HokageKid

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've been trying to think of some cool Mangekyō Sharingan abilities for possible fan fics, and just generally to amuse myself, but I find it hard to think of techniques that aren't completely OP.
So I'm challenging any Naruto fans to come up with their own Mangekyō techniques, but try not to make them ridiculously powerful.

Here's one I thought of

Left Eye - Absorbs any Ninjutsu used by another shinobi into a different dimension, similar to Kamui, but can only be used on Ninjutsu, not on actual beings. The more powerful the jutsu, the more chakra is needed, and the greater the strain on the eye.

Right Eye - Unleashes any Jutsu absorbed by the left eye outward without loss of momentum or power from when absorbed. The left eye can only store 3 Jutsu at a time, or 5 when progressed to the Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan. If you reach your storage limit, you can still absorb Jutsu with the left eye, but the oldest jutsu in storage will be erased, and replaced with the new Jutsu. This adds another level of depth to the usage of the techniques, because you will be reluctant to use your left on a technique that is less powerful than the one it would be replacing.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nerfer:

The opponent can't use Ninjutsu or Genjutsu as long as they're within a radius 50 meters.

Basically, all I have to do is train my Taijutsu so much that I'm at least at Guy's level, and I have Susanoo when I unlock my MS full power so even Taijutsu practitioners can't beat me. :bdpf:

For 8 Gates mfers, I'll obtain Legendary Weapons, make sure I have something OP like Totsuki or Yata, and I'm practically invincible.

I'll only be vulnerable to JJ's, though since all Ninjutsu/Genjutsu can't be used, Obito's malleable black orbs don't work. He can't form any, so he also has to rely on Taijutsu, but like I said, I'd train to unlock 6 Gates at the very least, so I'd be super fast, and there's also the very basic ability of Sharingan which is pre-cognition.

Another one would be V2 Amaterasu - Sun Heat:

Practically anything and everything I see with my eyes gets incinerated into nothingness. It doesn't matter how powerful or physically strong they are. It uses the sun's heat to incinerate everything in its path. It's not like Amaterasu though that needs to travel to the enemy. As long as I can see the enemy, they burn, but they can't do anything about the sun heat because what can? So this is a different version of Amaterasu. The user doesn't project the heat from the eyes, but summons it on the person they're seeing. So, in austerity, I become a god that can incinerate even Juubi Jins into nothingness.

HokageKid

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Another I thought of is being able to erect a barrier that is literally impenetrable, you must continuously use the Mangekyō Sharingan in order to maintain the barrier, and the larger the size of the barrier, the more chakra it costs you. Nothing can pierce the barrier, not a Bijudama, not a truth seeking orb. You cannot phase through it using Space-Time jutsu, if Minato's Kunai was on one side of the barrier, and he is on the other, he cannot travel to it, however if they were both on the same side, he can still use them. Obito could not phase through, nor could he appear on one side of the barrier from the other side. I haven't thought of an ability for the other eye.

HokageKid

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nerfer:

The opponent can't use Ninjutsu or Genjutsu as long as they're within a radius 50 meters.

Basically, all I have to do is train my Taijutsu so much that I'm at least at Guy's level, and I have Susanoo when I unlock my MS full power so even Taijutsu practitioners can't beat me. :bdpf:

For 8 Gates mfers, I'll obtain Legendary Weapons, make sure I have something OP like Totsuki or Yata, and I'm practically invincible.

I'll only be vulnerable to JJ's, though since all Ninjutsu/Genjutsu can't be used, Obito's malleable black orbs don't work. He can't form any, so he also has to rely on Taijutsu, but like I said, I'd train to unlock 6 Gates at the very least, so I'd be super fast, and there's also the very basic ability of Sharingan which is pre-cognition.

Another one would be V2 Amaterasu - Sun Heat:

Practically anything and everything I see with my eyes gets incinerated into nothingness. It doesn't matter how powerful or physically strong they are. It uses the sun's heat to incinerate everything in its path. It's not like Amaterasu though that needs to travel to the enemy. As long as I can see the enemy, they burn, but they can't do anything about the sun heat because what can? So this is a different version of Amaterasu. The user doesn't project the heat from the eyes, but summons it on the person they're seeing. So, in austerity, I become a god that can incinerate even Juubi Jins into nothingness.
This would be an example of techniques that are too OP :lmao:

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Another I thought of is being able to erect a barrier that is literally impenetrable, you must continuously use the Mangekyō Sharingan in order to maintain the barrier, and the larger the size of the barrier, the more chakra it costs you. Nothing can pierce the barrier, not a Bijudama, not a truth seeking orb. You cannot phase through it using Space-Time jutsu, if Minato's Kunai was on one side of the barrier, and he is on the other, he cannot travel to it, however if they were both on the same side, he can still use them. Obito could not phase through, nor could he appear on one side of the barrier from the other side. I haven't thought of an ability for the other eye.
You wouldn't be able to do it forever tho. So, against any opponent that can attack you endlessly would easily beat you. And since you have no offense technique, you don't really stand a chance against anyone at Itachi's level of defense.

An opponent like Gai especially would beat you easily without Susanoo. He would just keep smashing at the barrier until you can no longer keep it up. And when you can't erect it any longer, you're inevitably ****ed.

That's a good MS technique, nonetheless.
This would be an example of techniques that are too OP :lmao:
Thanks, bruh.

I like the first one, especially. True OPness right there.

The second one would be nerfed in Kishimoto's manga tho, like Amaterasu, lol.

Last edited:

HokageKid

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You wouldn't be able to do it forever tho. So, against any opponent that can attack you endlessly would easily beat you. And since you only have no offense technique, you don't really stand a chance against anyone at Itachi's level of defense.

An opponent like Gai especially would beat you easily without Susanoo. He would just keep smashing at the barrier until you can no longer keep it up. And when you can't erect it any longer, you're inevitably ****ed.
Yes, but the point isn't to become invincible, or overpowered, they're just techniques unique to you.
It also doesn't have to necessarily be a technique to inflict damage etc.
The barrier technique, while not going to be able to kill someone, is still useful, it can be used to separate allies from one another, allowing you to pick them off one by one, which is particularly useful if facing people with great teamwork such as team 10. It can also be used to buy time for yourself, say if you needed time to prepare an attack, or for something such as entering Sage mode. Then of course there's the possibility of using powerful AoE attacks and shielding yourself from blasts which would otherwise damage you. If battling against someone who uses something such as the 8 gates, it can be used to buy time, until their stamina is depleted.
Or it can be used simply to shield yourself from incoming attacks, erect simply a wall to shield yourself for a few moments, uses like these would take up less chakra than sustaining a 3 dimensional barrier for a long period of time.

Also, He/She would still have access to Susano'o when using both Mangekyō Sharingan eyes, I just couldn't think of a second ability yet

I like the first one, especially. True OPness right there.

The second one would be nerfed in Kishimoto's manga tho, like Amaterasu, lol.
The point is to think of Techniques that aren't OP, both of your techniques are ridiculous xD
It should be nerfed, a technique which allows you to kill anyone just by looking at them, ridiculous.

Last edited:

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yes, but the point isn't to become invincible, or overpowered, they're just techniques unique to you.
It also doesn't have to necessarily be a technique to inflict damage etc.
The barrier technique, while not going to be able to kill someone, is still useful, it can be used to separate allies from one another, allowing you to pick them off one by one, which is particularly useful if facing people with great teamwork such as team 10. It can also be used to buy time for yourself, say if you needed time to prepare an attack, or for something such as entering Sage mode. Then of course there's the possibility of using powerful AoE attacks and shielding yourself from blasts which would otherwise damage you. If battling against someone who uses something such as the 8 gates, it can be used to buy time, until their stamina is depleted.
Or it can be used simply to shield yourself from incoming attacks, erect simply a wall to shield yourself for a few moments, uses like these would take up less chakra than sustaining a 3 dimensional barrier for a long period of time.

Also, He/She would still have access to Susano'o when using both Mangekyō Sharingan eyes, I just couldn't think of a second ability yet
I see. It's a defense kind of power. You would also have even more defense over that with Susanoo, and then some offense if your Susanoo gets a sword, which it eventually will at its ultimate stage.

Overall, I think it's cool, but I'm not for defense techniques. I'll always go for offense any day. Offense is always the best defense.

So this barrier is unbreakable, is it an invincible wall or is some substance, and can you put it around yourself or there's a limit to the breadth?

The point is to think of Techniques that aren't OP, both of your techniques are ridiculous xD
It should be nerfed, a technique which allows you to kill anyone just by looking at them, ridiculous.
I agree. The #1 one tho isn't all that powerful. It has an innate weakness - which is Taijutsu. It's virtually the same as how Obito was only vulnerable to NE imbued Ninjutsu techniques/pure Taijutsu, but this one eliminates all but one.

Kamui is some broken power. I think that and Kamui are on the same level.

The #2 is just ridiculous. I would one shot virtually anyone just be looking at them. :lmao:

HokageKid

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see. It's a defense kind of power. You would also have even more defense over that with Susanoo, and then some offense if your Susanoo gets a sword, which it eventually will at its ultimate stage.

Overall, I think it's cool, but I'm not for defense techniques. I'll always go for offense any day. Offense is always the best defense.

So this barrier is unbreakable, is it an invincible wall or is some substance, and can you put it around yourself or there's a limit to the breadth?

I agree. The #1 one tho isn't all that powerful. It has an innate weakness - which is Taijutsu. It's virtually the same as how Obito was only vulnerable to NE imbued Ninjutsu techniques/pure Taijutsu, but this one eliminates all but one.

Kamui is some broken power. I think that and Kamui are on the same level.

The #2 is just ridiculous. I would one shot virtually anyone just be looking at them. :lmao:
It's different to Susano'o, Susano'o isn't impenetrable, as shown when Sasuke's is metled with acid or cracked etc. Also Susano'o can't be used as a barrier and generally follows a certain form.
Whereas the barrier technique blocks you off from any and all attacks, and can be adjusted and formed however the user sees fit, however the more complex the shape and the larger the size the more chakra it requires and the greater the strain on the user, also you can erect the barrier where you see fit, not just around yourself.
It appears as an opaque substance of light, and you can erect it as just a wall, to me used quickly and to block a frontal attack, or you can form 3 dimensional structures, such as a box or a sphere, to shield you from all angles, the more complex the design and the larger the size, the more difficult it is to sustain.

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hits time skip from dbs, left eye goes forward, right eye goes back, or something like that, and only in small intervals. I thought it would be too op at first on top of precog but then I remembered ms users go blind

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Left eye allows the user to see a full minute into the future, allowing them to know exactly every single event that will play out, but has a minute and a half cooldown upon its use, leaving the user blind to future events for thirty seconds.

Right eye can return any one thing upon its line of sight up to five minutes into the past, allowing one to heal injuries and fix broken objects. Its cooldown period is twice the amount time it rewinds in a single use.

Reactions: SenseiSama

SenseiSama

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All MS feats are scaled down versions of Kaguya's abilities. Try and think of what feat Kaguya can do with her RinneSharingan then reduce it to Uchiha's level.

Either that or try giving classic Sharingan feats but on a different level. I.e : broken genjutsu, unrestricted copy jutsu, etc.

startup98

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

Believe in the Hype!

Fourth Databook proof!!!

Translation: Hiruzen earned the title of professor for being a researcher. He was trained by both Hashirama and Tobirama, as the man that would succeed them. At a young age he showed greater talent than Tobirama. Ability in all Five Nature Alterations, Ability in all Hiden (clan techniques), Genjutsu, Ability in all Ninjutsu existing in Konoha which explains his reputation as the professor. His title of Professor is no joke, hence the essence of Hiruzen is his talent with ninjutsu. Everyone in the village is his family member
5 Elements - Not even his full power???

Since Hiruzen was revived at old age, his chakra and power should be as low as before but wait... Tobirama states that the Hokage have been revived "close to original power" this means Hiruzen was revived weaker then he was alive at old age yet he was able to produce the 5 Elements at such mastery that it was even capable of stalemating the Buddha Statue while the 5 Kage couldn't. Just imagine his Prime.

Hiruzen knows and could perform all non KKG Hidden Leaf Jutsu which equals = The use of the Ino–Shika–Chō at will with Kage Bunshin

Broken Ninjutsu versatility

Hiruzen utilizing the Inuzuka Clan's ability of an enhanced sense of smell to catch the 2 Hokage in complete darkness.

Hidden Leaf Tech

Bringer of Darkness, Great Clone Explosion
Water Clone Technique
Water Release: Water Colliding Wave
Water Release: Water Dragon Bullet Technique
Water Release: Water Encampment Wall
Water Release: Water Trumpet
Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique
Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
Earth Release: Earth-Style Wall
Earth Release: Hiding Like a Mole Technique
Earth Release: Multiple Earth-Style Wall (Anime only)
Eight Gates
Evil Sealing Method
Eye Mind Reading
Front Lotus
Lion Combo
Multiple Shadow Clone Technique
One Thousand Years of Death
Shadow Clone Technique
Shadow Imitation Technique
Water Needle
Shadow of the Dancing Leaf
Summoning: Earth Release: Tracking Fang Technique
Wind Release: Great Breakthrough

