was simply an outlet for him to put into practice the REAL foundation of his personality: hard work and self discipline. Taijutsu was the only thing that his father could teach him and he had no talent for ninjutsu, so he focused on that. However, if Gai did have talent for ninjutsu, I am positive that he would have taken his hard work and discipline philosophy and applied it there as well. Now that he is in the wheel chair, rather than despairing, I am sure that he is striving to be the most powerful man...in a wheelchair. That is Gai. The same way he did not let his ninjutsu limitations stop him is the same way that he wont let his mobility limitations stop him.

Gai is not a battle lusting character, but a character that strives to improve himself and his students first and foremost. Living offers more opportunity to improve than dying. Saying that he should have died is, in my opinion, the selfishness of fans that only thought him cool because of his taijutse style and deem him worthless just because he can't throw a kick or move at incredible speeds anymore. Those are the people that Gai tries to prove wrong the most. He would in fact thank you for cheering him on through your negativity.

What do you think?

Reactions: Six Paths of Logic

Kratoss

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I honestly don't see what point would his death achieve. I'm glad he didn't die. I personally didn't see much point in letting Gai die. The resolve for death was there, the conviction and decision to sacrifice his life was there, which is what's really important. Him dying wouldn't have added much.

Reactions: Six Paths of Logic