Mifune vs SM Naruto

Kin
290💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How is the guy who matched Hanzo fodder?

Hanzo himself matched SPoP!

Where are you getting these notions of certain characters being fodder? Is it because they're not popular?
He matched a RUSTY plus weakend by Edo Tensei out of his PRIME Hanzo.... he got stomped by ALIVE Hanzo who was in his prime the first time they met.
Hanzo didnt match 6POP...he got Stomped...
Mifunes only a samerai that only uses kenjutsu...hes not that powerful.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He matched a RUSTY plus weakend by Edo Tensei out of his PRIME Hanzo.... he got stomped by ALIVE Hanzo who was in his prime the first time they met.
Hanzo didnt match 6POP...he got Stomped...
Mifunes only a samerai that only uses kenjutsu...hes not that powerful.
Your definitions on stomping and matching seem off.

I'm gonna use the other thread here but the point must be made.
Can you justify how someone getting killed three times and only getting their target because of a lack of knowledge (and the opponent legitimately letting them go when they could capture them) equals "fighting", yet someone who casually blocks secret techniques (without warning) and then kills in a matter of seconds counts as "almost losing"? Legit how? Please!

Obviously Mifune improved over the years, cmon! Also, it was a last minute, ever-so-slight speed advantage that allowed Hanzo the initial win, so . . . Where does your "stomp" apply?
Hanzo had SPoP say he only lost because of "conviction", which in shonen usually refers to decision making mentality instead of actual ability, and otherwise would have beat him. Again, how is that a "stomp"?

And Gaara only uses sand . . . Cmon man!

Symmetra

Kin
81💸
Kumi
42💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How is the guy who matched Hanzo fodder?

Hanzo himself matched SPoP!

Where are you getting these notions of certain characters being fodder? Is it because they're not popular?
It was clearly stated that Hanzo was extremely weakened because of his mindset, and he never fought pain. Pain said Hanzo could have beaten him as he not fallen from grace and got so much weaker then his prime self, and he was revived at his lowest point and then slightly weaker.

So Mifune in morning way is comparable to prime Hanzo who was able to actually cripple Nagato.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was clearly stated that Hanzo was extremely weakened because of his mindset, and he never fought pain. Pain said Hanzo could have beaten him as he not fallen from grace and got so much weaker then his prime self, and he was revived at his lowest point and then slightly weaker.

So Mifune in morning way is comparable to prime Hanzo who was able to actually cripple Nagato.
Sorry man, could you just check up and give references for the underlined through the bold (i.e. show statements . . )

Symmetra

Kin
81💸
Kumi
42💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sorry man, could you just check up and give references for the underlined through the bold (i.e. show statements . . )
Sure!

You must be registered for see images

“You who were ONCE so strong could be killed”

Basically stating he was once supper strong but now is no longer that strong.

He later says this (for some reason I can’t Insert the scan but I’m reading it and will quote verbatim for accuracy)

“Your conviction is lost, you no longer home yourself as a weapon. You no longer improve, you have lost your sharpness! And thus, your blade became sullied with blood, rusted, it lost its edge. A blunt sword does not last, and remember, people are like swords”

basically he compared the Hanzo he is facing to a rusted sword with no sharpness left, he is a shell of his former self. When Pain beat him he states “you don’t even know why you lost”

Hanzo realizes then that this is what Pain meant. He was rusty, he lost conviction and became a dull sword, weaker then his prime.

Prime Hanzo was able to cripple Nagato and Pain statement indicates that had Hanzo been in his prime he may have actually beaten Pain, but Mifune faced a severely weakened Hanzo, and so Mifune cannot be scaled to prime Hanzo.

Reactions: Infant

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You who were ONCE so strong could be killed”

Basically stating he was once supper strong but now is no longer that strong.

He later says this (for some reason I can’t Insert the scan but I’m reading it and will quote verbatim for accuracy)

“Your conviction is lost, you no longer home yourself as a weapon. You no longer improve, you have lost your sharpness! And thus, your blade became sullied with blood, rusted, it lost its edge. A blunt sword does not last, and remember, people are like swords”

basically he compared the Hanzo he is facing to a rusted sword with no sharpness left, he is a shell of his former self. When Pain beat him he states “you don’t even know why you lost”

Hanzo realizes then that this is what Pain meant. He was rusty, he lost conviction and became a dull sword, weaker then his prime.

Prime Hanzo was able to cripple Nagato and Pain statement indicates that had Hanzo been in his prime he may have actually beaten Pain, but Mifune faced a severely weakened Hanzo, and so Mifune cannot be scaled to prime Hanzo.
On its own, the opening statement is extremely compelling.

However, it is quickly explained as a matter of "conviction" and the blade is equated to the very person (which, especially in philosophical conversation, is about the heart and mind and not the body).

So since both battles came down to last ditch hits, I'm inclined to believe its a mentality issue, not a physical ability issue. What drives it home, for me, is that ability based finishes are almost always noted (like, when one is faster, stronger or smarter than another) so the fact that Mifune doesn't reference speed or skill makes it less likely to come down to stats.

Imo
Post automatically merged:

Oh,I'm not saying Mifune = Hanzo, just that he has the physical ability to play in the same ball park and force fights in his favour

Symmetra

Kin
81💸
Kumi
42💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
On its own, the opening statement is extremely compelling.

However, it is quickly explained as a matter of "conviction" and the blade is equated to the very person (which, especially in philosophical conversation, is about the heart and mind and not the body).

So since both battles came down to last ditch hits, I'm inclined to believe its a mentality issue, not a physical ability issue. What drives it home, for me, is that ability based finishes are almost always noted (like, when one is faster, stronger or smarter than another) so the fact that Mifune doesn't reference speed or skill makes it less likely to come down to stats.

Imo
Post automatically merged:

Oh,I'm not saying Mifune = Hanzo, just that he has the physical ability to play in the same ball park and force fights in his favour
It isn’t just about conviction too, Mifune also talks about how he has stopped improving, implying he has stopped training, which also made him rusty. Not fighting for prolonged periods of time can lead to worse stats. Hokage Naruto has been out of shape for a while, and part 1 Tsunade was so rusty she was only rivalling Kabuto. So he has rusted in conviction and training and thus stats as well.

Reactions: Kyuubishadowclone

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It isn’t just about conviction too, Mifune also talks about how he has stopped improving, implying he has stopped training, which also made him rusty. Not fighting for prolonged periods of time can lead to worse stats. Hokage Naruto has been out of shape for a while, and part 1 Tsunade was so rusty she was only rivalling Kabuto. So he has rusted in conviction and training and thus stats as well.
Good foundation but slight overreaching.

If he wasn't improving, that means he was still at his level. So if anything, Mifune is saying ue surpassed the known best level of Hanzo and Hanzo is losing becuse he stopped getting better.

Your point on inaction is much stronger. I concede to that.

gabe07j

Kin
205💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mifune wins. Because he prevents you from using hand seals with his kenjutsu techniques because of their speed. and is able to hold his own against Hanzo and Edo Hanzo. And Hanzo was better than the 3 sanin and conqured the rain and made nagato lose his ability to walk and cause yahiko to commit suicide. Also he doesn't fear Sasuke and is almost equal to a kage at the 5 kage summit. His speed is also shown to equal Sasuke

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mifune wins. Because he prevents you from using hand seals with his kenjutsu techniques because of their speed. and is able to hold his own against Hanzo and Edo Hanzo. And Hanzo was better than the 3 sanin and conqured the rain and made nagato lose his ability to walk and cause yahiko to commit suicide. Also he doesn't fear Sasuke and is almost equal to a kage at the 5 kage summit. His speed is also shown to equal Sasuke
Hmm, can he pierce SM skin?

Symmetra

Kin
81💸
Kumi
42💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good foundation but slight overreaching.

If he wasn't improving, that means he was still at his level. So if anything, Mifune is saying ue surpassed the known best level of Hanzo and Hanzo is losing becuse he stopped getting better.

Your point on inaction is much stronger. I concede to that.
However Mifune also said he is a rusty sword, rusty means worsening, because if he was the same level as before he would still be a sharp sword.

Mifune is saying that because he stopped improving he became rusty and regressed in power, which is why he won.

Reactions: gabe07j

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
However Mifune also said he is a rusty sword, rusty means worsening, because if he was the same level as before he would still be a sharp sword.

Mifune is saying that because he stopped improving he became rusty and regressed in power, which is why he won.
Certainly.

The major point is that Mifune didn't know that before he challenged Hanzo, which means Mifune sees himself on the level of prime Hanzo. Not better, since he said he would lose to normal Hanzo, but good enough to stand a solid chance.

Kin
290💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Certainly.

The major point is that Mifune didn't know that before he challenged Hanzo, which means Mifune sees himself on the level of prime Hanzo. Not better, since he said he would lose to normal Hanzo, but good enough to stand a solid chance.
So you just conceded to the fact that mifunes NOT on Prime Hanzos level.... which is what i was saying this whole time.

Kin
290💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, I conceded that Mifune would lose to Hanzo, not that they are not on the same level.

Simple logic: why would Mifune challenge someone above his level?
Why would Hinata challenge Pain?
Or Jugo challenging 4th Raikage, Dosu challenge Gaara?, suigetsu challenging Kisame, Karin attacking Guru Guru Yamato Buddha statue, Kakuzu attacking hashirama.... Etc Etc..

Reactions: gabe07j