Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Awaits LoK in a field full of the majestic beasts to which he has become sovereign.*

I was thinking that your bovine subjects might be willing to assist in this training session. u_u

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Iseewhatyoudidthere.

But it seems the last jutsu you learned was Scream of Despair, which Ibby didn't post as I assume this was when you went inactive (?). You performed it and he asked you what way would you best use this. In order to review this before we move in, I ask you the same thing and something else: Given the properties of Sound release (fuuton and raiton chakra), what makes rhis technique 'work', as in what about the elements combined produce this particular effect. This is fairly easy to answer, but it helps to understand the two components of Sound release and how it works. Also, another question I have: if this is utilized against you, in what manner would you defend and why would this work best? There are multiple ways to do this but based on your own fighting style and knowledge of sound release, what would you do to stop it and give yourself the advantage?

Jutsu:

Ototon: Himei Zetsubou no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Scream of Despair Skill
Type: Supplementary/Defense
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: N/a
Description: The user concentrating chakra into their vocal cords enhancing throat chakra lets out a scream that travels extremely fast in which can be used to deflect projectiles and send opponents flying.
Note: Travels at 315 speed

Demosthenes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
..He went inactive first.. >_>
But yeah, I don't think it was long after. xD

My initial response would have been that it's forcefulness was based in Fuuton's "pushing" trait, and that it was the strength of the repeated waves of chakra that created the effect, but after rethinking it, I believe it could also be attributed to Raiton's vibration trait, and that the effect of this technique comes from a drastic increase in the severity of the waves' oscillation, reaching violent enough levels to disturb objects within a certain range from the point of origin before weakening outside of mid-range. Perhaps a combination of both? If not, I think I may return to my first answer.

Hmm.. Recent applications of sound that I've seen have all been a bit tricky in the area of speed, with some claiming that sound moves too quickly to be responded to by normal means, which I doubt is/hope is not the case, or at least wont be the case for long. The labeled "counters" for Sound are Earth and Wind, with the latter being the only semi-reliable one (or so it seems to me), but, in my specific case, I would want to play it as safe as possible when dealing with Sound. With this specific technique, I would rely on my doujutsu to see the Ototon chakra being molded and preparing myself in such a way that I would either mimic the same technique or utilize another Ototon technique with the same damage basis as absolutely, microscopically close to the opponent's beginning of their technique as physically possible, resulting in a collision of the forces that would hopefully result in a mutual cancellation, or one overpowering the other, depending on technique rank/damage. If that's not possible, I'd have to see the chakra ahead of time, and try my timing with a Fuuton technique of the same rank or higher that would be large enough to protect my entire body from the sound waves and would not require handseals (as I'd need my hands free to cross my fingers.).

Last edited:

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
I believe it to be a combination of the two as well. I would explain but you seem to have covered the explanation fairly well. .-.

As for the speed of sound, as of now, some are currently unblockable by normal means unfortunately. Sound jutsu that work by hearing them and perceiving them through the auditory complex generally work as soon as you make them, or as soon as they are heard. Sound jutsu that work through vibrations while not necessarily affecting the ears of the target generally take more time, taking on the traits of wind over lightning whereas the first takes on the traislts of fast moving lightning over wind. While most sound jutsu have outdated references to speed, we have to look at them as realistically as possible.

In this particular jutsu, it's used to deflect incoming projectiles. The speed indication is rather vague in our rp but it should be viewed as faster than wind jutsu at this rank but still slower than lightning, if that makes sense. It has a rather fast speed but not so high as an opponent won't be able to defend in mid range if they note the jutsu being used. And yes, wind is currently rhe only suitable defense for sound waves though earth is listed as well, it isn't a good defense at all. Can you tell me why?

Demosthenes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hmm.. I suppose there are a few reasons: one, being that Doton techniques, for the most part, are comparatively slower to start up than other elements, in that they involve moving chakra to a source and then manipulating it to the desired location. I suppose any amount of extra time needed to perform a technique makes it less likely to be viable against sound. Though, that's just for technique's that require a source. Earth just generally wouldn't work well because of its rigid, nonporous structure allowing sounds to vibrate through and continue to propogate to some degree. On top of this, forming an inclosed structure at the wrong time could allow for a sound to reverberate within and potentially become more deadly than before.

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Yeah that's right, Earth being a solid structure, and sound vibrates through the atoms of a sturdier item better than through a gaseous one or a liquid similarly. As you said, it makes using earth a rather dangerous element to use against this element. I'd feel more comfortable saying it was weak to lightning instead of earth, but that'd neither here nor there. Any questions?

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Moving on then. ^_^

(Ototon: Naiteki Ne no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Inner Sonar Skill
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user enhancing their hearing by utilizing chakra and enfusing their sound waves from their mouth. With their breathing sound waves emerge and bounce off of objects having them know wherever everything is around them.

A very very neat jutsu. The only problem I've always had with it is that it sort of looks like a jutsu that constantly uses chakra, meaning you wouldn't be able to use chakra for other techniques. On the other hand, I've also looked at mugi's CJ (which is an "upgraded version of this", though differently) and it seems to be more like a passive ability. So that's an issue (it has never been cleared up, and as you know sound needs revamping. Big time.). Now, let's just assume it's passive, what seem to be the biggest advantages and disadvantages? Think outside of the box for a minute here.