chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just beat it so figured I'd talk about it now so I won't have anything spoiled.

So who else has played and how did you like it? I thought the combat was a little too complex to be honest and I'm used to and enjoy games with fighting systems like that(early Assassin Creed titles and Batman etc.) but it seemed harder than both of them to keep combos going and use all the abilities well, I found myself using web blossom perk, spider drone and electric web gadgets almost always.

The story was ok, only one real emotional bit and even that was typical. I liked how many different people they were able to incorporate. Glad to see Scorpion back in the mix, him and Shocker were always two of my favorite Spider Man villains. I'd like to see Hobgoblin come back into the picture he's been left out of most all the major movie and game adaptations. I liked Electro's scarred skin making his mask shape. Tombstone could have looked better, if it wasn't a Spider Man game and he wasn't white skinned I wouldn't have guessed.

One thing I would have changed in the story though is the ending. After the story ends, as most games do, the game allows us to continue free roaming the city. They incorporated Miles into the story so use him.

Have it all happen the way it does as it is but at the end when Norman gets let go and runs into the lab they should have had him come back out and join you in the fight. Then after stopping the villain Norman starts going too far so you have to stop Norman, this could have been a cut-scene or playable, either way works, in the attempt to stop Norman, Peter(who is already heavily injured) suffers a fatal strike and dies. Flash forward, as they do at the end anyway, to Miles wearing the Ultimate suit.

This way you don't essentially waste the story telling that happens with Miles in the story, you unlock the Ultimate suit and you let people get to play as Peter and Miles too. I know some people would hate the idea of playing as Miles in a Spider Man game but, **** 'em.

The suits;
The suits you could unlock were pretty cool. Never could get into the white spider logo though. Some of my favorites were the classic suit, the punk rock suit, Big Time suit, the Stark suit, Homemade suit, MK4 Armor, Vintage suit, Raimi suit. Homemade and MK4 being top 2 and Big Time, Vintage and Stark right behind. Surprised we didn't get the Black suit or the Ultimate suit.

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I loved the game! The combat was so smooth, I don't get why you have a problem with it? Its basically the Arkham series fighting style but way more fluid and fast paced. And the web swinging along with the parkour was just perfect! I spent hours just swinging around the city and running on buildings.

The story was great. I wish the all the boss fights could have been longer though. Spider Man vs Doctor Octopus is in my opinion the best boss fight in any superhero game and one of the best boss fights in general. From the way they executed the fight to the emotion surrounding it, it was truly impressive. I really wish the story could have been longer though. Only thing I hated about the game was all the parts where you had to play as MJ and Miles.

And are you kidding me? You want this Peter to be killed off? Arguably the best version of Peter we have seen to date? Go and watch into the spider-verse, a version of Peter basically gets smashed to death. That should calm your sadistic thoughts for a while,

And the ending was fine as it sets up the next act perfectly. We have Harry who could very well be Venom in the next game and I could see Norman becoming a sort of sympathetic Green Goblin.

One a side note, I am not a fan of this version of Miles. The one in into the spider-verse is way better. Also if you played the DLC then you'll know that Miles is still training to be Spider Man so that's why he is not playable post game.

All in all, 9/10

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I loved the game! The combat was so smooth, I don't get why you have a problem with it? Its basically the Arkham series fighting style but way more fluid and fast paced. And the web swinging along with the parkour was just perfect! I spent hours just swinging around the city and running on buildings.

The story was great. I wish the all the boss fights could have been longer though. Spider Man vs Doctor Octopus is in my opinion the best boss fight in any superhero game and one of the best boss fights in general. From the way they executed the fight to the emotion surrounding it, it was truly impressive. I really wish the story could have been longer though. Only thing I hated about the game was all the parts where you had to play as MJ and Miles.

And are you kidding me? You want this Peter to be killed off? Arguably the best version of Peter we have seen to date? Go and watch into the spider-verse, a version of Peter basically gets smashed to death. That should calm your sadistic thoughts for a while,

And the ending was fine as it sets up the next act perfectly. We have Harry who could very well be Venom in the next game and I could see Norman becoming a sort of sympathetic Green Goblin.

One a side note, I am not a fan of this version of Miles. The one in into the spider-verse is way better. Also if you played the DLC then you'll know that Miles is still training to be Spider Man so that's why he is not playable post game.

All in all, 9/10
Idk I kept hitting Triangle to counter like Arkham and AC used so that kept throwing me, when I tried to web zip from the air it took me to baton guys a lot and they throw counter hits which I kept forgetting and not expecting. It took me longer to get familiar than I would have expected.

I always spend time swinging through the city because it's always awesome and they all feel pretty similar to me but tbh there were things I didn't like with this game. You couldn't charge your jump out of the swing, if you pressed X mid swing it let go. You couldn't charge your jumps without buying the perk which was far down the tree. And lastly the web zip felt smoother in The Amazing Spider-Man games, I used it to travel more in those games than swinging.

I liked the switch up of swapping between MJ and Miles at times but they didn't really build much for them so it didn't feel that exciting. That swapping is what made me hope they wrote it in so at the end when you go back to free roam the city you become Miles.

The story was pretty boiler plate, even if you weren't familiar I think you could see who Negative was before the 1st MJ mission. You could see Otto knew before the final fight. I'd argue Lee knew. You knew May knew based on any story ever, the people closest always know even if you don't want to tell them and May being the tear jerking moment seemed pretty obvious when she coughed. Idk they just wrote him so near death at the end and laid the bit with Miles it seems wasted. How is he gonna be almost dead then go have that fight and not die? ,

I'm also confused by how if the story is into his career and we already have Rhino, Scorpion, Shocker, Electro, The Raft prison etc. why are we just now getting Doc Ock and Norman's not finished his Goblin gear?

I saw, I liked it. That also played a bit of a part in wanting to see a similar story play out here.

I would not want Harry to be Venom though. Would you?

I agree the ITS Miles was a lot better. About the DLC part and him that was made after the game though so their original story still could have went that way and then the DLC would've had to be written to that. The only way the DLC story prohibited Miles is if the DLC was written alongside the game and purposefully held for later sale, you know what I mean?

Id give it an 8.5-9

darbyfall

Kin
9💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One thing I would have changed in the story though is the ending. After the story ends, as most games do, the game allows us to continue free roaming the city. They incorporated Miles into the story so use him. full version.

James Granger

Kin
261💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I finished playing marvel spider-man i liked the story it was solid and the ending was fine my favorite suits are civil war and infinty war first i found the controls pretty easy second i enjoyed most of the story missions except for the ones were you have to play as miles or mj lastly the final boss battle was well done should they make a sequel i would buy it