Sarutobi Clan
Fire Release: Ash Pile Burning
Fire Release: Great Flame Technique
Earth Release Shadow Clone
Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
Earth Release: Earth Dragon Bullet
Earth Release: Earth Flow River
Earth Release: Earth-Style Wall
Fire Release: Fire Dragon Bullet
Fire Release: Fire Dragon Flame Bullet
Roof Tile Shuriken
Shadow Clone Technique
Shuriken Shadow Clone Technique
Summoning Technique (Monkey King: Enma)
Telescope Technique

Izunaka Clan
Beast Human Clone
Dynamic Marking
Fang Passing Fang
Fang Rotating Fang (Manga only) - Capable of crushing stone
Fang Wolf Fang - The power is great enough to dent a Rashōmon gate
Four Legs Technique
Human Beast Combination Transformation: Double-Headed Wolf
Passing Fang

Akimichi clan
Butterfly Bullet Bombing
Calorie Control
Double Human Bullet Tank
Human Bullet Tank
Multi-Size Technique
Partial Multi-Size Technique
Spiked Human Bullet Tank
Super Multi-Size Technique
Super Open Hand Slap

Nara clan
Black Spider Lily
Shadow Gathering Technique
Shadow Imitation Shuriken Technique
Shadow Imitation Technique
Shadow Sewing Technique
Shadow–Neck Binding Technique

Yamanaka Clan
Mind Body Disturbance Technique
Mind Body Switch Technique
Mind Clone Switch Technique
Mind Disturbance Dance Performance Technique (Anime only)
Mind Puppet Switch Cursed Seal Technique
Yamanaka Clan Telepathy

Uchiha Clan
Fire Release: Dragon Flame Release Song Technique
Fire Release: Great Dragon Fire Technique
Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique
Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire Technique
Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Flower Nail Crimson
Manipulating Windmill Triple Blades

Uzumaki Clan

Dead Demon Consuming Seal
Five Elements Unseal
OP Summoning Monkey King Enma

The Third hokage's comrade in arms, the monkey king enma's transformation jutsu Characterized by the hardness of diamond and its at-will extensibility, Kongou Nyoi-Bou is Sandaime's"weapon of choice", so to speak and with it in hand he's made it through a world of war for an extended period of time.

Enma is capable of using Transformation: Adamantine Staff, which allows him to turn into a extending and expanding staff that is as hard as adamantine, capable of cutting through the Shinju branches easily. By extending in staff form, Enma can even push Kurama out of Konoha rather easily. He is also able to produce various body parts, such as eyes or arms, from the staff. Additionally, Enma can still move on his own in the staff form, allowing him to return to Hiruzen. Enma can even clone himself in his staff form, turning him into any number of smaller staffs that he uses for Adamantine Prison Wall, a move that can even protect against Hashirama Senju's Wood Release techniques.

Durability Feats - Super Kage Bunshin???

Hiruzen has shown to have excellent durability feats at age 69 with his Kage Bunshin as one of his clones was stabbed by Hashirama with 4 Kunai in the chest yet did not disperse until Hiruzen was done with it. He was also able to hold Orochimaru's soul for an hour long despite being stabbed through the chest by the Sword of Kusangi.

Dangerous CQC
]Even past his Prime, Hiruzen had showed excellent Close Quarter Combat skills. Moments after sealing parts of his soul away to seal the Edo Hokage and exhausting his remaining Chakra on Kage Bunshin, he was still able to easily disarm Orochimaru from his Sword of Kusangi with great ease and catch him to prepare his sealing Jutsu. He was also able to easily break through the Shinju branches and save Naruto despite Tobirama and Minato unable to get through.

Strong fighters such as Aye couldn't do much against Wood Style from Madara. Only Onoki managed to destroy lots of Wood with his Jinton which even damaged edo-Madara. Tsunade destroying a Wood Clone don't count because it was merely a clone. Same with edo-Madara cutting Hashirama's Wood clone in half don't count. Tobirama failed to destroy all of the Juubi Wood Style with his Water Style Ninjutsu. Minato said he didn't have enough chakra to teleport Naruto away. Which means that Minato couldn't destroy the Wood either. He could only teleport Naruto away. That was his only option. The first time Madara used Wood Style, characters such as Gaara or Dodai were saying that it's GG right now because they can't do anything to that Wood. Only Naruto saved their asses. So you see, Kage level fighters like Tobirama, Minato, Gaara, Aye were powerless against Wood Style. But Hiruzen and a few others managed to cut through the Wood like paper. The only other person who had cut through the Wood so easily was EMS Sasuke with his Susanoo sword.

Intelligence "The Professor"
Having been around the previous 3 Shinobi World War, Hiruzen's knowledge and experience in all forms of Shinobi combat are unparalleled. Although brief, we only get to see a glimpse of "The Professor"

One great example would include when Hiruzen combined the Reaper Death Seal with Kage Bunshin to try and seal multiple souls at once. This was a genius move because it would help delay the sealing of his own soul enough to go after Orochimaru's soul next.

The last time we see a glimpse of Hiruzen's intelligence was when he personally engages Obito so that nobody needs to put their lives at risk, taking advantage of the fact that he's already dead to analyse Obito's abilities. By observing Obito's Truth-Seeking Balls with his specialty, the Shuriken Kage Bunshin, he theorizes that they are similar to the Third Tsuchikage's kekkei tōta in that they are a combination of multiple nature transformations. He also postulates that the Truth-Seeking Balls have limits to the duration of their malleability, but his upper body is destroyed immediately after that. He was able to deduce the Truth-Seeking Balls, (a technique that is beyond Shinobi knowledge) in mere seconds after seeing it

Further Hype and Testimonials

Orochimaru admitting that he would be killed by a 59 year old Hiruzen.

Danzo in his dying moments admitting inferiority despite possessing Izanagi, Kotoamatsukami and Hashirama's DNA.

Kabuto, a spy who has spied on and knows all about the Shinobi countries states that an old Hiruzen was stronger then all the 5 Kage at the time. Just imagine his Prime.

Even with the entire SA and 5 Kage, Shikamaru states that only Hiruzen could contend with Guruguru at the time.

Considers himself to be the strongest in his group which also included Tobirama. Confident enough to take on the entire Kinkaku and survive.

Extra Databook Hype

"The sandaime, in particular, was a genius nicknamed the 'Professor,' and was called the strongest of all the Hokage".

the Sandaime was the strongest.

Databook 1, Page 117

The "Professor" revered as the strongest Hokage in history.

Databook 1, Page 119

"History's Strongest", "Genius", etc., there are many words that describe the Sandaime Hokage.

DB2 Pg 84
Konohamaru paragraph:

Konohamaru, descended from Sandaime, who was praised as history’s strongest Hokage.

"Hiruzen in his Prime was able to counter every Leaf Jutsu in Existance including all MS and EMS skills." DB2 Pg 84

Konohamaru paragraph:

Konohamaru, descended from Sandaime, who was praised as history’s strongest Hokage.

He who even holds the affectionate name of "Professor," being well-versed in every jutsu that exists in the village of Konohagakure

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's different to Susano'o, Susano'o isn't impenetrable, as shown when Sasuke's is metled with acid or cracked etc. Also Susano'o can't be used as a barrier and generally follows a certain form.
Basically, you have an invisible Yata mirror that's not only malleable but has no limit to the breadth. That's a bit too OP, tbh.

Itachi with merely Susanoo, Yata and Totsuka seemed virtually invincible.

Whereas the barrier technique blocks you off from any and all attacks, and can be adjusted and formed however the user sees fit, however the more complex the shape and the larger the size the more chakra it requires and the greater the strain on the user, also you can erect the barrier where you see fit, not just around yourself.
Then I don't see anyone defeating such an MS wielder. Unless they can push you to the point whereby you can't put up the barrier anymore, but unless you're so weak, you can literally win any fight if you have all the cards, and with such a jutsu, you don't have to worry about defense and only have offense to focus on. Pretty much all you have to dedicate yourself on is getting better in your offenses.

It appears as an opaque substance of light, and you can erect it as just a wall, to me used quickly and to block a frontal attack, or you can form 3 dimensional structures, such as a box or a sphere, to shield you from all angles, the more complex the design and the larger the size, the more difficult it is to sustain.
Eliminates the need for Susanoo, honestly, but I like the fact it strains the user the more complex the shape is. Though, what need would you have for such a technique when Susanoo already puts you in the Top 5 in terms of defense.

Last edited:

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All MS feats are scaled down versions of Kaguya's abilities. Try and think of what feat Kaguya can do with her RinneSharingan then reduce it to Uchiha's level.

Either that or try giving classic Sharingan feats but on a different level. I.e : broken genjutsu, unrestricted copy jutsu, etc.
Fanfic.