DarkMarke

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I now pronounce you sad lonely Otaku and virtual wife.

I now pronounce you husband and what?!

In another sign that the world is about to collapse, multiple blogs are reporting that a fan of the Nintendo DS dating sim Love Plus (you know, the really creepy one) liked his virtual lady so much that he decided to marry her. For real.

Apparently, a Japanese gamer known as 'Sal9000' was officially wed to Nene Anegasaki, one of the game's three virtual girlfriends, in what must have been the weirdest ceremony in the history of ceremonies. We can only assume that Ms. Pac-Man was the maid of honor.

While the two aren't planning a honeymoon -- after all, one of them is a VIDEO GAME -- they did hold a small 'reception' in Japan for friends, family and the media, indicating that this is most likely little more than the looniest video game publicity stunt we've seen in some time. Check out this video recap by Boing Boing, complete with footage of the happy, er, couple:

Last edited:

-Andy-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
roflmao xD i wonder what they will call the kid that gets born hahahaha xD that is if the thing that enters the game and afterwards the game survives o_O lol

but still lets say he meats a real girl and really wants to marry her will he first divorce the video game then get married to her xD????

Kazamori

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
roflmao xD i wonder what they will call the kid that gets born hahahaha xD that is if the thing that enters the game and afterwards the game survives o_O lol

but still lets say he meats a real girl and really wants to marry her will he first divorce the video game then get married to her xD????
Yeah , lol ! This story is really weird... but it's Japan >__< :D

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Only in Japan...
yup, exactly.

I know many weird people in real, but i really doubt it that one of them would ever be attracted to a guy who married a freaking video game.

Ragnaroc

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i can't help but laugh at this when i first read it, i had to make sure that it wasn't part of the onion. but this is just kinda sad and weird that he married a video game character. it also raises questions how they consummated the marriage but then i shudder a bit and try to get that question and disturbing thought out of my head...lol

Kawagiri

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
it's a con... the woman gets divorced takes half his posessions... in this case it goes to the game creators XD

this message is for total lunacy and is not serious although it would be funny if it happened O_O

DarkMarke

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sometimes I kinda wonder "what will happen to Japan once they perfect androids" and then I'd find some crazy s*** like this and go "............Oh yeah"*Facepalm*.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragnaroc