Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"Let's drop some acid..."

*Awkward silence*

"On this Litmus Paper and measure it's PH."​

Okay Lilli, first I want to ask a few questions. Why do you want to learn this Jutsu? I mean, really? Why?
You must be registered for see images

Second, what do you know about Litmus? I don't expect much, just any general knowledge you may have. (Being the expert of Mushrooms that you are, I'll assume you know about .)

Finally, this one isn't required so if you can feel bothered, please give 3 examples of how you may use the Jutsu, either in RP or in Battle. Diversity and more creative uses may or may not net you extra brownie points. Or maybe just brownies. Mmmm, triple chocolate fudge...

Now, unless you have any questions, here. Go crazy.

Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 5
Damage: N/A
Description: This Jutsu was created using the special paper Sensei's possess to assess a Shinobi's Elemental Affinity as a basis. The user focuses Chakra in their finger/ hand and, by performing a small action that represents the Element they wish to replicate, they produce a raw/ primal form of the chosen Element. While this technique lacks any real "punch", its strength lies in the users imagination. The following is a list of basic examples from the 5 Elemental Natures, note that these are simply basic examples, and not the sole usage of the technique.

Fire: The user can snap their fingers, using the heat caused by the friction to make a "lighter" from their finger/ thumb. Other uses include low heat Fire's, such as Ash.

Wind: The user can twirl their finger around, using the rotation to create a mini-vortex on their fingertip. Other uses include basic variations of Wind, like small gusts.

Lightning: The user can rub their fingers together, using the vibration to mimic a small electrical charge. Other uses include basic variations of Lightning.

Earth: The user can ball their hand into a fist, compressing their Chakra and make a small rock or pebble. Other uses include softer or lighter variations of Earth, such as mud, dirt or dust.

Water: The user can simply draw a line of Water in the air, using free-flowing movements with their finger, creating a "stream" of Water in the air. Other uses include basic variants on the Water Element, such as syrup or oil.

Note: Can only be taught by x iiiMPerFeCT.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Souji appears. He sees the Akatsuki member Lili-Chwan beside his buddy Shayde.

"Eh? Aren't you the same chick that was in Adachi's coffee shop a couple of days ago? Or have I finally lost it?" this statement was said almost to himself.

"Anyway, ready to learn, Shayde-sensei. Thanks for noticing me."

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"Yo, Brouji. Okay, basically, same questions as before."

Why do you want to learn this technique?

What do you know about Litmus?

And, if you can be bothered, provide 3 examples of how you would use this Technique, either in a battle or in general RP, or maybe even how you could incorporate it into your Senpai duties. Be creative, you get cookies or something...

Finally, if you have any questions, ask them now, otherwise, perform the Jutsu and amaze me. :p

Description: This Jutsu was created using the special paper Sensei's possess to assess a Shinobi's Elemental Affinity as a basis. The user focuses Chakra in their finger/ hand and, by performing a small action that represents the Element they wish to replicate, they produce a raw/ primal form of the chosen Element. While this technique lacks any real "punch", its strength lies in the users imagination. The following is a list of basic examples from the 5 Elemental Natures, note that these are simply basic examples, and not the sole usage of the technique.

Fire: The user can snap their fingers, using the heat caused by the friction to make a "lighter" from their finger/ thumb. Other uses include low heat Fire's, such as Ash.

Wind: The user can twirl their finger around, using the rotation to create a mini-vortex on their fingertip. Other uses include basic variations of Wind, like small gusts.

Lightning: The user can rub their fingers together, using the vibration to mimic a small electrical charge. Other uses include basic variations of Lightning.

Earth: The user can ball their hand into a fist, compressing their Chakra and make a small rock or pebble. Other uses include softer or lighter variations of Earth, such as mud, dirt or dust.

Water: The user can simply draw a line of Water in the air, using free-flowing movements with their finger, creating a "stream" of Water in the air. Other uses include basic variants on the Water Element, such as syrup or oil.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah, but that was in Skype. I guess it's okay, I just wanted to make it official, you know? Well... Uh, do the technique and you're free to go? This is only the second time I've taught a CJ, so I'm still kinda unsure how to proceed. :sweat:

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,928💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
xD It's cool

Litmus Finger is basically a raw and simple manifestation of an element, it doesn't spend too much chakra and it doesn't have a huge offensive application, but it's great to officialize certain RP interactions, like lightning a cigarette, or just filling a cup of water or whatever. It just brings an aspect of realism to the RP dialog. There are actually quite a few battle applications, and it's just a good technique to have overall.

Litmus comes from one of the oldest PH indicator, which is produced by the plant you mentioned. Blue litmus paper turns red when in contact with an acidic solution and red litmus paper turns red when in contact with an alkaline solution. Litmus was the inspiration for the elemental affinity test in the Narutoverse, using paper from the Chakra Tree. Those are the two inspirations for the technique, if I understood it correctly.

It's such an easy technique to perform that it has some very interesting applications in close-quarters battling. You can quickly produce sand or syrup to throw into the opponent's eyes, and even something more damaging like ash or static electricity. The damage, in terms of health, will be insignificant, but it will allow you some distractions and opening. Lightning can also produce some low ranked zaps, which aren't damaging but they can hurt, and, again, can break a stance if performed correctly. This is an E rank, but still carries some power. You can use this jutsu to neutralize D rank elemental techniques with ease, using the complementary elemental strength, without the need to waste chakra (since there aren't any E rank elemental techniques). Otherwise you would have to match the same chakra cost.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Couldn't have put it better myself. Okay, since you were very descriptive and showed you clearly understand how the technique works, you can just add the Jutsu to the vast expansive dictionary you call a Custom Thread. No need to perform it, since you were as descriptive as you were. :p

Be sure and keep in touch, I've got a few awesome variants planned. This one's free, but with anything this addictive awesome, the rest will cost you be even better. ;)

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Yo, Brouji. Okay, basically, same questions as before."

Why do you want to learn this technique?

What do you know about Litmus?

And, if you can be bothered, provide 3 examples of how you would use this Technique, either in a battle or in general RP, or maybe even how you could incorporate it into your Senpai duties. Be creative, you get cookies or something...

Finally, if you have any questions, ask them now, otherwise, perform the Jutsu and amaze me. :p

1. This technique has plenty of RP applications, as Lili's already said. Plus, the image of Booker using it to light Elizabeth's Cigarette will be forever etched into my mind, and who wouldn't want to do something like that? xD

2. Litmus is a water-soluble solution made of plant dyes. It's mixed with paper to form a basic pH indicator. Blue Paper turns red in acidic conditions, and red paper turns blue in basic conditions.

I'm curious, though, why did you call this jutsu "Litmus"? Is it because of the flexibility of the technique to manifest elements? Or was it because it sounded cool? xD

3a. Can use this to discuss the element in question with my students, explain basic properties, etc. would look totally badass to them xD
3b. I can use this to cause small, inconspicuous attacks against an enemy in close-range combat. For example, if going at someone with free-form taijutsu, I could use the lightning variant to touch my foe and cause a mild irritation that leaves an opening, however critical and miniscule.
3c. RP interactions.

4. *performs the jutsu* :|

...no? Ok.

Souji focuses his chakra into his right pointer finger and thumb. Snapping his fingers, he manipulates his chakra to form a small flame. Shaking his hand, he does this again, now applying a different nature. This time, small sparks of static electricity appear. He repeats this process, manifesting a small vortex of wind (like the mini-Rasenshuriken minus the Rasengan), a bubble of water, and a pebble.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1. This technique has plenty of RP applications, as Lili's already said. Plus, the image of Booker using it to light Elizabeth's Cigarette will be forever etched into my mind, and who wouldn't want to do something like that? xD

2. Litmus is a water-soluble solution made of plant dyes. It's mixed with paper to form a basic pH indicator. Blue Paper turns red in acidic conditions, and red paper turns blue in basic conditions.

I'm curious, though, why did you call this jutsu "Litmus"? Is it because of the flexibility of the technique to manifest elements? Or was it because it sounded cool? xD

3a. Can use this to discuss the element in question with my students, explain basic properties, etc. would look totally badass to them xD
3b. I can use this to cause small, inconspicuous attacks against an enemy in close-range combat. For example, if going at someone with free-form taijutsu, I could use the lightning variant to touch my foe and cause a mild irritation that leaves an opening, however critical and miniscule.
3c. RP interactions.

4. *performs the jutsu* :|

...no? Ok.

Souji focuses his chakra into his right pointer finger and thumb. Snapping his fingers, he manipulates his chakra to form a small flame. Shaking his hand, he does this again, now applying a different nature. This time, small sparks of static electricity appear. He repeats this process, manifesting a small vortex of wind (like the mini-Rasenshuriken minus the Rasengan), a bubble of water, and a pebble.
1. Yeah, that was one of the initial reasons the technique came to be. I wanted to perform small, light RP with basic elemental interactions, such as snapping my finger and creating a flame to light a cigarette. xD And that gif is awesome. U_U

2. Yep. I forgot a long time ago which is the acidic end and which is the alkaline end of the Ph Scale... :sweat:

I called it Litmus because that's the name of the Paper Kakashi used during Sasuke's Chidori training and Naruto's Rasenshuriken training. As far as I'm aware everyone just calls it the "Chakra Tree", I intend to educate them on this fact. It is the Litmus Tree, and it's awesome. U_U

But the name wasn't the only defining factor, as you mentioned, the technique also has Elemental Flexibility, and in the techniques to come, there will be more than simple Elemental Flexibility/ Diversity... :snick:

3. You done good. :)

Congrats!! You just became even better than me. I'll go add your name to the Jutsu's list, and you can add the technique to your barren "bare bones" Custom Jutsu thread, while I go kill myself for being inferior to you in every way. XD

Here is the PHP Code, just copy and paste. :)

PHP:
[JUTSU=(Ninpō: Ritomasu Fingā) Ninja Art: Litmus Finger][B]Type:[/B] Supplementary
[B]Rank:[/B] E-Rank
[B]Range:[/B] Short
[B]Chakra:[/B] 5
[B]Damage:[/B] N/A
[B]Description:[/B] This Jutsu was created using the special paper Sensei's possess to assess a Shinobi's Elemental Affinity as a basis. The user focuses Chakra in their finger/ hand and, by performing a small action that represents the Element they wish to replicate, they produce a raw/ primal form of the chosen Element. While this technique lacks any real "punch", its strength lies in the users imagination. The following is a list of basic examples from the 5 Elemental Natures, note that these are simply basic examples, and not the sole usage of the technique.

[B]Note:[/B] Can only be taught by x iiiMPerFeCT.[/JUTSU]

Last edited:

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Litmus Finger got, what I assume/ hope will be, it's last update. Basically I just added damage to it. Here's the link to the update, the Jutsu itself and the PHP Code. :)

Update Link: [URL="http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=157594&page=155&p=17508023&viewfull=1#post175080232]Here[/url]

Type: Offensive/ Supplementary
Damage: 10
Description: This Jutsu was developed using the special paper Sensei possess to assess a Shinobi's Elemental Affinity as a basis. The user focuses Chakra in their finger/ hand and, by performing a small gesture that best represents the Element they wish to replicate, they produce a small, raw form of the desired Element. While this technique lacks any significant "punch", the technique itself can be used to attack the opponent in a variety of ways, making this Jutsu's true strength lie in it's users imagination. The following is a list of basic examples from the 5 Elemental Natures. Note that these are simply basic examples, and not the sole usages of the technique.

Wind: The user can twirl their finger around, using the rotation to create a mini-vortex on their fingertip. Other uses include basic variations of Wind, like small gusts or blades.

Water: The user can, using free-flowing movements with their finger, mimic the flow of Water Chakra and create a "stream" of Water in the air. Other uses include basic variants on the Water Element, such as syrup or oil.

PHP Code:

PHP:
[JUTSU=(Ninpō: Ritomasu Fingā) Ninja Art: Litmus Finger][B]Type:[/B] Offensive/ Supplementary
[B]Rank:[/B] E-Rank
[B]Range:[/B] Short
[B]Chakra:[/B] 5
[B]Damage:[/B] 10
Description: This Jutsu was developed using the special paper Sensei possess to assess a Shinobi's Elemental Affinity as a basis. The user focuses Chakra in their finger/ hand and, by performing a small gesture that best represents the Element they wish to replicate, they produce a small, raw form of the desired Element. While this technique lacks any significant "punch", the technique itself can be used to attack the opponent in a variety of ways, making this Jutsu's true strength lie in it's users imagination. The following is a list of basic examples from the 5 Elemental Natures. Note that these are simply basic examples, and not the sole usages of the technique.

