Madara's upturn into Main Character? (Kishimoto's approach and style)

Wesker

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wall of text ETA in 3...2...1!

Don't you people find it kind of hilarious how the story unfolds at this point?

We had a typical, ultimate power-buff to the main "villain" as it happens in all of the Good vs Evil stories.
We had a ton of people freak the **** out and whine about how "OP" and "unstoppable" Madara is...
We had tons of people either despising or band-wagoning on Madara's "power levels" with all those "MADARA SOLOS", "LORD MADARA", "BEST VILLAIN EVER", "God Mode Madara", "GODARA" :D or on opposite: "Madara does nothing but stealing powers".

And now despite all of that, we have the supposed "ultimate obstacle", that protagonists must overcome... RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE, from "god-mode" Naruto and "god-mode" Sasuke :D

It is arguable, but at this point, they show more menacing and over-powering abilities, than one-eyed, Holy-Tree S06P-mode Madara. The story is also frequently told from Madara's point of view, and when that happens, Naruto/Sasuke/and Gai looked so dangerous, that it felt like Madara is the Main Character we are supposed to root for, who has to survive the onslaught.

What is happening at the moment, I find extraordinary. And considering that it is a god damn >SHONEN manga<, where the most regular, and the most cliche shit happening all day everyday, we instead get this! I am very surprised.

There is total upturn of positions/roles that protagonists and antagonist usually occupy. And the antagonist is actually the one going "HOLY SHIT WHAT DO I DO?!"

Now a little more interesting part!

For how long now Madara is present in the panels in terms of >internal monologue< show-time? I felt like for the last 15 chapters or so, he is having more thoughts shared, and more "situation-commentary" than protagonists. And that is definitely something that Villain rarely does.

Madara is now occupying that "main" slot of a character that is supposed to thrust through overwhelming force and odds, have his inner monologue "shown", have his distress and desperation demonstrated, and have him explaining his future course of action in his mind, explaining what he could possibly do to defeat very strong enemies.

What do you think about what is happening in terms of character behavior and author's approach? Do you like it? Do you find it unusual?

It feels like Kishimoto is trying to give Madara some more character development before he "offs" him. People are mostly perceiving Madara as trait-less, powerhouse of a character that is just there to "Muahahahaha" in front of the protagonists.

If that is the case, I dunno if he succeeded, but Madara is definitely feels like your typical MC w/ his situation and behavior in the latter few chapters (mostly).

P.S

Though of course such scenes as when Gai/Kakashi/Minato/Gaara cooperate, or when Naruto meets SO6P, definitely put the manga back on track, and accentuate who is the real protagonist.

Last edited: