Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

What will you learn in this tutorial?
This tutorial will teach you how to create the Manga Art style I've been using for my latest avatars/signatures/banners to create whatever type of art you want using Manga art. To be more precise, this is what you will learn:

• How to remove the white from a manga page.
  • How to color behind lines.
  • How to alter line colors and background colors.
  • How to edit lines.
What programs will be used?​
For this tutorial, only a single program will be used and that will be Adobe Photoshop CC. All the resources I link to will be purely for Adobe Photoshop so if you are using another program then these resources will not work for you.

Finished Image​

Reactions: fiend and Parrish

Shinato

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks for sharing bruh, already know this but for those who don't this is a great small tutorial!

I mainly did this because for some strange reason, this style got fairly popular and I created a custom action to make this easier to do. Though, thank you! (And thanks to everyone!)

Phobos

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Could help some1 I guess, isn't it easier to put your gray color over your manga scan with "darken" layer? For coloring just use "screen" or similiar.

Shinato

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Could help some1 I guess, isn't it easier to put your gray color over your manga scan with "darken" layer? For coloring just use "screen" or similiar.

That will leave hard edges and cuts, that lowers the quality of the drawing. (Hence why removing the white is a better way and it also make color, editing much easier.)

Phobos

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

That will leave hard edges and cuts, that lowers the quality of the drawing. (Hence why removing the white is a better way and it also make color, editing much easier.)

Hard edges and cuts? That's not possible, but if you don't belive me..
Here I did this in a minute, gray layer darken and overlay blue.

Shinato

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hard edges and cuts? That's not possible, but if you don't belive me..
Here I did this in a minute, gray layer darken and overlay blue.

There is a darker blue outline around the blue, which is visible. (My method avoids that, as there is always slightly lighter on the outside of the lines.) Beyond that, you cannot clip and cut lines together as easy without first removing the white. Which I do from time to time, seen in the finished version of the example in this tutorial.