Wind: The user can twirl their finger around, using the rotation to create a mini-vortex on their fingertip. Other uses include basic variations of Wind, like small gusts or blades.

Water: The user can, using free-flowing movements with their finger, mimic the flow of Water Chakra and create a "stream" of Water in the air. Other uses include basic variants on the Water Element, such as syrup or oil.

[B]Note:[/B] Can only be taught by x iiiMPerFeCT.[/JUTSU]

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Comes in and wipes the dust off the ol' thread.*

(Nintaijutsu: Ritomasu Fisuto) Ninja Body Technique: Litmus Fist
Type: Supplementary/ Offensive
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description: Developed as a form of Taijutsu Supplement by a Shinobi who used another one of their own technique's to help himself gain solid footing in the Nin-Tai genre, Litmus Fist carries on the concepts of it's parent technique, Litmus Finger, into new fields of use on a much larger but narrow scale. Where the parent technique was focused on creativity and speed through lack of any Hand Seals, this technique is solely focussed on collaboration with almost any form or stance of Taijutsu in close quarters combat, including Free-Form Taijutsu. The user begins by gathering a large amount of Chakra, distributing it equally throughout their body. Once this is done, the user then performs Taijutsu actions, motions, movements, etc, releasing the Chakra in conjunction with them. Just like with the parent technique, but on a much larger scale, these Taijutsu actions and motions are physically representative of the nature of an Element (An example of this would be using friction to create Fire Release Chakra, or loose, free-flowing movements for Wind Release Chakra, and fluid motions for Water Release, etc.), which cause the Chakra to take on the properties of, and change into, Elemental Chakra. From there, the user applies Shape Manipulation and the same level of creative freedom from the parent technique to perform various kinds of Ninjutsu enhanced Taijutsu actions, either creating the Element they wish to use from their own Chakra, or from existing sources, like a nearby sources of Water, or the ground beneath their feet, however, any offensive action involving an existing Element must originate from the users position, same with Elements created by the user. The user can also control incoming Jutsu, however, the Rank of the Chakra must be at least one Rank higher than the incoming Jutsu, in addition to the Jutsu having to be within Short Range of the user to infuse their Chakra into the Jutsu. Although this technique's extreme versatility comes at a price. After the initial kneading of Chakra, the user cannot perform any other Jutsu while the Chakra gathered for this Jutsu remains. The user can split this Chakra into as many attacks they wish to perform, (Within reason of course, so the user can perform 1 A-Rank, or 2 B-Rank, 4 C-Rank, or even a combination of ranked attacks, like 1 B-Rank and 2 C-Rank, Etc.), however with each division of the Chakra used, so too does each individual action logically lose power. However, this drawback is arguably the Jutsu's best quality, due to fact that the Nature of the Chakra is only changed when released in conjunction with Taijutsu actions, this allows the user to swiftly and accurately shift between Elements, and even perform numerous and extremely unique combinations of Elements. This allows the user to easily create their own unique "style", simply by performing a series of basic actions and combing the Elements those actions unleash, for devastating results.

All of the Elements utilized by this Jutsu can be used to either supplement the user's Taijutsu strikes, or to engage in ranged combat by firing the produced Elements towards their target, allowing the user to seamlessly shift between close quarters combat and ranged combat, without it affecting the flow of the users moves. In addition to this, the user is able to utilize more than the standard form of the Elements they perform, so for example, when the user performs this Jutsu in conjunction with Fire Release, they don't have to use simple flames, they could also use ash or flammable mist should they desire, as both exist within the canon list for Fire Release. A more detailed list of the available variants for the basic 5 Elements is already provided within the parent technique, "(Ninpō: Ritomasu Fingā) Ninja Art: Litmus Finger", however as a rule of thumb, if it exists in the canon list for the Element, it can potentially be utilized in some shape or form through this Jutsu.

Note: The user can keep this technique active for a max of 2 turns, and must wait 2 turns after it's deactivation before they can use it again. If the user does not use the full amount of Chakra gathered for this technique by the end of the 2 turn limit, they lose the remaining Chakra.
Note: This Jutsu can be used a max of 4 times per battle. This restriction relates to the number of times this Jutsu can actually be activated, not the number of individual attacks allowed while using this Jutsu, as those are already clarified and restricted by the amount of Chakra the user gathers and expends on each attack.
Note: Can only be taught by Iᴍᴘᴇяғᴇᴄᴛ, and only to those who have learned "(Ninpō: Ritomasu Fingā) Ninja Art: Litmus Finger".

Okay, so I know it's been a while, but I hope this tech is worth the wait.

If you could both break it down, then give a small usage example, that'd be great. Once you're done, I'll see if there are any mistakes, then you can go about being the next Pro-Bending champion/ Avatar. xd

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Hires a professional cleaning crew to uncover the fabled long lost training thread*

(Ninpō: Ritomasu Fōmu) Ninja Art: Litmus Form
Range: Self - Short
Chakra: N/A
Description: A simple technique, with varying applications, Litmus Form takes principles from both of it's related techniques, namely the simplicity of Litmus Finger, and the full body applications of Litmus Fist, and combines them both, to create a full-body application, which is achieved through a very simple method. This technique utilizes the Chakra that naturally leaks from the body [SUP][ ][/SUP], and is what allows Chakra Sensor-types to detect other lifeforms, such as enemy Shinobi, to create an unranked, full body cosmetic. It has been shown that this naturally exuded can be directly manipulated, such as with the "Chakra Suppression Technique", allowing the user to prevent this Chakra from escaping the body, making them virtually invisible to Chakra Sensors. This technique follows a similar principle, allowing the user to passively manipulate this ambient Chakra, moulding it much like they would for a Jutsu, applying both changes to the Shape and Element, giving it a basic "form" as it leaves the body. This however, unlike the aforementioned technique, doesn't make the user invisible to Chakra Sensors, as the Chakra is still "leaving" the users body, simply in another "state". This allows the user to re-purpose this Chakra, for example, allowing them to wreathe themselves in flames, or cloak themselves in an aura of electrical energy, vortex of wind, etc, and other purely cosmetic applications, without any actual Chakra cost, or effort on part of the user, leaving them open to perform other actions without interference. These cosmetics carry no damage, or tangible properties, not from a lack of control or influence from the user, but simply due to them being composed of the "dregs" of one's Chakra Flow, Chakra that would otherwise go unused, making any impact on both the user, other beings, and the world around them, almost entirely negligible.

Note: Can only be taught by Iᴍᴘᴇяғᴇᴄᴛ, and only to those who have learned "(Ninpō: Ritomasu Fingā) Ninja Art: Litmus Finger" and "(Nintaijutsu: Ritomasu Fisuto) Ninja Body Technique: Litmus Fist".

Not sure if either of you are terribly active, since there haven't been any replies since last time, but if either of you do see this and/ or return, they'll be waiting. This one's really simple, so there's nothing really to ask, so just add it to your CJ threads when you can. :p

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay, forget that this thread is covered in enough dust to usher in a nuclear winter, and that this is an update from about 3 years ago or so, and that I'm woefully incompetent when it comes to keeping people informed, here's the new improved Litmus Fist. The biggest changes are the fact that you can keep it active for the full 4 turns by essentially "topping up" the Chakra for the technique every turn, and the ability to use other techniques during this one's duration, though naturally not at the same as an outgoing attack. If you've got any questions, fire away, otherwise please enjoy.

(Nintaijutsu: Ritomasu Fisuto) Ninja Body Art: Litmus Fist
Type: Supplementary/ Offensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra: 30 (Plus up to an additional 30 Chakra each turn)
Description: Developed as a form of Taijutsu supplement, Litmus Fist carries on the concepts of it's parent technique, Litmus Finger, into new fields of use on a much larger, more focused scale. Where the parent technique was focused on creativity and speed through lack of any Hand Seals, this technique is solely focused on collaboration with almost any form or stance of Taijutsu in close quarters combat, especially Free-Form Taijutsu. The user begins by gathering a large amount of Chakra and distributing it equally throughout their body. Once this is done, the user then performs Taijutsu actions, motions, movements, etc, releasing the gathered Chakra in conjunction with them. Just like with the parent technique, these Taijutsu actions and motions are physically representative of the nature of an Element (An example of this would be using friction to perform Fire Release, or fluid motions for Water Release, etc.), which cause the Chakra to take on the properties of, and change into that Element. From there, the user applies Shape Manipulation and the same level of creative freedom from the parent technique to perform various kinds of Ninjutsu enhanced Taijutsu actions, either creating the Element they wish to use from their own Chakra, or using their Chakra to manipulate existing sources, like a nearby source of Water, or the ground beneath their feet, however, any and all offensive actions involving an existing source must originate from within Short Range of the user, same with Elements created by the user. Additionally, the user is able to utilize all canon forms/ states for the Elements they perform, for example, if they use Fire Release they could use ash, or flammable mist, however, the state or form of any attack performed via this technique cannot be changed once released, as the Chakra has already left the body, and been given form.

The user can split the Chakra Pool from this Jutsu into as many attacks they wish to perform, within reason, so the user can perform 1 A-Rank, or 2 B-Rank, etc, or even a combination of different ranked attacks, like 1 B-Rank and 2 C-Rank, etc. However with each division of the Chakra used, so too does each individual action logically lose power, although, this drawback is arguably the Jutsu's best quality, due to fact that the Nature of the users Chakra is only changed when released in conjunction with Taijutsu actions. This allows the user to swiftly and accurately shift between multiple Elements, performing extremely unique combinations of Elements, easily creating their own "style", simply by performing a series of basic actions and combing the Elements those actions unleash. Additionally, at the start of each turn for the duration of this technique the user can expend Chakra equivalent to the amount of Chakra utilized up until that point, restoring the Chakra they have for this technique back up to it's max. Although this action can easily end up eating through the users Chakra reserves, this ensures they can maintain the Jutsu for it's maximum turn limit, receiving the most from this Jutsu in return for the high cost required to maintain it. Finally, while the Chakra for this technique is gathered and prepared throughout the user's body, as it is yet to be molded, repurposed and released into an actual attack, the user can perform other Jutsu whilst this one is active, without consuming the Chakra pool gathered for this technique, however, this cannot be done simultaneously while the user is releasing an attack from this technique, as they are logically using their Chakra to shape that attack and cannot divert neither their attention, nor Chakra flow between multiple techniques.

Note: The user can keep this technique active for a max of 4 turns, and must wait 2 turns after it's deactivation before they can use it again. If the user does not use the full amount of Chakra gathered for this technique by the end of the turn limit, they lose the remaining Chakra. Finally, this Jutsu can be used a max of 3 times per battle.
Note: Can only be taught by Iᴍᴘᴇяғᴇᴄᴛ, and only to those who have learned "(Ninpō: Ritomasu Fingā) Ninja Art: Litmus Finger".

• Angry
Reactions: Ester

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,928💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay, forget that this thread is covered in enough dust to usher in a nuclear winter, and that this is an update from about 3 years ago or so, and that I'm woefully incompetent when it comes to keeping people informed, here's the new improved Litmus Fist. The biggest changes are the fact that you can keep it active for the full 4 turns by essentially "topping up" the Chakra for the technique every turn, and the ability to use other techniques during this one's duration, though naturally not at the same as an outgoing attack. If you've got any questions, fire away, otherwise please enjoy.

(Nintaijutsu: Ritomasu Fisuto) Ninja Body Art: Litmus Fist
Type:
Supplementary/ Offensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra: 30 (Plus up to an additional 30 Chakra each turn)
Description: Developed as a form of Taijutsu supplement, Litmus Fist carries on the concepts of it's parent technique, Litmus Finger, into new fields of use on a much larger, more focused scale. Where the parent technique was focused on creativity and speed through lack of any Hand Seals, this technique is solely focused on collaboration with almost any form or stance of Taijutsu in close quarters combat, especially Free-Form Taijutsu. The user begins by gathering a large amount of Chakra and distributing it equally throughout their body. Once this is done, the user then performs Taijutsu actions, motions, movements, etc, releasing the gathered Chakra in conjunction with them. Just like with the parent technique, these Taijutsu actions and motions are physically representative of the nature of an Element (An example of this would be using friction to perform Fire Release, or fluid motions for Water Release, etc.), which cause the Chakra to take on the properties of, and change into that Element. From there, the user applies Shape Manipulation and the same level of creative freedom from the parent technique to perform various kinds of Ninjutsu enhanced Taijutsu actions, either creating the Element they wish to use from their own Chakra, or using their Chakra to manipulate existing sources, like a nearby source of Water, or the ground beneath their feet, however, any and all offensive actions involving an existing source must originate from within Short Range of the user, same with Elements created by the user. Additionally, the user is able to utilize all canon forms/ states for the Elements they perform, for example, if they use Fire Release they could use ash, or flammable mist, however, the state or form of any attack performed via this technique cannot be changed once released, as the Chakra has already left the body, and been given form.

