Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, I am not asking which is better lmao. But for those who have read the manga AND have been watching Season 2 so far, can someone determine if the anime is picking and choosing what material to animate in what order or is this accurate to the manga post Season 1 content so far? Also please, no spoilers. But I'm asking this for two reasons; first, I remember that a lot of people were saying that the content in the manga that came right after the events of S1 was largely political and was rather slow for awhile. Yet I don't believe S2 (so far) has dived into anything toooooo political or at least it hasn't full on stopped in it's place to focus on the politics like people were claiming the manga did. And second, this could just be me but so far the pacing is all over the place with S2 (in a bad way)—The first few episodes I was struggling to keep up with where we were in the timeline, but that could have simply been the fact I didn't bother to rewatch S1 before jumping into the new content so it's been awhile since I've been familiar with these characters/settings. But even with the last few episodes the pacing seems a little off, especially with how they implement flashbacks.

Now I feel a lot of this can be chalked up to the anime having to compensate for having half the amount of episodes to utilize for this arc, which is precisely why I suspect that the anime so far hasn't been very true to how the manga paced things out as if the beginning was supposed to be very slow and politically focused I would think that the anime wouldn't want to risk using up potentially a third of the season on that and then have to rush the remainder. I suspect the anime is skipping/rushing things to keep audience engagement up throughout all 12 episodes, but since I haven't read the manga I can't confirm this suspicion... so, anyone wanna shed some light on this? Again though, please no spoilers—I for one shat my pants during the casual reveals of this current episode and that reaction is precisely why I try and stay clear of any and all information/spoilers for anything that I know I will be watching.

Kanino

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Actually is after this season that will go political and new characters will be introduce to further the plot, do to some revelations in this season it's why it takes the political views. There's no Titans for a while but there's still action, and very good one but human vs human action. That's all i can say. Hopefully it helps

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Actually is after this season that will go political and new characters will be introduce to further the plot, do to some revelations in this season it's why it takes the political views. There's no Titans for a while but there's still action, and very good one but human vs human action. That's all i can say. Hopefully it helps
yeah I'm not looking forward for the rest of the season and season 3 for that matter.
It's completely slowed down.

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, the "political stuff"comes a bit later, but I like it more because i prefer the story to the massacre, but I will tell you that the feel of SNK changes a lo after this arc, it becomes a lot less about the titans that were introduced to us at the beginning and they kinda fall to the sidelines, I really like the manga but there is a reason why it took a very high anime quality for it to explode and why snk fell off the face of the earh after s1 ended

Last edited: