ethris

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
a root canal: recently studys have linked root canals to 97% of terminal cancer patients, they as well, when taking the bacteria from a root canal, and putting in a rabbit, found that the heart disease of the person who owned the tooth was transferred to the bunny 100% of the time. which i think proved the long suspected theory that root canals have been linked to heart disease. and if you think about it, it makes sense that its unhealthy to kill your nerve(or is is killing the root?) because your body is trying to heal something that can no longer heal, wasting energy.

my question, to anyone who knows about this stuff..

how similar is a root canal to a wisdom tooth extraction?

Do they pose the same threats? heart disease? nerve damage? or does the health damaging nerve or root get left over when having a wisdom tooth pulled, like it does when haveing a rootcanal? sorry if any of my information is wrong, that is why im asking..

and yes i have asked a oral surgeon. an oral surgeon who wants me to pay 400 dollars for a 3 d scan and 1000 for an extraction, at his place.

Last edited:

ethris

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why do you have to pay if all you need is information? :|
hes saying he cant give her more info till another 400 dollar scan is done, but in order to decide if the scan is necessary we need more info (how severe it is and what not)

every business wants to make money, and keeping patient consults to one office is how they do buisness.

either wya my main question was the similarities between root canals and wisdom tooth extraction, the rest was just back round info.

Iruka

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
nnot sure if this is the right section, but, anyways.

a root canal: recently studys have linked root canals to 97% of terminal cancer patients, they as well, when taking the bacteria from a root canal, and putting in a rabbit, found that the heart disease of the person who owned the tooth was transferred to the bunny 100% of the time. which i think proved the long suspected theory that root canals have been linked to heart disease. and if you think about it, it makes sense that its unhealthy to kill your nerve(or is is killing the root?) because your body is trying to heal something that can no longer heal, wasting energy.
Your wording makes it sound like the root canal procedure is to blame. I believe the argument has actually been that root canals are unable to remove all traces of infection in the tooth, and that the infection then works it's way into the bloodstream, ultimately causing health issues outside of the mouth. Whether this is true or not isn't for me to say.

Much of this is based on Dr Weston Price, a dentist from a long time ago. He advocated for complete extraction (that is, ripping your tooth out) as opposed to root canals. He claimed that leaving effectively dead teeth in the mouth just provided grounds for bacterial growth, and that it caused many degenerative diseases. The thing that worries me is when people speak about him apparently curing a wheelchair bound woman of her affliction by simply pulling out her tooth.

Last edited:

Edenia

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
nnot sure if this is the right section, but, anyways.

do they pose the same threats? heart disease? nerve damage? or does the health damaging nerve or root get left over when having a wisdom tooth pulled, like it does when haveing a rootcanal? sorry if any of my information is wrong, that is why im asking..

and yes i have asked a oral surgeon. an oral surgeon who wants me to pay 400 dollars for a 3 d scan and 1000 for an extraction, at his place.
Those types of studies are the same as saying that 99,9% of dead people have dental caries or have been subjected to root canal treatments and that if you do one you'll die. Caries are contagious (because of bacteriae) so they can be passed on with kisses for example but it really depends on the type of saliva and immune defenses of the person. If you let your tooth be infected instead of removing it or do a root canal treatment, the infection will spread throughout the nerve and can reach your heart and lead to heart diseases and serious systemic infections. The thing is, the dentist needs to be aware of the medical history and background and all the medication of the patient to prevent causing serious health problems. For example, people with heart conditions should take antibiotics before making a root canal treatment or removing a tooth, as a preventive procedure.

Removing a wisdom tooth has nothing to do with root canal treatments. In the second case, the nerve is extracted and the canals are filled with a proper material to block bacterial progression. When removing a wisdom tooth, besides the usual medical background, the dentist has to check if the tooth is not touching or really near to the inferior alveolar nerve cause if this is not taken into account and the professional decides to extract your tooth, he or she may accidently cause a paresthesia. Wisdom teeth extraction is a very tricky situation depending on the position they are and the type of roots, especially if they are impacted. So it can be a very hard or very easy procedure and it's always more expensive than removing an ordinary tooth.

Last edited:
Reactions: ethris

Edenia

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also, root canal treatments are very unpredictable depending on the patient and on the dentist's skills. If not done correctly or even if done correctly but the tooth has a weird anatomy and there may be really small canals left, the bacteriae will still spread.

ethris

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Take out a loan or something, people go through his in their life-times, ^^I've had two of my teeth fixed at the similar range price. Get a job and do it.
..lmao

was asking mainly for a comparison between root canal and wisdom teeth extraction, the rest was just back round info.

some of these replies seem to have missed that but atleast they were informative and helped me get a better understanding, yours tho.. i couldnt help but just laugh

Last edited:

ethris

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
im saying to not worry about what i said just because you got a root canal.. unless you dont consider heart disease, dangerous bacteria, and delayed problems serious. which btw isnt information i need confirmed, it already is.

Seems like a positive correlation, rather than a cause and effect.

100% of terminal cancer patients drink water the year they die too.
actually...considering those cancer patients are terminal, they might have already started artificial nutrition and hydration.