The user can split the Chakra Pool from this Jutsu into as many attacks they wish to perform, within reason, so the user can perform 1 A-Rank, or 2 B-Rank, etc, or even a combination of different ranked attacks, like 1 B-Rank and 2 C-Rank, etc. However with each division of the Chakra used, so too does each individual action logically lose power, although, this drawback is arguably the Jutsu's best quality, due to fact that the Nature of the users Chakra is only changed when released in conjunction with Taijutsu actions. This allows the user to swiftly and accurately shift between multiple Elements, performing extremely unique combinations of Elements, easily creating their own "style", simply by performing a series of basic actions and combing the Elements those actions unleash. Additionally, at the start of each turn for the duration of this technique the user can expend Chakra equivalent to the amount of Chakra utilized up until that point, restoring the Chakra they have for this technique back up to it's max. Although this action can easily end up eating through the users Chakra reserves, this ensures they can maintain the Jutsu for it's maximum turn limit, receiving the most from this Jutsu in return for the high cost required to maintain it. Finally, while the Chakra for this technique is gathered and prepared throughout the user's body, as it is yet to be molded, repurposed and released into an actual attack, the user can perform other Jutsu whilst this one is active, without consuming the Chakra pool gathered for this technique, however, this cannot be done simultaneously while the user is releasing an attack from this technique, as they are logically using their Chakra to shape that attack and cannot divert neither their attention, nor Chakra flow between multiple techniques.

Note: The user can keep this technique active for a max of 4 turns, and must wait 2 turns after it's deactivation before they can use it again. If the user does not use the full amount of Chakra gathered for this technique by the end of the turn limit, they lose the remaining Chakra. Finally, this Jutsu can be used a max of 3 times per battle.

Okay, I do have a lot of questions for both Litmus Fist and Litmus Cloak.

We can start with Litmus Fist.

It is an A rank technique that costs 30 chakra and lasts 4 turns. It can be biparted into lower ranks with great versatility.
You can replenish the chakra at the start of each turn to regain usability. I do need some clarification on how this works, though, so I'm going through a bit of a rp with this technique.

Turn 1:

I activate Litmus Fist to empower my taijutsu, and, through it, I perform a kick that shoots an A rank beam of chakra.
I spend 30 chakra, and the kick/beam deals 60 damage.

Turn 2:

I now decided to stomp my foot on the ground, which in turn transforms the beam into 2 hammers that crushes two opponents to the sides. Since I divided the hammer in two, it is now 2 B ranks.
Do each deal 40 damage? Or do they deal a combined 60 damage, thus 30 damage each?
Since I used 2 B ranks, do I spend 30 chakra again or do I spend 20 x 2?

Turn 3:

Now punch the air twice, creating 3 balls of chakra that attack an enemy. this time I divide my chakra in 4, but only utilize 3 parts, thus 3 C rank balls.
Following the previous question, do I spend 15 x 3 chakra or do I spend 3/4 of 30 chakra? Same for the damage, do I deal 30 damage per ball or do I deal 3/4 of 60 damage?

Without talking about any elements, I just need to understand the power of the techniques and the chakra cost, throughout the duration of this technique.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay, so I'll go through this turn by turn, and explain what would happen.

For turn 1, you've got everything down, obviously. Nothing can really go wrong here.

When we get into turn 2, the first thing you would have to do is repay the 30 Chakra for the technique. As mentioned, it's so you can maintain the technique for the max 4 turns, while also using each turn if that's your prerogative. I found myself activating it and not using it, in case I would need something from it in a turn or two, so it was a major downside of the tech.

