[Question] Logue Town (Spoiler (Somewhat))

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dont read if you dont read the manga. (Spoiler)

Bartolomeo worships luffy because of what happened at Logue town.
He basically proclaimed he would be king of pirates before Buggy strikes him down with a blade. But a lightening bolt struck him, which freed him.

Was that lightening bolt dragon's? Or coincidence?
Dragon was there afterall. Of course that would imply that Dragon has control over the weather (It was raining).
:whip:

Kαmi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah Dragon had something to do with it. People have theorized that he either has a DF that involves weather or that he has 1 of the 3 ancient weapons which potentially allows him to control the weather at his will. He is the most dangerous man in the world after all.

ethris

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dont read if you dont read the manga. (Spoiler)

Bartolomeo worships luffy because of what happened at Logue town.
He basically proclaimed he would be king of pirates before Buggy strikes him down with a blade. But a lightening bolt struck him, which freed him.

Was that lightening bolt dragon's? Or coincidence?
Dragon was there afterall. Of course that would imply that Dragon has control over the weather (It was raining).
:whip:
to your sig..i heard they did some thing where it was superman vs goku and goku lost so goku and vegeta solo everyone but superman apparentlyy..lol

ziggyZ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It was most likely 'cause of Dragon, since (if it were him) he would've used his (presumably) weather-weather fruit or (presumably) Uranus.

However, I think it'd be much more interesting if Oda goes for the entire "heaven saved him" approach. And what I mean by that is, if any of you who've either watched/read Chapter 0 would know: during the Edd War, the RP's were outnumbered 10:1, but then miraculously, a storm came about (just like @Loguetown) and saved the RP's. And thus, I think Luffy's survival in Loguetown could be the same case as Roger's was @EW.
Furthermore, after Luffy rings the Ox Bell, there's a scene where Nyon reads the newspaper about what Luffy did, and she than states: "what do the heavens want with this boy". So this further reinforces the theory that the lightning bolt which saved Luffy @Loguetown was due to the "heavens".

Reactions: Kiiszame

Sarito

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I still think that Dragon has a wind-based devil-fruit.

As for the lightning, I think it was just a natural lightning strike.
Luffy was on top of a large metal structure, it seems like that would be the place lightning would hit.

Alphaqindyas

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It probably has to do with dragon. Whether its because he has a DF that controls weather or he has the Ancient weapon, I think it was still Dragon. Although coincidence would be really weird. O__O

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
to your sig..i heard they did some thing where it was superman vs goku and goku lost so goku and vegeta solo everyone but superman apparentlyy..lol
I heard about that video. And that it was bias towards superman. So nope wont happen.
I think it was Dragons, just like the wind we experienced there also.
Yes exactly.
I still think that Dragon has a wind-based devil-fruit.

As for the lightning, I think it was just a natural lightning strike.
Luffy was on top of a large metal structure, it seems like that would be the place lightning would hit.
It would be better if it was natural
I think it was Dragon because he was there. If dragon wasnt in that arc then i would have considered it to be a natural strike. But because he was there and we presumably believe he holds some kind of ability to control the weather, then it is natural to believe he would save his son with a bolt of lightening knowing well it would not affect his rubber properties.

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It probably has to do with dragon. Whether its because he has a DF that controls weather or he has the Ancient weapon, I think it was still Dragon. Although coincidence would be really weird. O__O
Well you have to remember that Dragon saved him from Smoker and throughout the entire Arc it was raining and very windy. Coincidence?? I dont think so =D

Dr Strangelove

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I heard about that video. And that it was bias towards superman. So nope wont happen.

Yes exactly.

I think it was Dragon because he was there. If dragon wasnt in that arc then i would have considered it to be a natural strike. But because he was there and we presumably believe he holds some kind of ability to control the weather, then it is natural to believe he would save his son with a bolt of lightening knowing well it would not affect his rubber properties.
It is obviously to do with Dragon.
But I do like that idea about the heavens ziggyz posted.