Last edited:

ethris

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your wording makes it sound like the root canal procedure is to blame. I believe the argument has actually been that root canals are unable to remove all traces of infection in the tooth, and that the infection then works it's way into the bloodstream, ultimately causing health issues outside of the mouth. Whether this is true or not isn't for me to say.

Much of this is based on Dr Weston Price, a dentist from a long time ago. He advocated for complete extraction (that is, ripping your tooth out) as opposed to root canals. He claimed that leaving effectively dead teeth in the mouth just provided grounds for bacterial growth, and that it caused many degenerative diseases. The thing that worries me is when people speak about him apparently curing a wheelchair bound woman of her affliction by simply pulling out her tooth.
Did you even read my ppost?, i mean you literally replied, or quoted, everything but my questiion. lol

Iruka

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Did you even read my ppost?, i mean you literally replied, or quoted, everything but my questiion. lol
Yes I did read your post, in fact I even went to the trouble of answering your question. I'm sorry if it wasn't initially clear. I'll explain my original post but this time try to be more direct.

The recent studies you speak of are based on very old research, some of which is dubious. Furthermore, you were of the belief that the health issues were due to the body trying to heal a deadened nerve. I realise that this is background to your question, but it was important to address it first.

Do they pose the same threats? heart disease? nerve damage? or does the health damaging nerve or root get left over when having a wisdom tooth pulled, like it does when haveing a rootcanal? sorry if any of my information is wrong, that is why im asking..
This is where I feel I've been vague.

You wanted to know the difference between the dangers of a root canal and an extraction, which is why I addressed your background section before mentioning Dr Price. If we believe Dr Price's work (the basis for many of your claims about transferring diseases), then root canals cause illness by being vessels for bacteria to grow in. If you were to have a complete extraction then the tooth would no longer be present, thus it would be significantly less likely to contribute to the illnesses that you have listed.

While I understand Dr Price's position and think he makes valid points, I made my final comment about the wheelchair bound lady just as a reminder that not everything you hear about this guy can be taken as complete fact.

Something I didn't mention because you never asked is the effect of trauma resulting from an extraction. There are many reasons why modern dentistry favour root canals to extractions, two being trauma and replacement teeth.

Removing a tooth from the jaw requires a fair amount of force. This leads to trauma, and even risks severing nerves in the process. While this isn't common, there have been accounts of people experiencing pain and tingling for a long time due to it. Also, while the wound heals there is the possibility for infection (partially why you should wash your mouth with salt water afterwards). As the mouth has a very good blood supply to it, infection can be much more dangerous in the mouth than elsewhere on the body.

Once removed, you can either leave the tooth gone and live with the gap, or you can get an artificial replacement. These are expensive (much more so than root canals I believe), and ultimately of worse quality than a natural tooth. In most cases, if the natural tooth can be saved then that is the preferred option.

That's unfortunately common among dentists and oral surgeons. About a year ago I had a dentist recommend me not one, not two, but five root canals. I sought a second opinion and was instead told that I needed a few fillings at most. I don't think they're necessarily out to hurt your wallet, more that each person has their own preferred way of treating their patients. That being said, five root canals versus a few fillings is quite a difference.

I'm almost certain that they can determine the level of tooth decay from a simply X-ray. While I'm not a dentist, a 3-D scan seems overkill for an initial inquiry.

Does this clear anything up? Whether you believe me or not, I did read your entire post and, with the exception of trauma and artificial teeth, my original post contained an answer to your question, I just left it to be inferred rather than directly stated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avani and Edenia

Wabbit

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have 3 hollowed tooths due to cavity. Two are filled with cement, another was totally broken one side the filling came out. Doctor recommended me root canal but they are so expensive. I am living with 2 hollow tooths since 2 years.
OT: I had no idea infection from the teeth can reach heart. fug.

Edenia

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The 3D scan is often necessary to check the position of the wisdom tooth. They are very atypical in their anatomy especially roots and the risk of being too close to the inferior alveolar nerve is very frequent so it's important for the dentist to make a proper diagnosis with an extra scan to avoid nerve damaging and to plan the approach in surgery and the way to get access to the tooth with minimum trauma. So it is not usually a way to get more money. It might be if it's easy to just see it in a panoral.

The extent of the decay can be easily seen in an ordinary x-ray. 3D scans are only required for complex extractions or as diagnosis of cysts and tumors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iruka

Iruka

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The 3D scan is often necessary to check the position of the wisdom tooth. They are very atypical in their anatomy especially roots and the risk of being too close to the inferior alveolar nerve is very frequent so it's important for the dentist to make a proper diagnosis with an extra scan to avoid nerve damaging and to plan the approach in surgery and the way to get access to the tooth with minimum trauma. So it is not usually a way to get more money. It might be if it's easy to just see it in a panoral.
Ah you're right. For some reason I thought the wisdom tooth was decayed, and that ethris was being given the option of either having it removed or having a canal. In that case a 3-D scan makes sense, as extraction is much more prevalent for wisdom teeth as they aren't missed nearly as much as a canine or premolar.