Next your attempt to change the beam into anything wouldn't work in most cases. As stated in the tech, attacks need to come from Short Range of yourself, and you can't change the state of an attack after the Chakra for it's left the body. The only real instance where you could use another application of the technique is if you follow those two restrictions. For example you create an A-Rank stream of ash, and you are fighting an opponent in close quarters. You fire it at the opponent and they dodge. You could utilize another application to "control" the stream, and "pull" it back into the opponent. It would still be an A-Rank attack, you'd just be utilizing a secondary application to attack from that angle with it. You could also split it into two B-Rank, and so on, and to answer that portion of your question, each would have damage, durability, etc equivalent to a B-Rank. That was my intent behind the technique when I wrote it anyway. In case you're worried, even LoK has the technique, and had it explained to him that that was how it worked, and there hasn't been any issues, especially these days. Damage mitigation/ shaving makes this admittedly wonky way of pulling extra damage out of your butt negligible. Yang specialists immediately ignore 30 damage from all techniques for example, and that's without any personal CJ that may be higher completely negating a portion of any damage potentially taken. Then there's also the way combining individual Jutsu, or in other words using one Jutsu to "boost" another, like tossing out a Wind attack after a Fire one follows Izuna's old Elemental Interactions guide for damage scaling, which you can find here. Basically two B-Ranks would be equivalent to an A-Rank or 60 damage, not a total of 80 damage from combining two B-Ranks for 40 + 40 damage. It's why keeping the applications as separate attacks is the best application of this technique, as it gives you more overall damage to play with, even if it's not as great these days with how the combat system's evolved.

Back to the hypothetical though, provided your opponent isn't within Short Range, instead after firing the beam when you stomp you could make a pair of B-Rank constructs, like hammers, that you could fire in a pincer-formation arc at your opponent after the beam. The A-Rank beam would be it's own attack, as would the hammers, basically. So your two hammers would have 40 damage each, while the beam would have 60, and for the aforementioned reason of damage mitigation/ shaving existing, that's not as powerful as it sounds, as any damage mitigation would proc on each attack. So to give an example, if your opponent had the Yang specialty, the hammers would deal 10 damage, and the beam 30, for an overall damage of 50, not 140 minus 30 for 110. Overall, you've spent 60 Chakra, 30 for the first turn, 30 for the second.

Finally, on turn 3, again you only pay that 30 Chakra, and in this case you're splitting that A-Rank pool of Chakra into 4 C-Ranks following the logic of a geometric progression (1 A-Rank, 2 B-Rank, 4 C-Rank, 8 D-Rank and 16 E-Rank respectively), and again the orbs would each deal the damage of a C-Rank, so 30 damage. You would have 1 C-Rank left over and that would mean next turn you'd get to save a whole 1/4 of the 30 Chakra you'd otherwise spend, which is 7.5 Chakra, and would drive me insane when doing calculations, so it'd be much better to just throw the thing at the enemy, than have to deal with that.

That's how your hypothetical scenario would work out in my opinion, and with my intent when I made the technique.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,928💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay, much clearer now. I can create any biparts of 1 A rank as I chose, each will be considered their own techniques, and affected individually. I acquire a 30 chakra pool that allows me to do that, and portion it at wish to create my techniques, only requiring me to replenish the amount fo chakra that I portioned, either whole 30 chakra or portions of it. I could activate the technique and spend 30 chakra and do nothing with it until I decide to, not spending any more "recharge" chakra, though I will lose the 30 chakra points I spent if I miss all 4 turns.

Okay so, this technique works by either Generating Elements or Bending existing sources. I was re-reading the updated technique and the part about "bending" your opponent's technique is not there anymore, does this mean you erased that part?
Are we not able to bending techniques that are being thrown towards us? Or can we overpower then with our own, and, following the Technique Interaction Rules, revert back some weakened techniques or divert them away from us.

For example, the user sends a C rank Water ball to me. When it reaches Short range, I "bend" it way from me with B rank power, sending it back to the user. Seeing as B rank clashed with C rank, it would lose 1 rank in power, so the "Bent back" water ball would be C rank in strength. In a similar scenario, I could simply perform a C rank application of Litmus Fist to "break" apart the water ball, since both jutsu would technically neutralize eachother, so It would be like I blasted the water apart when it reached
short range.

The second example would be to use opposing elements to "bend" them backwards. Imagine an opposing C rank water ball is coming towards me, I could generate a C rank vortex or earth that spins the ball around and shoots back out as a mud ball C rank in strength. In a similar scenario, the vortex could be D rank and merely weigh down the water ball, turning it into harmless mud that falls on the ground instead of striking me.

Would this be alright?